• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Some addition to the Oxymorphone page

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
Introduction and Basic Discription:

14-Hydroxydihydromorphinone, more commonly known as oxymorphone is an opioid analgesic, derived from the opium alkaloid Thebaine. Oxymorphone is usually used for its strong pain relieving properties as well as its high potency and euphoria.

Timeline of Experience:

Depends on frequency of use, and ROA.

*Oral?

*Insufflation: onset- 10 minutes, peak-45minutes/ 1 hour, after glow -3/4 hours

*Rectal: onset: 2-5 minutes, peak-25 minutes, after glow (similar to Insfullation)

*IV: onset- 5-10 seconds, peak-20 seconds, after glow 120 minutes to 2 1/2 hours.

Effects:

Oxymorphone's effects are similar to other strong opiates/opioids such as oxycodone, hydromorphone and heroin. It is ten times stronger than morphine (comparing the two at 100% Bioavailability's), and it's rush when injected is often compared to heroin, and sometimes preferred.

Dosages:

Oxymorphone is a highly potent opioid. For a naive user, 2.5mg consumed orally should be a good starting dose. For the more opiate experienced, it is hard to say, as it all depends on the persons tolerance, and what ROA he/she uses.

Method of Administration:

Oxymorphone can be injected, sniffed, plugged or taken orally. The BA for each ROA varies wildly.
-oral 10%
-sniffing-50%
-rectal-?
-IV 100%

If you plan on injecting Opana (oxymorphone tablets), PLEASE use a micron filter.

Slang:

"Slang terms for oxymorphone include: blues, biscuits, blue heaven, new blues (although the immediate-release tablets are pink and off-white), octagons (extended release), [strength] octagons, stop signs, pink, pink heaven, biscuits (could also be Dilaudid tablets, mepro- bamate tablets, or formerly Quaaludes), pink heaven, pink lady, Mrs O, OM, Pink O, The O Bomb (by analogy to the slang term for hydromorphone "H Bomb") and others." ( DEA Bullitin)

Problems

Countraindications and Overdose:

It is important for users to be aware of the potency of oxymorphone, being roughly 10x stronger than oxycodone, it can be very easy to overdose, if someone is not aware of the cross tolerant equivalencies.

Like all opiates and opioids, Oxymorphone should not be mixed with other CNS depressants (i.e. Benzodiazepines, Alchohol, Barbiturates etc..). Throwing a second CNS depressant on top of another multiplies the chances of overdose, and can be very dangerous with a drug as strong as oxymorphone.

Negative Short Term Effects:
-Nausea
-miosis
-muscle jerks
-Mild Itching (histamine release)

Negative Long Term Effects:

Addiction and Withdrawal Issues:

Like all opiates and opioids, oxymorphone can cause physical dependance with habitual use. Acute symptoms begin within the first 24 hours since the last dose (though this time range can very drastically depending on the ROA. I.V Oxymorphone user's report feeling withdrawals as early as six hours after their last fix). Due to it's potency, Oxymorphone withdrawal is considered especially intense, though shorter lasting than other weaker opioids such as oxycodone or morphine.

Symptoms Include:
*Runny Nose
*Diarrhea
*Sweats
*Lethargy
*Stomach Cramps
*Nausea
*Cold/Hot Flashes
*Anxiety

Legal Issues
Schedule II-US
Schedule I-UK

History of Drug
Oxymorphone was developed in 1914 in Germony, and patented in the USA by Endo Pharmaceuticals in 1955. It was introduced to the United States and other countries in 1959, though it was offten used in intravenous form in hospital settings, though was also available in the in tablet form called Numorphone, which was pulled off the market due to illicit use.

Add more later..

Last edited:
Your AWESOME Z! I'll go ahead and add this right now - You'll be receiving credit, don't worry about that!!

=D

~ Vaya

Edit: Here it is so far ;)

Last edited:
Thanks, no one ever has information on Oxyphone, like especially doses for more intolerant users, even simply with the oral dose I can atleast equate other routes/etc. That is if I am ever lucky enough to get it.

