View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candyflip timing....

goahead

Bluelighter
Finally I got my hands on some blottersheet and I am eager to try the acid with mdma.
Doing a little research I found that:
there are roughly 4 approaches to candyflipping:
1. take the mdma first, take the acid 40 minutes later. The acid will kick in about 2 hours later, just when you are coming down from the mdma, here the objective is to safeguard a "good" lsd trip by being in a good setting because of the mdma.
2. take the mdma with the acid the acid starts peaking when you are halfway the mdma plateau, I heard it gives you a very groovy and visual acid trip, the initial "feel good" of the mdma will allow you to handle this amount of mindfuck, but only if you keep the dose of lsd low.
3. the all out, balls to the wall candyflip, taking the acid first, taking the mdma 1.5 - 2 hours later. This should have the acid and the mdma peak at the same time. Very wild trip, because the mdma amplifies the acid rather than the other way around. Recommended taking half the usual dose of acid. Only for the headstrong.
4. the "true" blissfull candyflip
take the acid first, take the mdma 3 hours later, this seperates the peak from the acid and the mdma, giving a nice tail to your acid trip, also the long lasting residual effects of the acid will give a nice twist to the roll.
Which method do you prefer? method 1 seems a no brainer for anxious forst-timers who fear a bad acid trip. Method 2. and 3. are increasingly heavy acid trips and should be entertained by those who are familliar and enjoy heavier acid trips.
Method 4 claims to integrate the acid experience in a nice mdma bliss, having the profound unique acid experience first, while it's long lasting after effects will mix with the nice mdma high.
This method I will try as a first timer on acid.
What method do you prefer and what is your experience when it comes to timing your candyflip?

Ummmm.... #3 hands down.
Haha -- I wrote this a while ago. It explains why I like THREE.
--------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CANDYFLIPPING 101 V.2 -- CHICAGO UG STYLE
shouts out to the rave goddess '92 - '95 -- the breakthrough
I used to candyflip all the time.
I haven't done that in years.
-----------------------------------------
DOSAGE
-----------------------------------------
It took me 6 months of experimenting to get down the proper ratios so that one didn't overpower the other.
It's important to understand LSD overpowers E TREMENDOUSLY.
It's always a 2:1 ratio: 2 hits of LSD to 1 pill of E, depending on how strong the LSD is, which you may need to do a 1:1 ratio. when I found these ratios it was a specific acid, a consistant source -- so your dosage might be 1:1
NEVER GO OVERBOARD ON THE LSD or you'll over power the E, cause E is synergestic with the LSD and will multiply it many times, and also focus the LSD experience within the Heart chakra/center. Too much LSD will focus the experience within the higher centers and will make the flip uncandylike. You'll still have a good time -- but it's just not the same.
REMEMBER: LESS IS MORE
-----------------------------
TIMING
-----------------------------
Take the LSD first. Wait for 1.5 - 2 hours. TIME IT. YOU MIGHT FORGET. Then take the E. You'll peak on both at the same time.
-------------------------------
SETTING
-------------------------------
Be sure there is REALLY GOOD music, good water, and good space to dance. Believe me as a seasoned candyflipper this combo is THE ABSOLUTE BEST and DEFINED the Essence of Rave, IMO. This is also an incredible combo to do with friends -- especially friends who LOVE TO DANCE. Oh -- I also want to add: visuals are fucking AMAZING. Like NO OTHER. if you attend a party where there are projected fractals and lasers... OMG you will have fun.
-----------------------
SET
-----------------------
Be sure you are clear minded when you do this combo. No emotional upsets, no turmoil. Just the simple intent to HAVE FUN and explore the UNIVERSE, cause believe me it will open to you.
-----------------------
POSTLUDE
-----------------------
You'll want some herb when you start coming down from the peak -- which is approximately 3.5 - 4 hours from when you do the initial LSD drop. For optimum effect DO NOT SMOKE HERB until after you peak. Not smoking herb before creates a specific kind of clarity with the flip that was important for me.
You'll want to time everything. Be sure you hit your peak, again 3.5 - 4 hours from the initial LSD drop, at the peak of the party -- which could be anywhere from 1 - 3am.
You'll also want an afterparty because the effects last a pretty long time. Going home with friends and with a couple of good dj's/tables with good chronic is very effective. You'll be good to go way into the early morning. (Gosh I miss parties that lasted until 11am the next day... ahem).
At the VERY TAIL END -- Ketamine is a good choice. Especially at home with friends with some really good ambient music playing with lots of cushy pillows and blankets. Sometimes some E insuffulated is good here too depending on the setting. DON'T DO K BEFORE YOU START REALLY COMING DOWN, especially at the club/rave because it will take you out of your body and it's incredibly difficult to let go completely in that environment. You'll be able to let go so completely that you'll float through dimension upon dimension, and eventually pass out and wake up the next morning refreshed.
PLEASE be sure to take a handful of chewable Vitamin C for antioxidant protection. Munch on these once an hour during the whole experience and your comedown will not be as harsh. Be sure to take some multivitamins and preload/postload with 5-HTP as well -- for nervous system protection. I reccomend eating organic juicey fruit the entire day afterwards to recover, and then a nice good piece of meat at the end of the day.
A set of hatha yoga the day after the recovery day will realign your spine and stretch your muscles enhancing recovery time.
Keep your drugs well hidden and contained on your person, if they are on your person, and easy to dump if needed, cause you will be REALLY HIGH and allowing any room for paranoia is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
BE SMART. STAY HEALTHY. YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF.
You might also want a minicassette recorder or some device to record thoughts and feelings into. This combo has been some of the most spiritual experiences of my life.
Oh.. and BTW... candyflipping with this method you'll glow for DAYS after -- sometimes weeks.
From years of experience to you...
PEACE.
Yahazim

