• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Questions about taking Pure MDMA every week

herbman420

Greenlighter
I'm 26 and I have been experimenting on and off with extacy since i was 18. I've maybe taken extacy pills about a dozen times in my life. Highest dose was 8 pills in one night and that was my first time. No terrible effects the next day other then mild depression for a day or 2 (and ive always had cronic depression anyways) I've never had a bad experiance with extacy pills other then the last 4 or 5 times i bought it, it was fake (not like there was speed in its place it was just nothing those times). I stopped trying to get it for awhile and just gave up.
Around this new year, i discovered "molly" for the first time and it was amazing. First molly dose was 500mg. No hang over or anything, in fact it put me in a very positive mood for about a straight week! I started doing it about twice a month since then with no behavioral or cognitive impairment as far as i can tell. Everytime i took it (doses between 250-500mg), i would feel the "high" for about 12hrs (2hrs for me to hit peak, plateau for about 6 hrs, then come down for 4hrs), but the residual effects of happiness and understanding lasted all week everytime. It felt is if my mind was clear and I had more focus on bettering myself, focusing on issues like who i want to be in life and when i want out of life. I've always had a hard time thinking about that stuff, but lately it has all become so clear and all my friends and family see a dramatic positive change in my life. I've completely stopped drinking alcohol, even in social settings. I just dont need alcohol to feel good anymore and i reflected and found it was a MAJOR hindrance to my life. I have cut back on smoking pot significantly as i now view that as a negative effect on my life. I was a daily smoker and almost a daily drinker. My mind was in a big haze. 4 months of taking MDMA twice a months has helped me dramatically in my life. I now feel energetic everyday, with a GREAT sense of well being. I'm not depressed AT ALL anymore.
Well since i was talking it fairly often i was becoming expensive, so i sought out a new source, and was able to obtain 14g for personal use only. For the last month i've been taking it once a week (about 500mg doses now), and have had even BETTER therapeutic effects on me. I've come to terms with almost everything I've felt guilty or ashamed about. I feel great all week. I'm a much better person now...trust me ask my family, i used to be out of control with drinking on a regular basis.
My ultimate question is this...if i continue to do this (which i'm most certainly going to do, at least till my current stash is dry), do u really think there are severe physiological or psychological problems with taking this amount on a regular basis? With the E pills years ago, i would feel significant depression afterwards, where as now, i feel completely rejuvenated afterwards. I've taken SSRI's before in the past with some benifits, but nothing near the improvement on my self image and motivation. I've been feeling great, but i do worry about permanent damages to my brain. As i know this drug is not studied very well or completely understood yet, i felt like i should share my story as somewhat of a "case study" so i tried to be as informative as i could.
Any insight on the matter is much appreciated, but I would like facts, not opinions, if that information is even out there (i couldn't find it). Thanks everyone :)

Greetings! :) Welcome to BL!

Okay. Imagine your brain is a bucket full of water, where water is serotonin. When you take MDMA you put a hole in that bucket and it pisses water all over your emotions and your friends. It refills drip by drip over about 1-2 months until 99% full. Every time the bucket becomes empty it cant hold quite as much water as efficiently. If you put another hole in the bucket before its refilled properly, you risk damaging the bucket (<--- take note). Its all good and fun knocking back a half gram weekly but eventually (the next few weeks/months) the comedowns are gonna get significantly heavier and harder to manage. And 500mg is a nacking amount, I'd try to curve that to below the bottom end of your dosage range to avoid brain damage over the long term if you actually plan to continue this aswell :)

