• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fun with Tylenol 3 after wisdom tooth extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starlett7

Bluelighter
So I had my wisdom teeth taken out on the right side this time and this experience was just as horrible as the first but at least this Time I was prescribed 2 ativan to take before and I had laughing gas so I felt pretty fucked up.
last time I got percs prescribed, I liked those even though they seemed Uneccessary but they were fun.
this time I got Tylenol 3, is it possible to have some fun getting high off these while still keeping my mouth pain at a minimum?

what does the high feel like anyways and do all Tylenol 3 have codeine in them? are percs better and I lucked out this time?

not sure if this should be under opiates :S

Codeine is a lot weaker than percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen). I would just take it for pain as directed. Do not exceed more than 3000mgs of tylenol at a time.

awe that sucks lol my other surgeon was way cooler haha. I'm thinking of doing a cold water extraction, that that just leave the Tylenol out? I'm new to that never done it before don't know much about it

That's an odd choice of medications, ativan before and APAP w/ codeine after... Not unheard of but here, for pre-op you get IV fent or demerol w/ midazolam, and post-op oxycodone w/ apap, and it's a good thing too, after my wisdom teeth were taken out I was in some of the most debilitating pain I've ever experienced.

The oxycodone wasn't working for me I had to take something stronger. I'm very surprised that codeine was prescribed and is managing your pain. Percocet are much more potent for pain, but your doctor has already determined he doesn't think you need it, and you don't seem to be complaining of pain. However, all I can say is what tommy already said, take them as prescribed. Codeine is a very itchy opiate, best not abuse them.

well my mouth is still numb so when that wears off I'll see of the Tylenol is helping. las time I had the percs and strong Advil and I took the around the clock so I never felt pain. if the pain is bad this time would they give me something stronger?

If you're having bad acute post-op pain and the medication is not working, call your oral surgeon and they will help you out.

not every wisdom tooth extraction is the same though. it depends on how bad your wisdom teeth were growing in. I know a guy who's teeth were coming sideways and he was prescribed oxy 10s. this was also several years ago before people really started coming down on prescribing pain meds. My wisdom teeth grew in straight so I dont even have to get them taken out.

So I had my wisdom teeth taken out on the right side this time and this experience was just as horrible as the first but at least this Time I was prescribed 2 ativan to take before and I had laughing gas so I felt pretty fucked up.
last time I got percs prescribed, I liked those even though they seemed Uneccessary but they were fun.
this time I got Tylenol 3, is it possible to have some fun getting high off these while still keeping my mouth pain at a minimum?

what does the high feel like anyways and do all Tylenol 3 have codeine in them? are percs better and I lucked out this time?

not sure if this should be under opiates :S

As has been said, codeine is a lot weaker than oxycodone. By getting codeine this time you did not luck out. You can still use codeine to get high, but you need to perform a cold water extraction safely use them (too much APAP can cause liver failure).

You can take these to get high, but you'll run out really fast. So if you need these for tooth pain and other NSAIDs such as naproxen or ibuprofen don't help with the pain, you shouldn't use these to get high - you should use them as they were intended as your medication. It's hard to gauge the intensity of your pain, as it's so subjective, but you'll find out soon enough. I never found I really needed pain meds other than naproxen when I had my wisdom teeth out, but everyone experiences it differently.

They probably will not give you more or stronger pain meds unless something extraordinary happens. If such is required it's almost certain you'll have to visit your doctor in person.

You should explore the Experience Reports on Erowid.org and the Trip Reports on BL to find examples of how people experience the high from codeine versus oxycodone. Use the search engine to look up how to successfully perform a cold water extraction.

I am going to close this because the OP's questions have been answered. All the info you seek OP is easily found using the search engine. Stay safe and good luck! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.