Bluelight

Thread: How would you tell if someone is currently high on heroin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How would you tell if someone is currently high on heroin? 
    Peace
    I'm just curious. I don't do heroin, I'm just wondering what a person acts like when they're on smack. I've read about how it makes you feel + nodding etc. but like if you did some, and then went to go meet with someone or whatever, how would you act? (as in if you're not alone lying in bed or something the whole time ). I met this guy on coke a few weeks ago who had a ton of energy and was acting quite weird and jumping around the whole time, so it was pretty obvious he was on something. I'm wondering if there are any signs like that when on heroin (even though I know they'd be different).

2. Collapse Details

unless quite a high dose, not much to notice, pinned eyes. high dose easy to spot, falling asleep every minute, look so fucking content with everything and dopey.

3. Collapse Details

Yea the pupils are almost always a dead give-away.

4. Collapse Details

Pin-point pupils. Glazed eyes. Slow reflexes.
    Anorexia, lack of apetite, aversion to alcohol.

5. Collapse Details

Besides what's already been stated, I would also say the way they speak. When I'm smacked out, I talk real slow, and it's kind of drawn out. I've also noticed a few other people do it as well.

6. Collapse Details

I get an oral fixation when i'm high. I have to pick at sweets or something. Was wondering if my doc would notice my opiate hangover this morning thank god he didnt!

7. Collapse Details

Theyd probably be scratching their nose a lot if it was insuffalated. Eyes are the best way to tell though

8. Collapse Details

A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    depending on how much you do, you will have droopy eyes.. eyes closing for a second and then jolting awake, recent bruises and track marks on the arms, hands and wrists... slow speach abnd many other syptons... these are the first that come to mind

but if somebody has taken a low amount of H, it shouldnt be visible (to people who are not used to be around people who do heroin on the regular, and can tell the smallest tell tal signes

also pinpointt pupils

9. Collapse Details

Their pupils might be pinned but in my experience the pupil pinning has a much slower onset than the euphoric effects. Flushing of the face, eyes looking glassy or spacey, and at higher doses trouble walking and nodding off may be present. They might refuse to take other drugs that you offer them for fear of an adverse interaction.

10. Collapse Details

people say they get pinned pupils. But i perosnally have NEVER had pinned pupils, infact they get somehwat dilated on high dosages. And this is some veyr high dosages of a range of opites.

Weirdly, almsot anyhting makes my pupils dilate. Something like ket, which dosent typicall dilate the pupils. I can take a dose way less than average and have HUGE pupils. SO that would give me away.

Apart from that, theyd get confused if you asked them difficult questions, theyd have a half stoned happy grin (i always do!) and theyd be very slow to move. And unable to perform complex motor tasks. Also their perosnality would be noticably different.

11. Collapse Details

It gives SMALL pupils, not big pupils faceplant.

12. Collapse Details

Goofy smile, relaxed face, way too fucking happy/carefree.

13. Collapse Details

the eyes are always a dead give away

TINY TINY black spot barely noticable pupils.

big edit: and the itching. o the itching.

14. Collapse Details

Needle
    Pinpoint pupils, that are non-reactive to light change.
    Increased scratching of face/body.
    Slightly delayed reaction time.
    Different mannerisms and ways of acting.
    Tiredness/lethargy
    Nodding off - seeming to have trouble keeping eyes open
    Eye redness comparable to marijuana
    Laboured breathing
    Difficulty urinating
    Constipation

EDIT: I am a bluelighter now! =)

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bone14 View Post
    It gives SMALL pupils, not big pupils faceplant.
    I realise this, but for me personally, anything and everything seems to make my pupils dilate. On a low dose of opaites my pupils dont really change, on a high dose they are noticably bigger. Id be relaly interested if anyone has a reason for this, its really puzzled me.

16. Collapse Details

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's not at all an obvious drug to spot. I do have one last question - when I was on benzos I'd never be able to walk properly, I was always running into walls/my muscles would suddenly give up and I'd almost fall over, and some of the stuff you're describing here sort of sounds like how the benzos would make me (tiredness, slowed breathing, delayed reflexes, droopy eyes, slurred speech...), so would someone on heroin have trouble moving/walking/retaining balance as well or can they just walk normally as if nothing were up?

17. Collapse Details

the difficulkt moving isnt as bad as a high dose of benzos. But I often trip up on opiates. Its more of a slow, lethargic movement, rather than the drunkendess benzos give you. Its defintiely easier to hide.

