• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a true fan means caring about whether your team wins or loses and watching them play when you can. Knowing stats/unimportant players isnt necessary IMO, that is for the hardcore fans.

So I was at work today (I am a part time cashier). I was checking this ladys ID and I noticed her last name was Carel Luck. I mentioned that she had the same name as Andrew Luck and she told me she was his aunt. I thought it was pretty cool.

Last edited:
a friend of mine said that Cleveland Browns fans were the best in the NFL

initially, I laughed him off. but he had a point in saying that the Browns fucking suck, and have fucking sucked for a long, long time

despite their team and their perpetual fucking sucking, Browns fans come out hard in regarding to attendance and brand-loyalty. this means something, imo...
i think this kind of thing is definitely a big part of it.

alasdair

true fans are stupid. Take that talk over to SLR and make it about a guy named Mr. Brown who lives in cleveland, and they'll tell you to dumb his shitty ass. If players are dogging it, or if an owner is trying to extort money from the city or he'll move his team to LA, or if the front office constantly blows draft picks, fucking punish your team.

I feel ya, but I think you are being a bit unrealistic and far too idealistic. what could the common fan possibly do to dent the deep pockets of the Italian Don-like Fraternity ofNFL Owners? decline to update the payment plan on your annual season tickets to all of your team's home games? even in Cleveland, some other poor SOB would jump right in line to take a break from his shitty 9-to-5 at the Cleveland Clinic for them seats. whether or not said jobber is would be wearing a brown paper bag over his head, notwithstanding ;)

this isn't quite the same as a 16 year old writing to his/her local congress-person and protesting some banal local law - but hell, at least said congress-person would have the chagrin to mail back some bullshit letter with an official City of Cleveland letter head, no doubt

Suggs out for the season after tearing his Achilles. What a horrible injury. Pass rush was already weak enough even with Suggs starting. Im sickened. Hope he gets back to his best

^ yeah, that is horrible news about T-Sizzle for you Ravens fans :( I would never, EVER wish an injury on any NFL player no matter how heated my rival, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm sure Big Ben is relieved of this news... he has made a career out of chasing that QB down

the Steelers drafted very well again. it's about time we picked up some Grunts on the O-Line. tOSU's Mike Adams in the Second Round was quite the... steel ;)

Adams_Mike_1.jpg

what a beautiful thang

^ I see what you did there

Trent Richardson got a bad division to come into. If he does good against the Ravens and Steelers he is legit

Also BenJarvus Green-Ellis has played 4 years in the NFL and has yet to fumble the ball.

Lets see how long that record holds up playing for the Bengals.

Also BenJarvus Green-Ellis has played 4 years in the NFL and has yet to fumble the ball.

Lets see how long that record holds up playing for the Bengals.

hahahaha. I like your style, man. and yeah you're right, it's the Bungles, but I will say that I think I'm going to be ooh-ed and ahh-ed by the firework-esque combination of Andy Dalton-to-AJ Green

we all know that a good air attack opens up the ground game

sidebar: I am SO HAPPY to see how many defensive players were lauded and picked up in this year's NFL Draft. that's a slap in the face to Commi$$ioner Roger Goodell. despite all of his efforts to emasculate pro-football and to eradicate defense, the NFL teams ain't listenin' :)

^ axl, I think that it was you that mentioned that everybody enjoys watching the Steelers play the Ravens, which I agree with. Ray Rice is from just north of the city, and my friend watches the games at a place I will not mention due to privacy reasons, and Ray Rices mom + family watches games there too, and is really cool from what I have been told. I'm surprised that she doesn't go to more home games though. I've made it to Baltimore in a little over 3 hours (and my friend has made the trip at least 20x and 3.5 hours is average), and they could probably make it there in under 3 hours despite being north of NYC because they can avoid city traffic by going around it, whereas I have no choice but to go through it.

^ yeah dude and Ray "Rutgers" Rice finally had a good game against Pitt last year, and absolutely shredded him in one game. as much as I hate him, he is damn talented. I remember watching him just carry those shitty Rutgers teams...

Trent Richardson got a bad division to come into. If he does good against the Ravens and Steelers he is legit

good point. sadly RBs don't have a very long shelf-life in the AFC North. shit, my Steelers ran over the career of "Fast" Willie Parker...

and getting hit by a team like the Ravens twice a year is just bad for your over all health...

just look at Texas University's own... COLT MCCOY

^ yeah dude and Ray "Rutgers" Rice finally had a good game against Pitt last year, and absolutely shredded him in one game. as much as I hate him, he is damn talented. I remember watching him just carry those shitty Rutgers teams...

Speaking of Rutgers football, I almost cried when I saw this story.

well I'm just hoping that Trent Richardson can have a good year despite his conference...

Rashard Mendenhall is great, but during his stellar rookie season, the Ravens had a bounty on him for some tweet or something, and they broke his arm in a game

Rashard is still damn good, but you know breaking your arm has to have a huge affect on the rest of your career

who are your guys' 3 coaches most likely to get the ax?

norv turner - not quite sure why he's still there, would be an excellent OC somewhere else, this might be the worst chargers team on paper in 10 years
mike shanahan - i think skins need to win at least 8 games for him to save his job, not happening
andy reid - eagles HAVE to make the playoffs, and i don't think they will, and more importantly i hope they don't

and maybe these guys:
pete carroll - if seahawks don't win more than 4 games
mike smith - seriously if falcons make the playoffs again and get blown out in round 1 again, is this guy worth keeping?
pat shurmur - usually coaches get 3 years, but if browns only win 3 games, i think they should move on

Rex Ryan- If the Tebow Experiment blows up in his face and/or if the Jets don't make the playoffs then I think he will be getting the axe. If he had just shut his mouth he would be fine, but 3 Superbowl Championship prediction fails later and he isn't looking so good. I think he's a pretty good coach, but he talks too much for his own good. He put most of the pressure on himself, so I don't have much sympathy for him.

I agree with China Rider that Mike Shanahan is likely to get the axe. It's been a disaster since he has gone to Washington, and I don't see the fans putting up with it if they have another losing year. From the benching and then trading of both Albert Haynesworth and Donovan McNabb, the alternating between Rex Grossman and John Beck with little reason, to not re-signing 3 1st round draft picks since Shanahans arrival, things have not worked out with him since day 1. Oh, and I also don't see him working well with RG3, however, if RG3 were to have a Cam Newton type of rookie season then it might overshadow a losing year which would save Shanahan his job if they think they can build on that the next year.

yeah i can see rex ryan getting fired if jets miss the playoffs, and i think they will, that offense blows

i hate him, but that'd be awesome if he went to st.louis to be DC, but what i want more than anything is to have gregg williams be allowed back

Ben Roethlisberger: 49ers targeted my ankle
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...lisberger-49ers-targeted-ankle-154506012.html

Not that I saw any blatant targeting of his anke that game, but if you know an opposing player is playing injured you should try to take advantage of it, im pretty sure all football teams do this. Everyone knew by watching him play that Roethlesberger shouldn't have been playing in that game, its his own fault.

He's just whining. 6 months after the game. just to cause a fuss after all the bounty noise (and be a bellend) and from what I saw of that game I'd agree with you, didnt see evidence of any malicious play, and it indeed happens in every sport I can think of, you play to your opponents weakness, and if that weakness happens to be an injury at that time, then thats what you exploit in whatever way is suitable.

Ben Roethlisberger: 49ers targeted my ankle
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...lisberger-49ers-targeted-ankle-154506012.html

Not that I saw any blatant targeting of his anke that game, but if you know an opposing player is playing injured you should try to take advantage of it, im pretty sure all football teams do this. Everyone knew by watching him play that Roethlesberger shouldn't have been playing in that game, its his own fault.

i disagree. just play to win the game instead of playing to injure their QB so you can win.

^ If this was an exhibition league with guys that have day jobs and play on the weekends, then yea id agree with that. But this is professional football, where the reward for success is fame and fortune and the penalty for failure is public condemnation and a life of mediocrity. Players will do what it takes to win. If a guy is playing hurt he opens himself up to legal hits that have a chance to seriously injure him.

I can see why Ben would be butthurt. If the Steelers had won that game they would have been the #1 seed in the AFC last year. If my memory serves me that was the only game that they actually lost in the last 1/3rd of the season, other than the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.