• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Serious Warning about Ethylphenidate aka Ethylcaine - Danger to your testicles?!

osmotic pressure strong enough to suck the water right out of his testicles! oh my god!

(note: I could be wrong--I have not taken chemistry formally.)

ebola

You're still much better at explaining it than me, so thank you for the correction. I really shouldn't try and talk science at 2am on the tail end of Adderall run. 8(

It the most simplest terms, the salt of a strong acid and a weak base will be slightly acidic in solution, and the salt of a weak acid and strong base will be slightly basic.

Thank you for reminding me about this, I keep running across the explanation of it all when I decide to play around yet keep forgetting it when I could actually use it.

Ive had this happen when I was using kratom, which maybe was affecting blood pressure, and lots of beer. Iwould blame it on the hormonal effects of these drugs and its relation to blood pressure.

Epididymal hypertension could be a potential cause for the pain. Smooth muscle cells in the Ductus epididymidis will contract due to sympathic activity and most dopaminergic stimulants are known to increase libido through a central mechanism as well, causing seminal fluid to build up.
I'm not too familiar with the physiology of sexual arousal, but it sounds relatively plausible. Maybe a small dose of Clonidine could attenuate the pain?

@benze
Are you living sexuallly abstinent or some shit? Or maybe you were inable to masturbate due to lack of privacy when you've administered the substance? I'm sure you would've mentioned that detail if you were... Nonetheless, you could try getting rid of the pain by ejaculating. I'm curious if that would help.
Maybe ethylphenidate has particularly strong peripheral side effects, maybe it's distribution is different from other stimulants, maybe you have some receptor variation in your epididymal smooth muscle cells that it can bind to, maybe some metabolite does, maybe I'm just on the wrong track...
Either way, this shit can hurt like a motherfucker, I've experienced it twice. Funnily enough, I was on e one of those times and on amphetamine the other time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_balls

Last edited:
generic username said:
You're still much better at explaining it than me, so thank you for the correction. I really shouldn't try and talk science at 2am on the tail end of Adderall run.

I was wrong, though. And hey: stimulant binges are a great time to chat about pharmacology (if I advocated otherwise, I'd be a hypocrite :p).

ebola

I get muscle spasms that refer pain to the testicles, it can be quite severe. Stimulants seem to bring this on, and/or make the pain way worse, especially DRIs.

I think the "blue balls"-theory might be an explanation. It's not actually necessary to be sexually abstinent for a long time. Extended erections without ejaculation causes it pretty quickly.
And it really hurts a lot. On the other hand, how to maintain an erection for a long time on a large dose of stims?

Wow my first post on bluelight ever is about erections. Sad.

So let's briefly return to the topic of ROA. I find nasal to work way better than alternatives but it really gives nosebleeds. So I dissolved it in water with a bit of salt and put it in a nasal inhaler. It works well and doesn't burn at all. But then I only use a 20mg/ml concentration. Still only 10mg taken this way gives a short nice buzz. You can also easily titrate the dose you want for stimulation this way.

if i (would) want a stimulant, i (would) get an oz of street amphetamine from a trusted source, meaning it should be above 10% "purity" lol. Then just basify, pull with diethylether. id dry that, dissolve it in acetone (anhydrous or not, doesnt really make a huge difference in output), slowly drop some orthophosphoric acid in (again, the water doesnt really hurt much, you can still repeat the procedure after evapping the last but of acetone) and see beautiful crystals pop up out of nowhere. wash this a few times or clean by other means and enjoy your pure amphetamine phosphate. :) that would result in a price of <30eur per g here in germany.

Would you try to get a caffeine cut out by washing with acetone beforehand or try to seperate it from amphetamine-base by adjusting pH of the aqueous phase?

I asked myself why you would want to have the phosphate salt and found this from the patent:

Monobasic Phosphate Of 1-Phenyl-2-Aminopropane by Theodore V. Goggia said:
"a quicker and more intense therapeutic action is assured. The action is also less persistent from the standpoint of cumulation that may result in a "hang-over" feeling. Based upon extensive experience in human therapy, I have determined that the monobasic amphetamine phosphate is more effective, dose for dose, than is the dibasic amphetamine sulfate, which is the best known of the amphetamine salts. This is indeed surprising, because my new salt contains less of the amphetamine base than does an equal quantity of the dibasic sulfate"
Coming from the guy who invented this, I am a bit sceptical towards these claims. Is there first-hand experience in the "less-hangover more intense" thing? Sounds interesting...
I'd really like to know more about the HCl salt though, it's supposed to be hygroscopic but smokable, I can't find reliable information because everybody confuses it with meth. I can't even find the MP.

Street speed in Europe is really a weird phenomenon: a disgusting soggy mess that smells like p2p and pee and has around 10% amphetamine content. I can't understand how nobody gets the idea to properly finish the synthesis and sell a pure product for a higher price? The worst thing however is when people think it's actually stronger if it's still wet and keep it religiously in the fridge to preserve its delightful disgustingness.

Imagine if the The Sun and the Daily Mail saw this.

Ahaha.

This is all speculation (the actual topic) though. I understand that someone has to be the first to discover side effects, but there are way too many generalizations for this to even make sense.

Nefiracetam contains a nasty-looking 2,6-xylidine motif. Ethylphenidate doesn't look nearly so ugly.

Plus, vasoconstriction plus anxiety and the placebo effect can be a powerful thing... However, regardless: if something is causing you discomfort, stop doing it. Just get one of the shitload of other RC stimulants, then.

It sounds like it's just messing with the blood flow. That's not too surprising, or worrisome. Just... know your limits. I can't by the rules recommend a replacement, but there are plenty.

I havn't had any noticable (or negative) physical effects from EP other than jitteryness and heart related stuff. Like beating fast, and feeling a bit "worn out" after a session and left with palpitations. I've used it on and off for a good few months, first time I got my hands on a gram after trying a sample I ended up staying up for two nights. Shaking, paranoid and scared. But I ain't going to blame EP for that, I blame me being so stupid as I was drinking to get rid of the anxiety.
Which is an odd thing... for me this chemical never use to induce anxiety so easily but now it does but with a huge stimulated feeling and mood lift. Perhaps it's because it's from a different supplier and powdered form and not crystals. But from what I've read about EP, tolerance builds up very fast. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case also cross tolerance could (I say could so I don't sound stupid) be effected by alcohol. Giving that's what it partially is.

Last edited:
I havn't had any noticable (or negative) physical effects from EP other than jitteryness and heart related stuff. Like beating fast, and feeling a bit "worn out" after a session and left with palpitations. I've used it on and off for a good few months, first time I got my hands on a gram after trying a sample I ended up staying up for two nights. Shaking, paranoid and scared. But I ain't going to blame EP for that, I blame me being so stupid as I was drinking to get rid of the anxiety.
Which is an odd thing... for me this chemical never use to induce anxiety so easily but now it does but with a huge stimulated feeling and mood lift. Perhaps it's because it's from a different supplier and powdered form and not crystals. But from what I've read about EP, tolerance builds up very fast. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case also cross tolerance could (I say could so I don't sound stupid) be effected by alcohol. Giving that's what it partially is.
No that does not make sense.
That's like saying: heroine is partially acetic acid, so vinegar gives you a tolerance to heroine.

How much do you use at a time? The only side effects I got from EP up to now was headache. But then I take really low doses (like 20mg bumps). Each one gives me a noticable buzz and I have not noticed a tolerance yet. I really don't take it for the stimulation but more for the almost coke-like buzz I get. I can easily sleep some hours later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate#Chemistry

The erythro isomers of the *phenidates are psycho-inactive vasoconstrictors. I wonder if that's the source of the trouble with most of the ethylphenidate that's going around? It doesn't surprise me that RC vendors wouldn't know anything about the isomeric content of their materials -- if the ethylphenidate you buy is made like old-school ritalin, it's 75% inactive vasoconstrictor and 12% stimulant.