• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does taking mdma with a full stomach decrease the effects?

jobe28

Bluelighter
I searched but there wasn't much for this. I'm just wondering because I had stuff that I think was good (I don't have a tester, but whatever that's not the point), I took it with a full stomach (of chocolate - I was trying the dark chocolate thing lol), and had a really weak roll. My jaw was clenching, my pupils were a bit bigger and I felt really talkative but but less euphoria.

It could've been weaker stuff. Has anyone noticed weaker effects with having a full stomach?

Full stomach will result in a slower onset and a more smooth curve on the peak. So yes, it will weaken your effects and produce a longer and smoother roll.

Not eating for 3 hours is recommended for an optimal MDMA-session. Not more or less, more will result in a catabolic state because of not enough nutritions and low blood sugar levels, less will result in a weakened roll because of the slower onset.

Thanks man. That was a fast reply. I thought so. I felt about 75% less high/euphoric than usual. Does that sound right for dosing on a full stomach?

Food definitely kills rolls ime. It's always been a ritual for us to all get together for a fat ass breakfast before 11 am then eat nothing, only drink juice till we drop that night. It only makes sense that food would absorb some of the drug and pass it through with it instead of your body getting all it can.

Doing like above is bad harm reduction. Going with low extremely low blood sugar levels is catabolic and you will be energy depleted which puts extra stress on your body. 3 hours of fasting is sufficient, eating like a little bird all day is plain stupid.

Drinking milk and/or protein shakes while rolling (it's easy calories and will supply you with nutrients) or after, is also a very good idea.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll just not eat right before doing it.
Drinking milk and/or protein shakes while rolling (it's easy calories and will supply you with nutrients) or after, is also a very good idea.
Any reason for milk/protein?

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll just not eat right before doing it.

Any reason for milk/protein?

Yes, it is easy calories, contains big amounts of protein and milk contains slow-release protein (cassein) so you will supply your muscles with important nutrients for a long period of time. It also contains 5-htp which will be converted to serotonin.

Yes, it is easy calories, contains big amounts of protein and milk contains slow-release protein (cassein) so you will supply your muscles with important nutrients for a long period of time. It also contains 5-htp which will be converted to serotonin.

Technically, it contains L-tryptothan; the precursor to 5-HTP and i've been drinking gallons of it in the past few weeks for my roll tomorrow night!

True that. ^

Watch out, some vegan-fag might come in with whole bullshit story about milk is unhealthy, good you know better than that.

True that. ^

Watch out, some vegan-fag might come in with whole bullshit story about milk is unhealthy, good you know better than that.

If you don't milk a cow it dies. Where is the logic behind not drinking milk? Vegans have some warped views in my eyes but each to their own.

vAkyT.gif

you should eat a good carb filled meal a couple hours before dropping. Your body cannot synthesize serotonin without carbohydrates.

you should eat a good carb filled meal a couple hours before dropping. Your body cannot synthesize serotonin without carbohydrates.

Thats pretty irrelevant anyways since the carbs you eat on the day won't have been converted into serotonin by the time you roll. The process is long and requires time to replenish; hence why 1 month between rolls is suggested. A sustained diet heavy in L-tryptothan (the serotonin related protein in carbs) days and weeks before will however.

carb = brain food. You're gonna want to eat plenty of carbs the day you roll. Rolling makes the brain burn tons of carbs, and last time I waited 6 months to roll, I was on a diet that was too low in carbs, and the roll sucked balls. I rolled a week later on leftover pills from the same batch, after eating an entire bag of potato chips throughout the day, and the roll was amazing. Carbs play a HUGE role in serotonin synthesis, perhaps just as if not MORE important than eating foods with tryptophan.