I am pleased that you are seeing development in yourself, but just be aware that using that amount as consistantly as you are isnt without risk in the medium-long term. (Yep, medium - 6+ months of using a half gram of MD a week will make you want to die during the comedowns in those later months nomatter what measures you take) Dont want to burn out those happy receptors - consistant weekly dosing will strongly contribute to this happening. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you for your layman's term on your scientific example using the water bucket. It makes total sense, but as i stated the really weird thing is that off the pure mdma, there is no comedown, i just return to a baseline mood that if anything remains slightly elevated then before taking the drug (i find this EXTREMELY strange). So in essence, it just seems like after a week comedown everytime, im a little bit better off then i was before, mentaly and emotionaly. Its weird but thats why i decided to still go with what im doing like a little self administered science expariment.
However, since i have had a great time on 250mg as well, i think im going to lower the weekly dose to that. It seems much safer of an idea, although i'm still begging to differ that in my personal experiance with this "pure" substance (i didnt make it in the lab so i cant 100% be positive it is actally MDMA and not Say MDA or some very similar designer drug) it seems extremely safe so far. Does any other type of drug have a similar POSITIVE come-down that can last for a week?

Half a gram? Are you kidding?

Seriously, half a gram a week is REALLY bad for you. With the MDMA around my way 500mg in a single drop might kill you. I can't imagine trying to do that much every week.

Whilst I applaud the positive and highly constructive response of Deathduet, this is going to be very different. Glad you're getting so much from the experience but you're putting your health at very serious risk. The neurotoxic properties of MDMA are significant. The amounts you've been taking, coupled with the frequency makes me shudder. You may be seeing the positive benefits as we speak but, if you want to continue, you need to space out the experiences and start taking more interest in things such as diet.

First, I'd advise looking at Darksidesam's e-diet. Not to boost the effects of rolling but to reduce the harm this substance will be causing to you - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/entries/...essen-negative-effects.-Basically-Pro-Rolling!

For some information on neurotoxicity, have a look at Erowid - http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq.shtml#safety

So, to restate. Limit the experiences, reduce the dose, address diet. However, that is just my pragmatic advice. My personal opinion. Have a very, very long break from this stuff.

Edit: Sorry to be all alarmist and 'Daily Mail' at you. This is not in my nature. I love MDMA. If I could get away with it, I'd use it most days. It is wonderful. Thus, you should really take my advice in that context. What you're doing - frequency and dose - is severely troubling

Last edited:
Take it easy mate. You are in what's called the 'honeymoon phase' of taking MDMA. You know, like how honeymoons are all love and sex and fun, then you get back and life sucks once you realize it's back to reality. Rolling that often will destroy your cognition and emotional well-being. Recovering from MDMA abuse is a slow, long, painful process that can take months or even years in some cases. I am speaking from the experiences of myself and numerous close friends. Tread lightly man, MDMA is a very serious drug. I understand it can be very therapeutic, but the dark side to this stuff is VERY, very dark.

Glad you're getting so much from the experience but you're putting your health at very serious risk. The neurotoxic properties of MDMA are significant. The amounts you've been taking, coupled with the frequency makes me shudder.
This.

My response being quite jovial possibly didnt highlight the serious of the situation. But it is - while you're dating MDMA in the early stages it all seems excellent [And it feels excellent] but please please please curve your dose and the frequency at which you dose. The brain damage potential is unbelievable at 500mg 'a go'. Feeling great comes with a price, and if you 'take the piss' [not intentionally, ofcourse] by making yourself feel good all the time you're gonna end up fucked. Please take my word on this one.

My personal experience:
21 year old: first 'esctasy' - maybe 70mg. Pure amazing night,. 1 year break
22 years old: pipes pills weekly for a few months, not great experiences. Then 9 month break
23 years old: (140mg pills x 2) twice weekly for 3 months during 'rough times'/life stuff.. At about early feb this year I stopped using at such frequency because it was far too much to handle. Used MDMA once since then after about a 6-8 week break - 300mg last saturday (6'5'', 20st, should probs do 225-250mg realistically. Character flaw wanting me to do more :) ) Overall positive experience however I can see that a small portion of the magic has evidently gone due to my previous use patterns. Basically the more you use it the shitter it gets :) You can do things to 'maximise the experience' in tjhousands of ways but essentially - if you use it much much less - it will get much much better. This applies to dose in addition to frequency, someone once said 'less is more' to me. This is no more truer to anything than MDMA

At 500mg weekly you will accellerate this process and possibly (very very likely) give yourself some damage and PLENTY of mental anguish which may be longer-term than you anticipate. Please be careful

Last edited:
You know, I see a LOT of people (its always the ones rolling every week...) who say this is completely fine. "Oh the negative effects of MDMA are overplayed, this stuff is so magical, it could never hurt me!"

