• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to make methylphenidate "feel" better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottleDryer

Bluelighter
Every time I do MPH, it just never feels right ... feels like I'm waiting... and waiting... and then slowly somehow im "there". But when I'm at the peak or getting there it feels very "dirty" like not clean or positive, just lots of energy and clenching and the feeling of wanting it to be over.

I used to take Vyvanse and Adderrall for my ADHD and I really like Vyvanse but I had to discontinue because, I was starting to take higher and higher doses that I started having heart palpitations and depression. And Aderall is ok.. I think it's better than MPH from what I can remember....

Anyways, I took 10mg MPH (parachuted IR) for the first time after a couple of months on break (4-5 ?) but it was weird.... I took it on an empty stomach and it kicked in 2 hours later !? WTF.

Anyways, do you guys have any recommendations on how to make the experience better ?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't tell you how to get high, BL's not here for that, sorry.. However, you are discussing taking a therapeutic amount - is it to get high or for therapeutic reasons?

Methylphenidate is a different class of drug to Adderall, Vyvanse etc (DNRI as opposed to a dopamine agonist) - a lot of people do think it feels dirtier.. you could try a low dose benzo to smooth it out, but be careful you don't get a benzo habit though.

No , I'm not asking how to get high , I'm just asking how to make the MPH more "handleable" (if that's even a word)...

It just that MPH is all I have left to manage my ADHD and because of money issues I can't get any Aderall or Vyvanse. So I'm stuck with MPH. But when I take it, it just makes me feel "weird" , not as good at doing what aderall and Vyvanse do for me.

Yeah that's cool that's what I thought, just wanted to clear that up :)

Apart from low-dose benzos I'm not sure what could help, sorry.. Have you tried taking it not on an empty stomach? Sometimes stims can be a bit jittery if taken when the stomach is completely empty..

Discuss this with your doctor; he should prescribe a benzodiazepine if your methylphenidate isn't suiting your ADHD needs sufficiently. Or at least, perhaps, propranolol.

I've been precscribed propranolol and benzo's but I don't like the effects of either.

Anyways, don't know what else to do.

I'm really not sure either. Discussing with your doc is always a good idea.. but appreciate they might not have anything useful to suggest either. Worth a try though. Sorry :(

Maybe it just isn't your drug. Concerta is the jelly to my peanut butter samwich. A lot of my friends do DXM and love it, but it just makes me feel retarded. Everybody has different brain chemistry's and drugs will effect everyone differently.

(Btw, I'm new, how do I make a new discussion on Bluelight?)

Taking it sublingually can help it kick in faster if that is your therapeutic need. Don't snort it, as snorted MPH is extremely addictive and moreish, similar to a dirty cocaine feeling lacking much of the cocaine euphoria.

Sublingual MPH has a higher BA than oral MPH, so lower your dosage accordingly when taking it sublingually.

Last edited:
I agree with ErgicMergic, sublingual is the best for MPH. I've snorted MPH before and find it to be horrid and jittery, and oral is just too lacking. Sublingually I find to be just like oral with more of a kick to it. I'm scripted MPH and so I take it sublingually on a regular basis.

For some reason I just can never ever find MPH recreational or euphoric. I don't know if it's because I'm on dextroamphetamine or what, but I just don't like MPH.

Clonazepam, Valium, Gabapentin, Lyrica, and Bupe are all interesting MPH cocktails. I don't even take stims without a GABAergic alongside; my anxiety is significantly awful.

If you have extensive experience with amphetamines, I can understand how the methylphenidate might prove a little "troublesome", because it does not provide the same effect, yet is indicated for the same psych conditions. You cannot expect methylphenidate to be anything other than what it is, and that certainly is not an amphetamine. Methylphenidate is much more cocaine-like in structure and effect, however methylphenidate has a considerably longer half-life and duration of action, and is commonly taken orally. I look back on the few experiences I did have with methylphenidate and feel very good about them in the fact that it certainly stimulated me, especially physically, and provided euphoria. But, I never had experience with any other pharmaceutical stims before my first experiences with methylphenidate, and the doses I took were fairly high. I have been on amphetamines for the first time ever, and it has been about 2 weeks now, and I don't know if I were to stop them, and try methylphenidate again how I would respond to it now that I have had experience with amphetamines. Frankly, I think I still would enjoy methylphenidate, given that I had experience with it before amphetamines, but it would, of course, be different. Methylphenidate seems to be very inferior where a stimulant is indicated for improvement with cognition, and amphetamines seem to be much more smooth, seemless, and efficacious at providing a stimulation that can be used for productivity. Methylphenidate can be harder to work with, because of the different mechanism of action, the higher incidence of physical effects, and the short half-life. I would frankly look back into trying an amphetamine again, even though Vyvanse proved troublesome for you, perhaps another go with Adderall (IR or XR) or Dexedrine (IR or Spansule) might work well. Another option is dexmethylphenidate, which metabolizes into methylphenidate. Dexmethylphenidate is sold under the brand name Focalin or Focalin XR. It is becoming more common a prescription from what I am seeing over methylphenidate, and while I have no experience with it, may be better for therapeutic indications than methylphenidate. Otherwise you could try adding a low-dose sedative with the methylphenidate and/or re-dosing in small amounts after the initial dose to mimic an extended-release formulation.

This may be an old thread but there isnt enough info about DMPH out there sooo

Another option is dexmethylphenidate, which metabolizes into methylphenidate. Dexmethylphenidate is sold under the brand name Focalin or Focalin XR. It is becoming more common a prescription from what I am seeing over methylphenidate, and while I have no experience with it, may be better for therapeutic indications than methylphenidate. Otherwise you could try adding a low-dose sedative with the methylphenidate and/or re-dosing in small amounts after the initial dose to mimic an extended-release formulation.
DMPH actually is just one isomer of MPH. MPH is the racemic form (equal in L and D isomers) the L isomer in MPH last a little longer and is attributed to more of the side effects and terrible comedowns associated with MPH. The D-isomer (DMPH) is known for most to be at least twice as strong and much "cleaner" it is what I take and even on a finals binge (4 days) the comedowns are really not that bad. I also take klonopin as well though. But a few beers or 3-4 drinks on a comedown with some food usually takes it away even w/o klonopin. This goes for oral, sublingual, plugging and even via nose candy.

Today I have boost methylphenidate with red corean ginseng and coffee. A bit of caffeine boost methylphenidate and corean ginseng is good

I have some good experience with Methylphenidate for my ADHD. I have been prescribed Methylphenidate solidly for just over 3 years (NHS). I take 150mg Sertraline and 60mg Methylphenidate (Short acting) as soon as I get up in the morning and then 30mg Methylphenidate (Short acting) every 90 minutes 7 times throughout the day making a total dose of 240mg in 24 hours. I have always found that taking the tablets with water or juice or tea, is way more smooth and effective as a pose to crushing them up and snorting them. I couldn't be fucked. My advice would be to take a dose in the morning and then multiple smaller doses at structured intervals then on after. The goal is to be able to redose as soon as you notice the last dose beginning to taper off so that you feel like it's working all day long. I sometimes have a strong coffee after the last dose of the day but that's not very important. The biggest thing to remember is that the "buzz" is what makes Methylphenidate such an effective medicine but you have to work out what works for you because everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.