• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid 8mg or Roxy 30mg

DuckEcho

Bluelighter
Out of the two, which is stronger when you snort? Are they about the same strength, even tho one is 8mg and one is 30mg?

Consider dilaudid's 50% intranasal BA, and that for best results, oxycodone is taken orally.

OD --> BDD

Consider dilaudid's 50% intranasal BA, and that for best results, oxycodone is taken orally.

OD --> BDD

What does od and bdd stand for?? Obviously overdose od can stand for but in the context I don't think that's it??

BDD is Basic Drug Discussion, we cover questions on dosage, effects, combinations and various other things. We're primarily a quick q&a forum. OD is Other Drugs and deals with more in depth queries, has megathreads (check the OD directory, link at the top of the forum) and tends to cover things like addiction, tapering, maintenance, IV complications etc. There is some overlap however :) In BDD you are encouraged to start your own thread, where as in OD it is good to post in the appropriate megathread if there is one.

Take a look at the opioid conversion chart here, and also the bioavailability megathread here. Compare hydromorphine (Dilaudid) and oxycodone (Roxicodone).

If you have any problems let us know :)

Those links helped alot TY. Didnt realize dilaudid (hydromorphone) was that much more effective intranasally

In my opinion only, roxi better than dilaudid. I have both of them, prefer the roxi, but that is just my own personal experience. I have a very high tolerance. If it were me, I'd split the roxi in half, swallow half and snort the other half for best results.

It means your post was moved from Other Drugs to Basic Drug Discussion

Hrm, I am slow on the draw this evening.

To me hydromorphone is only euphoric when it is injected, which is an incredibly pleasureful experience. But nasally or orally just do not have the euphoria I seek, whereas with oxycodone it is extremely euphoric when taken orally and nasally.......that being said, they have two different feelings. Hydromorphone can be a little more sedating and oxycodone a little more stimulating, oxy also seems to give me more of that warm-fuzzy body high I desire when taking an opiate.

Dilaudid is my favorite opiate, in all forms. I am not a huge fan of opiates in general. I used my medication for pain control. After using it for years and now tapering I get no euphoria whatsoever in any way shape or form from my medications. Not even if I take extra. For me there is virtually no recreational potential for my maitenence meds at normal doses, and I am trying to get off them gently......but the only times I was ever like 'OMG, this is fucking awesome' was when I was given dilaudid for severe pain. Morphine was boring, even IV, by comparison. Morphine and Fent are also a lot less effective for pain.

Nasally and even orally, I would take the 8mg of Dilaudid over the oxy. For somebody who is noob-ish, you can get two good doses from the Oxy at 30mg. You could get 2 strong doses from the Dilaudid nasally or under the tongue as well.

The 'cool' thing about oxy is its quasi stimulant effect, but then it just gets groggy at the upper levels as opposed to 'sleepy' like morphine.

Dilaudid has a heavier euphoria. It feels like a dirtier high, but very good. Its more 'downer' than oxy, but its not exactly sleepy like morphine. I didnt doze off when I was using Dilaudid and was able to stay awake and enjoy it, unlike morphine which I never enjoyed much.

Dilaudid is the most effective for pain, hands down (never tried Opana), and only moderate on the sedation scale. I would say its the most effective medication, even orally, for the most severe pain. I dont know if I could tapper from it as easily as Oxy or morphine, which I dont enjoy much, but if I was a doctor I would give it to cancer patients before knocking people out with morphine or using oxy which has a lower ceiling of effectiveness compared to dilaudid.

4mg Dialudid orally is similar to maybe 10-15mg oxy, depending on tolerance and personal chemistry. Nasally or sub-lingually it should be the better value to the oxy.

The good thing about oxy is that at the lower doses it leaves you functional, and some people like the quasi stimulant feeling at the sweet spot before the grog sets in. I dont think I could read or be as social on Diluadid compared to Oxy.

Edit: A complete noob might overdose on 15mg oxy. There was a time when 2 Vicodins would put me to sleep. 15mg is like 5.5 vicodins, which is too much for a noob. Be careful and stay safe. Being let down once in a while is better than not knowing your limits even once.

It depends on the ROA. If you are going to IV then you should go with the Dilaudid, but if you are going to take it orally then you shoud pick the Roxi.

I've heard that banging roxy or oxy gives more of an euphoric feeling than Dilaudid... anyone have any thoughts on this?

Not worried about snorting or plugging... that's wasting pills, imo

The two are pretty equipotent considering you sniff the 8mg dilaudid and eat the 30mg roxi. The peak effects might be a bit higher with the dilaudid, but the longer effects of the roxi make the roxi more desirable, unless you have a high tolerance in which the peak from the dilaudid may be worth it over the roxi.

I've heard that banging roxy or oxy gives more of an euphoric feeling than Dilaudid... anyone have any thoughts on this?

Not worried about snorting or plugging... that's wasting pills, imo

Nope. Banging oxycodone isn't really worth it. There's really no rush (only a few people say they get a little rush from it) and it doesn't last that long. The oral BA of oxycodone is very high, so you don't get that much more of the drug from IVing it, plus it doesn't last as long that way. The only benefit of IVing oxycodone is that the onset is faster, but that isn't worth it for most people, especially considering the dangers that come with IVing pills. Oxycodone is one of the few drugs that I know a lot of people that IV'd it that actually switched back to taking it orally. You can either get high for 3 hours from eating it, or get a little more high but only for half that time from IVing it.

What about morphine? If someone were to have access to these (Morphine Sulfate 100mg) after the dilly supply is gone. Do you know if it's the same way? They are ERs and kinda suck to prep, but not as bad as OPs

^ Well morphine is a whole different animal when IV'd compared to oral. However, I wouldn't recommend IVing them, especially those pills. Plugging them is probably the best way to go with them. Leave them in solution for 8+ hours, suck up into oral syring, and up the bum it goes. The oral BA of morphine is 20-40%, and the rectal BA is 36-71% so if you are at the low end of the oral BA spectrum and the high end of the rectal BA spectrum you would get over 3X the dose rectally. Keep these numbers in mind so that you don't overdo it. Even with IV the BA is 100% so all you would only need 1/4 of the oral dose you would normally take orally. It's not worth the dangers though, which is why plugging is better from a harm reduction standpoint.

The two are pretty equipotent considering you sniff the 8mg dilaudid and eat the 30mg roxi. The peak effects might be a bit higher with the dilaudid, but the longer effects of the roxi make the roxi more desirable, unless you have a high tolerance in which the peak from the dilaudid may be worth it over the roxi.

Nope. Banging oxycodone isn't really worth it. There's really no rush (only a few people say they get a little rush from it) and it doesn't last that long. The oral BA of oxycodone is very high, so you don't get that much more of the drug from IVing it, plus it doesn't last as long that way. The only benefit of IVing oxycodone is that the onset is faster, but that isn't worth it for most people, especially considering the dangers that come with IVing pills. Oxycodone is one of the few drugs that I know a lot of people that IV'd it that actually switched back to taking it orally. You can either get high for 3 hours from eating it, or get a little more high but only for half that time from IVing it.

For me the order of IV opiates (out of the ones I have tried) H > Oxy > Morphine > Suboxone > Methadone > Tramadol.
That's in terms of high and rush and even then I have had H thats shitter than oxy.

dilauded is my favorite opiate. i love evrything about it. the best way to take it is snorting it.and mixing oxy and dilauded is amazing. i love oxy but i feel like dil is more euphoric. and they are strong and cheap. all i needed was two 4mg pills

If you IV, go with the Dilaudid. If not, the oxy is a better bang for your buck.

I personally have a love affair with hydromorphone (dilaudid). nothing makes me feel loved like 9 mg of snorted hydromorph. occasionally I will inject it but I feel like I.V'ing it is sort of a waste because it just gives me that instant rush (which is awesome) but then the lingering opiate buzz only seems to last about a half hour at most. ive used both hydromorphone and oxycodone and between the 2 of them if I had the choice, hydromorph always wins. but that is just my opinion, and as you see a lot of people here like oxy better. it is all subjective and depends on what your preference is. but since you were asking opinions, my favorite is hydromorph. gives me a good amount of euphoria.