• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea is legitimate - How to make it work for you.

It almost seems like by the time you get done with all of this you could've just gotten some pills...from a doctor or otherwise....lord Knows seeds can't be much cheaper, at least not in the quantities needed..
Am I wrong here?

I know we arent aloud to discuss price and source but i will say, i have been using straight for 15 months. In that time ive purchased roughly 1 - 5lb bag per week online, using less than a lb of seeds per day. The source I buy from guarantees unwashed seeds and they have varied from 'much stronger than codeine' to 'i will ruin your life.' And the cost is cheaper per dose than a script without insurance.

Reading through this thread again, is 2 lbs of unwashed seeds not enough? What's the appropriate amount to have?

Ok. I have 2 pounds of seeds. 1 pound each. I'm not opiate naive, but it sure seems like it takes a lot of seeds to get the job done. Did you say you use a pound and a half of seeds? Or maybe I misunderstood. One person says he uses 3+ cups, that sounds better. I'm glad it feels like oxy. I hurt my knee recently and can use some pain relief.

That's ok. I understand. I might use less than a pound per cup. I should know it's actually morphine since I used to use pods to make tea. Just not used to seeds.

So my shipment arrived today. I put a pound of seeds in a 2 liter bottle. Filled it up with water a bit past the seeds. Poured a lot of lemon juice in it and shook it up for 15 minutes. I unscrewed the top just a little so the liquid could pour out without the seeds coming out too. My liquid is light as fuck. Maybe that's because of the lemon juice. Anyone else have really light tea liquid because of lemon juice?

I just did a second rinse of the seeds and about to pour more into a cup again. I just drank the first cup so I don't know when this will kick in. Now I'm about to strain a second cup. I better chill and wait a bit though. Don't want to drink too much.

I feel nice and relaxed, but I could feel a lot better. At first I thought 1 pound of seeds might be too much, but it's not. I'm thinking about opening the other bag and maybe doing half of it. Now I see why someone said they did a pound and a half,

Just noticed my scalp is itching like crazy.

So I went through 2 pounds of seeds. I'm catching myself nodding on and off.

Poppy Pod Tea is still stronger though in comparison. But the seeds are quicker to fix. Now I know I'll have to buy more than 2 pounds next time.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much talking to myself in this thread, but I just ordered 5 pounds of unwashed seeds. It's weird, but after drinking tea all day yesterday, I woke up with a "glow" today. I felt like I was in a good mood. I also slept very well! A deep, peaceful sleep was a relief because I've been suffering from insomnia for weeks.

So I know the DEA doesn't allow you to buy a certain poppy pod So I saw several sites selling poppy pod are any of the these poppy pods useable for the tea? Also is growing poppy pods as simple as buying poppy seeds and planting them in soil?

No. You need to be in the right area with the right soil. Part of the problem is the seeds are tiny and you will need to thin the shoots. Google the technique.

I tried the tea this weekend and it works, but the high is super itchy for me and feels kind of "dirty" compared with pods. Can you still buy the pods online? I see sites advertising them.

I used to buy pods online years ago. It cost over <snip> and the price went up because people were catching on. Poppy seeds are so inexpensive and you get the exact same nod like the pods. I bought a 10 pound bag of unwashed seeds and it worked so well. I could tell they were unwashed because they were dirty and when I made the tea, it was a really dark yellow/brownish color. Disgusting looking, but when you add lemon juice it makes it easier to drink. I was nodding like a motherfucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to buy pods online years ago. It cost over <snip> and the price went up because people were catching on. Poppy seeds are so inexpensive and you get the exact same nod like the pods. I bought a 10 pound bag of unwashed seeds and it worked so well. I could tell they were unwashed because they were dirty and when I made the tea, it was a really dark yellow/brownish color. Disgusting looking, but when you add lemon juice it makes it easier to drink. I was nodding like a motherfucker.

Price discussion is not allowed

Poppy Seed Tea Works..Hit or Miss.

what you said. yes. +1
do not buy seeds from the grocery. buy them online. you'll know theyre unwashed if there are bits of the pod in with the seeds, and the smell should be strong and earthy.
i love PST. in fact i think its a better then oxy.

