• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time xanax

Let the pill disolve under your tounge, You should feel gental relief inn about 40 min.but you wont feel high you would if you took 2 mgs

I feel sublingual xanax in 5 minutes, full effects in 15.

thank y'all for helping me, I took 0.5 mg and that did the trick. I felt incredibly relieved and calm. After a while I shared a blunt with a couple of friends and it got me high as a jet but still very calm. A great relief for my anxiety problems

^ Awesome, glad you had a good time :D A low dose of Xanax actually lets you get higher off of your weed than too much of it. Too much Xanax dulls the psychedelic effects from cannabis, enough so that I prefer smoking weed way more without any benzos.

I take Lorazepam almost daily and have for almost a year straight. 0.5 Still takes the edge of irritability and mild anxiety.
I take around 1.5 to sleep, 2 would most likely work better.
If I was feeling really anxious I would take 1-1.5mg, and if I was for sure about to have a panic attack, 2mg.
It works great as an anti-anxiety agent, what it's supposed to do.. Like someone said earlier, it's not for getting fucked up.
If you mess with benzos you could be digging an early grave, the withdrawals can be hell.
I usually take breaks from them here and there to drop tolerance and decrease chances of dependence.
I like .5 because it doesn't feel like I even took anything.
I'm not sure why my tolerance is so low. Maybe my idea of anxiety-free differs from most people?

Last edited:
You might not even find benzos (alprazolam in your case) very recreationnal at all! Most people with anxiety issues adore them though ;)

xanax was my first benzo too!
but i had to "learn" the effects of it first, although theyre powerful (and they are along the most powerful of all benzos, at least for me) i didnt even recognize i was on something, definately changed with the 2nd an 3rd time i did it :)

EDIT: stay at home the first time, gettin into shit while in public under its influence is regular :D)

Okay a few words of advice:

1.) If your after a good buzz .5mg will leave you quite unsatisfied unless your sensitive (which everyone is different). If it's your first time .5-1mg is sufficient.

2.) YOU NEVER MIX BENZOS WITH ALCOHOL!! EVER!! Some people can take Xanax and drink a few beers; others this will lead to a coma or death. I've known a few people who have died from 2 beers and a Xanax.

3.) Have fun and make sure your at home or a place you can crash and sleep ;).

don't mix benzo's (which is the drug group that xanax is apart of) with alcohol, ever. Weed will be fine to mix with it however.

You don't wanna mix xanax and alcohol because they are both CNS depressants, and the combined effects of both can slow your breathing down enough to the point that if you fall asleep you will just stop breathing and die.

I learned that the hard way, last year, 1 lite beer and 1mg of xanax and i layed in my bed all night. My friend said i was barely breathing... I only remember small parts of the night, i kept passing out and he would wake me up. It sucked...

Glad you had a good first experience with xanax (better than mine on the surface at least). In a way my first (out of two) experience with xanax (and with any benzo) was both a good and a bad thing. After about four months of abusing vicodins and a few other things (butalbital, tussionex, et al. Basically whatever i found in the medicine cabinet) my freshman year of high school (mind you i was 14 and about 95 pounds). I found some xanax in the cabinet took a vicodin, took some tussionex, then took two xanax. Well after that i felt great (obviously) but i felt so great that i decided to take 3 more xanax, after all they were only .5 mgs (smart move right, lol). Needless to say i put on a movie and fell asleep after about 5 mins, (for about 20 hours, although i feel like it could easily have been forever.)

Well i woke up STILL messed up, my pupils were ridiculously dilated. That day we had a family gathering and i took two more and some tussionex (this was time number 2). Needless to say everyone knew something was up. I told my cousin and she proceeded to tell my mom. Made for a terrible, but necessary couple of weeks and i stopped the drugs.

It hasnt been an easy road, i still get that feeling of excitement whenever im taking something, be it codeine syrup or whatever else (and i definitely get cravings, for lack of a better term, for that feeling) ,but at this point at 18 in college, i am no longer anything like an addict, although i know all it would take is a little nudge and i could fall right back to where i was or worse.

Sidenote, i discovered these forums a few weeks ago (this is my first post) and im really enjoying reading everyones stories on here.

Last edited:
chuck it under ur tongue , let it dissolve , drink that chatty taste down , wait 30 mins or so and smoke some buds with some tunes , .5mg is perfect for the first time , unless u dont kno what benzos do like i didnt my first time and just decided to eat 6mg , mixed 25 standard drinks , 2 tabs of acid , a point and a half of meth , half a coke bottle of mescaline and heaps of random supplements lol .

Why is benzo's with alchohol so frowned upon? I am still for harm reduction, but people use things to potentiate other things all the time. Why is there such stigma with this combination? I mean let's be real, It's pretty easy to potentiate responsibly.

For a first time user absolutely not. But I can promise you I won't be blacking out and/or going into respiratory depression anytime soon. Cheers.

Why is benzo's with alchohol so frowned upon? I am still for harm reduction, but people use things to potentiate other things all the time. Why is there such stigma with this combination? I mean let's be real, It's pretty easy to potentiate responsibly.

For a first time user absolutely not. But I can promise you I won't be blacking out and/or going into respiratory depression anytime soon. Cheers.
I can't speak for everyone... but when Xanax and Alcohol are talked about in the same sentence, the word responsibly goes out the window.

I can't speak for everyone... but when Xanax and Alcohol are talked about in the same sentence, the word responsibly goes out the window.

That's the social stigma I am talking about. We are working with 0.25-0.50mg doses. More then capable of being used responsibly with a couple drinks.

That's the social stigma I am talking about. We are working with 0.25-0.50mg doses. More then capable of being used responsibly with a couple drinks.
Im just talking from personal experience.

One Xanax, one drink, quickly becomes another Xanax, another drink and so on and so forth, they both lower your inhibitions and skew your judgement to the point where it's very easy to become reckless, thats all im saying.

If you have very good self-control then maybe you will be ok, but i have had many Xanax & Alcohol related disasters.

Im just talking from personal experience.

One Xanax, one drink, quickly becomes another Xanax, another drink

Totally agreed. Taking Xanax and going out for me is like having a highly booze and drug addicted friend with me.
It constantly "peer pressures" me and keeps teelin me to do anything i get.... Not to talk about all the moneyloosing, becoming violent, talking a lot of shit kinda aspects...

More than 1mg - I wont leave my falt for shit :D

Just be careful, ull sometimes lose control, thinking ur the soberest moth*** around :)