• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

avoiding the taste of kratom

invisigone

Greenlighter
for the last couple of days i have been using kratom to combat withdrawals. it works great, the only drawback is the taste (it tastes like eating lucifer's boxer shorts after he had a good session in hell's gym)

the method i've been using is to get a slice of bread, compress it with the palm of the hand until it's like a piece of sheet pasta, put the kratom in and fold the bread like a piece of ravioli, then put some water in my mouth, drop it in and swallow.

there is no taste whatsoever and the bread breaks up quickly (similar to a speed bomb)

anyone else got any methods for flavor reduction?

A modified Toss n Wash works best for me. Get a small mouthful of water to insulate your taste buds from the taste, get a small amount of Kratom (0.4g at a time), spoon it in and swish, mixing the water with the Kratom, and swallow confidently.

Quick, easy, tasteless, and consistent compared to making tea.

Peanut butter and nutella sandwich
put it in capsules yourself (00 would be good)

or teach your taste buds to like it (positive reinforcement)

(good luck with the last one!)

"it tastes like eating lucifer's boxer shorts after he had a good session in hell's gym"

LoL...

I used applesauce..original? No.
But I must get my daily fruit & vegetable intake.
I didn't use kratom long at all..
but it's worth a shot.

I had liquid hydrocodone for awhile..
first day..uggghhh..yuck..

But boy did I learn to love that taste...
Maybe you'll be able to do the same...

ahhh...memory lane..

~token

Mmmm, liquid hydrocodone... I don't like APAP though; doesn't do anything for me.. but I digress.

The applesauce idea is a good one - add some cinnamon to it to further mask the taste. Get the unsweetened stuff and add your own; the sweetened apple sauce is absurd!

^Yes, watch out for increased sugar intake with all these Kratom recipes. Some people have gained massive amounts of weight by drinking a glass of OJ with each Kratom dose for potentiation/taste.

^Yes, watch out for increased sugar intake with all these Kratom recipes. Some people have gained massive amounts of weight by drinking a glass of OJ with each Kratom dose for potentiation/taste.

Agreed..
although, my few kratom experiences were during w/d periods..
during which my small cup of green applesauce..would be my only
caloric intake...so luckily that didn't happen to me.
Never used kratom more that 5 days in a row, I believe...
I suppose w/d is not a good way to diet..
though I feel I've lost a couple lbs. over the last couple days.
No opiates = no appetite IME.

Hello protein shakes...

"Mmmm, liquid hydrocodone..."
PJ...'twas dreamy...;)

<3token

Last edited:
I prefer toss n wash when I'm pressed for time, it's quick and painless. I also will do the applesauce if I've been doing it a lot and the taste is making me gag....unsweetened with about a teaspoon of sugar. I've also thrown it into the blender w/ some oj and things to make a kratom smoothie, didn't really like that method. I really prefer to get the drugs in quickly, so for me toss n wash is best, I just grin and bear it.

I would make a habit of putting it in gel caps while watching a movie or something. Capping kratom for the length of a 1.5h - 2h movie gave me more than enough to dose for several weeks (occasional user).

I don't understand why the taste bothers so many people. Its not my breakfast favorite in a list of best tastes but its really not bad whatsoever ... two entirely different tastes but its no worse then the drip from smack, in fact if the smack is scramble that's waaay worse even

Seems as though taste is subjective.

That's all I had to say.

Good talk.

:)token

^Yup, random threads ftw, so much better than boring dosage questions

I find the taste to be like a bitter green tea, especially during the Kratom burp as it's digesting. I like the taste of tea, so I'm not complaining :D