A few months later after rolling every week, they change their tune. So, do you want to learn why you shouldn't roll that often through first hand experience, or will you just take our word for it?

I found a couple problems with some of the responses, again however, i appreciate the input and thought.

1st: Most people are only relating to their own experience, and overwhelmingly, i appears that people suggest a lower dose and longer duration of abstinence simply to achieve a greater high when they do it next time. My only comparison to that logic is the guy thats 70yo, smoked marijuana his whole life, and still gets high. Maybe not as high as younger person who just started smoking, but he still gets a satisfactory high. Sure, when im a daily smoker, i can smoke a significat amount and still be totally fuctionable through the day, but still a high i enjoy. Now if i were to stop for a month, then try it again, i would get BOMBED! So high i cant drive, work or do anything! Yeah its a stronger high, but does that make all other days of smoking obsolete because its not as strong....????? I've been using e pills for 8 years, now using pure MDMA, and i've never lost the magic. My i bought by big bag of molly, i binged out on it for 3 days straight. Now the 2nd day was a less effect then the 1st and the 3rd was less the the 2nd....but i still got a REALLY good roll on the 3rd day. But with everyones logic, i should stop altogther for a MONTH, simply because i got a lesser effect. I understand how tolerance works, thats why i wait a week, but in that time period, i get the same high everytime, with no diminished effects. So even though most people agree on at least 30 days abstinence, its working great for me on the weekly level.
2nd: AS far neural-toxicity goes, no one has stated any facts on how long-term molly use effects the brain, other then serotonin production. All i hear is "its bad for you". If its fear of falling into a cronic depression, i have news for you. I have had cronic depression my whole life and its very frustrating to deal with. This past month, I have not been depressed at all! This is EXTREMLY important for me to progress through life. So maybe i am taking to much, then what, i fall back into depression. Ok so im back at square one...at least in the time in the time ive been doing the molly, i have made my life exponentially better, so to me the risk is worth it.
3rd: No one has stated anything whatsoever on serious long-term mental effects like memory. This is what i worry most about. Am i going to be retarded in a few years from now, will i be more susceptible to things like Alzheimer and Dementia? I dont anticipate anyone being a DR. on here and even if they were where are the clinical trials and sheer evidence? We just don't know.
My point is this...it very likly is bad for me. How bad? I dont know. Is it possible that it may not be very harmful at all. Again i dont know? These are question that need to be raised so that studies can be done to fine conclusive evidence on neuro-toxicity. Drugs (ALL drugs) effect people differently, so from my personal experiences compared to yours, its hard to tell who is right and who is wrong.
Again, it seems like the only thing to warn me about is depression. Other then that there is lacking evidence to convince me that anything else is a problem. A statement of "its a serious drug, so it must be harmful in some way" is not enough. WHY? WHY do u think it is so dangerous? Even if i were to get depressed after taking molly, i still think the multiple benefits im getting far outweigh the negative...

And i anticipate someone discussing a "crash so hard its almost suicidal". I've had suicidal tendencies my who life because of chronic depression because of the environment i grew up in (I have PTSD as well). I've crashed the day after take e pills before, and sure i would call it depression, but never suicidal depression, i just feel drained and overall less happy for no reason (other then the E itself). Nothing an energy drink cant fix for me. For me to be suicidal, there would have to be an outside factor, say someone put me under HEAVY ridicule and i begin to feel worthless and hopeless. Thats when I would become suicidal. Just an overall feeling like crap could never make me even contemplate suicide. Everyone is different and thats just me personally. Again, running the risk of falling back into a chronic depression is not a fear at all of mine, because i would simply be back to square one. In the mean time, I'm feeling better then ever in my life, and every single day is better then the next for me right now.

