• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oh my god make this stop now !!!!!!!!

Not to my knowledge (I've been and didn't see but I am not from up there so iono really). I know of some Canadians who have been scripted it so I assume not.

But you can get OTC prescriptions. All I know is promethazine is RX only in the US for some reason and that it's not in most other countries.

Do you have any nyquil or similar night cold medicines? Not sure how appropriate this is.., but anyways most of these will have Doxylamine succinate as an active ingredient which is the next best thing next to DPH.

So in general, is it ok if I take 150mg of Benadryl just before injecting to reduce the itchyness

It seems the drowsiness of the pill is extremely strong on me as well, will the benadryl make it go away also and that I can stay awake?

I'm starting to be abit worried in 2 days i took 450mg of benadryl, dont know the effects of this :|

I'm starting to get worried that your a worrier (probably because I'm a worrier). I think you should add in, in addition to posting on BL, doing your own research on shit via google, or whatever. You'lll get more info and you will get it quicker. Since your a worry wart (not an insult, I'm one myself, and I could be wrong and your not one, if so- apologies bro) by googling stuff like benadryl and doses and stuff you'll get more info quicker and might also get other info that will be helpful that's related. I think you should add in more resources to figuring out the stuff your trying to sort out than just posting on BL. I'm sure most ppl do and I'm picking up anxious vibes from you, it feels like your sitting on the edge of your chair waiting for the next response from someone here after you make a post.

If accurate and helpful info is what you seek, and if it will also help you chill a bit, you should be doing that if your not already (and maybe more of it).

That much benadryl doesn't SOUND dangerous to me, but if I was in your shoes with that question I'd be searching on the internet for answers and not just posting on BL waiting for someone to give you an answer.

Benadryl is also sold as sleep aid sk no it wont help with drowsiness only will make it worse unfortunately but yea low dose (~75mg) benadryl is best for itching it just might take 1-2 hrs to kick in

Good luck

Liv

I just think you are getting real high and the side effects along with it. I nkow when I get high on opiates after a break I will be itchy.. not as bad as you describe but liky my nose, balls they just keep itching never seem to stop.

IMO thats a good sign lol.. means its working. But like everyone said.. anti-histamine is the way to go

Lol I've taken Dilauded tons of times and never got that itchy. I always insufflated though, never IV. I don't really get itching fits anymore, I did when I first started taking opiates but any allergy medicine always did the trick. Sorry to hear your itching is so bad, but at least you're getting what you want. It's probably psychological too, the more you think about it the more you're gonna do it

Nah it's definately real, and I'm doing IV so I'm not sure the physical symptoms are the same when you insuflate it.

About drowsiness, I know benadryl wont help because it's written on the side of the box (May causes drowsiness) so I know it's not gonna help me for that.

Altho maybe something else could... atm I'm taking energy drinks (MONSTER brand.... its TAURINE, B Vitamins + PANAX GINSENG + Caffeine) But I heard so many studies on this saying it's bad for your health in the long run. Would there be something else that would keep me awake from 2 things that induces drowsiness?

Man, using drugs so you can use drugs is not something you want to start. Diphenhydramine is not that sedating, if you take it for a few days in a row, you won't get sedated anymore.

Stop drinking energy drinks, that shit is nasty and bad for you.

Your high as hell on opiates.. taking antihistamine will not put you to sleep. Honestly if I am really high on dope I CAN'T sleep. You'd think yeah your nodding and whatever.. but its impossible for me to sleep im just tossing and turning almost in a dream state but not really, itching and stuff.

You will be fine man you dont need to use an energy drink or any of that bullshit.

Nah it's definately real, and I'm doing IV so I'm not sure the physical symptoms are the same when you insuflate it.
IV or insufflate should be relatively the same. It's the same chemical and all that, just different ROA, so you feel it in different intensities. You still get a "rush" so to speak, although it's more like a quick onset, which feels like a rush when you're in pain and all of a sudden you feel it fade away. That's half of the euphoria to me.

........... I nkow when I get high on opiates after a break I will be itchy.. my........., balls they just keep itching never seem to stop.

yeah, sure! We all know your just making that up and using it as an excuse to keep touching your balls... so stop playing like it's a symptom of something bro lol

About drowsiness, I know benadryl wont help because it's written on the side of the box (May causes drowsiness) so I know it's not gonna help me for that.

Altho maybe something else could... atm I'm taking energy drinks (MONSTER brand.... its TAURINE, B Vitamins + PANAX GINSENG + Caffeine) But I heard so many studies on this saying it's bad for your health in the long run. Would there be something else that would keep me awake from 2 things that induces drowsiness?

Aren't the effects of IV'ing a pill (or any street drug that isn't pharm grade purity out a vial) 'bad for your health'? Lots of shit will keep you awake. Most common things that come to mind are other drugs. You are probably aware of the common ones yourself. Are you looking for something that works as a short term fix or something to use regularly as a stimulant/stay awake substance? a non 'stimulant' stay awake drug is provigil (modafinil- generic name). It's effects wore off fairly quickly for me, less than a week, which was disappointing as I first heard about it from a psychiatrist years back who said he thought it was going to eventually be prescribed for people working graveyard shifts, long haul truckers, etc as at least back then (not sure if avai in generic in usa yet) it was only covered by insurance for narcolepsy. In other countires at that time (prob now too) it was used for what in the usa would be 'off label uses' such as those I mentioned. It has the stay awake benefits of caffiene without the jitters that those who are sensitive to stuff like caffiene experience. I loved it and used it for long poker sessions, all the benefits of caffiene- alertness, some increased focus or clarity in thinking.. without any nervousness or 'energitic' drive (trying to describe feelings higher than baseline without any coffiee but not to the degree of nervousness or jittery, even mild).

I have clients whose dr's have them on sooo many pills that they take mabye 3 different pills to treat the side effects of the other meds they are on.

I realize this is an old post but opioids make you itch! They just do. It's a well known side effect of opioids and opiates. It's a thing. Look it up.