• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Smoking Percocet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This prob sounds dumb too but I only had 1 5mg perk I snorted with a little rum but I feel pretty decently high. Could it be tolorence or a placebo? Basically no tolerance haven't used in a month or so accept valuim yesterday.

I have friends who can get high on 5-10mg of oxycodone. Not unusual. Count yourself lucky.

Also, don't snort percs. You aren't able to absorb that much powder at one time, especially since majority is binders and fillers. You are snorting 500+mg of powder which only contains 5mg of oxycodone. I bet you most of that 5mg is falling down to your stomach. If you want to get the most out of the perc swallow it. The bioavailability is higher for oral administration than snorting. To decrease the time of the come up, crush the pills and swallow the powder. You will decrease the time for absorption by 5-10 minutes which isnt' to far off from the time it takes for snorting.

Yeah I knew it was really bad but usually if I take Vicodin or somthing I would need 2 and a half or 3 eaten but when I snort perks it seems to use less I know it's bio is better eaten or parachuted it just seems to work better snorted for me. It's weird that's why I was thinking placebo.

Vicoden is about 1.5 weaker than percs, so 5mg oxycodone ~= 7.5mg hydrocodone. Though you can actually find the number to be closer together if one is using oxycodone a lot. There will be a incomplete cross tolerance which would allow them to be closer together. If one uses hydrocodone a lot (DOC), the dose of oxycodone can be lower than one might expect due to the same principle.

This prob sounds dumb too but I only had 1 5mg perk I snorted with a little rum but I feel pretty decently high. Could it be tolorence or a placebo? Basically no tolerance haven't used in a month or so accept valuim yesterday.

Placebo, as they say I'd "blame it on the alcohol" =D

Hey guys I know this sounds stupid but some of my friends smoke percocets I allways thought it was stupid bec of all te fillers binders and Tylenol. They swear by it. They put a open flame to it but I was wondering if you could put it on tinfoil with lighter underneath and would work? Probabally stupid question but thanks anyways

facepalm-homer.jpg

I suggest you read up on smoking hydrochloride salts vs. their freebase counterparts =D

While it works with some chemicals (methamphetamine) this is not always the case, you should read the compounds chemdata.

(source)

I am in no way saying that anybody should smoke oxycodone, but I find it hard to believe that thousands of people are experiencing placebo effects when they smoke oxycodone and nod out from it. I don't doubt that a lot of it is wasted and it takes a lot more to achieve the desired effects compared to other ROA's, but it doesn't seem possible everybody that gets high off of smoking oxycodone is experiencing 100% placebo effects. Do we know the temperature needed to vaporize oxycodone hcl vs the temperature needed to destroy it? I have only read that it's very close, which is why it is easy to heat it too much causing it to be destroyed, but it would seem that with the proper technique that this would work, although being wasteful and very harmful to the lungs, ie. not efficient.

As far as smoking hcl vs base, what about #4 black tar heroin, or even the people that smoke powder heroin? Again, it's not efficient, but I don't think that everbody getting high from it is experiencing placebo effects, although there is no doubt that they are wasting a lot of it.

God, this is a retarded thread... hah. I always can't help but laugh when I hear about kids smoking pills. It's ridiculous.

This is the 2nd or third time you post this condescending stuff of calling posters "kids" - exactly who are you referring to? Be more specific. I'm pushing 30, and I'm probably older than you are. So just who are you calling "kids"?

-Your friends are idiots
-Smoking Percocets is dangerous, stupid and ineffective. Did I mention that it is ineffective? The only thing is it effective in doing is wasting drugs.
-Yes, people claim to get effects from smoking Percocets. I can claim to get effects from smoking Tylenol (which is effectively what your friends are doing) but that doesn't mean anything is actually happening (besides causing damage to my lungs and throat).

There is plently of hard science to prove that smoking pills (not just Percocets) is stupid, dangerous and ineffective. Its oxycodone. Just swallow the pills. People who smoke oxycodone shouldn't be using drugs. Oxycodone is most effective when used oral. Period.

I'm going to close this thread. We're a harm reduction forum. Smoking Percocets causes nothing but harm.

PM me if you have any questions.

Tommy, I've never done powder heroin in my life, so I can't comment on that last bit, but like I said, depending on the chemical, some can be vaporized in hcl form more efficiently than freebase, I think it just comes down to efficiency.

And to clarify, I don't think that the effects people feel are completely placebo, I just think that even with the best technique w/ foil, after you factor in how much is destroyed, and the bioavailability of inhaled oxycodone (which I do not know the BA of, but properly nebulized morphine only gets a mean of 17% BA), you would get an unknown percentage of oxycodone into your bloodstream, but I doubt it's better than taking it orally with a BA of 67% or more, and sans the health consequences of smoking pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.