There are threads already up that will tell you ALL of that, and more. You cant really expect us to show you everything man, you have to start researching on your own eventually.

In a super short answer though...

MDMA use releases serotonin, a chemical that is NEEDED by your body to function. It makes you happy, controls and regulates your emotions, as well as controlling body function and even digestion. It is a VITAL chemical for you to have, there is no question about that.

When you use MDMA too often without time for recovery, you are going to keep releasing serotonin faster than it can regenerate. Obviously, this will cause you problems. Low serotonin levels were once believed to be related to depression, but its not that simple. Manic Depression (bipolar) fits much better into the side effects MDMA causes. Mood swings, depression, feelings of worthlessness, suicidal thoughts and overall, just a shittier life.

All of this is EASILY avoided by rolling less than once a month.

Oh, and yes. Ecstasy can cause diseases like Parkinson's and other forms of dementia. Alpha-Methyldopamine is the cause there, it is a for real no shit neurotoxin that is a metabolite of MDMA.

Take it from someone who rolled every week for 6+ months (and I used to tell everyone it was perfectly OK...), it is NOT worth it. It WILL catch up to you, and when it does, you'll be fucking sorry man.

And i anticipate someone discussing a "crash so hard its almost suicidal". I've had suicidal tendencies my who life because of chronic depression because of the environment i grew up in (I have PTSD as well). I've crashed the day after take e pills before, and sure i would call it depression, but never suicidal depression, i just feel drained and overall less happy for no reason (other then the E itself). Nothing an energy drink cant fix for me. For me to be suicidal, there would have to be an outside factor, say someone put me under HEAVY ridicule and i begin to feel worthless and hopeless. Thats when I would become suicidal. Just an overall feeling like crap could never make me even contemplate suicide. Everyone is different and thats just me personally. Again, running the risk of falling back into a chronic depression is not a fear at all of mine, because i would simply be back to square one. In the mean time, I'm feeling better then ever in my life, and every single day is better then the next for me right now.

This is how it all started for me. Oh it's definately not the ecstasy making me cry and have wild mood swings. Its this chick, or that one ass hole making fun of me.

No dude. That's what happens when you have low serotonin, the little insignificant shit can break your heart, it BECOMES something huge to you, even though it was nothing in the first place

Thanks for the reply Folley. I understand i'm taking a big risk, and have been mentally preparing for a major crash if/WHEN it happens. I'm really not trying to abuse this amazing and wonderful drug. I've actually hit such a high in my life, that i have began to think about not needing recreational drugs in my life at all. Alcohol and marijuana were two big ones for me and the daily combination of the two can change who you are. i didnt realize that at first but now in retrospect, they were MAJOR problems in my life. Its going to be hard to commit to abstinence for those but the molly has helped tremendously. Today, i was thinking, well, maybe i shouldnt do it this weekend and just wait and see how i feel. If i am generally really happy in life right now without the alcohol or pot (which i used as a crutch of emotional relief), then maybe I'll be just fine without the MDMA as well....i'm starting to see the light in life and it is wonderful. I'm trying to strive for a completely substance free life, i just hope i can stick to that. Only time will tell...

cryptix420 said:
You are in what's called the 'honeymoon phase' of taking MDMA
herbman420 said:
i'm starting to see the light in life and it is wonderful
This.

When; fact.

I can see all the reasons why you believe its a justifiable risk but really? ehh.. Neurotoxin means brainpoison in latin or something. Think about the LONG-term on this one, everythings always great in the super-short term... I dunno about addressing wider issues here outside of the illicut substance field like... But thats the MDMA story.

Last edited:
im starting to see the light in life is my metaphor for seeing the beauty in everything, for enjoying life for what it is, and accepting myself, and finding my place in the world. Yes, it's that deep, and i would've never thought i would be thinking is way. I almost fully attribute my sudden personal growth, to the help of weekly sessions with Molly. Doesn't mean i'm going to continue that way forever...i feel i've hit that spot in life where i don't need it...but I know it'll always be around if i need some extra help every now and again :)
And i would much rather get help from molly, then from alcohol. Alcohol suppresses emotions, whereas MDMA helps you deal with them. A little bit of MJ never really hurt anyone either, its just that i do know that too much of anything is bad.
I'm really not trying to be an idiot with the molly, its just that it has had such a profound effect on me recently that i'm just curious where this is gonna go from here...

