• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How would you tell if someone is currently high on heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Bluelight Crew
I'm just curious. I don't do heroin, I'm just wondering what a person acts like when they're on smack. I've read about how it makes you feel + nodding etc. but like if you did some, and then went to go meet with someone or whatever, how would you act? (as in if you're not alone lying in bed or something the whole time :) ). I met this guy on coke a few weeks ago who had a ton of energy and was acting quite weird and jumping around the whole time, so it was pretty obvious he was on something. I'm wondering if there are any signs like that when on heroin (even though I know they'd be different).

unless quite a high dose, not much to notice, pinned eyes. high dose easy to spot, falling asleep every minute, look so fucking content with everything and dopey.

Pin-point pupils. Glazed eyes. Slow reflexes.
Anorexia, lack of apetite, aversion to alcohol.

Besides what's already been stated, I would also say the way they speak. When I'm smacked out, I talk real slow, and it's kind of drawn out. I've also noticed a few other people do it as well.

I get an oral fixation when i'm high. I have to pick at sweets or something. Was wondering if my doc would notice my opiate hangover this morning thank god he didnt!

Theyd probably be scratching their nose a lot if it was insuffalated. Eyes are the best way to tell though

depending on how much you do, you will have droopy eyes.. eyes closing for a second and then jolting awake, recent bruises and track marks on the arms, hands and wrists... slow speach abnd many other syptons... these are the first that come to mind

but if somebody has taken a low amount of H, it shouldnt be visible (to people who are not used to be around people who do heroin on the regular, and can tell the smallest tell tal signes

also pinpointt pupils

Their pupils might be pinned but in my experience the pupil pinning has a much slower onset than the euphoric effects. Flushing of the face, eyes looking glassy or spacey, and at higher doses trouble walking and nodding off may be present. They might refuse to take other drugs that you offer them for fear of an adverse interaction.

people say they get pinned pupils. But i perosnally have NEVER had pinned pupils, infact they get somehwat dilated on high dosages. And this is some veyr high dosages of a range of opites.

Weirdly, almsot anyhting makes my pupils dilate. Something like ket, which dosent typicall dilate the pupils. I can take a dose way less than average and have HUGE pupils. SO that would give me away.

Apart from that, theyd get confused if you asked them difficult questions, theyd have a half stoned happy grin (i always do!) and theyd be very slow to move. And unable to perform complex motor tasks. Also their perosnality would be noticably different.

the eyes are always a dead give away

TINY TINY black spot barely noticable pupils.

big edit: and the itching. o the itching.

Pinpoint pupils, that are non-reactive to light change.
Increased scratching of face/body.
Slightly delayed reaction time.
Different mannerisms and ways of acting.
Tiredness/lethargy
Nodding off - seeming to have trouble keeping eyes open
Eye redness comparable to marijuana
Laboured breathing
Difficulty urinating
Constipation

EDIT: I am a bluelighter now! =)

It gives SMALL pupils, not big pupils faceplant.

I realise this, but for me personally, anything and everything seems to make my pupils dilate. On a low dose of opaites my pupils dont really change, on a high dose they are noticably bigger. Id be relaly interested if anyone has a reason for this, its really puzzled me.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's not at all an obvious drug to spot. I do have one last question - when I was on benzos I'd never be able to walk properly, I was always running into walls/my muscles would suddenly give up and I'd almost fall over, and some of the stuff you're describing here sort of sounds like how the benzos would make me (tiredness, slowed breathing, delayed reflexes, droopy eyes, slurred speech...), so would someone on heroin have trouble moving/walking/retaining balance as well or can they just walk normally as if nothing were up?

the difficulkt moving isnt as bad as a high dose of benzos. But I often trip up on opiates. Its more of a slow, lethargic movement, rather than the drunkendess benzos give you. Its defintiely easier to hide.

red face

pin point eyes

raspy voice...

cant keep their eyes open

Also, if someone asks you to cough, its more of a harsh exhalling. Weak opaites are used as cough suppressants, so thats probably why. I actually have quite a lot of fun trying to couhg powerfully on opiates.

Of all the H users I've known, none of them have lied about being high when asked. They just don't care enough to lie about it. I know I don't. Have you tried asking this guy if he uses any substances?

Status
Not open for further replies.