• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Powerful, Dangerous Drug May Be Linked To Murder Case (DMT)

Bluelight Crew
(Memphis) A friend of a man accused of stabbing his mother to death reports the alleged stabber, may have been on a hallucinogenic, called, ‘Psychedelic DMT’.

Twenty-two year-old William Walsh remains in jail, charged with stabbing his mother to death at their home over the weekend. DMT is a very expensive illegal drug, hard to find on the streets.

“You shouldnt take anything you wont be able to control,” said Brian Chambers with the Memphis Division of the US Drug Enforcement Agency.

According to Chambers, Psychedelic DMT is such a powerful drug, it drives people under the influence to do things they wouldn’t normally do.

“They start hearing things, they get paranoid, they start seeing things that aren’t there.” expressed Chambers.

Powerful, vivid hallucinations aren’t the only side effects.

The crystal that’s crushed and then, snorted, smoked or shot up, can cause users to become short of breath, pass out, even die.

Right now, the Memphis DEA is not seeing much of it in the area, but Chambers says it’s mostly used by college students, ordering it from shady internet sites.

“The high lasts about 30 to 45 minutes they call it the businessman drug because of how short the high lasts,” said Chambers.

The high may not last long, but the impacts of it do.

Chambers suggests if you know someone using the drug, to get help and call law enforcement right away, ”They can come and defuse the situation, especially a hallucinogen because they’re very paranoid, very nervous and agitated.”

http://wreg.com/2012/04/24/powerful-dangerous-drug-maybe-linked-to-murder-case/

What a dumb, sensationalist, piece of shit article. Almost everything it says about DMT is 100% false.

Does enybody tell them that people carrying this dangerous drug in they brains? Everybody possesed it.

To overdose would be taking way more than one can afford or even find in an area. Well thats my understanding.

This article is such bullshit, they should be blaming the person who used it irresponsibly. Obviously he wasn't prepared for such an experience and endangered those around him through HIS behavior.
HE was the one to find the drug, and probably didnt do much research into what it did.

As a side comment, I LOVE how the DEA said to call the police if someone is using hallucinogenss, so they can come and calm them down........................the only thing they are gonna do is make the person freak out even more and think something is seriously wrong.
i think the DEA should have a mandatory IQ test, alot of them would fail.

A lot of them would fail.

The police/DEA have no idea how to deal with people on psychedelics.

Do the people that write these articles ever do any actual research about psychedelics beyond what the cops tell them?

the reporter's getting clobbered in the comments

This article is such bullshit, they should be blaming the person who used it irresponsibly. Obviously he wasn't prepared for such an experience and endangered those around him through HIS behavior.
HE was the one to find the drug, and probably didnt do much research into what it did.

As a side comment, I LOVE how the DEA said to call the police if someone is using hallucinogenss, so they can come and calm them down........................the only thing they are gonna do is make the person freak out even more and think something is seriously wrong.

This is exactly what i was thinking but im to fucked arp to type her clearly. you really gotta do your research if you plan on trying heavy shit like that for the first time.

never heard of ppl getting violent on DMT. maybe PCP. but dont blame the drug, the person did the act. might as well blame a knife or gun.

Can you even move around when your tripping on DMT?

Sometimes the cops will say it's drug induced so they can't use an insanity defense, even if they never did drugs or haven't done them for a while. I think a lot of states don't allow insanity pleas if it's from intoxication or after effects from drugs/alcohol/inhalants. DMT would be the perfect drug to blame because there's no common tests and it's out of your system so quick they don't have to explain why they found nothing.

So is the only evidence they are using to blame it on dmt the fact he had been using it. A very large number of people drink alcohol but not every murderer that also happens to drink gets it blamed on the booze.

yea lol I really don't see how some one getting tazed, tackled, cuffed, and having the fear of their entire future being ruined by a criminal record is going to help them calm down; more like multiply their axiety times 1000.It would make allot more sence to call the paramedics although the person probly wont need them and allot may not have much knowlege on psychedelics there will be almost no chance of the person geting asaulted unlike with the cops were the chances would be very high. I find it sad and sickening that the people in charge of enforcing drug laws lack even the most basic knowelge on them. The DEA is a joke that need to be dismatled.

Last edited:
I didn't think it would physically be possible to stab someone to death whilst tripping on DMT.

People have been getting High on DMT, Mushrooms, Cactus, Marijuana, Alcohol & Tobacco for Million of years and will continue to do so. People have a right to ingest what they want to into there own damn bodies & no one should tell them what is okay, what is not okay and what is okay under certain circumstances

they said "may be" as in "maybe" as in "dumbass fucking cunt slither media cunts and their bitch blunt skank parents don't understand drugs or chemistry for weasel shit"

This reminds me of that story about the kid who murdered his parents in Florida I believe, and it was blamed on ecstasy. If DMT was responsible for this murder then... Spoons are responsible for making Rosie O'donnell fat, pencils are responsible for misspelling words, Keltech is responsible for the death of Trayvon Martin, and Columbia is responsible for Charlie Sheen's winning streak.. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
^ That last one made me lol, good work!

I Went into my first DMT experience unprepared, with little knowledge. And you know what I did? I Tripped balls and learnt a very important lesson. I Didn't even come close to stabbing anybody. Seriously wtf?

people jump off bridges, we shouldnt have bridges.
ever fall off a trampoline? FUCK THAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE!
every hit someone with a baseball? well now you cant have baseballs.
I hope i dont offend anyone, but didnt we have some planes stolen used and for mass murder about a decade ago?
WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL FLYING PLANES!?!??!
AND DONT EVEN START ABOUT PAINTBALL GUNS!

yea lol I really don't see how some one getting tazed, tackled, cuffed, and having the fear of their entire future being ruined by a criminal record is going to help them calm down; more like multiply their axiety times 1000.It would make allot more sence to call the paramedics although the person probly wont need them and allot may not have much knowlege on psychedelics there will be almost no chance of the person geting asaulted unlike with the cops were the chances would be very high. I find it sad and sickening that the people in charge of enforcing drug laws lack even the most basic knowelge on them. The DEA is a joke that need to be dismatled.

Wait a minute guys, the DEA are just looking out for us, they allow the "safe" drugs to be legal and available for us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX31t2PNL-M
oh................actually i take that back.........................

anyone convinced the "legal high" industry is just a ploy to scare the youngin's away from illicit drugs? I never would have tried salvia if i hadnt run out of weed one day when i was 14.
i know everyone has the thought "well its legal, so how bad can it be?"
Law doesnt really protect anyone anymore.

Last edited: