• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health are you little bit insane?

Allow yourself to think freely, and question why you might be thinking what you are, and why you react the way you do. Emotions are what conduct our train of thoughts, bottled up anger for example will strive to be released one way or another. In reference to the cat, maybe you feel a deep sense of unjustified pain that wants to be let loose and seen for what it is, so to speak, causing you to think the same way irrationally...

Like if there was a song that consistently brought up bad memories, listening to it in a new setting those previous emotions must be faced, rationalized with, made sense of, and new ones created which do become more prevailing.

I dont think thats pain,its probably more of some primal thing,like cat is potential food and only people to not be removed from gen pool were obviously those having food

Almost everyday I picture scenarios where I'm having fights with people I don't like, how I would kick the shit out of them or them kick the shit out of me and all the repercussions. Or what would happen if I killed somebody, or if I got away from everything and live in the streets coping drugs and stuff. Or leaving to the middle east and becoming a mercenary and die fighting for something I don't even understand.

According to shrinks, yeah I probably would be considered to be either batshit insane or at least on the verge of going. Not because I really am, because I know I'm not, I'm actually a pretty happy person that functions quite well. The only thing that's abnormal about me is that I hear voices, sometimes every night like a split second after closing my eyes to sleep and sometimes I hear somebody calling my name when nobody's around during the day and sometimes I hear sentences and stuff a little bit in white noise. This happens regardless of my sobriety or lack thereof. I'm actually glad that I experience this stuff, it's like a sort of internal guidance and makes me think about whatever stuff is going on in my life and all. I don't really see stuff unless I'm on something, except once I saw this dead guy in my room that was all rotten and stuff while sober. This didn't happen recently though. I'm not crazy although this is something I have definitely considered in the past. I think I have a gift but not in the supernatural sense. If I was alive back in the days of the Indians, I probably would have been seen as having a gift not as a mental patient. Sadly, today if I told anybody about this they'd think I was a lunatic :(

Last edited:
Seriously, this is why the idea of technology advancing to the point of reading people's minds would scare the shit out of me.

Probably why the elite want the technology under their control. I think the public would be shocked to see what goes through their minds!

I've noticed these thoughts at times, definitely stronger when substances are being used. When I'm clean and sober it's like the thoughts are still out there but float on by instead of penetrating into my mind. Makes you wonder whether these thoughts really belong to you in the first place. Personally I don't. I've had some really fucked up thoughts, but I know it isn't me. Of course that leaves the question of where they come from..

When you act on those thoughts, is when you cross the threshold of insanity.

Most people think crazy shit one time or another, though the vast majority never act on them.
There is a thin line, most people never cross it.

I have thoughts of hurting people that make me scream out loud. Sad thing is, I really have hurt people. Hospitalized people. Was told that I killed animals as a child but don't remember it. Wow... I really ashamed right now but I'm telling you that you aren't alone. Just being honest.

My father used to bloody my face. There could be a connection. I just wanted to say that before anyone decides to judge me...they havent lived my life ...and I sure am not judging you. You have obsessive compulsive thoughts that freak you out. I do too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think a lot these thoughts might well be primitive instinctive thoughts, but they seem weird because its reflected on modern day society.

From 'how to chase the sabeltand tiger away' to 'how would X react when i do Z.

Dont think its insanity at all, perhaps its very usefull. We are still always on alert and scanning our environment, but so obsessed with modern society and all its unhuman acts that the real human thoughts that we need to flee, fight or flirt, come out anyway in sometimes pretty bizarre form.

crazy is subjective i consider myself crazy cause the only people i met as fucked up in the head as me i met in a fucking psych ward and most of the people there weren't as sick as me

Certainly not insane, I'm very level headed. I might be 'different', have certain personality traits, but nothing completely cuckoo crazy.

I have a bad life, so incompetent therapists and pill-pushers are quick to label my anguish as an equivalent to depression.

But unfortunately I have developed some actual mental problems as well.

When you act on those thoughts, is when you cross the threshold of insanity.

Most people think crazy shit one time or another, though the vast majority never act on them.
There is a thin line, most people never cross it.

i crossed that last week once and for all i damaged my self pretty badly this time

Yeah, I once hated a teacher I had in high school so bad I fantasized about tying her up and sowing her meat orchid to her legs. Dont think that is normal tho.

It sounds like a sort of mental detachment from emotional bonds. Sociopathic thoughts.

I don't know what a meat orchid is. Must be the vag.