• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Questions about taking Pure MDMA every week

this thread is so fucking stupid.

It seems like you have already made up your mind that taking half a gram of MDMA per week is a great idea and not bad for you in any way. The fact is MDMA is bad for you, and yes i can say that specifically pertaining to you because as far as i know there is not a single case in human history of some one being completely immune to the negative effects while still being able to reap the benefits of the positive ones.

This is a HARM REDUCTION website, we can give you advice but we can't make you take it.

Last edited:
I found a couple problems with some of the responses, again however, i appreciate the input and thought.

1st: Most people are only relating to their own experience, and overwhelmingly, i appears that people suggest a lower dose and longer duration of abstinence simply to achieve a greater high when they do it next time. My only comparison to that logic is the guy thats 70yo, smoked marijuana his whole life, and still gets high. Maybe not as high as younger person who just started smoking, but he still gets a satisfactory high. Sure, when im a daily smoker, i can smoke a significat amount and still be totally fuctionable through the day, but still a high i enjoy. Now if i were to stop for a month, then try it again, i would get BOMBED! So high i cant drive, work or do anything! Yeah its a stronger high, but does that make all other days of smoking obsolete because its not as strong....????? I've been using e pills for 8 years, now using pure MDMA, and i've never lost the magic. My i bought by big bag of molly, i binged out on it for 3 days straight. Now the 2nd day was a less effect then the 1st and the 3rd was less the the 2nd....but i still got a REALLY good roll on the 3rd day. But with everyones logic, i should stop altogther for a MONTH, simply because i got a lesser effect. I understand how tolerance works, thats why i wait a week, but in that time period, i get the same high everytime, with no diminished effects. So even though most people agree on at least 30 days abstinence, its working great for me on the weekly level.
2nd: AS far neural-toxicity goes, no one has stated any facts on how long-term molly use effects the brain, other then serotonin production. All i hear is "its bad for you". If its fear of falling into a cronic depression, i have news for you. I have had cronic depression my whole life and its very frustrating to deal with. This past month, I have not been depressed at all! This is EXTREMLY important for me to progress through life. So maybe i am taking to much, then what, i fall back into depression. Ok so im back at square one...at least in the time in the time ive been doing the molly, i have made my life exponentially better, so to me the risk is worth it.
3rd: No one has stated anything whatsoever on serious long-term mental effects like memory. This is what i worry most about. Am i going to be retarded in a few years from now, will i be more susceptible to things like Alzheimer and Dementia? I dont anticipate anyone being a DR. on here and even if they were where are the clinical trials and sheer evidence? We just don't know.
My point is this...it very likly is bad for me. How bad? I dont know. Is it possible that it may not be very harmful at all. Again i dont know? These are question that need to be raised so that studies can be done to fine conclusive evidence on neuro-toxicity. Drugs (ALL drugs) effect people differently, so from my personal experiences compared to yours, its hard to tell who is right and who is wrong.
Again, it seems like the only thing to warn me about is depression. Other then that there is lacking evidence to convince me that anything else is a problem. A statement of "its a serious drug, so it must be harmful in some way" is not enough. WHY? WHY do u think it is so dangerous? Even if i were to get depressed after taking molly, i still think the multiple benefits im getting far outweigh the negative...

You, my friend sound like a bewildering fool.

Your comparisons are fucking absurd, you sound like my younger sister with the narrow minded logic thats spewing from you.

Seriously, take it from someone thats been there.

YOU WILL CRASH HARD.

Simple as that. I started using frequently, and became the most AMAZING person I have ever been for months. I never knew life could be that great. EVERYTHING came together so well it was incredible. But then, I kept using, and using and using.

Sure enough, here I am, 18 months past my "binge" and i'm still surrfering some pretty intense side effects.

I was just as stupid and naive in my actions, as you depict yourself to be. I thought I was invincible and that this only happened to certian people, or that "this wont happen to me". Let me tell you, it will.

If you don't believe me, keep going, and when you return to this forum for advice on recovery, i'm going to grill the shit out of you.

Take my harsh words and translate them emotionally, and you might see that what i'm saying is attempt to open you eyes. Theres a very bright, and EXTREMELY dark side of life, and I never knew either exisisted.. until I found MDMA.