When; fact. Now thats complete bullshit because no DR. in the world will know how any drug will work on every single person....everyone is different remember that. To say that EVERYONE that takes MDMA is going to crash...im not buying that "fact", statistically speaking its highly likely but not factual.

Last edited:
GOD DAMN I hate when people say MDMA has a "honeymoon period"

IT DOES NOT. When you first take it, all you really want to do is try it again. At least IMO. Either you listen to those cravings, or you don't.

If you use responsibly, you can keep the "honeymoon period" going for the rest of your life... the only time it would end is if you've already damaged your serotonin system, which is again, VITAL to keep your body functioning.

Last edited:
MDMA is not something to fuck with on a regular basis.
I kept up a pattern of once every 2 weeks, for about 2 months. at 200 mg doses.
Than i thought it started making me a better person all around, so i started doing it once a week at about 300 mg doses.
I kept that up for about 2 months.
than I started dosing maybe twice a week for about 2 months maybe a little over twice a week.
the tolerance you get is crazy, after a while 100 mg or 200 mg didn't even make me feel that high after a while.

After a rave in the Sierra Nevada's when i consumed close to a Gram of MDMA, a handle of vodka, and 7 hits of acid, waking up with serotonin sydrome, i swore off MDMA for a substancial amount of time.
needless to say I was completely stupid and that kind of behavior is asking for after effects.
THIS IS WHERE STUPIDITY GETS YOU:
6 months of Bi-polar disorder, suicidal thoughts, depression, and absolute misery.
You wanna cry every night for months, this is the way to do it, and you wont even know why your sad.

luckily the oxidase damage to my brain is minimal, i just need to take Omega acid supplements now.
they make me feel a million times better.
Not to mention i smoke pot every day, and i doubt that will change, keeps my anxiety down.
:)
A month is always the best amount of time between doses, if not longer.

folley is so right on this. space out your rolls dude. just take it from people that did it b4 you and learned a lesson from it. i always listen to these guys like folley and blah blah. they know what they are talking about dude. PLUR.

Hehe I 'hate' (I dont, I barely care) it when people express strong opinions about my paraphrased statements. I rather like that anecdote to describe the sensation actually, 'honeymooning', I do not believe it is a 'phase' as such though in that it is 'passed through' with a beginning and end as opposed to [with self-control] 'remained in', I do also think that 'honeymooning' with MDMA doesnt have to end if you use it responsibly. Aye just try control it. :)

^ Didnt mean that personally sorry, I've just seen that faulty advice too many times...

That analogy implies that everyone goes through this, and that its normal to overuse MDMA to the point of where all that serotonin release isn't fun anymore... well, thats a honeymoon going STRAIGHT to a divorce, Ill tell you that much.

folley is so right on this. space out your rolls dude. just take it from people that did it b4 you and learned a lesson from it. i always listen to these guys like folley and blah blah. they know what they are talking about dude. PLUR.

but hey thanks man :) I do this for one sole reason, to keep people safe. I would never intentionally steer someone wrong!

In fact, the reason I joined this site, was that I did my own research early on and that indicated that MDMA use was safe. What I didn't know, is they were talking about one dose only. MDMA is a great drug, and has almost no side effects.. when used responsibly. But as I learned the hard way, when used too often, it can cause unimaginable suffering...

I dont know if I'll ever recover fully.......

Last edited:
There are hundreds of different substances in this world you can be taking, and you're only taking one- one that is very magical and shouldn't be destroyed because you overused it in your younger years and either lost the magic or did some kind of damage to your brain.

You don't think lsd, mushrooms, mescaline, 2c-x, dmt, etc etc will help?