In fact it's said carbohydrates are responsible for the melatonin production and subsequent sleepiness that comes after thanksgiving dinner. Turkey has a ypical amount of tryptophan, comprable to chicken. But the carbohydrate load from mashed potatoes, yams, pumpkin pie, stuffing etc potentiates the typtophan.

carb = brain food. You're gonna want to eat plenty of carbs the day you roll. Rolling makes the brain burn tons of carbs, and last time I waited 6 months to roll, I was on a diet that was too low in carbs, and the roll sucked balls. I rolled a week later on leftover pills from the same batch, after eating an entire bag of potato chips throughout the day, and the roll was amazing. Carbs play a HUGE role in serotonin synthesis, perhaps just as if not MORE important than eating foods with tryptophan.

In fact it's said carbohydrates are responsible for the melatonin production and subsequent sleepiness that comes after thanksgiving dinner. Turkey has a ypical amount of tryptophan, comprable to chicken. But the carbohydrate load from mashed potatoes, yams, pumpkin pie, stuffing etc potentiates the typtophan.

While I agree that eating carbs the day of rolling is a good idea; it really won't play much part in stimulating any increased acute reactions to the serotonin release mechanism. The carbs are pivitol in energy production so considering MDMA use often accompanies long periods of exercise (dancing) thats why i'd say eating them on the day is particularly useful.

While I agree that eating carbs the day of rolling is a good idea; it really won't play much part in stimulating any increased acute reactions to the serotonin release mechanism. The carbs are pivitol in energy production so considering MDMA use often accompanies long periods of exercise (dancing) thats why i'd say eating them on the day is particularly useful.
Do you know what source of energy the brain relies on for all it's chemical reactions to take place?

read this

Richard Wurtman, the Cecil H. Green Distinguished Professor at MIT and the director of the Clinical Research Center, along with former graduate student John Fernstrom, discovered that the brain makes serotonin only after a person consumes sweet or starchy carbohydrates. But the kicker is that these carbohydrates must be eaten in combination with very little or no protein, the Wurtmans' combined research determined.

That would fully support why when I drank lots of milk and rolled after a 6 month break, it sucked balls, and then a week later, same pills after eating potato chips all day long, BAM

Last edited:
Do you know what source of energy the brain relies on for all it's chemical reactions to take place?

read this

Yes I get that and the protein within carbohydrates - L-Tryptothan - is responsible for the production of serotonin. However, unless i'm mistaken, the carbohydrate you've eaten the day of rolling will not impact the brain's serotonin as the L-tryptothan > 5HTP > Serotonin metabolism takes alot of time; more than simply a few hours in a day. This is why time between rolls is so important. Effectively the serotonin availability will already be pre-determined by the day of the roll; hence why we pre-load.

Please do correct me if i'm wrong though!

Yes I get that and the protein within carbohydrates - L-Tryptothan - is responsible for the production of serotonin. However, unless i'm mistaken, the carbohydrate you've eaten the day of rolling will not impact the brain's serotonin as the L-tryptothan > 5HTP > Serotonin metabolism takes alot of time; more than simply a few hours in a day. This is why time between rolls is so important. Effectively the serotonin availability will already be pre-determined by the day of the roll; hence why we pre-load.

Please do correct me if i'm wrong though!

But the kicker is that these carbohydrates must be eaten in combination with very little or no protein, the Wurtmans' combined research determined.

From all my research it has more to do with timing. Apparently the tryptophan is converted into 5HTP in the liver, which when carbs are eaten turns it into serotonin.

In other words it's best to eat a nice big milky breakfast and then eat lots of carbs throughout the day.

Or just eat beans:

Beans
Most all beans are an excellent source of L-tryptophan, with soybeans topping the list with 370mg in 1 cooked cup. Other beans, with approximately half that amount in the same size serving, are kidney beans, black beans, split peas, navy beans, pinto beans, green beans, garbanzo beans and lentils. The advantage to using beans as an L-tryptophan source is that it is easier for the body to absorb tryptophan from carbohydrates as opposed to proteins, according to "Nutritional Supplements Health Guide."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/85980-foods-l-tryptophan/#ixzz1u2zIuUGr