Taking 500mg of MDMA every week is beyond risky. Age might be on your side for now but you will start paying the price.
I have been taking it on and off for about 20 years. Like Alcohol its side effects do become slightly more oppressive with age. During my early years and the early rave scene I was on it every weekend. I noticed over time that with every weekend the good feelings were lessened and paranoia came into play more often than not.

I stopped for a few years and then re started but only a few times a year did i partake.

Recently, in the last two years I have been at it almost every month. However a couple of months back I paid the price for that and now I am suffering the side effects. So much so that I have been to the hospital heart dept. 3 times and am due back next month. Struggling to sleep at night and twitching and lots of unwanted dreams. Also I have the honour of some lovely palpitations which occur randomly. Slowly things are improving but its made me re think how I treat my body and mind.

If I am honest there were warning signs to this but greedily I carried on regardless. So back to the original poster I would say its up to you, if you dont want to heed other peoples advice thats your call, but dont believe there is no lasting damage or serious effects from MDMA because that's exactly what I thought.

idk what makes you so special that you wont come down. i know maybe its your undying denial haha.

man you're so happy because the experience of the drug is making your life more exciting, but taking 500mg a week is unsustainable long term. Maybe for a few months, sure, but in the long term you are going to seriously fuck up your body doing that because all those feelings of empathy are coming from a drug and draining your brain. There will most likely come a point when you completely lose interest in rolling as once you have damaged yourself it will never be the same. And then, you will find yourself even more depressed than you were initially and possibly antisocial. Life will be incredibly boring. Don't let this afterglow effect trick you into thinking the chemical is doing you good, it's a transient effect.

^
true story. Weed used to be a hobby, now its medical, to make up for my lack of serotonin.
I used to have a minor depression problem, now its major, along with new anxiety disorder and Bi-polar tendencies.

The Bipolar is the worst... because its the stereotypical type that no one gets, one minute you'll be sad as fuck, the next hating that person with every fiber of your being... that turns into self loathing, and hopefully soon you'll be just emotionally numb again.

None of that has ever happened to me before using MDMA... except maybe just a basic depression.

I've also recently been dealing with large amount of anxiety and paranoia, but I've always prided myself on being able to put it out of mind and focus on the task at hand.

I do this for one sole reason, to keep people safe. I would never intentionally steer someone wrong!

In fact, the reason I joined this site, was that I did my own research early on and that indicated that MDMA use was safe. What I didn't know, is they were talking about one dose only. MDMA is a great drug, and has almost no side effects.. when used responsibly. But as I learned the hard way, when used too often, it can cause unimaginable suffering...

I dont know if I'll ever recover fully.......

Folley, I fell into the same situation, with the same outcome.
When i first start researching on what drugs were preferable and least hazardous, i could only find vague details, and all of the HUGE reports, were much to complex to understand, at the time.
By the time i had found and read all of the real long detailed toxicity reports and started studying chemistry, it was too late.

Dude, the Bi-polar is nuts, i find myself just saying "WHAT THE FUCK" over and over to myself in my head when i notice the shift.
Oh and i can agree with the paranoia, i can always push that out of my head though as well.
I cant push that anxiety though, feels like a bear trap is on my chest.

Yeah thats why I make it a point to try and describe MDMA's toxicity to all the newer users. You will hear all the time how amazing MDMA is and how it's safe, but you'll never hear about the damages, side effects and consequences...

It does get better after a while though, thank God. I'm still probably only about 60% recovered from what I once was, and thats after 8 months of almost no MDMA use. I have a lot less bad days than I did before, but when I do they're still just as bad

Seriously herbman... It's pretty clear you've grown very affectionate to this drug.

"So what if I crash, I will fall back into depression". Your depression can get worse. Much worse. Otherwise you'd be dead by now. I can't believe someone who is already depressed has the balls to abuse MDMA.

Some people can take more MDMA than others and be fine. But NO ONE CAN TAKE THE AMOUNT YOU'RE TAKING! It's a basic rule of neuro chemistry, that receptors adapt, and if you're pounding them with extreme amounts of neuro transmitters every week, they will desensitize, and you will end up needing MDMA to feel normal. You cannot compare this to weed, that's illogical. And as others have said, neurotoxicity is a serious problem in MDMA abusers.

You're not immune. There's simply not enough variance in human brain chemistry that this could be the case. Taking 500mg's weekly is straight up hilarious. Actually taking MDMA weekly is hilarious. Listen to what others have said, so you don't fall victim yourself. It sounds like you're rationalizing that this is okay without having any medical knowledge to back it up, because you want it so badly. Some people have to just see for themselves, and if you're one of those, good luck. Just don't think you'll just go back to being how you used to, it will be much worse.

We're not telling you it's this serious if it's not, we're not the government.

I will make this as simple as possible,
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_article3.shtml
^
if you read that whole thing, and it doesnt convince you, there are thousands of other studies i could throw out here, but that is one of the simplest.
im at recovery month 6 or 7, things are starting to look up though, im starting to feel genuinely happy, without being INCREDIBLY stoned.
:)

my bother for 5 years consumed 250-600mg of mdma (pokeballs/mdma crystal up to 2 times a week rarely three) i even indulged in that much for a solid year and a half and it defititley takes a toll on your mind/body/ sleep habits/ emotions, etc.

also my brother has had extreme bi-polar and ocd for a long time and after alot of mdma iv noticed his depression has got a little worse, he mood shifts like every 5 min maybe less thinking about finance problems all that stuff he cant controlle etc, just cycling through his mind uncontollable. he'll blow up and black out and punch things aswel at times, he has got alot better within the past 6 months but theres still those random fits.

i also noticed when your that far on mdma you dont think mdma is the problem, imo people, me, my brother and his wife usually thought mdma is the key to everything at that time, but in reality it was the main issue. also the whole time we didnt think itd catch back up to us later on down the road.

the depression is pretty terrible to you wont understand it untill your feeling it somtimes you feel like your going insane, i wouldnt wish it on my enemy. yeah theres people that have it worse but its still very rough at times untill you start coming out of it, its also very avoidable if youd go by of what shulgin says(i think he says 2-3 times a year at most if im not mistaken). its been 2 years since i used mdma heavily and theres still residual side effects that im begginng to learn how to control it and feel comfortsble with it. for me the depression sucked i didnt want to live i seen no point in doing anything nothing ment anything to me i simply just didnt care nor cared to try to care, was a very very dark place for me at the time but i trucked through and pulled my shit together along with my brother and his wife. i learned a big lesson with md compounds .

take it easy everyone, be safe

sorry if my spelling might be fucked im extremely benzo'd out :|

Last edited:
I used to experience the same amazing feeling as you do on MDMA, but that feeling soon goes. I used to take it maybe once every 2 weeks or so, but other times it could be thurs-sun every week. I was in a way addicted to it, I was in love with the feelings you get from the drug, I'd never felt such intense feelings like that.
This was around this time last year that I started taking it a lot. Come december '11, the comedowns became too much for me to handle, I went from feeling an insane afterglow and in love with everyone and everything to becoming unbelievably suicidal, and this would last for around 1-2 weeks after having taken the drug. I even found that when I'd be on the drug, it was just an incredibly dark experience as my serotonin levels were more than likely incredibly low. Every comedown began to get like this, so I stopped the drug completely.
I've been off it for nearly 3 months now, and I can say I feel so much better about myself. I suffered so badly with depression and anxiety from taking it so much, and I've had to go on tablets for both of these problems, but things are looking up. I've got a much healthier life now :)
Think of it as in the sense, you need to allow your serotonin levels to regain after every session, because you use up an incredible amount. I don't know what it does to your head scientifically, but from personal experience, its horrendous.

Last edited:
I found a couple problems with some of the responses, again however, i appreciate the input and thought.

