Bluelight

Thread: How long does chewing a fentanyl patch take?

1. Collapse Details
    How long does chewing a fentanyl patch take? 
    I am new here, so I'll make my first thread short and sweet... How long does it take to get all the fentanyl from a patch when you start to chew it? How long do you normally keep it in your mouth? I know an opiate user, who is still just beginning to realize how versatile the patch really is

2. Collapse Details

Make sure you have a good tolerance to chew and mess with fent. were not here to help you get high. For HR I would use the patch as directed, transdermally.

3. Collapse Details

My friend has a high tolerance, has been a user for years.. She just only began chewing them in the past five months. But she is Just curious about other people's preferences.

4. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Hey, we don't use SWIM, or "my friend", no variants whatsoever here on bluelight.

Read the BLUA and OD guidelines, both in my signature.

Do not chew fentanyl patches, they are best worn transdermally only by the most opioid tolerant users.

5. Collapse Details

My bad.. Good to know. I obviously know its not good for me..
    I know there is other posts about chewing them. I just wanted to know how long people leave then in their mouth, or how long it takes to get all the fentanyl out if I were to chew it.

6. Collapse Details

Lurking around the corner of your nearest methadone clinic
    Yes, buccal fentanyl actually has a much lower BA than transdermal, and IMO, absorbing a ton of fentanyl all at once is not worth the risk for a short lived, cold high.

7. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    Fentanyl has a transdermal BA of 92% IIRC, that's as good as you're going to get. Don't abuse the patch.

It's not worth it, no euphoria, pure sedation, like there's a city bus on your chest.

8. Collapse Details

Most people don't really seem to enjoy fent but I actually really like it. Don't mess with it unless your tolerance is really, really high.

I would chew on the patch (or part of the patch) for a solid 5 minutes or so nonstop, then I would just leave it in my mouth, moving it around with my tongue for as long as I could stand it. Sometimes I'd have the patch in my mouth for hours. Granted, the drug is probably all gone after 30 minutes, but I kinda liked the patch. It was like indestructible gum haha.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GABAking View Post
    Most people don't really seem to enjoy fent but I actually really like it. Don't mess with it unless your tolerance is really, really high.

I would chew on the patch (or part of the patch) for a solid 5 minutes or so nonstop, then I would just leave it in my mouth, moving it around with my tongue for as long as I could stand it. Sometimes I'd have the patch in my mouth for hours. Granted, the drug is probably all gone after 30 minutes, but I kinda liked the patch. It was like indestructible gum haha.

Cool, thanks for the honest reply. It is comforting to know i am not the only one. i am interested to knowing how long it actually takes to come out of the patch (do you know 30 mins for sure?) because i often can keep mine in for hours as well... as long as there is a taste to it.

10. Collapse Details

I searched for the thread in which I read the 30 minute number but can't find it. It's very possible that I am way off on that number, or I'm dead on. Sorry for not being much help :/

But like you, I just don't mind keeping it in there for a long, long time so as long as you don't risk ODing or something of the sort, I don't see any harm in keeping it in there

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzbee View Post
    My friend has a high tolerance, has been a user for years.. She just only began chewing them in the past five months. But she is Just curious about other people's preferences.
    If chewing is a new ROA, keep in mind that some of the usual pre-drug cues will be absent, which will actually reduce tolerance.