• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Can you snort a drug after having a nose job?

gingervitus

Bluelighter
My friend just got a rhinoplasty and she's one of the people I try drugs with. We've almost done cocaine a couple times but decided against it and I was trying to figure out whether or not she could snort anything for a while. She got it done like two days ago and I just wanted to fill her in if it would be dangerous, a waste, etc. to insufflate anything. Anyone know anything or have any guesses?

I don't actually have the answer to your question but I would just like to mention that if I couldn't snort cocaine and drugs in general after getting a nose job, that single handily would be the reason I would NOT get a nose job lol.

unless she wants to have to get another nose job in due time, I wouldn't. smoking would be alright. however a physician would have final say

unless she wants to have to get another nose job in due time, I wouldn't. smoking would be alright. however a physician would have final say
I mean recreationally, I'm sure most people who use don't plan on becoming cokeheads but would like a one time thing or rare use be a problem?

If she has just recently got the nosejob then yes it would be a bad idea. I know someone who snorted cocaine after getting a nosejob and it turned out very badly. She should wait until after it is fully and completely healed.

I mean recreationally, I'm sure most people who use don't plan on becoming cokeheads but would like a one time thing or rare use be a problem?

No one "plans" on getting addicted, but your plans often go out the window. Are you sure you want to open that door? As for the nosejob thing, even if it's just one night or a few times, snorting anything is really not a good idea until well after it's healed. There's no need to take the risk that it might damage something or get infected etc, I'm sure your friend paid a lot of money for that nosejob and wants it to heal properly.

I don't actually have the answer to your question but I would just like to mention that if I couldn't snort cocaine and drugs in general after getting a nose job, that single handily would be the reason I would NOT get a nose job lol.

pbuilder, I think he/she was talking about right after a nosejob, not implying that having had a nosejob would mean you could never snort drugs ever again ;-)

If she has just recently got the nosejob then yes it would be a bad idea. I know someone who snorted cocaine after getting a nosejob and it turned out very badly. She should wait until after it is fully and completely healed.

No one "plans" on getting addicted, but your plans often go out the window. Are you sure you want to open that door? As for the nosejob thing, even if it's just one night or a few times, snorting anything is really not a good idea until well after it's healed. There's no need to take the risk that it might damage something or get infected etc, I'm sure your friend paid a lot of money for that nosejob and wants it to heal properly.

I really couldn't have answered this any better. Man, just wait till her beak is completely healed before y'all start putting random powders in there. There's such a huge/high risk of infection. I doubt she wants to go through all of that again, just cause she wanted to try some yayo...

....The nose job prolly cost a hell of a lot more, too.

LOL English isn't my native language, and when I read "nose job" I was seriously confused and shocked... then I googled it ^^ *sigh of relief*

Cocaine and other stimulants are vasoconstrictors. Cocaine is sometimes even used as a topical vasoconstrictor in surgery. This means it will constrict the blood vessels in the nose a lot, and could significantly impair healing. In fact cocaine can sometimes cause necrosis (tissue death) in healthy noses, so imagine what it could do to someone who has just had surgery.. really not a good idea at all.

Even if something that is not a vasoconstrictor is snorted, it could still irritate the tissues in the nose and have a negative impact on healing. When recovering from any kind of surgery it's important to give your body the best chance of healing, so follow the doctor/surgeon's advice and stay away from recreational drugs..

LOL English isn't my native language, and when I read "nose job" I was seriously confused and shocked... then I googled it ^^ *sigh of relief*

LOL :) I wouldn't have been able to tell English was not your first language! Your posts are written better than a lot of native speakers ;-)

Cocaine and other stimulants are vasoconstrictors. Cocaine is sometimes even used as a topical vasoconstrictor in surgery. This means it will constrict the blood vessels in the nose a lot, and could significantly impair healing. In fact cocaine can sometimes cause necrosis (tissue death) in healthy noses, so imagine what it could do to someone who has just had surgery.. really not a good idea at all.

Even if something that is not a vasoconstrictor is snorted, it could still irritate the tissues in the nose and have a negative impact on healing. When recovering from any kind of surgery it's important to give your body the best chance of healing, so follow the doctor/surgeon's advice and stay away from recreational drugs..

Very good info.

This has been answered, but I'll repeat. Do not sniff drugs, especially vasoconstrictors, until the surgery has healed completely.

i believe that a pharmaceutical cocaine solution is used in septum surgery, and may have even been used during her nose job, so she may be a step ahead of you OP, however this solution is diluted and only about 4-5%

i believe that a pharmaceutical cocaine solution is used in septum surgery, and may have even been used during her nose job, so she may be a step ahead of you OP, however this solution is diluted and only about 4-5%

To my knowledge it's rarely used medically in North America (if that's where they're from) anymore, and it's very very different from self-administering cocaine bought off the street.

I just did a quick google search on how long it takes on average for a nose job to heal, and from what I read, it said it could take up to a full year for everything. If that's true, OP... I wouldn't suggest your friend sniffs anything for a long, long time. I mean, does she really want to do irreversible damage to something she probably paid ten grand for?

...For the time being, and until things are good to go, if you're going to consume drugs together, I would just stick to the drugs you can swallow or smoke. I'd stay away from anything that needs to be sniffed. Just to be safe, you know? Cause I'm sure that surgery was painful to begin with, and it's going to continue to be painful for a bit, do you really want to potentially add more pain to that? Not to mention, undergoing ANOTHER surgery if you do significant damage?

I don't know, man. I would just avoid it all together until everything, inside AND out was completely healed...

Dont snort until it's healed. Just the thought of that sounds painful, esp after the numbing wears off!

Avoid it I Have had 3 ops of my nose and am using saline solutions evry night. U nd at oeast 6 months off for the nose to heal, I never listened and my nose glued together. Today my nose is fucked people think I am a cage fighter bcos mynose is so flat. My family life is fucked ALSO. Have spent $20000 pounds on nasal surgery and the list goes on. Yuour only going to make it worse trust ,e I know, I am stuilll a using addict and still domnt listen to my own words. Hpe u get something from this.

It's totally fine as long as the nose job itself is completely healed up. I would definately start with very small lines/bumps n if it hurts at all do not continue. But again I don't see a problem AS LONG as the surgery is COMPLETELY healed. Be safe n have fun.

Last edited: