• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread and Scraps

To the contrary, my man. I didn't miss pain, I simply didn't mention it. The purpose of my post made it irrelevant.

You speak of a "responsibility" to abolish pain. A noble goal, no doubt, but there are problems contained within such an ideal, as well as ambiguity. For example, whose responsibility is it exactly and why? All of humanity? Mine? Your's? If you argue that we as human beings have a collective responsibility to abolish pain, you are speaking for me and others for which you have no right to speak for. You can only speak for one person: yourself. And it's not that I disagree with what you're saying, I'm simply saying that one should be careful when assigning collective responsibility because that can lead to serious problems.

Furthermore, what sort of pain are we talking about? Physical pain? Emotional pain? How would it be possible to abolish either one? As individuals, it would be impossible for us to prevent emotional distress in each other. We are each unique entities with our own minds. Similarly, it would be impossible to prevent physical pain, partly because it can extend from emotional pain and partly because, well, shit happens.

We are, after all, imperfect creatures. Any ideal of perfection, such as the abolishment of pain, is not possible in our current circumstance. We are simply not to that point in our development. One day, perhaps.

I think a better way of putting what you stated would be, humans should work towards reducing pain in others.

I think there is something to be said, however, for a yin-yang type of balance between pleasure and pain. If for nothing else than to have pain help one appreciate pleasure more.

I'm way off topic, though. :)