• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone - how long before taking other opioids

Status
Not open for further replies.

downisthenewup

Greenlighter
Recently been put on 12mgs of sublingual suboxone (1 1/2 8mg stripes a day). Have only taken it for 2 days now. How long should I wait from my last dose before I can finish my dope stash? I'm not looking to do an extreem amount to get through the bup wall cause that will most likely cause an OD. Please don't answer if u don't know for sure.

Buprenorphine has a high affinity for your opiate receptors. You'll need to wait 24-36 hours after your last sub dose to fully feel dope again. Best bet is to wait until you're in mild withdrawal to avoid wasting any of your stash. Good luck.

^ You probably won't feel the dope fully even after waiting that amount of time. Usually after 48 hours I can feel it pretty good, but I need to wait 72 hours to really completely feel the dope. Everyone is different though, so best to wait until in withdrawal before you dose.

In my experience I have to wait until I am in withdrawals to take opiates after sub and feel it. After 48hrs with no sub, I feel I am getting 60-70% of my high. After 72hrs its closer to 90% for me, so I wait around 72hrs to get the most effect. So I would highly recommend waiting 72hrs, if you can't then 48hrs should be okay, you just may need to dose a little higher. I have taken suboxone then shot dope 12-14hrs later and I had to take about 3x my normal dose to get about 75% of the effects I normally get..

Recently been put on 12mgs of sublingual suboxone (1 1/2 8mg stripes a day). Have only taken it for 2 days now. How long should I wait from my last dose before I can finish my dope stash? I'm not looking to do an extreem amount to get through the bup wall cause that will most likely cause an OD. Please don't answer if u don't know for sure.

i know its been a month so you found an answer by now or tried it anyways but i've done it at all intervals...from 3 hours after bupe to 3 days...and let me tell ya...it for sure gets stronger each day you wait...but ATLEAST wait 24 hours or your gonna be pissed feeling like you wasted your dope...and i know its not the best idea but many people IV suboxone...i know, i know...the naltrexone myth...but it will not affect you iv'd unless you do 8 mg. i've i'vd subs for a very long time...it's of course pointless to iv 8mg anyways considering the cieling affect can be felt at 1-2 mg. just never, never, never IV a sub within 24 hours of your last dope shot or you will have the worst WD of your life...it's happened to me twice...once intentionally not thinking it was gonna happen and another time thinking i'd waited long enough

Honestly dude, I've done 4mg of subs the night before, then 2mg the morning of, then shot a good 3 or 4 bag of dope and gotten a nod off of it. To me the suboxone blocks most of the euphoria and head high, but as soon as I shoot the dope I get that pain relief in my lower back and the nod.

In mild withdrawals are the best time. IMO

agreed...when you start feeling the wd's its safe to go ahead and use suboxone sublingually. if your one of those that iv subs despite all the horror stories you need to wait atleast 24-48 hours after your last opiate

not true about still not feeling full effects after 48-72hrs. i been on suboxone for 5 years now, i take roughly 16mg a day, if that. the next day when i feel the withdrawl start, than take an opiate i feel the full effect. yes, the next day when i feel sick, i can take opiates and enjoy it. the only opioids that i cant get full effect from even after 72hrs is OXYCODONE/OXYMORPHONE/HYDROCODONE

^ it varies from person to person (and depends on dose/duration of Suboxone too) - some people are okay after 24 hours, some need to wait >72 hours until they can feel the full effects of a full opioid agonist.

not true about still not feeling full effects after 48-72hrs. i been on suboxone for 5 years now, i take roughly 16mg a day, if that. the next day when i feel the withdrawl start, than take an opiate i feel the full effect. yes, the next day when i feel sick, i can take opiates and enjoy it. the only opioids that i cant get full effect from even after 72hrs is OXYCODONE/OXYMORPHONE/HYDROCODONE

you named the 3 most common, favored opiates that you wouldnt be able to feel til 72 hours besides hydropmorph...what else is really common that you use and feel after only 24 hours? im not arguing, im actually curious. i think its a pretty common consensus that morphine sucks but maybe your thinking about hydromorph, or fentanyl. thats the only other 2 fun ones i can really think of. you still have demerol and codein but woopee. i cant imagine how much of those would be needed for a good buzz.

but being that you did name oxymorph im pretty sure hydromorph probably would be on your list of ones that you need to wait for as well. honestly...even with smack i dont get the full affects after only 24 hours...i do feel it slightly but it quickly goes away. does seem to help with pain though

i feel full effects from ONLY morphine, heroin, and methadone if i go 24-36hrs without suboxone

When i take 8MG Subs I usually wait 24 hours...I dont get the full effect and u have to use more to feel a high. 12MG is a heavy dose, you'll probaby have to wait 36 hours.

I always keep a few subs in case theres a drought in the city...but i haven't had to se a sub in months, thank god. When I do use one, i only take 2MG so i can get high by the evening.

i just hate abusing opiates and than only using suboxone just for back up to use "withdrawl free" when i run out of heroin, i can fall on the sub and not go thru the hell WDs, but even STILL when i take the sub after binging, i still feel some sort of withdrawl/mental shitty feeling, yeah im not like in heroin withdrawl, but it puts mei n a mental depressed state mood. so i just only take suboxone now, once in awhile i will take heroin/morphine the next day not taking a sub, then switch back, but i try not to..IDK does anyone get what im saying?

As others have said, it might take up to 72 hours. In my personal experience, I've found re-dosing my opiates after bupe tends to give me the effect I am looking for. Perhaps it is the full agonist at a second dose helps fully vacate the subs from the opioid receptors. I am not sure. All I know is if I dose twice in a day after bupe that the second dose is the one that can most be felt.

i mean if i took a 8mg sub tonight, and were to do heroin tomorrow anytime like before 5pm, i would expect decreased effects..idk i usually feel full effects of them when i go 24hrs, except any hydrocodone/h-morphone/oxycodone/o-morphone, they just dont do shit 4 me anymore due to the suboxone i know for a fact with the tolerance it raises/clogging receptors..idk people

I am currently on 8 mg of subs. been on for about 7 months. when can I high from oxycodone?

wow! thats crazy. I miss the buzz. lol what kind of effect did u receive

Status
Not open for further replies.