Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM: which cough syrup to buy?

Anon54

Ex-Bluelighter
10 years ago when I used to do DXM I use to buy Robotussin DX. Do they stilll have that one now or is it replaced with Robotussin Extra strength which I've also seen.

I just wanna know exactly what to ask for & I dont want any nasty ingrediants.

I dont think I'll be trying it again but im interested in how it would be if mixed with valium & oxy.

would probbaly be a great feeling. but I remember how disgusting robo was to drink. I hope it tastes better these days & doesnt make ya throw up like the old Robotussin DX did to me a few times.

I wish they just had plain DXM pills.

You want the one with only 2 active ingredients: DXM and guaifenesin. they dont make anything with only dxm but the guaifenesin wont hurt you. Tussin DM i think is the one i usually get.

Mixing with oxy or valium is nice but it will be hard to notice them over the dxm at high doses of it.

Is guaifenesin really safe to take in high doses? I thought it was quite the nausea maker....

Do not take guaifenesin at high doses, please. High doses of Guafenesin, which is obligatory to obtain DXM's psychoactivity, will cause severe discomfort and perhaps physical problems further down the line. Robitussin's dry cough syrup (the packet with the light blue/aqua box) is the appropriate syrup, as its only active ingredient is Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, and it contains no substitute sugars. I generally used to ask for the product directly (Robitussin for a dry cough). Please do not take guafenesin, though.

Ignore KillCops! Taking the one with guaifenesin will make you very, very nauseous!

The one you want is Robitussin Dry Cough Forte, also known as Robitussin DX. It comes in blue packaging, and the only active ingredient listed will be dextromethorphan.

Avoid the Benadryl version as it contains sorbitol, which is not pleasant.

Look, I don't recommend taking extra shit you don't need to as it just takes a bigger toll on your body but people react differently to guaf and it definitely isn't "dangerous" like other additives may be
But yes, you want Robotussin Dry Cough Forte, it's blue, get the 200mL bottle
(I don't know if this is sourcing but my local CW has it on the shelf so you don't need to lie to any pharmacists, and I've never been questioned buying 2 large bottles at a time)

(I don't know if this is sourcing but my local CW has it on the shelf so you don't need to lie to any pharmacists, and I've never been questioned buying 2 large bottles at a time)

I've been refused before with DXM, although I think I was under the influence of DXM at the time. Heh. 8)

the person who said i wouldnt feel the dxm over the diaz & oxy is wrong. unless i only take 100mg of dxm. dxm is some fucken strong shit. I dont evenb feel 100mg of valium. i barely feel\ 40mg of oxy. but 300mg makes me feel like im majorly drunk & stoned but in fast forward. real weird.
btw what's the largest sized bottle ya can get.

problem is sometimes the cough syrups are behind the counter so ya cant have a look yaself at what the ingrediants are :(

They said the exact opposite of that, they said you wouldn't be able to feel the diazepam and oxy over DXM as they're subtle whereas DXM will fuck your mind and then cum inside so it dribbles into your senses.
200mL is the largest bottle I've seen, the only other option being 100mL.
Just say you need Robotussin Dry Cough Forte, or just point to the blue one. If you have to talk to a chemist, never feign being sick, say your younger sibling has a dry cough and you need it for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I could imagine trying to robowalk around the store, leaning against shelves, knocking things over, walking into people, and then attempting to buy the DXM when you get to the counter.
Hahahahahahaha. Somebody should make a movie consisting of people who are fucked on drugs trying to buy things. I'd watch that.

I know that in QLD it's behind the counter so you at least have to talk to a pharmacy assistant, I believe in NSW and VIC it's on the regular shelves and I'm not sure about the other states/territories.

DeathDomokun said:
Look, I don't recommend taking extra shit you don't need to as it just takes a bigger toll on your body but people react differently to guaf and it definitely isn't "dangerous" like other additives may be

No one said it was dangerous, but it's certainly not very pleasant to be nauseous and throwing up a whole lot. Unless you are just using small doses for potentiation, I wouldn't use a DXM/guaf combo to get high.

Hahahahahahaha. Somebody should make a movie consisting of people who are fucked on drugs trying to buy things. I'd watch that.

HawHaw. I've done alot of stupid crap on DXM, like nearly falling asleep on a footpath. I've gone and browsed clothes in my favourite store on DXM once, and the people serving me knew something was up when I was absolutely lost at what I was doing. I just get uneasy whenever I visit that store now, although it's probably because they keep shoving down 'OBEY' clothing products down my throat.

10 years ago when I used to do DXM I use to buy Robotussin DX. Do they stilll have that one now or is it replaced with Robotussin Extra strength which I've also seen.

I just wanna know exactly what to ask for & I dont want any nasty ingrediants.

I dont think I'll be trying it again but im interested in how it would be if mixed with valium & oxy.

would probbaly be a great feeling. but I remember how disgusting robo was to drink. I hope it tastes better these days & doesnt make ya throw up like the old Robotussin DX did to me a few times.

I wish they just had plain DXM pills.

back in the day when i used to robo trip i used to buy "robitussin dry cough forte" i think it has 30mg of dxm per 10ml of syrup,i dont use it to trip anymore just to potinate my codeine :)

No one said it was dangerous, but it's certainly not very pleasant to be nauseous and throwing up a whole lot. Unless you are just using small doses for potentiation, I wouldn't use a DXM/guaf combo to get high.

i never got that effect once and i did some super high dose's i think it just varys person to person :)

^ High doses of guaifenesin? What brand were you using? Even if there is a chance that the guaifenesin won't make you sick, it's still a good idea to hedge your bets and just go for the product with only DXM.

^ High doses of guaifenesin? What brand were you using? Even if there is a chance that the guaifenesin won't make you sick, it's still a good idea to hedge your bets and just go for the product with only DXM.

oh no sorry i thought you were talking about DXM causing nausa as i said the brand i use is "Roboitussin dry cough forte" it contains sodium benzoate,saccharin sodium,glucose,fructose and maltose.

Last edited:
You definately don't want one that contains guaifenesin, why would anyone want that shit when Robitussin Dry Cough Forte contains just Dextromethorphan as an active ingredient? :S

I wasn't suggesting you should get a product with guaf in it. I was simply saying if there's no Dry Cough Forte and you don't want to trek to another pharmacy that guaf isn't going to do any real harm.
And junkie, DXM itself causes nausea, even if you just have DXM powder in capsules. I'm sure some of the inactives contribute to the nausea, but in main it's from DXM (assuming it's the only active ingredient)

I wasn't suggesting you should get a product with guaf in it. I was simply saying if there's no Dry Cough Forte and you don't want to trek to another pharmacy that guaf isn't going to do any real harm.
And junkie, DXM itself causes nausea, even if you just have DXM powder in capsules. I'm sure some of the inactives contribute to the nausea, but in main it's from DXM (assuming it's the only active ingredient)

i know that but as i was say it varys from person to person and i have NEVER expirenced nausa off DXM even in 4th plateau dose's

^ I'm like you junkie, DXM never gave me much nausea apart from the act of drinking that awful syrup... apart from that I'm fine. But yes, guaifenesin is definitely something you don't want.