View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread: 9th dose - Tolerance Schmolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
saying that qualified mental health professionals don't know what they are talking about, and that tested, researched, approved psychiatric medications are destructive is laughable.

I agree with your post except this bit. The state of a lot of psychiatric care is deplorable, SSRIs for instance are terrible drugs.

we're in different countries, i've already been dragged into an ssri debate in this thread before and am not going to get drawn into another one. they work for me, physical addiction is a small price to pay for being alive.

How long have you been using it as a treatment? How often? Any negative side effects as of yet?

I tend to use it around once a week, at a strong, dissociative dosage. I've been doing this for a few months, now. So far, the only negative side effect is that I have, to a relatively minor extent, become psychologically dependent on weekly MXE use. It has become sort of a motivational leverage point -- meaning, I don't allow myself to use MXE on weekends unless I've worked hard during the week, so essentially MXE is the driving force behind my efforts and labors in general. The cheese at the end of the rat maze, so to speak.

But, in any case, it works fantastically for my anxiety. Now that MXE is a part of my life, I am much less inhibited by my anxieties and paranoias, in activities like driving, and communicating with other people face-to-face.

I often think that it would be more healthy for me to use MXE bi-weekly, for the sake of my anxiety, but I tend to use it less often because I am attracted to the magic of the dissociative high itself, which becomes dull and predictable if I use it too frequently. I suppose I should be grateful that MXE usage seems to be self-tempering, that way.

There are many negative side effects that we can't even predict yet with such new chemicals, so to recommend them to anyone with anxiety is irresponsible.

This is characteristic of an attitude that avoids risks at all costs. But sometimes, to make a profit, you have to roll the dice. Yes, experimenting with an RC as a treatment for anxiety disorder is risky. But I don't think that means we should ignore RCs, and refuse to explore the possibilities that they offer us.

edit - oh and the key word is 'encouragement'. Only the weak minded would take Dissociatives because they were encouraged to do so.

Well, yes. Ultimately I don't think that MXE should be forced on anyone with an anxiety disorder, obviously. What I mean to say, when I "encourage" MXE experimentation, is simply that MXE had a positive effect on me, and it could for others to.

'MXE is part of my life'
Thats a worrying statement...long term use is a road to nowhere, you are masking your symptoms with a head banging substance.

"I have, to a relatively minor extent, become psychologically dependent on weekly MXE use"

There is nothing 'minor' about MXE.

Last edited:
I tend to use it around once a week, at a strong, dissociative dosage. I've been doing this for a few months, now. So far, the only negative side effect is that I have, to a relatively minor extent, become psychologically dependent on weekly MXE use. It has become sort of a motivational leverage point -- meaning, I don't allow myself to use MXE on weekends unless I've worked hard during the week, so essentially MXE is the driving force behind my efforts and labors in general. The cheese at the end of the rat maze, so to speak.

But, in any case, it works fantastically for my anxiety. Now that MXE is a part of my life, I am much less inhibited by my anxieties and paranoias, in activities like driving, and communicating with other people face-to-face.

I often think that it would be more healthy for me to use MXE bi-weekly, for the sake of my anxiety, but I tend to use it less often because I am attracted to the magic of the dissociative high itself, which becomes dull and predictable if I use it too frequently. I suppose I should be grateful that MXE usage seems to be self-tempering, that way.

If I used MXE once a week for months I would get strong symptoms of dissociative disorder, but that's just me and you may be different. I personally can notice cognitive impairment after I've used the drug once weekly for 5 or 6 weeks. But do you think the MXE is curing your anxiety or only temporarily alleviating symptoms?

This is characteristic of an attitude that avoids risks at all costs. But sometimes, to make a profit, you have to roll the dice. Yes, experimenting with an RC as a treatment for anxiety disorder is risky. But I don't think that means we should ignore RCs, and refuse to explore the possibilities that they offer us.

Well, yes. Ultimately I don't think that MXE should be forced on anyone with an anxiety disorder, obviously. What I mean to say, when I "encourage" MXE experimentation, is simply that MXE had a positive effect on me, and it could for others to.

Ok, that is ridiculous man. My attitude isn't avoiding risks at all costs, it's avoiding stupid blind risks. To just assume that a drug is safe to use so frequently is an unfounded, potentially dangerous belief.

Your point here is boiling down to "fuck the possible effects, using once a week makes me feel better", it's absurd.

What I said has nothing to do with avoiding all risks, it is about avoiding glaring, obvious risks to your mental health, which is a very wise thing to do. I would sooner say it is safe to do heroin once a week then say that it's safe to do MXE once a week. If you were talking about well known, well researched drugs, I would be more inclined to agree, but MXE has only been around a few years now and no research has been conducted on it.

We don't even know how MXE works on the brain, its basic pharmacology isn't fully known, and you recommend it as a mental health treatment? I feel like I shouldn't need to be going into such depths to explain why it's not good to recommend that mentally ill people use drugs that we have no knowledge of except anecdotes. This should be an obvious point.

