• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-EMC (4-ethylmethcathinone)

Farfath666

Greenlighter
Have gotten very, very mild effects even in doses reaching 500mg (consumed over the course of an hour). For this reason, I would say this is the worst cathinone I've yet to try, and probably the last.

Anyone else had this happen with 4-EMC?

Last edited:
I like it much better than 4-MEC and find it similar to, though weaker than, 4-MMC. Gets my pupils dilated quite nicely. Could use more stimulation IMO, but the empathy is definitely there.

Farfath666, could you give us some more information on this RC? It's not one I've come across before, it'd be nice to find out exactly what it is and what it purportedly does.

Its supposed to be a cleaner 4-mmc. I have heard nothing more than good reviews and that some Prefer its gentler push to mmc. Its been out there in the "rc scene" for about a year and a half? Maybe longer? Its not a new chemical I thought there was a bigger thread on this one? Anyway Albion, Its better than 4-MEC, supposed to be less caustic, Than both meph and mec. Its effects are said to be better to some a little less or on par to meph. Thats about it.

^^meh too bad this thread is closed for some reason?? I was going to ask about this one; b/c i am getting conflicting opinions on 4-MEC.. I'm looking for something minor; an aide for work basically. I was never a huge stimulants fan- i find methamphetamine way too stimulating; amphetamine is a no go due to regular UAs... (i'm on bupe opioid maintenance; opiates were my drug(s) of choice.. i was always able to take or leave stimulants.. always).

Haven't used stimulants (or any other drug other than very occasional cannabis use) for 5 years; so i'm pretty much back to stimulant naive status. Never touched cathinones, either. But when i was using stimulants off & on.. my tolerance was ~40-60mg of amphetamine (1:4 ratio of d- to l- isomer.. doesn't take a genius to figure out what pharmaceutical that is)

I posted over in the 4-MEC thread; & it seems hit or miss... (both of these are w/in my grasp, if needed; which is why i'm asking 8) ) a lot of people don't care for it..at least stimulant fans don't. But again, i'm not looking for anything too pushy- NOR too empathogenic, or stoned/fucked up feeling. Seriously, just a off/on work aide when needed since caffeine has stopped doing its job.

Any suggestions on this substance? particularly from non-regular users (or just anyone if there's a lack of reply)? Any use as a mild focusing agent & pick-me-up? I'm also on trazadone, i suppose i'd have to stop that the day prior, or two days prior (100mg/night) to get anything IF i make the plunge?

Last edited:
as someone who also didin't use stimulants for over 5 years once until he discovered cathinones such as (and including) this one I will give you the following suggestion: stay away from this stuff if you're not interested in becoming anything other than an RC junky, for these substances have no other use than to be recreational fuckarounds to waste your time with. 4-EMC is probably the next best stimulant RC out there after methylone, 4-MMC and 3-MMC from what I've tried in terms of good honest euphoria that lasts about an hour if you're lucky (name ONE other than 5/6-APB, seriously), but a mild focusing agent/pick me up it is not. whoever started this thread either had some ersatz 4-EMC or else weird brain chemistry because 500mg would get most people pretty twacked; this is not something even remotely similar to adderall or ritalin or anything with therapeutic value, it is a recreational drug, and from what I can tell these days it is also becoming pretty rare as most countries have banned all cathinones and no one wants to fuck around for something as pointless as this. That being said it is a far sight better than 4-MEC as one poster had already mentioned.

Thanks for your response, llamer; yea, both cathinone and methcathinone have been controlled for some time here; but not a single person has been prosecuted (that i'm aware of) under our analog laws on the federal level for personal use (analogs would include these cathinones we're speaking of). However, many states have explicit laws outlawing these substances, starting w/ mephedrone (including my state; but not so w/ 4-MEC & 3-EMC) since they were blatantly sold as "bath salts"--similar to MDMA's commercial history.

