• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea is legitimate - How to make it work for you.

^I have read conflicting reports on the boiling point of morphine. My understanding is long periods of time above a certain amount damage the morphine, but I have also read places that said heat doesn't affect it. Heat does help with the extraction however.

----I would only boil later washes from the same batch. Seems most effective following this logic.

I can vouch for PST. Very strong, and worthwhile high. Last for many hours.

It's all about getting the right seeds, using the right preparation, and regulating tolerance.

The best way to get the most out of Poppies is by potentitating the tea. This allows you better regulate the dosage for safety, and cost, while still getting a desirable high. I just posted this in another thread and I will copy it over here..

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For seeds, or even pods, soak/stir/shake in water and lemon juice for 30 minutes. Then strain. Make sure to drink slowly.

Important- Do several washes. It may take three for full dose.

The best thing you can do is potentiate.

Tonic Water - Contains quinine. Enzyme inhibition. Makes it last longer. Makes high cleaner and stronger.

White Grapefruit Juice- Same.

Tums- Increases duration and helps absorption.

Lopramide- Acts as an opiate itself. The above potentiators allow it cross the blood-brain barrier for pain killing/euphoria. Moreso, they fill opiate receptors in the stomach, making the poppy dose more overwhleming to your system. Increases duration and strength.

Tagamet- Enzyme inhibition. Increases strength and duration.

Valerian Root- Specifically interacts with enyzmes. Also, is a natural benzo. Takes 60 minutes to triple strength.

Capascin- Habenero Peppers/ Cayenne Pepper- Enzyme inhibition. Also, increases absorption in blood. Releases endorphins to boost euphoria. Eliminates constipation.

Be very very careful. Test low doses first and drink slowly. Poteniators will allow much smaller amounts to be much stronger for very cheap.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

%)

Last edited:
I just thought I'd chime in here with a little info for you all. After reaserching poppy tea, and which seeds are typically strongest I landed on the Afgan variety. According to my source, these may be some of the strongest. But were still only number 3 on the list. Ebay carries a variety of things that can be purchased and made into something you would enjoy. (hoping I found a loophole ;) Look for organic, unwashed seeds and you should be fine. However, don't get your hopes up. I've had good and bad seeds. Of course, I have a moderate tolerance, so it takes a bit for me to feel that nice warm glow and love for humanity. Also, it cannot be overstated that this is dangerous and addictive. Withdraws are like the flu x10 and can be unbearable. Everything in moderation is the best philosophy to have when dealing with addictive things. Don't chug any new tea brewed from untested seeds. Take it slow, and know your limits. I typically use 2lbs to brew, and I only drink a quarter of what I make to start. After an hour or so if you feel you can handle more, drink about another 8th of the brew. That should help to avoid any unpleasant or fatal events from happening. Be safe, be smart.

Would crushing / grinding the seeds beforehand help with extraction?

as much as would like this thread to disappear - i would do anything to prevent my beloved seeds from becoming unattainable - in short, no, you don't want to grind the seeds as the morphine is in the latex coating on the outside of the seed.

I used to make poppy pod tea years ago. I forgot how to do it by now, but I had a nice source that delivered a beautiful batch of pods I would grind up. I noticed the price for her pods kept getting higher because more people must have caught on. I would grind the pods and forgot how to do the rest, but lemon juice was a factor. The result was a disgusting thick muddy brown "tea" that made me gag a few times. But once you gulp down a big cup of it, you melt into the bed. Pure bliss!

I also noticed a difference in the "high". Some highs didn't feel that great. Some felt more heady and others felt more like a body high and uncomfortable. Depends on the pods I guess. Great stuff though. I stopped years ago. Got sick of paying a lot for pods. Never tried the seeds. Seems like pods would be a whole lot stronger and worth the time.

well, seeds are weak compared to pods...every summer i go and collect about 2 hand fulls, grind dem up and then just gulp down the mush with some downer...hits fast and last long. that's how i like it. tea taste is just too nasty i will not even bother with it anymore, and besides u get most out of those pods when eating them. also im talking about fresh pods , so the high is much better than dried ones imo.
also i agree that some pods give u a better high and others make you feel just heavy and kinda shitty in stomach , with minor good effects like sedation and so on...
also the methods described somewhere to use 5 pods imho is A FUCKING JOKE. could feel maybe a slight buzz, that's it with just 5 pods lol...i usually need at least 25- 30+ medium sized ones...and if im on a bender, forget about it, i can easily gulp down 60 + pods made into mushy .
anyway, my suggestion is dont fuck with dem the seeds. get dem pods when the time of the year is right and blast away. and remember to sow some for next year as well.

