• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health are you little bit insane?

DOB

Bluelighter
I think that if people knew what things sometimes go in my head,I mean these "backstage" ones,they would think I am sick crazy son of a you know

I dont do like anything bad,I am pefectly normal,my main thinking part of mind,is fine its this stuff that come out of sub concious that batshit crazy

like I would be going in car with with someone and I think what would happen if I opened door while driving,how it could be ripped of by another car,how would that person get angry and how weird it will be

most of these crazy ideas are just crazy social ones,its about what would people I try to look to like fine person would think I done something totaly unexpected and shocking in bad way

or when I have knife on table and my cat shows up I for some reason image stabbing that cat,but thats so sick I love cats more than people and I never harmed or will never harm one,I was from young age very nice to all animals I regulary trow insect out of window while others will just crush it

or about girls I like I would never cheat my partner but I noticed in the back of my mind theres on going like train of tought about selecting girl I should love and its very primite,its like comparing their bodies and whos more fit wins but I have control over it only when I am fully aware of it most of the time its going un noticed in the back stage,thats fucking retarded,I would never let these things happen in my mainstage

am I alone? is that mental sickness? I am not sure becose I never let these ideas to take on into real world but I dont understand where is my brain comming with this crap,its like I had some egoistic primitive beast inside me

I understand what youre saying. I dont know if its mental illness or not though. But ill think about fucked up stuff sometimes, like how to kill someone and get away with it. Not that I would ever do that, but I feel as if I could.

I understand what youre saying. I dont know if its mental illness or not though. But ill think about fucked up stuff sometimes, like how to kill someone and get away with it. Not that I would ever do that, but I feel as if I could.

same here,my brain is like serial killer in the cage sometimes

like I would be going in car with with someone and I think what would happen if I opened door while driving,how it could be ripped of by another car,how would that person get angry and how weird it will be

most of these crazy ideas are just crazy social ones,its about what would people I try to look to like fine person would think I done something totaly unexpected and shocking in bad way

I think that's normal. Or at least that reminds me of how sometimes if I'm drinking at a bar and in a conversation with someone I'll randomly imagine what it would be like if I were to suddenly and spontaneously throw my drink in their face. LOL I can't imagine what they would say/do after the initial "WTF!?" moment

The first time I recall thinking this particular thought was when I was talking to this girl who I eventually ended up dating for 1.5 years, so I don't worry about it too much.

You could walk into a bank and check out the security, count the cameras, case the place out, and imagine what it would be like to rob a bank, but so long as you don't act on these thoughts and so long as you're aware of how you're violating social norms, mores, and laws than I don't think there's an issue.

i used to have pretty bad OCD, and learned about intrusive thoughts, similar to what you are describing. everyone has them, just no one thinks that other people do.

I have thoughts like this, too. Sometimes I'll think about what would happen if I did something totally ridiculous out of no where, like if I was having a serious conversation and I just got up, did a little dance and then kicked the person in the face and ran away or something. Sometimes I'll even get embarrassed picturing a situation like that like I'm actually feeling a sample of the humiliation or negative consequence of it without it actually happening. If anything, these kinds of thoughts just further prevent me from doing any of it.

If I ever get thoughts of harming a cat or a person or something, I find them very unpleasant and just don't really dwell on them. They're certainly not "urges," but rather just the thought of "what if I suddenly went crazy and lost control and did fucked up shit?" I have a pretty bad case of OCD when it comes to the O part, with invasive unwanted thoughts. I'm pretty sure everyone is like this to a degree. Hell, everyone is generally capable of having any "what if" thought. As long as it doesn't interfere with your life or get you down, then it's probably nothing to worry about.

yeah I had a really bizarre thought one time when I was 14 or 15. My grandmother was celebrating her birthday and we had the cake lit and everything and out of no where I wondered how my family would react if, after she blew the candles out, I just shoved her face in the cake and said "fuck you grandma". And she is the nicest lady in the world I felt like a pile of shit for even thinking that.

I always say...

"Only when you think you are normal should you start to question sanity."

yeah I had a really bizarre thought one time when I was 14 or 15. My grandmother was celebrating her birthday and we had the cake lit and everything and out of no where I wondered how my family would react if, after she blew the candles out, I just shoved her face in the cake and said "fuck you grandma". And she is the nicest lady in the world I felt like a pile of shit for even thinking that.

