• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oh my god make this stop now !!!!!!!!

Benzopiates

Bluelighter
Ok so I'm a frequent opioid user, 90% of the time I take dilaudid but up until now I've only the generic pills.

Recently I met a guy who is selling what they call "M8" it's the white triangle pill with an 8 on one side and two triangles seperated by a | in the middle. This one.

Side A: http://images.ddccdn.com/images/pills/mmx/t100086f/dilaudid.jpg
Side B: http://images.ddccdn.com/images/pills/mmx/t100086b/dilaudid.jpg

And since this is not generic I though it would be a bit stronger in the effect but I really didn't think that the side effects would be so strong to make it unbearable.

Itching is one of the side effects of hydromorphone but even with 6mg generic IV I never really got annoyed by how much it was itching on my body.

Now I've only done half of one M8 and the itching is HELL, it's itching EVERYWHERE ALL OVER MY BODY, on my arms, my feets, under my nose, even on my head where my hair is, seriously it itches so much it makes the amazing effect of hydromorphone be dulled by the fact I'm only thinking about the itching all the time.

Is it possible that the pill he sold me was counterfeit and that one of the product they used to "cut" it induces heavy itching all over my body, or is it just the brand name dilaudid that does this, please help... What can I do to make this stop!!!!

Sounds to me like you're having an allergic reaction to one of the inactive ingredients of the pills you've just had. The difference in the hydromorphone amount from generic to brand name to other generic is little to none. I really doubt its that. Sounds like something else.

Your best bet is to relax and take an antihistamine like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to knock down the itching.

Like NeighborhoodThreat said, Benadryl is your best bet.

It's possible that this version of hydromorphone is compounded in a way that makes it easier to absorb the active ingrediant into the syringe (I've never shot dilaudid pills, so I dont know, but perhaps this brand has less binders, or more water soluble binders)

It is highly unlikely that you were sold a street opioid which was pressed into a pill. It's not impossible, but highly unlikely. I'm going to close this now, as your question has pretty much been answered.

After a talk with the OP, I've decided to keep this open a little while longer

Brand name drugs are not "better" or "stronger" than generics. I actually prefer generic hydromorphone.

NT is most likely right. Take some anti-histamines, preferably 1st generation. What imprint do your normal hydromorphone have on them? I'll check the inactive ingredients.

Anything different about your injection technique? (Syringes, needles, water source, container you mixed it in, filter, injection practice, environment)

Sent this private message to Znegative and he reopened, my question was in the message so you can read it up, I though he'd actually post it when he reopened but it seems he let me do it

Quote Originally Posted by Benzopiates

I was about to push "Send" at the very second you closed it... Maybe you can reopen it for just a quick answer on this --->

its not creating any rash, any redness or any targetted area where it itches more, its just globally itching alot, not to the point where I would go to the hospital, it just makes it very very annoying. And I forgot to mention, I have since I am a kid the skin condition called "Ecxema", or maybe it's a disease or whatever, maybe it's related?

And about benadryl, is there any other kind of antihistamine I can take, and how much benadryl should i take and by which ROA (I heard you can inject it for acute reaction to severe alergies)

I'm sure he was just respecting the privacy of private messaging, it's your job to ask your questions in your thread.

Yes there are other antihistamines you can take if benedryl is not available to you, but I would use benedryl. Start with 75mg orally

Brand name drugs are not "better" or "stronger" than generics. I actually prefer generic hydromorphone.

NT is most likely right. Take some anti-histamines, preferably 1st generation. What imprint do your normal hydromorphone have on them? I'll check the inactive ingredients.

Anything different about your injection technique? (Syringes, needles, water source, container you mixed it in, filter, injection practice, environment)

I did my injection the same was as before, the only thing i changed was that I used a belt to make the veins more apparent since I miss my shots often... i went from being a begginner at this to hitting the vein almost first hit all the time hence why i stopped using something to put some blood pressure in the veins (I used to take a rubber band to do this but it was hard to remove it with 1 hand having a syringe in it and the other one holding the syringe :|) and now I was missing way too much so I started using something again but decided a belt would do the job better than a rubber band

All the rest was pretty much exactly the same, I used to use water from a sterile plastic ampule and now I'm using clean bottled water by brand Aquafina.

The generic i used was "pms" on one side and "-1-" or "-2-" on the other, the 1's were round green and the 2 were round orange.

Last edited:
I'm sure he was just respecting the privacy of private messaging, it's your job to ask your questions in your thread.

Yes there are other antihistamines you can take if benedryl is not available to you, but I would use benedryl. Start with 75mg orally

Which other antihistamines exist that I could take and do you think they would sell this or any other like benadryl at a local "Dépanneur" (No idea what the correct translation is... it's a grocery store that sells stuff people mostly need and it stay open later)

Ok I looked it up and it seems the translation is "Convenience store"

It's 11:20PM here and the pharmacies close at 11PM and convenience stores at 12PM so... I have 40 more minutes to go buy antihistamines there if they sell it.

doxylamine succinate (sold as a sleep aid) has the second strongest antihistamine action of all antihistamines besides benadryl (diphenhydramine)

You should not be using bottled water! I'm having trouble finding the inactive ingredients since it's a canadian medication =\

Why is benedryl not good enough? Just get diphenhydramine. It's available over the counter everywhere. Even at the gas station.

Last edited:
yeah benedryl is every where, they sell them in those little 2 dose packets at gas stations and shit like tricomb said.. it is a lot easier to find that the alternative i listed

Ok i'll make a run at the gas station nearby and i'll post when I return, but just out of curiosity, what is the name of the product that contains doxylamine succinate ?

I would use the gas station as a last resort, as it is more expensive and like hood said is usually only 2 pills. If you can, go to a real store and get a bottle of 100 it's extremely cheap.

im starting to think that these pills were sold as something they aren't but i don't wanna alarm you. just dont take anymore.
ive seen pills that shape with an M on one side and an 8 on the other and a score right down the middle cutting the m and 8 in half | <- that way (top to bottom). i cant find info on any that have two triangles.. but maybe i am misunderstanding you.

I've had that happen to me before with IV morphine, and the pills (100mg ER) were taken from an unopened, sealed bottle.

I think it might have more to do with the use of bottled water, which can contain all sorts of bacteria and bad stuff.

Checkout this thread OP.