1st: Most people are only relating to their own experience, and overwhelmingly, i appears that people suggest a lower dose and longer duration of abstinence simply to achieve a greater high when they do it next time. My only comparison to that logic is the guy thats 70yo, smoked marijuana his whole life, and still gets high. Maybe not as high as younger person who just started smoking, but he still gets a satisfactory high. Sure, when im a daily smoker, i can smoke a significat amount and still be totally fuctionable through the day, but still a high i enjoy. Now if i were to stop for a month, then try it again, i would get BOMBED! So high i cant drive, work or do anything! Yeah its a stronger high, but does that make all other days of smoking obsolete because its not as strong....????? I've been using e pills for 8 years, now using pure MDMA, and i've never lost the magic. My i bought by big bag of molly, i binged out on it for 3 days straight. Now the 2nd day was a less effect then the 1st and the 3rd was less the the 2nd....but i still got a REALLY good roll on the 3rd day. But with everyones logic, i should stop altogther for a MONTH, simply because i got a lesser effect. I understand how tolerance works, thats why i wait a week, but in that time period, i get the same high everytime, with no diminished effects. So even though most people agree on at least 30 days abstinence, its working great for me on the weekly level.
2nd: AS far neural-toxicity goes, no one has stated any facts on how long-term molly use effects the brain, other then serotonin production. All i hear is "its bad for you". If its fear of falling into a cronic depression, i have news for you. I have had cronic depression my whole life and its very frustrating to deal with. This past month, I have not been depressed at all! This is EXTREMLY important for me to progress through life. So maybe i am taking to much, then what, i fall back into depression. Ok so im back at square one...at least in the time in the time ive been doing the molly, i have made my life exponentially better, so to me the risk is worth it.
3rd: No one has stated anything whatsoever on serious long-term mental effects like memory. This is what i worry most about. Am i going to be retarded in a few years from now, will i be more susceptible to things like Alzheimer and Dementia? I dont anticipate anyone being a DR. on here and even if they were where are the clinical trials and sheer evidence? We just don't know.
My point is this...it very likly is bad for me. How bad? I dont know. Is it possible that it may not be very harmful at all. Again i dont know? These are question that need to be raised so that studies can be done to fine conclusive evidence on neuro-toxicity. Drugs (ALL drugs) effect people differently, so from my personal experiences compared to yours, its hard to tell who is right and who is wrong.
Again, it seems like the only thing to warn me about is depression. Other then that there is lacking evidence to convince me that anything else is a problem. A statement of "its a serious drug, so it must be harmful in some way" is not enough. WHY? WHY do u think it is so dangerous? Even if i were to get depressed after taking molly, i still think the multiple benefits im getting far outweigh the negative...

Great response, I'm glad your thinking thing out. I'm all for the therapeutic value of MDMA but you've been given some great advice. unfortunately I stopped reading your response as soon as you compared a THC/cannabinoid tolerance to that of MDMA use. You may be seeing magic happen now but you must accept that proper MDMA-use requires precautions. For one, you should be testing your stuff - if at least not for your safety, qualify control - 500 mg is an excessive dose and any high qualify "pure" MDMA would require much less for an adequate dose.

Try a 200 mg dose, also pick up some dietary tips to help offset the harm on your body

The Bipolar is the worst... because its the stereotypical type that no one gets, one minute you'll be sad as fuck, the next hating that person with every fiber of your being... that turns into self loathing, and hopefully soon you'll be just emotionally numb again.

None of that has ever happened to me before using MDMA... except maybe just a basic depression.

I've also recently been dealing with large amount of anxiety and paranoia, but I've always prided myself on being able to put it out of mind and focus on the task at hand.

Now here's a question, knowing the content of Mac Dre's music often alluded to regular Thizz usage how is it that he wasn't as susceptible to these dangers? You don't hear content of depression in his music, he originally named his label Thizz around 2000 and when he went out in 2004 it only seemed like he just started using more. Wouldn't the damaging effects of over use caused his subjects to stray away from partying, girls and sex?

You, my friend sound like a bewildering fool.

Your comparisons are fucking absurd, you sound like my younger sister with the narrow minded logic thats spewing from you.

Seriously, take it from someone thats been there.

YOU WILL CRASH HARD.

Simple as that. I started using frequently, and became the most AMAZING person I have ever been for months. I never knew life could be that great. EVERYTHING came together so well it was incredible. But then, I kept using, and using and using.

Sure enough, here I am, 18 months past my "binge" and i'm still surrfering some pretty intense side effects.