As your tolerance grows, you need more pods. Sometimes I would nod so hard from tea, I'd get paranoid and convince myself I was about to die. I had 4 10 mg Norcos last night and couldn't keep my eyes open to save my life, kept nodding. That's what good tea is like.

I just found a few blue seeds from poppy pods I used years ago. It probably won't do jack shit,but it's all I have. I put it in one of those protein shake cups, put water on top and shook it for a few minutes. I found a great piece of material to put over the spout and get only the liquid out without the tiny seeds. I added the liquid to a smoothie I made.

ok guys first post on here and i would just like to say that the goodies are within th walls of the pod i knew this dude that would poke a little hole with his thumb pour out the seeds then crunch up the pods in there hands to fine peices 3 to 5 is a good start a little lamon juice in there cover in a pan of water and simmer. some lemon juice realyy helps the exrtaction i think sround 60-70'c untill nicely stewed then out of the pot into a caffeterre this saves drinking bits but crutialy you can squeeze that poppy pulse and get ll the juices out
so im told

I would be very careful about trying this stuff - there have been reported deaths from misuse of this product and the w/ds are allegedly much longer than you would get from doing heroin or fentanyl [sp].

Last edited:
This is good advice!

I would be very careful about trying this stuff - there have been reported deaths from misuse of this product and the w/ds are allegedly much longer than you would get from doing heroin or fentanyl [sp].
I just went through 5 days of some of my worst withdrawals ever from PST. My source screwed up the shipping. I just got my seeds and after 3 gulps on 3/4lb of seeds, I almost could not stand up. I am about 30 minutes in now, and feel pretty damn good. I was drinking it 3 times a day. About 1 1\2 lbs a day. I was happily surprised how little it took. But the withdrawals were like when I quite 100mg of methadone cold turkey. I actually ended up in the hospital for 6 weeks after being in WD's for two weeks. I ended up having a severe acute pancreatitis attack. I hadn't had a drink in a month. Used to drink heavily on methadone. Still not exactly sure what caused the pancreatitis. I almost died. Was in ICU for first week.
Anyway, that's just a lil background info. If you have an addictive personality, stay away. It's extremely addictive and withdrawals are a b@#$h! Haven't slept in 5 days. Looking forward to sleeping tonight. You shouldn't try it anyway BC it IS ILLEGAL in most places. Plus you need a trustworthy source to buy from.
If you do try it, drink small amounts. Like one gulp and wait 15 minutes.

Been seeing news stories left and right of people OD'ing and dying on them. Always high school or college kids of course. They'll be forced to be washed soon enough unfortunately.

potency can def vary between sellers and sometimes even with the same seller.
the unwashed seeds i get from ebay are of the tasmanian variety and the source has been pretty consistent with potency so far.
normally i only have to rock about 4oz or so to get where i wanna be.
normally (but not always) decent indicators of how strong they are are dark color and bitter taste (the more the stronger).

^ pst with little to no alkaloids, tastes like shit and can be just as dark, not a very good indicator.

- HS...

Does anyone mix Kool aid into the strained liquid to help with the taste? I do and it still works well, just wondering if it affects the potency... Anyone have a response to this?

It wouldnt do anything to affect it, besides make it taste better lol.

- Hopeless..

I havent reat this thread yet. I was looking for a place to post this and this thread fits the bill...

BE CAREFUL WITH PST.

i began using PST feb 2015 as a legal and arguably healthier alternative to opiate pharms which i have been using recreationally for 8-10 years. Like many users i tried a variety of drugs and opiates just gave me what i wanted. It got to the point that i didnt even like other drugs without opiate. Eventually i gave up all other drugs, including a 10 year addiction to pot. (Whether or not pot is physically addictive is another story. I HAD to bave it.

Anyway i prefer the lemon juice extraction method of rinsing zeeds. With very potent batches i would 2nd rinse with water.

