• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and Back Pain

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
This might belong somewhere else, but what can I say? OD is the only place I feel comfortable posting when I'm high.
So I've been doing meth for a awhile.
I often wind up hunched over a notebook or a laptop (i blame bluelight) for many many many hours without realizing it.
I usually experience back pain for a few days afterwards, and it's been increasing in severity lately, but it always goes away.

Anyways the last time i used (before tonight) was like friday or saturday or sunday and in the period where i was clean not only was my backpain more sever than ever but i started experiencing numbness. and here i am again. i've been hunched over this laptop for about the last five hours and the backpain is already setting in.

It's the numbness I'm concerned with.
I don't think your back is supposed to go numb.
I can't afford to have it checked out, so I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar experience?
Know about back stuff in general?

Thanks.

Back pain can mean a whole number of things. Kidney problems, Spinal problems etc. Posture is important to ease back pain so I would start by making sure whereever you are sat while high or on a computer you are sat straight, in no way hunched over. Also, when spending lots of time sitting down you should take regular breaks, get up and walk about for 5 minutes every hour (this is the sort of advice given to office workers to prevent injury).

However, is there not a free clinic you can visit? It is worth checking out because it is escalating.

I try to schedule times to get up but I get so preoccupied...
I'm a little concerned. I'm laying down and my back still hurts.
This is odd.
I usually don't notice the pain till I come down.
But I just did more dope and it's still hurting...

My lifestyle (dope/sleep/depressed/repeat) rarely allows for such luxuries like... god i'm an idiot.
Guess I better buck up and brave the public transit system in search of a free clinic. I don't know why I've never considered this, I guess I usually associate free clinics with disease testing and needle exchange. Bet there's more than a few in San Antonio. My left arm is partially numb from shooting up, I've had a wicked cough for over a month, the whole thing with meh genitalia, and now my back.

Pretty obvious solution I guess.
I'm gonna take your advice.
Thanks.

Some of it could be drug induced. I've had many a drug induced ailment before so don't panic unless you feel there is really something wrong. It might be time to chill out on the drugs though and go find a free clinic once you've sobered up.

I once had my mouth swell up after using RCs non stop all night. And had baby oil randomly bring me out in hives. Drugs do funny things to your body, especially if you're sleep deprived (i dont know if you are). If you feel its an emergancy go straight to a clinic, if not sober up so you can really assess the pain then go... you definately should go but it would be better if you could accurately assess your pain level and where it is located without drugs affecting it.

But you also really need to make those changes I suggested, because once you've been checked out it could all come down to being from that (better safe than sorry though!).

Your back hurts from sitting in one place too long, and the potential for dehydration while using meth is pretty high. Dehydrated = no water in muscles = aches. Anybody's back would probably be a bit uncomfortable sitting in the exact same position for five hours. The reason you feel the pain so much more when you're not using is because meth is definitely a pain reducer. I think it reduces pain way more than opiates, but that's just my opinion. I have very bad arthritis in my lower spine, with many other back issues, and using definitely helps me get around better.
Take some ibruprofin. Set an alarm for every 1 hr 30 mins to make yourself get up, even if just for a minute. Drink water.

As for the numbness - I have been using for a bit of time now and I experience numbness in different places throughout my whole body. My fingertips are way less sensitive and often numb. Large portions of my skin feel numb to the touch sometimes. I spoke to a neurologist, and he said that pure methamphetamine would not cause this, but the things used to cut meth would/could.

I have your exact list of complaints.

I completely have the same exact issues. Did you find out the deal? I'm nervous for my left arm. Horrifying. The meth diet was the worst idea I ever had.

Sitting in one spot hunched over something for 11-12 hours.

It's fucked up my posture completely.

I'm doing it right now and it's gonna hurt later
as a matter of fact

I suggest kundalini yoga...... or an inversion therapy thingy those things realy work i know people who where told they would never walk again and they are walking and use it.... but yeah chances are you got a pinched nerve in one of your viertabre try to let your back mucles relax if you cant get a massage from some one try a hot shower and then lay on a heating pad while occasionaly doing like a 5 or 10 min yoga sesh your back should start to feel better sorry didnt reasd it all cuz im fucking lit but if its upper back pain and presists give your lungs a break i poped a blood vessel in my lung once while on a hardcore meth binge lol it was gone in a month or so

edit :What lilpenguin said is also very important STAY HYDRATED it is also the cuse of meth mouth stop drinking soda and drink ALOT of water as you have probably been dehydrated for months if you are. saliva nutralizes acids caused by bacteria in your mouth meth does not rot your teeth not drinking water because your on meth does lol

lay on your stomach with lap top on floor to "tweak your-upper spine back but just try and keep a long angle curve when bending back as this can realy fuck you up if you cause a reverse curve above the vertebrae that are protruding twords your back you dont want your back to be like a z lol im not a doctor i just self medicate everything and it works because i know my body and what im feeling. try a glass of soda water with a tsp of baking soda NOT POWDER that has aluminum in it.... im talkingabout arm n hammer i drink it almost every day its a very good base and not toxic and lay down don't go back to blue light hunched over it will get rid of alot of the lactic acid built up in stressed mucles and help with the pain but lactic acid and pain is your body trying to stop you from hurting yourself anymore it got you to ask us how to help with your problem. so i hope you find a solution but numbing the pain is never good youll end up continuing the bad behavior causing the pain .So I highly doubt meth is the problem but it may be causing you to do what ever it is that is the problem if you drink plenty of water and eat enough to get proper vitamins and all that god shit it will take meth a long long time to rot your bones its your brain that meth takes but thats all relative to ones outlook on life and grip on relity

edit:when laying on stomach and on your laptop put a pillow under your chest and just rest on them dont stress your back anymore or lean on your elbows and fuck it pillows under your legs to so blood flows more in your upper body thats good for you right? lol like i said not a doc just trying to help you out so dont just trust me and blame me if you get fucked up if you take my advice do it because it seems logical to you and you belive it will work. believe it or not believing can be over half the solution you make your own reality

Last edited:
In my experience getting back pain from meth and other stimulants is quite common. It can make you tense your muscles (kinda like like the jaw clenching thing) and if you're spending a lot of time hunched in front of a computer that will definitely worsen it. Numbness is caused by pinched nerves. If the muscles apply too much pressure to a nerve it disrupts the nerve's function causing pain, tingling and numbness. You can help relieve it with things like massage and yoga.

This might belong somewhere else, but what can I say? OD is the only place I feel comfortable posting when I'm high.
So I've been doing meth for a awhile.
I often wind up hunched over a notebook or a laptop (i blame bluelight) for many many many hours without realizing it.
I usually experience back pain for a few days afterwards, and it's been increasing in severity lately, but it always goes away.

Anyways the last time i used (before tonight) was like friday or saturday or sunday and in the period where i was clean not only was my backpain more sever than ever but i started experiencing numbness. and here i am again. i've been hunched over this laptop for about the last five hours and the backpain is already setting in.

It's the numbness I'm concerned with.
I don't think your back is supposed to go numb.
I can't afford to have it checked out, so I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar experience?
Know about back stuff in general?

Thanks.

that's ^ your problem. solution? don't do that.

Ya when I did meth back in the day, my back would usually ache during and for a day or so after, even if I wasn't hunched over a computer for hours or obsessively cracking my back and neck. But it always went away by the next day. I used to slam it too but I only did it 2-3 times a week and usually only .2 to.3 in a session. But with heavy chronic use I could defintly see it cause lasting back pain. That shit eats away at you.

Because I know your injection technique, I really recommend you get checked with blood tests for IV complications such as MSRA and other serious things, just to be on the safe side.

While on methamphetamine, your posture is likely to become rigid and you're likely to hold this rigid position for a long time.

Stretching, moving around, and exercise is probably the best way to counteract this.

^Exactly. My back and often other areas becomes stiff and/or sore whenever I take amphetamines. At higher doses especially, my whole body gets really tense and rigid- my muscles will be flexed and locked up without me even realizing. I'm constantly reminding myself to relax.

Stay aware of your posture and try to be relaxed instead of tensed up.

^Same here. It's important to recognize your posture and take a deep breath and exhale your rigidity and tension if you can. Stand up, do some stretches, pretend your a yoga master or something. Take a break, hydrate with electrolytes and also be sure to stay nourished.

If it's really bad I'll take a carisoprodol or something.