• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does chewing a fentanyl patch take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 90+% BA for TD fent. Reading that makes it clear to me misusing a patch bucally would be a rather large waste of drugs. The thing is using the patch as it is prescribed with a low tolerance can also be deadly. Many times someone will not feel the effects and may fall asleep with the patch on. The medication starts working while they are asleep. To compound the issue they may roll on their side warming the patch up and further increasing the release of medication.

Don't fall asleep with the patch on until you are familiar with the effects. It can take over 6 hours to start feeling the drug kick in when used as prescribed.

Wow 90+% BA for TD fent. Reading that makes it clear to me misusing a patch bucally would be a rather large waste of drugs. The thing is using the patch as it is prescribed with a low tolerance can also be deadly. Many times someone will not feel the effects and may fall asleep with the patch on. The medication starts working while they are asleep. To compound the issue they may roll on their side warming the patch up and further increasing the release of medication.

Don't fall asleep with the patch on until you are familiar with the effects. It can take over 6 hours to start feeling the drug kick in when used as prescribed.

QFT
Fentanyl is really powerful and some people died because the fentanyl wasn't distributed homogeneous/took a shower with the patch

I can't believe people are saying fentanyl isn't euphoric... I was addicted to Fenanyl and Oxycodone for almost two years, but would also take Vicodin and percocets and chewing fentanyl was by far the most euphoric for me. Do note, ONLY use if you have a high tolerance. It's extremely dangerous and can very easily kill you if you're new to opiates or you're not careful. I'm only 20 years old and about 90 lbs so rememebr when in describing doses that I'm very small... These doses are still high for anyone though.
I would cut a small strip(about 1/9th) off of a 50mcg patch and chew on it for about 10 minutes- then leave it in my mouth for about another 15 just to be sure I wasn't wasting anything. I would feel affects after about 5 minutes and they'd be strong for about an hour. They would wear off pretty quickly after that, so I would chew a piece about about 4-5 hours. I would also take sparing doses of oxycodone in between... Sometimes I'd crush & snort 2 10mg tabs or so... I didn't like the oxy as much but it helped me sleep when The fentanyl started to wear off. Anyways, while I do miss the feeling of being high and so completely euphoric and relaxed on opiates, I've been strictly taking my prescribed dose of suboxone and absolutely no other opiates for the past 8 months and it's been so much better and less stressful... Suboxone will likely be permanent for me as I need something for pain so my doctor is prepared to keep me on my dose now(8 mg 3x/day) until I either don't need it or want to stop it. It helps with the cravings and it still has light opiate effects.. It's just that I don't need to abuse it or take it more often than im supposed to Iike I did in the past.
*also for the people saying to put it on the inside of your cheek because chewing doesn't work/wastes the meds... Maybe it's different for everyone but I always chewed my patches aside from maybe twice when I tried it on the inside of my cheek and I found it worked much better when chewed...*
Goodluck and don't get hooked!

Last edited:
50mg patch
They do not make a 50mg fentanyl patch.. I think you meant 50(MCG), lol 50mg would kill a herd of horses.

I agree with you about the euphoria though, but I think the posters were refering to transdermal euphoria vs buccal..

My bad! Like I said it's been a while since I've had them so I guess I forgot the proper dosage termonology lol corrected though! *

^ All good! Thanks for editing, Welcome to Bluelight bu the way! =]

Thank you! I've read the forms for a while and got a lot of help here so thought it was about time I joined and maybe returned the favor lol

I love the high from chewing and it lasts about eight to twelve hours. So for 30 bucks Istay high all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.