Yea man Poppy Seed tea has saved me from many a nasty withdrawal. You are exactly right about the quality of the seeds. Bulk are generally better I have bought bulk seeds that got me rocked all day. T<snip>. They steam them they cant wash them it would ruin them . Anyway I just was sitting here going thru a superbad opiate and benzo withdrawal you know, no energy, shaky,sweating no appetite. Chills Hot then cold hot, cold i couldn't stand it. Theres a grocery store about a 10 min walk from my house so . And was wondering if I should get deessed and walk over there and see. Figured nothing to lose. I'm like I risk it and go there and see what they have. The store only had those real expensive tiny jars. I was geeking bad at this point ..then I saw a guy working jn the bakery. The store was close to closing 9pm so he was getting ready to leave, I could tell he was closing up, most lights out. So I asked him if he could help me find some of the seeds in the bigger containers. He came out from the bakery and we're both digging through all the spices in the bakery section. Then he asks how much I was looking to buy. . He's like looks like sold out someone bought all the bigger containers. He's like I can just get some from the back and put them in a container if you want. Knowing the bulk seeds are usually always waaayy better I was like, okay. I thought for about a second and said, Could I get 2 pounds? He's like yea sure no problem. I had to buy lemkn juice also. Man that was a deal. I got back to my house and I am so glad I chose to go out cuz I was so sick I did not feel like moving. Well I made the tea when I got back to my house and when I pour it out It was that nice yellowish hint of brown color that you want and looks sometime can be deciving so when I tasted it I man it was bitter, strong. I didnt care I drank it right down. Chased it with some of that Emergen-C orange powdered drink thingys. And 20 mins later Im back to normal...beyond normal. These are some of the better seeds I've got in a while. I think because harvest season is here so everything is fresh. I AM not sick anymore . And I am glad I went out cuz I almost didn't and then, I'm lucky I opened my mouth and asked someone because I almost never do. I got some really good seeds l, for next to nothing . Im not sick and enough to last for a few days. Ill prob go back and buy more. lol.
I was just gonna keep sitting here feeling sick and sorry for myself but i am Sooo glad i decided to go out.
Yea. Poppy seed tea works. Its the seeds tou get that matter and don't use too much water not hot, luke warm and somerhing acidic lemon juice, vitamin C. It gives it a nice boost. Well I just wanted to share that. Be safe and dont geek.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the danger if I chose to constantly indulge in poppy seed tea so I stopped. My real vice at the time were benzos so poppy tea was only something I tried a week or so at a time. It works extremely well, but I haven't had it in months and I am honestly over it. I would urge people who are feeling sick when they don't have it, to try to get off of it.

Buy Kratom when you notice you get sick without poppy tea. I would even recommend Kratom if you're going through withdrawals from any other opiate. It gets rid of withdrawals and it's safer than using poppy seed tea which is much stronger, it's basically like heroin. At least taking Kratom will keep you off the tea (or any other opiate). I can't imagine it's fun being a slave to poppy seeds. I'm just glad I didn't get hooked. I saw where it was going though if I chose to keep up with it. Be safe because I can't stress enough you're gambling with your life on it, especially newbies who have no tolerance and don't know how much to take. There is no real answer on how much to take and you could easily end up dead. Even people who feel invincible because they have a high tolerance to opiates could end up dead. Tread carefully.

Last edited:
Just thought i'd mention that there are brands where just ONE CUP about 150g is enoughh for a nod dose, and some people take a half cup of this stuff for pain relief equal to some pills. Starting at a pound is insanity. if you've been doing it a while and can tell by the bitter taste and look etc that's one thing but i notice there's a 'standard strength" which seems to be most seeds (the unwashed or unsteamed, usually dark blue or blackish) which requires 0.5-1.5lbs and then you got mega strength seeds that cost the same where just a cup of the stuff makes you pass out.

Poppy seeds always gave me energy, and i coudln't even sleep on them if they were in my system much. But these stronger brands make me pass out (the nod, i'm not a fan of the nod i like to be up and turbocharged, oxycodone gives me energy) and the buzz feels more sedating. Guessing its more morphine. Also i've noticed brand stability, or resellers that stock many brands at once and they switch them up or mix them so the person gets a stable dose (and charge a fee for doing it)

Yes, 1 pound of the super strong brand could be deadly. When I first started using them, I bought some weak brand because I didn't know any better so I did use like 2 pounds. When I found the strongest brand, I only use 1 cup. Never ever a pound. I started not liking nodding. It didn't feel good anymore. Sometimes it feels weird. There's a mixture of different chemicals so sometimes it feels crappy and other times decent. I can see why pain sufferers would find it helpful, but just for a "high", I don't care for it.