I am a 250lb 6'5" male. 35 years old but my tolerance is fairly low. I would generally enjoy an opiate high on 1 -10mg oxy. Maxed out at 4 a day, which was expensive enough. I withdrawaled from pills upwards of 20 times in my life. I used to watch train spotting and identify with Ewan McGregor's character during his detox. How quaint.

Ive never done H. Only rarely tried oxycontin. Usually is break the lowest dose pill into quarters and be great. Anyway.

All this to say ive been steadily using PST for 15 months with only 2 instances of barely trying to detox only to give up without much effort. I justified it becauze i have a fairly high pressure job and couldnt risk losing it. Well ive been married 3+ years and just had a baby. My wife is aware of addiction and very supportive but i recognize that its time to kick this. Ive been tapering for 3+ weeks and thought i was ready to eliminate, being Memorial Day weekend. I have never felt the kind of pain i experienced this morning when withdrawals began. I tried for hours to muscle through but by some rare form of luck we happen to have 2 separate kinds of opioid pharms in the house as well as plenty of remqining seeds. My thought process was that id get clean and only irregularly use. Im an optimizt. It remains to be seen if i have the stones to have that shit around me and only use occasionally.

All this to say that PST is the real deal. I got my seeds first from amazon but ive been buying from a website directly for months and theyre great....if youre looking for seeds youd have to be Sincerely Nuts....ahem.....

So back to my withdrawal....my wife came into the room and saw me shaking and sweating and brought me a half of a 5 mg oxycodone. That stopped the worst shakes but it was still awful so she gave me another half. After 2 hours more of agony i relented and made a small batch of tea to resume tapering. I realized i wasnt as close as i thought i was. PST, even the weakest (unwashed) batch that ive had, could annihilate small opioid pills.heavier doses turned me from someone that never fell asleep with specific parameters being met to someone who would doze off watching tv. I swear, in my life ive never fallen asleep in front of the tv until 6-8 months ago.

So im feeling better as i write this. No shakes. RLS is all but gone. No buzz but after this morning i feel much better. I WILL kick this shit. Its just gonna take longer that i thought.

To any out there that havent tried PST....do it....but be careful. There have been deaths from OD. Start very small. This aint you Drs pharms. I dont know how this compares to H but ive read that PST is especially strong and dangerous because it is not an opioid derivitive...its basically residue from the original goodness.

I intend to report back as i continue withdrawal. If i dont, i hope that doesnt mean im still using. Take care

Sorry for the typos. Small phone..

I want to clarify that i thought it was quaint that i considered hydro WD to the H withdrawal in Trainspotting. I was a rere.....ok thanks

OK, i read the thread so I want to add a couple things. Ive never done pods, but the tea is AMAZING. Ive tried many different methods, with the best being the easiest. Put 3+ cups of seeds in an old juice bottle, cover with pure lemon juice to half an inch over the seeds. Shake. Strain after 15+ minutes. Thats it. People complain about drinking pure lemon juice....its not that bad. It hides the bitterness and has the added bonus of giving you tons of vitamin C. Obviously chase with water to avoid ulcers.

Thats it. First time i read about it i thought people were crazy. As someone who couldnt let pills stay in the house without eating them all.....i have had a bottle of oxycodone in my house for 2 months and it hasnt been tempting. Also no acetaminophen in the tea...i do wonder about herbicides/pesticides but havent had any side effects with 15 months of straight use.

I tried this many years ago with.....less than satisfactory results, to say the least.

I often wondered about other alkaloids making their way into the solution, and potential adverse effects of them? Noscapine, Thebaine...etc. I mean Codeine and Morphine are what you want, but what's to say the seeds we're buying aren't from some similar species of the poppy which only produces Morphine & Codeine at sub-therapeutic levels, but still yields plenty of Thebaine or whatever?

There's just too many unknowns for me to seriously consider PST as a way to manage my ills.

And if its weak enough that i'm going to have to "potentiate" it with like 9 other fucking medications....I mean it's just not worth my time or money. I need consistent, reliable, effective pain relief. I want pain relief that isn't going to require 10, or even 4 different substances.

It almost seems like by the time you get done with all of this you could've just gotten some pills...from a doctor or otherwise....lord Knows seeds can't be much cheaper, at least not in the quantities needed..
Am I wrong here?