I seriously lold right here :D

I think that's normal. Or at least that reminds me of how sometimes if I'm drinking at a bar and in a conversation with someone I'll randomly imagine what it would be like if I were to suddenly and spontaneously throw my drink in their face. LOL I can't imagine what they would say/do after the initial "WTF!?" moment

The first time I recall thinking this particular thought was when I was talking to this girl who I eventually ended up dating for 1.5 years, so I don't worry about it too much.

You could walk into a bank and check out the security, count the cameras, case the place out, and imagine what it would be like to rob a bank, but so long as you don't act on these thoughts and so long as you're aware of how you're violating social norms, mores, and laws than I don't think there's an issue.

thats exactly kind of things that I think sometimes,that akward unexpected crazy shit

I think its more just our imaginations running wild. We think of this stuff in our heads because that is the one place we can have our secret thoughts. And everyone has secret thoughts

Seriously, this is why the idea of technology advancing to the point of reading people's minds would scare the shit out of me.

I think it's perfectly natural, and healthy to think such things. Honestly, if you keep telling yourself "This isn't normal. I shouldn't be thinking this" over and over again, you are just gonna convince yourself that you have a problem, and eventually cause yourself to hate yourself. It's the text book definition of a Self Fulfilling Prophecy. It's healthy to exercise these thoughts, to let them out, let them flow out into the world. As long as you don't act on them, and actually do such fucked up things, does it really matter whether or not you think them? Absolutely not. As long as no harm is coming to yourself or others in the real world, then it's all good.

I always think of the worst possible thing I could do in various social situations. It never leaves my head though. It's pretty normal, I think.

I used to thing crazy things like that every now and then. Nothing to be worried about imo, not unless you start acting upon your impulses.

I feel much better when I know everybody haz this,thanks all

the other day i was thinking about knocking someone out, smashing all the fingers on both their hands with a hammer, taking out a kneecap, then shooting them up with a sedative. at this point i would take them to a simulation of hell in a basement somewhere. i would have fires all around the room and a friend dressed like the devil. to wake them up from the sedative i would shoot them up with lsd. then i would be like "you didn't know i was down with the devil did you motherfucker!" then i would put them in a box about the size of a coffin but without the padding, continue feeding them psychedelic drugs, and play a tape over and over that would say things like "you are worthless" and "kill yourself."

I used to thing crazy things like that every now and then. Nothing to be worried about imo, not unless you start acting upon your impulses.

you have to act on some of the not-so-entirely crazy impulses to keep the truly disturbing ones at bay, imho. i used to think violent things, now i can shrug off a lot of it by recognizing that people who are assholes just end up causing more damage in their own lives than they could ever cause me in a chance meeting.

if you need to get mentally worked-up or just plain furious about things then it just adds more stress to life which is already stressful. people have driven themselves crazy or just caused a lot of mental anguish by entertaining thoughts of insane sociopathy/violence. I think the only sensible approach is to stop feeding off the tits of the media (the go-to source to learn about crazy shit happening) and live with a greater respect for nature and our place in the greater order.

a lot of people will never learn, but that shouldn't mean you have to follow them off the bridge they're jumping from.

Yeah, totally happens to me too. My mind just kind of wanders.
I hate it when I think of bad things, dangerous things, or think of me hurting someone or something. But my mind just wanders to all these fucked up situations ... "what if" kinda things.
Weird but it seems like lots of people have them! So I don't feel alone now :p

am I alone? is that mental sickness? I am not sure becose I never let these ideas to take on into real world but I dont understand where is my brain comming with this crap,its like I had some egoistic primitive beast inside me

Allow yourself to think freely, and question why you might be thinking what you are, and why you react the way you do. Emotions are what conduct our train of thoughts, bottled up anger for example will strive to be released one way or another. In reference to the cat, maybe you feel a deep sense of unjustified pain that wants to be let loose and seen for what it is, so to speak, causing you to think the same way irrationally...

Like if there was a song that consistently brought up bad memories, listening to it in a new setting those previous emotions must be faced, rationalized with, made sense of, and new ones created which do become more prevailing.

Last edited: