• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe What's the BA of snorting subutex?

onlyone3232

Ex-Bluelighter
What's the BA of snorting bupe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bupe
Buprenorphine is also used recreationally, typically by opioid users, often by insufflation. Recreational users of Suboxone who crush the tablet and snort it report a euphoric rush similar to other opioids in addition to a slight "upper"-like effect. Those already using buprenorphine/Suboxone for opioid addiction therapy find that insufflation is only slightly, if any stronger than taking the pill sublingually, although it may have a quicker onset.
http://www.heroin-detox.com/detoxing-buprenorphine-subutex-suboxone/14511-snorting-subutex.html
quote:Originally posted by 4Degrees

I know the bio availability is doubled from 1/3 when taken sublingually to 2/3 when snorted. I did it for a while and yeah it was difficult to get back to taking it properly. Its almost impossible to taper sub when your snorting it, at least in my experience, so it would be a good idea to go back to sublingual. Start taking twice as much, sublingually, as you normally snort, and taper your dose back down from there. Peace...

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/TO90EL6EBIN9PFPFI/p51
he bioavailabilty of suboxone is 13-51% sublingually, snorting it makes it go up to around 70%. Have you ever injected suboxone? I have many many times and have never gotten sick. So how about quit spouting off bullshit you read on the internet and actually have some facts behind what you say if you are gonna give advice. You can inject suboxone all day and not get sick. I know you think you are a 19 year old knowitall but in reality you dont know shit son. They make those pills 8mg because the bioavailability is so bad sublingually. Now Im not condoning shooting suboxone because it is very unhealthy but Im telling you right now it will not throw you into immediate w/d. If you dont know it for a fact dont say it.
i know man ..i would understand if there snorting subutex cuz its just straight bupe and it will get you right ..but the opiate blocker counter balances the bupe specially at rapid doses
seems u can snort subutex. but not suboxone.
please dont give me a lecture ppl get high off h, oxy etc. all the time. So what's the difference with subutex? im not on maintenance & just want to know if it's safe. I will not make a habit of it & plan to snort 8mg. I have little tolerance to opiates, only codeine but somtimes over 100mg of oxy once a month. Ive also had 20mg of valium today but I have a huge tolerance to benzso. Ive dosed up to 200mg of valium with little effects.
should it be safe to snort one?
I'll wait for a response. I don't want to do anything that could be dangerous

I have more questions here
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/621407-Buprenorphine-dose-for-best-euphoria
about the dose which will give u the best euphoria. 1.5mg, 2mg (where norbuprenorphine is still active). or the ceiling 32mg?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/621409-Snorting-Suboxone-Film-Strips-Extremely-Potent
read here. someone has got extreme euphoria from snorting the water squirted froma rig containing bupe. I dont understant why the powder wasnt just snorted. do u have to dissolve it in water first?

I'll make a cup of coffee & come back. hopefully someone will be able to help

Last edited:
The bioavailabilty of nasal bupe is 50%. It is less than twice as strong as taking it sublingually (30% ba)

I have never found the naloxone in Suboxone to give me any issues when snorted, but ymmv.

If you don't have a significant tolerance, 8mg of bupe is way too much. Even users with 200+ mg of morphine habits only need 3-4 mg to feel good.
Bupe is a weird one because it actually works better in smaller does. The euphoric effects are caused mainly by norbuprenorphine, and taking more than 2 or so mg of bupe actually blocks your liver from converting it to this metabolite. Also, the ceiling analgesic does is about 3-4mg, which is the max you would want to take for recreation.
Even then I would try .5mg and give it an hour to see how you feel, then maybe one more. Even though bupe is not a full agonist, it is capable of causing od's and death. It is about 50x stronger than morphine, so do the math. Be careful.

The bioavailabilty of nasal bupe is 50%. It is less than twice as strong as taking it sublingually (30% ba)

I have never found the naloxone in Suboxone to give me any issues when snorted, but ymmv.

If you don't have a significant tolerance, 8mg of bupe is way too much. Even users with 200+ mg of morphine habits only need 3-4 mg to feel good.
Bupe is a weird one because it actually works better in smaller does. The euphoric effects are caused mainly by norbuprenorphine, and taking more than 2 or so mg of bupe actually blocks your liver from converting it to this metabolite. Also, the ceiling analgesic does is about 3-4mg, which is the max you would want to take for recreation.
Even then I would try .5mg and give it an hour to see how you feel, then maybe one more. Even though bupe is not a full agonist, it is capable of causing od's and death. It is about 50x stronger than morphine, so do the math. Be careful.
could u plz help me out? I had 32mg today with little effect. im thinking about taking 1.5mg-2mg tomorrow to see if i can get a high from the nobrenorphine. could u please tell me the optimum dose?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/621407-Buprenorphine-dose-for-best-euphoria
have a look at my thread

OK well I just snorted 8mg. it didnt burn my nose but the drip is burning my throat. it quite uncomfertable. maybe this was a bad idea

I was kiddidng about that peehole thing..I'm just a troll.

Sniffing...is higher in BA but you also gotta remember theres 8mg in a 100mg pill...so...your sniffing a TON of fillers that are clogging your mucus membrane not allowing you to get 100% of the desired drug.

well im getting the stongest effect ive gotten from bupe before. (I dont think i should make a habit of snorting it though because it burnt my nose & throat pretty bad but was gone after a few mins. i ate an apple & it seemed to fix it. i dont get how ppl consider bupe recreational.
i find the peack of 400mg codeine better than 32mg of bupe. & tramadol is alot better. oxy is underrated too. I had 120mg he other night & still couldnt catch a nod. I get to the point where i wanna throw up but i can never seem to catch a nod. im a little drowsy from the bupe.
u might call me weird but i find seroquel to be kinda recreational & even the sedating antihistamines. i just like feeling sedated.
i love large doses of benzos.
the meth i had the other night was good. it was cystal/ice. when i first had it it made me that relaxed i almost felt like sleeping. its funny how speed does that to me. during the peak i always go quite. with mdma even more so. I get dizzy & just feel like sitting laying back. after the initial peak i get talkative though.
im all out of seroquel. i have promethazine & doxylamine. i prefer promethazine as imo its more sedating than doxylamine & dph but im still experimenting with doxylamine. im going to try a higher dose tonight. might sound crazy but im thinking 150mg. its a deliriant but i found dph to be interesting in higher than suggested dosage. I dont want a full deliriant experience as im not insane. i just liked touching the threshold deliriant effect of dph. it felt like i was dreaming or falling into a dream while still lying down. & it felt like i was somewhere else for a few seconds.
i found dxm to be an interesting drug but havnt touched it in over 8 yrs or something like that. not worth the next day & ya throw up if ya take a large enough dose. i enjoyed the cevs while i went to bed though
like i said before i think codeine is underrated. its a good opiate for its price & i sometimes dose 800mg. it stops converting to morphine but doesnt stop converting to c6g another anelgesic. ive only had morphine a few times but think i would prefer that to oxy. the h ive tried has been of low quality but my mate the addict said it gave him a good high. I think being used to taking Seroquel has given me a tolerance to the sedating effects of any drug.
I took 100mg of doxylamine last night & i found it to be have milkd euphoria. i just like sedatives. yeah like i said before i actually like seroquel. i sometimes take 400mg
I think dxm is an interesting as lsd. lsd is kinda an expasion of the outside world as dxm is an expansion of ya inside world. hmm maybe lsd has the potential to be slightly better.
I also think mdma gives a better experience than meth. But i dont like either of there come downs. but its great if u have alot of valium to take the next day with a few seroquels to help ya sleep than its ok
i might add that i think alcohol is probably the most unhealthy drug ive done. its worse than taking a point of crystal. now i didnt say its worse than staying awake for 3 days straight or anything just worse than a single hit of speed or e. sorry ive gone way off topic here. i should start a thread in drug culture. what are your opinions of the effects of the most memorable drugs uve taken

Last edited:
I was kiddidng about that peehole thing..I'm just a troll.

Sniffing...is higher in BA but you also gotta remember theres 8mg in a 100mg pill...so...your sniffing a TON of fillers that are clogging your mucus membrane not allowing you to get 100% of the desired drug.

I would edit that post then. There are people dumb enough to try that shit just because they read it on here.

i read the BA of sniffing bupe is around 60-70% as opposed to 30-40 SL..

as for dosing... if you dose 100mg odeine to get high, don't start with more tan 0.5mg bupe

I don't know whether my son was snorting or injecting suboxone film, but it caused him to have a seizure while driving this past Monday A.M.. It's a miracle that he lived. He's in surgery now having his leg set. As a person dealing with chronic pain, I know these drugs are necessary. I take opiates daily for pain. But they shouldn't be abused. I almost lost my son due to his addiction. Please, those of you that are recreational users, try to get help. Don't let this happen to you. http://www.indystar.com/article/20120910/NEWS02/120910004/Truck-crashes-into-tree-Indianapolis-Far-Eastside-man-hurt?odyssey=topicpage&nclick_check=1 http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/person-in-hospital-after-car-crashes-into-tree

I'm sorry to here about your son's accident Dian, though I feel as though it is more likely the seizure was brought on by something other than suboxone/buprenorphine. Also, snorting nor injecting suboxone would likely cause a seizure either. Are you sure your son was not also abusing benzodiazepines? Withdrawal from Benzo's, Alchohol, and Barbiturates can cause seizures, and these types of drugs are often combines with suboxone for a more euphoric effect. There are also other opioids such as Tramadol that have SNRI activity and are known for causing seizures when taken above certain dosages.. just throwing it out there.

I haven't ever heard of someone having a seizure off of Suboxone.

Right, I just looked at the PDF of the suboxone insert, and there are no adverse effects that could cause seizures, nor is seizing an adverse effect on it's owne. I feel that in all likeliness the seizure was the cause of something entirely different.