Thanks i am prescribed the IR 10 mg and the ER 30 mg they changed the time release in the ER and ruined it because of the oral bio-availability is so poor compared with things like Oxycontin Opana being only 10 percent when swallowed for people like myself who live in pain and try to have some normal life and do thing with there family Opana was a godsend I snorted my time release and went on with my day. now the IR here witch I get generic version because of my insurance I do IV IT the only real problem with it is after a few days use it will make other opiates not work like Percoset usually 30 to 60 mgs will give you a good high but after using the Ir Opans by IV it will take a lot more cause your tolerance will go through the roof. the pink ones are by far better than the others if anyone is wondering. I am hoping someone will find a way to break the time release on the the ER that is now out. my wife gets the ER Oxycontin and the best way to do it is to get a energy during put depending on tolerance we use 40 mgs in a bottle and leave overnight and during it works great . maybe the Opana will be the same. although as previously stated the bio-availability is so bad I doubt it..

woah! thanks for all the positive feedback guys.. I'll definately keep this up, I'm really into this Wiki stuff, wish I had started sooner :)

F.y.i

I agree with some of that but its different for everyone.... For instance , Im prescribed 40mg ER's and and the 10mg IR's and by the grace of a Hi-er Power I still get the Old formula Octagon yellows Er's and pink 10mg Irs Also since this post is fairly new u should remove the Insufflation method since thats out the window with this crap new formula for those that have to suffer with them!!! Also its not 10x stronger than the other Oxy family members its 3x's stronger... Im sorry I'm not tryin to step on any toes but ive been on Oxymorphone for almost 5 years now and for those of you that think or even wanna try n "Boot" an OM-ER All I can say is DONT DO IT!!!! SWIM Did it and now he is a one armed bandit as we call me jokingly!! Sad but tru!! Now The IR's you can Bang all day according to SWIM but just be very careful or your gonna end up OD'ing so if u do, do small amounts a quarter of a 10mg pill should sufficie for u newbs! Just be careful ! I use them orally and im pain free all day! ;)

and for those of you that think or even wanna try n "Boot" an OM-ER All I can say is DONT DO IT!!!! SWIM Did it and now he is a one armed bandit as we call me jokingly!! Sad but tru!! Now The IR's you can Bang all day according to SWIM but just be very careful or your gonna end up OD'ing so if u do, do small amounts a quarter of a 10mg pill should sufficie for u newbs!

I'm sorry, I didn't understand this parts. I was on Opana 10 mg old goodie stop signs and then, my pharmacy began carrying the new plastic formula. The ONLY way the new formula worked for me was to plug them. Taking them orally caused stomach discomfort and did not alleviate any of my pain. I would start by dissolving half a pill for 12 hours in room temprature water and plug with an oral syringe every 3 or so hours. Worked great. Eventually I was up to 1.5 pills - not my full dose unless I wanted to feel a little nod. Which was wonderful because I was short.
Anyhow, is that what you mean by "booting"? The stop signs were best snorted. Orally they had low B/A.

Hey Troubles1,
I just went back to 80 mg Oxcycontin after hanging when the OP's came out. I've several ways to do with no luck, can ya personal message me and help with a way to do these 80's, I also do 8mg Diluadids and after a heroin user back in 70's and 80's these and the 80's are the closest? Thanks for any help here!!!!!!

_D_E_W_ you are closer with the 3X's stronger ,, but infact orally opana is 2X as strong as oxycodone , insufflition it is Insufflation is 4x stronger . and injecting opana is infact 20x stronger then oxy . injecting 10mg of opana is equal to 200 mg of oxycodone . and i am not just making this up , this is truth i am speaking .

I'm on Opana ER 20 mg / day . I have a lot of hot and cold flashes. Do these signs have anything to do wih my Opana intake orally?Lutopia

With 1.5 tabs of Op ER rectally you must have used a 10 c c syringe to break 'me down, huh? Lutopia

Im sorry I know this is older but when you sniff anything it actually means you get less of the drug in you. I wish it didn't b/c I prefer to snort my oxy, when I did but truth be told there Is a higher bioavailability when swallowed sadly.

is oxymorphone the same thing as opana. and are they still available in IR? without that super annoying gel that makes it impossible to snort or bang? I've been told conflicting answers

I want to go back to IR Opana . I'm affrsid as to how my MD might look at this...