• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

advice needed with kratom

invisigone

Greenlighter
Today I got 3 grams of 15x kratom. I have not used it before and need to know what kind of dose to use, the info that I found on the search engine didn't help any. I'm not looking to get blasted, I only want to know how much I'm gonna need to hold WD symptoms off.

Last edited:
Well that would depend on what you were using before... but I suppose that around 500mg would be a good place

usually extracts suck unless you get from an extremely reliable source then they are decent, but still the best way to go is whole leaf or blends. i doubt you will feel much from the 3grams. take all and see how you feel. you say you are trying to stave off WD so your opiate tolerance is probably high which will affect how much you feel the kratom.

kratom usually feels like a lower dose of hydrocodone mixed with a little tramadol to me.

usually extracts suck unless you get from an extremely reliable source then they are decent, but still the best way to go is whole leaf or blends. i doubt you will feel much from the 3grams. take all and see how you feel. you say you are trying to stave off WD so your opiate tolerance is probably high which will affect how much you feel the kratom.

kratom usually feels like a lower dose of hydrocodone mixed with a little tramadol to me.

Taking it all at once isn't gonna postpone wds for long tho still gonna suck homie. salvia was good for postponing wds too if u desperate

I can attest, I bought some of this stuff today to see if it worked better than suboxone..nope..didnt work for more than 20 minutes.. bs waste of money

1000mg would be good to start.. im a recovering oxy user and i got the 3 ounce bags of powdered maeng da kratom. worked great... but it really depends on what you were using... if its heroin.... GOOD LUCK

man, anyone that has not had the GOOD SHIT, plain bali micronized kratom. EVERY other kind, including all extract, have SUCKED. No wonder people say kratom is shit. I get my kratom from the same guy for years cause its always (occasionally a weaker batch) good, half a scoop (being a TEAspoon , not tablespoon) with no opiate tolerance is enough to feel a little something, 3-4 of these and i'm way higher (and much better buzz, closer to oxy) than 40mg hydrocodone.. i know this, tried it, BALI BALI BALI its the best. I've gotten someone off suboxone with bali kratom. It gets -everyone high- (except one girl, but out of all the people i know she is like one of those 2+2=5's doesn't make sense i'd say 1% dont get high off it. Also if your using heroin heavily stuff like that it still will -DESTROY- all w/d with a few scoops, if that doesn't work try 7, if not try 10. If that doesn't work, then you got the bali from the wrong place and it sucks, or you are one of those people that just don't react for some reason and might as well just give up and go thru the pain for a week and be done with it...

I have gone thru a bunch of oxycodone recently and i will say, the high is better, but, heroin sucks cause of the nod (the part i hate the most, i don't 'get' being forced to keep your eyes open why that is fun), and i like oxy cause it gives you energy... just like bali kratom. Every other kind i've had, even from same vendor, is not only harder to get down (always worst taste) but it does almost nothing with a ton of scoops. Or when your high, the high sucks (like indo, IMO, twice the dose and 1/2 the good)

Get micronized plain old BALI kratom, from a good source. I don't know if its against the rules to say a source for something legal, but i always tell friends go to this dude, and get just the bali forget the other kinds of kratom. The types that have more 'stimulation' its to me, (but i'm used to amphetamines) is more like yohimbine or something crappy like that it just adds extra side effects.

Bali is = excellent if its a good batch. I've had samples of every other type out there probably, i've been so happy with my vendor that i haven't even looked to see if there are better prices. He's the guy that always gives you like 320g when you order 280g, once i got 1300g instead of a kilo, but sometimes its just 1100 etc. Look for that dude, and its cheap to me so i kinda just assume anyone with WAY lower prices (like half) its just got to be crap then. So i don't bother. Send me a PM if you really need to know or if a mod can send one just to say i'm allowed to say the name of the place, USA based, nothing close to shady or grea area on the site, just botanicals. 5 letters long is the main name if i can say that? I have no benefit by telling anyone, i happen to live like, 2 miles away which is nice i always get it next day (but he's offered to deliver, he did to a friend of mine). I only recommend it cause its good, i bet why most hate kratom if they would just put up BALI on the front page, people wouldn't get the crappy stuff red vein, blah blah dont remember. lol. I stick to what is proven to work for years.

man, anyone that has not had the GOOD SHIT, plain bali micronized kratom. EVERY other kind, including all extract, have SUCKED. No wonder people say kratom is shit. I get my kratom from the same guy for years cause its always (occasionally a weaker batch) good, half a scoop (being a TEAspoon , not tablespoon) with no opiate tolerance is enough to feel a little something, 3-4 of these and i'm way higher (and much better buzz, closer to oxy) than 40mg hydrocodone.. i know this, tried it, BALI BALI BALI its the best. I've gotten someone off suboxone with bali kratom. It gets -everyone high- (except one girl, but out of all the people i know she is like one of those 2+2=5's doesn't make sense i'd say 1% dont get high off it. Also if your using heroin heavily stuff like that it still will -DESTROY- all w/d with a few scoops, if that doesn't work try 7, if not try 10. If that doesn't work, then you got the bali from the wrong place and it sucks, or you are one of those people that just don't react for some reason and might as well just give up and go thru the pain for a week and be done with it...

