• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dangers of Lead (Pb) In Glass - Am I slowly getting Lead Poisoning ?

Afterm4th

Bluelighter
I bought a glass vial in the store that I was going to make a glass pipe out of for smoking crystal meth.

I blew air into the tube when it was really hot and made a hole in the end. It worked great.

Anyways, I thought as I was getting the glass tube hot if there was any elemental lead in the glass.

I know for sure that glassware like pyrex and canning jars have low lead content. I thought that there was some kind of law where a manufacturer cannot make food-grade glass kitchenware that has too high of lead content.

I would trust weed pipes made by red eye glass are low Pb content. But what about the rose that you pick up from the dollar store. Around here you can get glass test tubes that arnt really test tubes from roses. They hold the water at the stem of the rose.

I would suspect if there is a danger due to the lead in the pipe that it would be even more dangerous if you were to heat the glass up like you would if you were smoking meth out of a pipe.

TL;DR:

Is there any danger of Lead (Pb) in glass pipes that are home made?

Last edited:
Even if the glass comtained lead, it would be as non-volatile, non-absorbed and non-toxic lead oxide. There is little to no danger.

Sekio got to it first, but he's right, I wouldn't be worried.

I actually first though you were talking about lead in meth, and I was like "What kind of terrible dealer do you have?"

I know for sure that glassware like pyrex and canning jars have low lead content.

Where did you get that idea? From wiki and NIST:

According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, borosilicate Pyrex is composed of (as percentage of weight): 14% boron, 51% oxygen, .3% sodium, 1% aluminium, 38% silicon, and less than 1% potassium.

Most non-labware glass is soda-lime, with the exception of lead glass. The typical composition for soda-lime has no lead either.