Definately #3 for me too. I like to keep the dosages down and drop the acid (1 hit) first followed 2 hours later by half a pill. I then continue with half pills every hour or so. The important thing for me is making sure once I've candyflipped that I've got enough beans to last the trip because the acid starts to bite me a bit when I start coming down from the MDMA. This means, 1 trip and 3 pills generally for me.
Other people I know prefer to candyflip in other ways so everybody is different.
Craig

Ive never felt any love in the two times ive done this, though ive got amazing visuals etc. If i did it again, id want to garuantee some love, so prolly 1 or 4. Although 2 or 3 is well worth trying once, as it can be quite different to tripping alone.

Well, I have 'Flipped a few times and I have always prefered the All out Flip. I did have an unfortunate experience though. I am a non-drug controled psychotic. What that means is that I use alternate means of controling my psychosis. Mostly self-hypnosis technicues, it requires alot of commitment. About 2 years ago I Flipped and had a minor break. I later found out that I had taken MDMA that was cut with heroin. Since that time I have Flipped twice more, each time with comfirmed pure MDMA and experienced the same psychotic break. The experience has some how lodged itself into my psyche and I can no longer Flip.
Too those are thinking about it, I say go for it. Before my bad experience I had some of the best LSD journeys of my life.

My first time eva rolling was using method #3. i was actually on 2 tabs of good quality acid and i dropped my first roll... OMG dood i didnt kno wut the fuck was up.. my trip intensity shot thru the ceiling.. and as my roll was dying down i was still gettin a lil bit of viuals... oh i wish i could do it again...

whatever you choose, remember this: acid is rare nowadays. make your experience worth it.
also, you may wanna try some good E tricks. light shows, 15 seconds in heaven(i dont remember who posted it, but its awesome), vicks inhalers, icy hot. try to pre plan a little, so you dont forget things, and regret them later

I'm all about combo #4, because I like having two separate peaks during the experience. It's better to have an acid trip get really loved up than have an e roll get really crazy. It also sucks to start coming down from the MDMA while the acid is still going strong.

I prefer 3 or 4, though usually closer to three.
If I take the MDMA first, the acid has a weird way of sobering me up for the first few hours of the trip, and usually once i come down from the MDMA I get a slightly depressing acid trip.
I like to either match the peaks or the comedowns so that they occur at the same time. Since LSD lasts longer, I try to take it first.

Originally posted by Shaman486:
I did have an unfortunate experience though. I am a non-drug controled psychotic... About 2 years ago I Flipped and had a minor break. I later found out that I had taken MDMA that was cut with heroin. Since that time I have Flipped twice more, each time with comfirmed pure MDMA and experienced the same psychotic break. The experience has some how lodged itself into my psyche and I can no longer Flip.
Sorry if this sounds rude, but are you surprised that you had a psychotic break after taking LSD and MDMA together? Either separately is a definite mental health risk, especially for a person predisposed to psychosis.
Further, MDMA is rarely if ever adulterated with heroin. This seems like an excuse that muddies the waters on the real issue, which is that these drugs even when pharmacologically pure are very dangerous for those with latent mental disturbances.

The first time i tried candyfliping i took 4 micro dots and the x at the same time it was a very enjoyable trip.

I am a big big fan of mdma first, then taking LSD as I am coming down - I also usually smoke weed to ease the comedown from X. This is an assured bomb trip no matter what for me - the mindset is absolutely perfect.
I have also done it the hard core way, and had the most powerful trip of my life. I started with two hits of the strongest acid I have taken then about 1-2 hours in I took some pretty good E. I was way off in my own little world for quite some time.

Originally posted by JerryBlunted:

Sorry if this sounds rude, but are you surprised that you had a psychotic break after taking LSD and MDMA together? Either separately is a definite mental health risk, especially for a person predisposed to psychosis.
Further, MDMA is rarely if ever adulterated with heroin. This seems like an excuse that muddies the waters on the real issue, which is that these drugs even when pharmacologically pure are very dangerous for those with latent mental disturbances.

I did not say I was suprised that it happened and I do not take ofence. All I'm saying was that I had 'flipped 5 times before and had no problems. Now I can no longer experience it without haveing another break. Mind you I have been controling my psychosis for 25 years with no help from drugs legal/illeagal of any kind and have been taking LSD since I was 16 with no problems.
Collective_Vision - I have learned that it _is_ highly unlikely that there was heroin in it. It was most likely MDEA or DXM. But, that doesn't make me feel any better.

Number 3 sounds close to perfect, exept one thing - when you are comming down from E, and Acid is still present - it may be not so good; But how about something like this:
00 - take Acid
01:30 - take pill
04:00 - another pill
this way, its all best from #3 and #4 together
what do you all think about it?
[ 28 February 2003: Message edited by: Cyledehysp ]

I recently tried it this way:

00 = 1 hit acid
00.30 = 110mg MDMA
01:30 = 60mg MDMA
03:00 = 1 hit acid + 170mg MDMA

The plan had been to go a bit slower and basically repeat the gradual MDMA ingestion as before. Being at a rave, and rather fried from the first two implements of the mix, I ended up downing all that at 03.00...

Wonderful, is all I can say... it's beyond description.

Last edited:
Do you still become loved up, talkative etc. with method 3? Or would method 4 be the best for that? If someone could go into a bit more detail concerning the actual effects of each method, it'd be much appreciated :)

I've done it once based on 3.

8pm - 1 microdot
9pm - 1 strong pill

I had my first ego-death that night. Couldn't talk during this period because I was just too stupefied. Peak lasted till about 2am then I started coming down. The peak was this warm, electric buzz and it was very pleasant, but somehow it felt dirty, with a kind of sexual charge to it. But again I wasn't in a state to capitalise. Once the pill wore off, I was in a very cracked out headspace, with little desire to talk to anyone. If I do it again, I'll do it with clean pills or powder.

If acid makes you talk more, 4 would probably be a better way to do things. I might try that one on my birthday.