I have gone thru a bunch of oxycodone recently and i will say, the high is better, but, heroin sucks cause of the nod (the part i hate the most, i don't 'get' being forced to keep your eyes open why that is fun), and i like oxy cause it gives you energy... just like bali kratom. Every other kind i've had, even from same vendor, is not only harder to get down (always worst taste) but it does almost nothing with a ton of scoops. Or when your high, the high sucks (like indo, IMO, twice the dose and 1/2 the good)

Get micronized plain old BALI kratom, from a good source. I don't know if its against the rules to say a source for something legal, but i always tell friends go to this dude, and get just the bali forget the other kinds of kratom. The types that have more 'stimulation' its to me, (but i'm used to amphetamines) is more like yohimbine or something crappy like that it just adds extra side effects.

Bali is = excellent if its a good batch. I've had samples of every other type out there probably, i've been so happy with my vendor that i haven't even looked to see if there are better prices. He's the guy that always gives you like 320g when you order 280g, once i got 1300g instead of a kilo, but sometimes its just 1100 etc. Look for that dude, and its cheap to me so i kinda just assume anyone with WAY lower prices (like half) its just got to be crap then. So i don't bother. Send me a PM if you really need to know or if a mod can send one just to say i'm allowed to say the name of the place, USA based, nothing close to shady or grea area on the site, just botanicals. 5 letters long is the main name if i can say that? I have no benefit by telling anyone, i happen to live like, 2 miles away which is nice i always get it next day (but he's offered to deliver, he did to a friend of mine). I only recommend it cause its good, i bet why most hate kratom if they would just put up BALI on the front page, people wouldn't get the crappy stuff red vein, blah blah dont remember. lol. I stick to what is proven to work for years.

This fella said a lot of what I have to say, except for the whole vendor part.

Bali kratom is the way to go no matter what you're trying to use kratom for. Maeng Da and similar Thai strains are almost always disappointing, even when I take them expecting just stimulation. You feel the typical kratom effects, with perhaps a tad more wakefulness, but it just makes you feel teased in the euphoria sense especially if you've had good bali kratom. I've tried pretty much every different strain, I was even a tester for a certain vendor so I got to try out and feedback on new strains, blends, extracts, isolates, and I still technically am actively a tester for this vendor so I still get to try out new stuff all the time. Having said that, bali has always been and always will be the most effective strain for me, and this seems to be the unanimous opinion. I've tried alternating strains to help with tolerance, and alternating to another strain was almost exactly like simply taking a day off completely, because it would just pale in comparison to my normal bali dose.

I have never been addicted to hardcore opiates like heroin, morphine or oxycodone, however I did have a several-month-long binge with poppy pod tea, which I stopped abruptly and stayed opioid free for several months. Even so, this binge seemed to permanently raise my opiate tolerance, because even after months and months of abstinence, the first time I munched down 25mg hydrocodone since then, I didn't feel a damn thing. :( Currently, I get my hands on a little oxycodone every now and then, and it takes at least 30mg oral on an empty stomach for me to get anything enjoyable, and insufflating oxy in doses less than 15mg is pointless. Having said this, my opioid tolerance is clearly moderately high. I dose on at about 8g of bali kratom daily, occasionally with 400mg cimetidine to potentiate, and I still get some euphoria from it. Granted, at this point, having used kratom daily for quite some time, my tolerance to it has also gotten extremely high, and I am in dire need of a solid break. Every now and again I take a day break from kratom, and the next day when I dose up if ecstatically euphoric, like my tolerance had dropped to half!

What I'm trying to say is that BALI kratom in it's plain crushed or powdered leaf form is a true gift from nature, any other strain OR any extract, tincture, isolate, capsule, or ANY form other than PLAIN LEAF is inferior, a waste of money, not the full experience, and more addicting somehow... :?

Let us know what opiates you abused most often, ROA, what your frequency was and the dosage you normally used. Even though I never used heroin, I still think kratom can be thoroughly helpful to a person who has abused heroin. Kratom does other things besides JUST tickle your opioid receptors, that's what makes it feel so different yet so familiar. Just because you are used to the opiate-like effects doesn't mean you can't benefit from the unique kratom effects. :)

Let us know what your usage was so we can help you find the right remedy.

many thanks for all the tips :)

my usage is: 120-180mg morphine extended release (generally 120) and ~440mg dhc in a 24 hour period, obviously not in a single dose.

i have taken your advice and ordered some bali kratom as well, i am not planning on quitting the opiates (a car crash saw to that) i want to take a break from them or drop the quantity.

i don't know if weight/height make any difference, i am 6'2" 210 lbs

I got like an oz of the 15x extract and a gram will help as long as were talking prescription opiates, as for heroin hydrocodone will hardly help

the extracts are a rip off, just buy the powdered leaves. and don't make tea, just eat it. i like bali.