• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fentanyl vs morphine (no IV)

On plugging morphine:

"The Bioavailability of Rectally Administered Morphine", Torsten Jonsson, Christian Broen Christensen, Henrik Jordening, Carsten Frølund
Abstract: Plasma concentrations of morphine were followed for 24 hours in eight patients after intravenous and rectal administration of 10 mg morphine chloride. The plasma levels of morphine were determined by a sensitive and specific radioimmunoassay based upon an extraction procedure which separates morphine from its major polar metabolites. The bioavailability of morphine after rectal administration was found to be 53.3 ± 17.8% (mean ± S.D.). Peak concentrations of 16.3 ± 8.7 ng ml-1 were reached after 59 ± 16 min. The study indicates that first pass elimination of morphine may be partially avoided by rectal administration.

That's a range of 36-71 mg BA rectally. It says it right on Wiki with the exact same study cited. It's an old study, more recent studies have given the rectal administration of morphine slightly higher . Either way, at those BA levels, rectal morphine would be stronger than oral oxycodone.

Potentially, not absolutely. This is the problem. The deviation for morphine is greater than that for oxycodone, which means for some morphine will have a much lower BA (rectally) than oxycodone will have orally. For some it will be the same, for some better. All you can say for certain is that rectal administration of morphine will have a higher BA than oral administration. Anything else is purely speculation, and entirely dependant on the metabolic idiosyncrasies of the individual.

Potentially, not absolutely. This is the problem. The deviation for morphine is greater than that for oxycodone, which means for some morphine will have a much lower BA (rectally) than oxycodone will have orally. For some it will be the same, for some better. All you can say for certain is that rectal administration of morphine will have a higher BA than oral administration. Anything else is purely speculation, and entirely dependant on the metabolic idiosyncrasies of the individual.

I agree. Assuming the BA is on the lower end then oral oxycodone may be the better choice. But if we assume that the BA will be on the higher end, then the rectal morphine will be stronger.

Well just to tidy up the story - I was actually able to avoid morphine for a while as I could swap them for oxys. usually have 2 x 30mgs oxys over a night. so couldnt get any oxys this weekend so despite advice otherwise i snorted half a 100mg ms contin - nothing really, not close to even 10mg oxy in my opinion. then i smoked the other half on foil (haha yeah i know i shouldnt have done that either but i read somewhere you could!) anyway nothing from that either - shit. next day i decided to plug half but couldnt get access to a syringe so tried the toilet paper method: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/142744-Plugging-The-Ancient-Toilet-Paper-Method-Revealed!

I plugged 50mg - felt a bit floaty soon after but not really high and nothing like the oxy buz. left it an hour and a half then plugged the second half. same feeling (more like sedation than euphoric) but just intensified a bit, also a reasonable bit of nausea (did i have too much?), that maintained probably for like 6 hours at which stage it really started to kick in.. quite itchy, nice warm buz, body tingling -a bit nauseas but not too bad...

maybe the nausea was because i had too much - or maybe i should have taken an an anti nausea. anyway, from my two experiences i much prefer the oxy high. much cleaner, more euphoric, comes on a lot quicker!! sounds like iv morphine is a different story.

why would the morphine take so long to kick in? could it be that i just dont respond to morphine very well?

thanks for everyones feedback - who ever said "stick with the oxy" was right!

what is the hyp with fentanyl besides its powerful painkiller effects and extreme side effefcts (nausea, vomiting, intense tiching, hiccups)?? it produces to euphoria whatsoever!!! morphine on the other hand provides euphoria, keepd me high all fucking day, event he next day i feel the after glow, fentanyl is powerful, non euphoric and only good for putting people under and killing pain with alot of side effects and no euphoria