I was just as stupid and naive in my actions, as you depict yourself to be. I thought I was invincible and that this only happened to certian people, or that "this wont happen to me". Let me tell you, it will.

If you don't believe me, keep going, and when you return to this forum for advice on recovery, i'm going to grill the shit out of you.

Take my harsh words and translate them emotionally, and you might see that what i'm saying is attempt to open you eyes. Theres a very bright, and EXTREMELY dark side of life, and I never knew either exisisted.. until I found MDMA.

^
Thank you I agree.

That post is a case of mdma logic. That's why they say once blissful and fantastic the feeling became synthetic like plastic

Now here's a question, knowing the content of Mac Dre's music often alluded to regular Thizz usage how is it that he wasn't as susceptible to these dangers? You don't hear content of depression in his music, he originally named his label Thizz around 2000 and when he went out in 2004 it only seemed like he just started using more. Wouldn't the damaging effects of over use caused his subjects to stray away from partying, girls and sex?

Well, that has a few answers. For one, most "thizz" is meth. Weekly meth use is pretty easy to sustain for a long time...

Mac Dre was no fool though, I've seen him in documentaries talking about how they get that good MDMA. What you have to realize is, that even with a real mother fucker like Dre, he's going to hype shit up for the sake of the song... I'm sure his use was weekly at the most, and probably only really at the shows. I know Mista FAB said once he was rolling for the first time in months or something like that though, so its very possible they just use more responsibly than their listeners.

Hell, in his songs, he's even still talking about popping one or two. Hardly a heavy user lol..

Anyways... its not like a gangsta is going to start talking about how depressed he is :\

"i got 99 problems and most of them are depression and anxiety but a bitch ain't one"

hm.. it seems OP and me have similar situation, just different drug:)
My wife and I started to take methylone (bk-mdma) about 10 months ago, first just microdosing just to.. get through the party (after 4/5 years of calmer life I just became 'lazy' and did not managed to go through a normal party, at about 11PM/12AM i just started to feel sleepy and always went home, so just to get this bit of extra time:). Then we tried to do it on our own - with a little more of the stuff. And the magical thing happened - in next couple of weeks, maybe a month - we dealt with huge problems that hung in our lives (starting with small thing that you do that drives the other person crazy, and many more, I will not get into details;). Then when the 'therapy sessions' became more frequent (once a week, through trial and error we found out that Friday is the only option, because then it gives you whose Saturday to finish off, and the whole Sunday to pull yourself together and not to feel like shit on Monday at work:), I decided to cut up at least drinking (as OP, I was a quite enthusiastic drinker), and I did it - I did not stop completely, i just lowered it to minimal, yet still social acceptable doses (max 2 glasses per evening, extremely rare cases - 3), and drinking is reserved only for meeting with friends (I was having 'couples of beers' every day until then..).. Additionally I decided to compensate (well It was more like a dare to myself when rolling:) and get abs (a six-pack:) - never had one before... And low and behold - I have it (well almost - I am fit as I never was, and you can see the outlines of the sixpack, but not yet fully, but i haven't stopped training, so I will in a month or so:).. So let me sum up - I fixed my relationship with my wife from OK, to awesome, I stopped drinking (almost;), i started training and have abs (almost:).. but we still doing our sessions (we minimized them to once every two weeks). But after reading this I decided at least to try to stop the 'sessions' for a summer (3 months) - just to check if the 'bad weather' catches up. If id does - oh well, it was good run, now it's time to pay the price. If not - I think I will continue it just with a bit more caution, maybe once every 3 weeks, just to be on the safe side.
The bad part, that we started by microdosing (that is ~30/50 mg of methylone about 4/5 times per night).. now we are doing about 70mg every 45 minutes (found it to be perfect for keeping the peek for longest)... we start at about 19:00.. and end sometimes even 11/12/13:xx the next day... My wife has these awful urges to redose, and that what is mainly so scary for me... However after the comedown, no one of us is event thinking about taking it on work days, and I do not feel any side effects even during those two week pauses, but, just to be on a safe side, I will 'go on summer vacation' with this hobby of mine..
Thanks guys!