18. Collapse Details

red face

pin point eyes

raspy voice...

cant keep their eyes open

19. Collapse Details

Also, if someone asks you to cough, its more of a harsh exhalling. Weak opaites are used as cough suppressants, so thats probably why. I actually have quite a lot of fun trying to couhg powerfully on opiates.

20. Collapse Details

Of all the H users I've known, none of them have lied about being high when asked. They just don't care enough to lie about it. I know I don't. Have you tried asking this guy if he uses any substances?

21. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagey View Post
    Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's not at all an obvious drug to spot. I do have one last question - when I was on benzos I'd never be able to walk properly, I was always running into walls/my muscles would suddenly give up and I'd almost fall over, and some of the stuff you're describing here sort of sounds like how the benzos would make me (tiredness, slowed breathing, delayed reflexes, droopy eyes, slurred speech...), so would someone on heroin have trouble moving/walking/retaining balance as well or can they just walk normally as if nothing were up?
    It actually is an obvious drug to spot, as long as you know what to look for. I can tell in the first minute of talking to someone in person if they are on opiates. First I will notice that they are talking more than usual and being very nice, then I will see that their pupils are tiny and glossed over, and then I will notice them scratch their arm, leg, face, or back.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I could tell that I was very high when I'd be talking with someone and I would forget what the topic of the conversation was or what I was going to say evaporate from my brain.

Sometimes this can be attributed to a high THC strain or concentrates from mmj. However the combination of the eyes and my difficulty having a normal conversation was a dead give away to friends and family. Also, I would isolate myself and passively interact when normally I'd be one of the most engaged people at a party or whatever.

23. Collapse Details

With the walking/balance issue, I think a lot of it depends on the dose....

.....Say I do like, .1 of some decent dope, I'm not gonna be super high, I'll be in that "I'm not too low, I'm not too high" stage, where everything is exactly the same as if I were sober. Except that my pupils will be pin-pointed, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Now, if I did say, a half gram, where I know I'm about to be faded as fuck, drooling on myself and shit...it will definitely be obvious. My speech will be slurred, motor functions are all fucked up.. I don't really walk when I move, I just kind of gracefully stumble.

So, like I said, and others have said, a lot of it depends on the dose.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pagey View Post
    Most people can walk just fine while on heroin. Taking a lot can make you sleepy and "nod out", but if they are upright and alert they should generally have no problems walking. The only time I've ever seen someone have any difficulty walking while on heroin was when they were at OD or near-OD levels.

It is definitely not an obvious drug to spot, I hid my heroin use from all sorts of people for years and they were totally shocked when I told them and hadn't suspected a thing. The effects really depend on the quantity the person uses (and the quality) and whether they are new to using or only use occasionally or they are experienced and physically addicted. Many people when they are long-term addicts seem perfectly normal while on heroin and don't really get much effects off it other than feeling normal and good instead of sick and miserable.

Also, all of the "signs" of being on heroin can also be attributed to other things so don't accuse someone of being on dope just because they have small pupils, or are itchy, or are sleepy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Of all the H users I've known, none of them have lied about being high when asked. They just don't care enough to lie about it. I know I don't. Have you tried asking this guy if he uses any substances?
    Maybe to you they were honest (as far as you knew). Heroin users lie about their use all the time! Because of it's legal status, how taboo it is, and how judgmental people can be about it many people feel forced to lie to at least some of the people in their lives about their drug use. It really depends how you ask them, how they think you're going to react, etc.
    Last edited by Swimmingdancer; 10-05-2012 at 03:28.

25. Collapse Details

"High" on opioids? Opioids are great substances that make me normal. I'm normal on opioids. That's all. Get over the "addiction" and "drugs"-propaganda. It's all BS and lies.
    High doses will make you tired and drowsy. That's all. But a person who's had the opportunity to LEARN how to handle opioids won't do that every day - maybe sometimes, but most times people would just take a dose that makes them feel comfortable and healthy.
    Things like tiny pupils don't count, because you don't "act" tiny pupils. It's a reaction of the body.

There is no such thing as "addiction" (besides physical dependence which isn't a disease or a problem, the problem is a non-properly-working brain chemistry which leads to the need of external opioids). There is no "relapse". It's the symptoms gaining new strength and the person remembering how much relief the opioids brought. It's not a brave or honorable fight against the "demon" opioids, but a compulsive act of suppressing the own health. This compulsive behavior results of mind control, programming (propaganda...) through the media and the "education system" (=indoctrination system).

I'd say opium, its alkaloids and their derivates are some of (if not THE) the most important, valuable and precious substances known to man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast