• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Psychedelic visuals from weed?

Okami

Bluelighter
Okay so my experiences of cannabis and everyone I know experiences' of cannabis seem to be extremely different from these guys.

http://www.michaelkraskin.com/catalogue/archive.htm

Listen to episode 24. He says he saw shapes and patterns from a bong hit and they way he describes it all it kind of sounds like an acid trip. (don't worry its short)

And this Lev Yilmaz got visuals as well. The only time I have gotten anything that can even be described as visuals is after I smoked a really strong spliff on the come down of some questionable pills and I was lying face down stairing at this grey carpet and i kind of thought that the carpet looked like static of a TV. Vaguely.

Do you have any ideas why? Could it all be the power of placebo and mindset? Same sort of thing as with acid where what you think it will be like can strongly affect how the trip turns out? Did they just expect to see visuals because they didn't do many drugs or all had friends that told them to expect them or something like that?

Or have I simply just not been smoking enough all these years? Surely not? I've smoked enough to vomit and pass out. I suppose strain could have a significant effect, but not THAT significant? Is it just that some people are hyper sensitive?

Edit: I also don't really get any deep or insightful thoughts, occasionally I get anxious or slightly paranoid (like if im walking home by myself i keep thinking my shadow is someone elses), but nothing of the fuck I'm in the matrix variety. What about you guys? Any mind blowing mental trippyness?

Last edited:
I have had this effect aswell. I can have OEV/CEV on weed, auditory hallucinations, colors are more bright, music is beyond amazing... For me it actually started after my first experience with psychedelics...
For this to happen though I have to have a low tolerance and smoke alot of sativa. Mindset also plays a big part I believe, I usually get these "mini trips" when I smoke by myself and if I'm already in a spacey/trippy mood to start with.

I get all of this after I first started tripping regularly, it has completely changed the grass high for me. I find it is a lot greater with sativa stranes. I get OEV's and CEV's. Enhanced colour appreciation. Many people get this especially people that use psychedelics on a regular basis and some people get it without ever using psych's. It also happened a lot more since smoking a lot of synthetic cannabinoids. Its not an uncommon occurence really, although I much prefer my high's before tripping. Much more relaxing and just intensley mellow, If I want to trip I will take a psychedelic not smoke weed.

maybe someone laced your pot with DMT..?
perhaps, it was merely the weed combined with the pills you had taken..
The things you are describing have happened to me before, many times. It can be a trippy as fuck reaction.
Marijuana reacts in all sorts of different ways with different substances.
however, generally I found good pills and amphetamines would make me feel like i'm tripping balls after weed has entered the equation.

Last edited:
I myself have ALWAYS had strong reactions to weed. Would almost ALWAYS get extremely vivid closed eye visuals(CEV), the higher i got, the more vivid they were. It would be unexplainable psychedelic shit, sometimes patterns, sometimes not. but was constantly changing. changed smoothlike, like each "frame" morphed into something else. it was crazy.

I also remember this one time i got high as hell by myself, put on some "Dazed and Confused" by Led Zeppelin and just sat and absorbed it all. Closed my eyes(cuz the visuals were always affected by whatever surrounded my senses, and music was a huge factor) and let it take me for a ride. WOW was it intense. Most vivid visuals ever. i lost myself for a moment and remember yelling aloud for some reason and opening my eyes. Then i saw this little floaty thing in my vision for 3 seconds or so. it was like some random, abstract icon that beveled out into my vision. Craziest thing ever. Makes me wonder why i ever wanted to do LSD and am just glad i never did.

Only time I've hallucinated on weed was the day after a really good roll. I'm guessing whatever traces of MDMA were left in my system mixed with the weed to give me a nice hour long trip. Was laying in my bed at night, started getting a REALLY nice body high, almost like something from shrooms, then I started seeing things like butterflies on my wall, shadows of what I thought were cats, thought I saw someone open my door and walk into my room, saw my airconditioner unit changing colors, and was tripping out on my poor depth perception.

I think if you smoke enough weed you can get to that hallucination level, but I'm not sure. Never got that high before.

the other night i had alot of ice , and smoked alot of ice , i was starting to see shadow people then i smoked some weed and the foil (for smoking the ice) had heaps of hyroglyphics and like really detailed graffitti art and shit it was so intense and after a few more hours i smoked more weed and i began vividly seeing people everywhere , i was walking along the highway and i say a group of about 20 people in single file walking on the path while i was on the road , and they would literally walk past me unless i stopped walking , then a bit burther up i saw some sort of group of morphed people lol there was just a bunch of people morphed togeather with arms and legs and heads and shit everywhere it was crazy all wearing the same one morphsuit lol .

the other night i had alot of ice , and smoked alot of ice , i was starting to see shadow people then i smoked some weed and the foil (for smoking the ice) had heaps of hyroglyphics and like really detailed graffitti art and shit it was so intense and after a few more hours i smoked more weed and i began vividly seeing people everywhere , i was walking along the highway and i say a group of about 20 people in single file walking on the path while i was on the road , and they would literally walk past me unless i stopped walking , then a bit burther up i saw some sort of group of morphed people lol there was just a bunch of people morphed togeather with arms and legs and heads and shit everywhere it was crazy all wearing the same one morphsuit lol .

Damn that's crazy. How long had you been tweaking for? I have never used crystal meth and it's not something I want to use.

Friends of mine who have, and who have seen shadow people on it said how for them it happened when they'd been on a run or binging on meth for a few days straight or more.

when i first started smoking cannabis i had some experiences just as intense as my dmt trip if not stronger. out of body experiences and seeing through peoples skin to the bone and muscle. but i have a big tolerance to that now and never really hallucinate or trip from the herb anymore

Hmm this is all pretty amazing to read. I've never had anything as close to that before. Certainly weed brings out the visuals in psychedelics for me and makes the more pronounced. I've always had the opinion that roughly on the same scale of alcohol as to how much it could impair your cognitive abilities for lack of a better way of putting it. By that I mean they both take you away from sobriety to the same degree although obviously in very different ways. I almost feel like Iim missing out now :D

African landrace strains high in THCV are quite psychedelic and conducive to 'interesting' experiences which can include hallucinating, although that's just small, almost inconsequential part of the high.

In my travel to ams, I tried some "cakes" of pot, I've note 2c-x similar visuals...

Damn that's crazy. How long had you been tweaking for? I have never used crystal meth and it's not something I want to use.

Friends of mine who have, and who have seen shadow people on it said how for them it happened when they'd been on a run or binging on meth for a few days straight or more.

this time i had only been up over night , must have been something in the batch and the weed was special lol

Grass forever changed

So I had smoked for quite a long time. 420 constantly and the high was normal. This went on for years. Well a few years later on I decided to use ?DSL? for personal religious and therapeutic purposes. It was wonderful and enlightening.
Over the course of six months I let psychs consume me and show me all of the unseen, all of the unknown. I stopped consuming at the end of that time frame and have not reused since. I think from all my journeys I have seen all it has to offer for me spiritually.

Anyways so of course I still smoke from time to time now a few years later. Every time I smoke more than half a blunt of high grade I start tripping again. This happens almost without fail. Do I sometimes miss the days of smoking blunt after blunt? Yeah. Yet I mean I don?t smoke that much anymore anyways. Yet if I want to get high, right at half. If I want to trip, smoke the whole thing. It?s wild.

So I had smoked for quite a long time. 420 constantly and the high was normal. This went on for years. Well a few years later on I decided to use ?DSL? for personal religious and therapeutic purposes. It was wonderful and enlightening.
Over the course of six months I let psychs consume me and show me all of the unseen, all of the unknown. I stopped consuming at the end of that time frame and have not reused since. I think from all my journeys I have seen all it has to offer for me spiritually.

Anyways so of course I still smoke from time to time now a few years later. Every time I smoke more than half a blunt of high grade I start tripping again. This happens almost without fail. Do I sometimes miss the days of smoking blunt after blunt? Yeah. Yet I mean I don?t smoke that much anymore anyways. Yet if I want to get high, right at half. If I want to trip, smoke the whole thing. It?s wild.

"?DSL?"

Sounds like you mean LSD/acid.

People have claimed those kinds of flashbacks since the beginning of hallucinogens. Marijuana's commonly a catalyst for them, too. That's really cool that you found a balance between still being able to smoke just for the effects of cannabis and smoking enough to trigger a pseudo-LSD trip. It's never happened to me but I've always wanted a random flashback to hit me in public. Like, yeah, it'll be scary... but some of the best experiences I've ever had involved fear and adrenaline. All I ask is that it never happens when I'm driving. 8o

I regularly get minor patterning and tracers from high doses of cannabis particularly vaped or when using wax. This occurs a lot more with lower tolerances.

mind blowing mental trippiness, CEVs, peripheral apparitions, visual distortions and cartooney vision, a full-on ++++ experience (only for a split second... i was very scared of it too) ALL from cannabis and cannabis alone.

that doesnt even count all of the combinations where cannabis has potentiated the high for some seriously dramatic effects