I once was a RC-"junky" back prior to operations "web trypt" I and II by the DEA... but back then only tryptamines & phenethylamine psychedelics were offered. I'm now just dipping my toes in the water as i've sampled something else (not a stimulant, psychedelic, nor opioidergic)... really don't intend on being an RC junky, though. But, its a shame i can't find anything from legit vendors that are clean stimulants.. as i've NEVER been a fan of MDMA, MDx type substances - to ME? they've always been kinda like TRIPPING.. but ehhh not really; or kind of stimulative, but ehh, not really.. just blah! Never was a fan i suppose? But who knows what was actually in all those different "brands" of pills back then :|

Oh well, we'll see... if i decide to plunge, i'll post here.. (&, oh by the way, both 5/6-APB aren't scheduled here, but, there aren't any vendors that i'm willing to trust I can find out there.)

Last edited:
Not to mention i just saw on the news (BBC world) that a ban on khat is being pushed through UK's parliament! 8) ...seeing as UK has tough analog laws AFAIK, i'd imagine a lot of these cathinone RC's will dry up shortly... even if one's source isn't UK based.

Go figure.. as if prohibition has EVER worked? :p

Thanks for your response, llamer; yea, both cathinone and methcathinone have been controlled for some time here; but not a single person has been prosecuted (that i'm aware of) under our analog laws on the federal level for personal use (analogs would include these cathinones we're speaking of). However, many states have explicit laws outlawing these substances, starting w/ mephedrone (including my state; but not so w/ 4-MEC & 3-EMC) since they were blatantly sold as "bath salts"--similar to MDMA's commercial history.

I once was a RC-"junky" back prior to operations "web trypt" I and II by the DEA... but back then only tryptamines & phenethylamine psychedelics were offered. I'm now just dipping my toes in the water as i've sampled something else (not a stimulant, psychedelic, nor opioidergic)... really don't intend on being an RC junky, though. But, its a shame i can't find anything from legit vendors that are clean stimulants.. as i've NEVER been a fan of MDMA, MDx type substances - to ME? they've always been kinda like TRIPPING.. but ehhh not really; or kind of stimulative, but ehh, not really.. just blah! Never was a fan i suppose? But who knows what was actually in all those different "brands" of pills back then :|

Oh well, we'll see... if i decide to plunge, i'll post here.. (&, oh by the way, both 5/6-APB aren't scheduled here, but, there aren't any vendors that i'm willing to trust I can find out there.)

You never had good quality MDMA then. Only bad quality stuff is comparable to tripping.

Also 3-FMC was sold in bath salts, not 3-EMC

But then again you never really know all the crap they were putting in there. But i did a lot of research on it because I was desperate to find out what they put in those Rave on and White Lightning brand bath salts. Both has the same, insane high....was the best rush ever. I know it was a mixture of something, definitely wasnt pure MDPV, it was much more powerful high than that. You'd stay up 3 days and not be able to eat anything, on the smallest little bit. Only drawback was the comedown was horrendous.

Imagine a bad MDMA comedown- This was 100x worse than that.

I ordered 4-mmc after China ban and was reassured by employee of vendor it was no problem.I received product in the form of large crystals that resembled rock salt.Started w/ingestion:no numbness,just a salty chemical taste.no change from baseline.Did a little more, nothing.Next I did a line up the nose...& damn..felt like red hot nails..tears poured from my eyes.Waited 15 min.with zero change.Did another w/same results.I then vaped some off foil.It tasted like poison,felt caustic and damage inducing,stealing my ability to breath normally for a min.or two.Well I'll spare you my continued attempts of desperation to achieve success.This substance was 100% non-active.Contacted vendor w/results and spoke w/owner. He stated that I had received 4-EMC and it's not as active as 4-mmc.He went on to say that because of the China ban they only supply the banned chems.in bulk,100g and up.You can trust us,i want your return business and share about our service w/others.Im like WTF,ill share your deceptive business practice.So As I mentioned above I informed him re: vendor employ.reassuring me 4-mmc was no problem and told him I would honor an acceptable resolution and what transpires will determine informing fellow researchers about a trusted vendor or a deceptive untrusted scamming vendor.(not in this forum though.)I did not reagent test substance,but I have read others having same experience.I'm guessing people achieving active results actually have a different substance,just my opinion.I'm currently waiting for vendor response.This is my first post so please forgive me for any lack of terminology and inform me of anything I effed up on or did incorrectly.Sincerely.

Last edited: