• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS TDS Pets thread vs. now with added SCOMFF!

Evve the cat. Yes he's a boy wearing a dashing pink strawberry collar with a strawberry bell :3

4zONqDG.jpg

I still love his coloring <3. Grey kitties ftw. He used to have grey tabby stripes as a kitten that I hoped would stick but they went away :(
n4gq2mR.png

And a tribute, can you pick it out?
oqEWk7J.jpg

Anyone else have a grey kitty!?

Last edited:
Sasha and Anne!<3

I love Evve's profile with the li'l turned up nose!

We had a russian blue when I was with my mom. He was the most gorgeous shade of blue-gray. My mom named him Ambiguous which of course turned into Ambi. Still miss that guy today. <3

I've been meaning to introduce my kitties for a while here.

Here are my two cats. First is my baby boy Stripeson (Stripey). He's 16 pounds but thin so he's actually quite huge, but he's the snuggliest cat I have ever met, he's curled in my lap at all times if I'm sitting, such as right now. He likes to nuzzle as much as possible, he'll have epic 20 minute nuzzle sessions with me where we almost start to wrestle with our heads. <3

His coloring is beautiful, hopefully these pictures show that. He's got this great gold undercoat with beautiful black and silver symmetrical stripes all over. He has a dark black stripe on his chest that I call his pimp chain. =D

NSFW:

stripey1_zps400288a7.jpg

stripey3_zpsbf19d1b4.jpg

stripey2_zps86f69fb7.jpg

Here is Magnolia, she's Stripey's mom, but they're about the same age (9 years), maybe 6 months apart, she was a stray who was pregnant and about half grown when she knocked on the door out of nowhere, never seen her before, and asked to come in and be taken care of. She's amazing. I swear she has magical powers, she's a Norwegian Forest Cat, and I think she's some sort of forest spirit. One time for example she was downstairs and I pet her as I walked by and walked upstairs, 2 stairs at a time at a run as I always do the stairs. I am positive she didn't run up and pass me because I look down as I do the stairs. Right at the top of the stairs is my bedroom, so it had been a total of maybe 5 to 7 seconds since I had seen her downstairs, but as I walked into my bedroom, here she comes walking calmly out of the upstairs closet, after pushing the closet door open first.

She's super snuggly too, not quite as much as Stripey but she'll spoon with me sometimes, if I'm laying down on my bed on my side, she'll come up and lay down next to me, and then press her whole body against my chest. Best thing ever. :) She is BEAUTIFUL, just breathtaking, everyone is taken aback when they meet her. And she always comes up and wants snuggles from everyone new she meets. But she HATES other cats, and dogs. Holy shit. :D

NSFW:
magna1_zps815eb8b3.jpg

magna2_zpsa70c9674.jpg

magna3_zps92c9cf61.jpg

A guy I know has a raccoon. I'll call the guy a friend in my YouTube video title, but maybe I'd wipe him off the face of the Earth if I didn't like his pets.

^
Xorkoth
I see you made a response after that last message in that thread I made but never got around to checking again. I'll read it as soon as I get in the mood.
I know I was posting that I'd leave Bluelight if anybody wanted me to and repeated similar things a number of times. If you had checked my favorite thread, maybe you'd know why I got weird toward the end, it had nothing to do with negative feelings about Bluelight or any of its members.

One time on the front porch there was a small family of raccoons, a mom and 3 or 4 little ones. My male cat (picture above) reacted in a surprising way: I expected he'd puff up and challenge them, but instead he and one of the little raccoons just saw each other and both started making super cute happy sounds and they both raised up on their hind legs and put their paws on opposite sides of the door glass, in the exact same spot (so they would have been touching paws if the glass wasn't there). They were trying to nuzzle each other through the glass. They honestly looked like they were long-lost friends who were so happy to see each other. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen, it honestly made me tear up. <3

Last edited:

^I love how cats lie on their backs like that! I've got a great photo of one of my cats doing that somewhere...

I've introduced my (parents) cats elsewhere on BL, so why not here. :)

I call them mine because I see them regularly anyway & was staying at my folks for a while when they first got them.

The first one, Oscar, is an Abyssinian. I'm not sure if anyone else has owned one themselves, but they are very affectionate cats. The only down side is they are very active/hyper & both we've owned have been scavengers. You'll turn your back whilst cooking & they'll be up on the counter eating whatever you are preparing! He has a habit of licking me, which I don't mind apart from him licking my hair when I'm sitting on the sofa. Sometimes he bites my fingers too. He actually latched onto my throat once, which he got a telling off for! Bit disconcerting having a cat refusing to let go of your windpipe even if it is just playing/affection!

NSFW:
DSC_02241.jpg

Anyone else have a grey kitty!?

Yes! A striking resemblance bar the fact mines is all grown up now... just a regular moggy. He likes to sleep all day long apart from the occasional bit of bird watching. When he was a little kitten, I was staying at my folks house just after they got him & he would come to sit on my lap under the dinner table! He never seemed to want to sit on anyone as he got older, despite coming to say hello but I recently found out if I put a cushion on my lap, he'll happily sit on me.

He is prone to having seizures a few times a year, which isn't nice. I actually saw one happening for the first time a couple of months back. It doesn't have any lasting effects though, or at least hasn't yet.

Charlie:

NSFW:
DSC_00261.jpg

In case you are wondering about the names... my parents used to watch a TV drama called 'The Bill' about the police. Oscar Charlie... is the abbreviation of Ordinary Constable in the phonetic alphabet. They didn't like my suggestion of Pippin but that's ok by me... that's what I'll call the first cat I own myself.

Aww they are gorgeous. Our cats are just as much part of the family as a child. We love them so much

RIP Zeke....

This is Zeke. I had to put him to eternal rest 9/2013. He was 13 years old and diabetic. I had to give him insulin shots daily, but ultimately he became really ill. So, to relieve his suffering I selflessly had him put to sleep. It wrecked me for weeks because he was there with me through some bad times with unconditional love. That's the magic of pets. RIP little buddy.
a94Ctmr.jpg
KUUfMg0.jpg

Hi AV, sorry to hear about Zeke :(. He was a handsome fella <3.

Evve cat just hanging out :)

v3Qr3mx.jpg

And Lito dog hanging out as well :p

dZgZOrs.jpg