Also, what you mean to say in your last sentence is that MXE has had a positive effect on you. A few months is not very long at all to be using something medically, in fact many psychiatric drugs don't reach peak effectiveness until you've been on them for months. It will take years of use before your anecdote begins to hold water. One person using a drug for a few months to alleviate anxiety is hardly grounds for recommending a treatment to people with a potentially serious mental illness.

The afterglow from a nice trip isn't exactly a reliable way to treat a mental illness anyway.

One person using a drug for a few months to alleviate anxiety is hardly grounds for recommending a treatment to people with a potentially serious mental illness.

I feel that this sentence basically encapsulates your most salient point.

I agree, really. Just because I have, from what I can observe, successfully treated my anxiety disorder with MXE, doesn't suddenly grant MXE status as the holy grail of anti-anxiety medication. And it doesn't mean that I can recommend MXE as a treatment for a serious mental illness.

I think I put too much confidence in my own intuitions about MXE. Thanks for humbling my perspective a little bit, there. :)

Yeah man, I know very well how it feels when you find that thing that just works so well as treatment, you want to tell everyone about it.

I also sympathize with the distrust of psychiatric pharmaceuticals, I too have had bad experiences with psychiatrists, all the ones I've seen seem to treat consciousness as if it's a disease, normal day to day stuff they take as signs of illness and immediately start throwing heavy duty drugs at you (drugs they don't explain the risks of taking).

I love MXE but only once have I gotten the afterglow people talk about. Usually it's just like if I had used any other drug that weekend. It might be because I tend to use MXE at low to medium doses in combination with other drugs. Rarely do I get full dissociation from it.

That one time though, that was a great afterglow, I basically got really enthusiastic about doing things, especially drawings, and spent a week doing just a shitload of drawings, but I felt active and happy all week too. I might try a high dose this weekend just to see if I can get another afterglow of that nature.

And hey, maybe in 50 years my doctor will be writing me a script for MXE, knowing it's safe, or at least I can dream.

On a side note- MAOIs are fucking amazing, they aren't usually prescribed in America, but I've had success using plant derived MAOIs to treat anxiety, and they don't dull your mind like SSRIs and benzos tend to, in fact MAOIs seem to energize you and cause happiness (some might even say euphoria). Worth a shot I'd say, for those with bad anxiety. The only problem is that you have to diet when taking most MAOIs to avoid hypertension. It's an easy diet to follow, but gets annoying after a while.

Not that anyone asked, but here's my $.02 (sorry if thats too close to price discussion, lol.) When I use MXE & put on good relaxing music & headphones, I become so relaxed that I could not possibly feel more at peace. This has a grounding effect which dissapates any negative energy & anxieties I may have, albeit temporarily until more builds up. A good analogy would be voltage in a capacitor or a buildup of static electricity being shorted to ground. I was dependant on phenibut for many months and if I didn't have any (for about 2 days) the only WD effect I would get was bad anxiety. I used MXE a few days in a row & I didn't even realize I hadn't used any phenibut for a week, since I had no reason to & no anxiety to remind me. Instead during that week I felt so positive & was very outgoing (hypomanic even.)
Oh, and about the whole "not being able to finish a sentence" thing, the ONE time I decided to use it during the day, I stupidly answered my phone in that state. And it was my mother! All I could get out was the first words & when she asked if I was on something I managed to convey the message of "talk later." I feel really bad about scaring her like that. Moral of the story: TURN OFF YOUR PHONE WHILE TRIPPING! (I have a terrible habit of instinctively answering a ringing phone, I've even done it in my sleep only to wake up in the middle of a conversation and have no idea who is on the other end or what they had said!) Be Safe Peoples!!!

communicating with other people face-to-face.
I tend to agree. MXE helps with social anxiety. The afterglow especially.
Unless you get crazy with it and do too much then you become a closet recluse all over again. haha

For me, the anti-anxiety effects can last a week or more on a weekly dose schedule.
No need to dose daily.

I love MXE but only once have I gotten the afterglow people talk about. Usually it's just like if I had used any other drug that weekend. It might be because I tend to use MXE at low to medium doses in combination with other drugs. Rarely do I get full dissociation from it.
For me, the afterglow seems to come after a nice strong hole.
It usually catches me by surprise. I think I'm coming down finally and then WHACK right back up super stimulated and shaking and in a great mood and productive.

It has lasted me anywhere from an hour to a full extra day or two, depending on how hard I holed.

The only two other drugs to give me an afterglow were smoked DMT fumerate and Shrooms.

Last edited:
mxe leaves me glowing for many days after

mxe + decent music + decent headphones = adventitious times

for some reason it puts me into this state of perfection, end up meditating like some sort of a budda

mxe leaves me glowing for many days after

mxe + decent music + decent headphones = adventitious times

for some reason it puts me into this state of perfection, end up meditating like some sort of a budda

I think you really need to lay off the MXE, and i'm not just talkin for a couple weeks, try stopping for a while. You've been repeating this post almost every page in every thread for the past couple months, it leaves me wondering if you're incredibly addicted or what? I know i'm not the only one that thinks this. We get it, you really love MXE, but I think it's evident that even weekly use can lead to severe mania

Just wanted to add this to the whole debate regarding the efficacy and safety of different treatments; I've had a long history with psychiatry and doctors, more than four years. Initially, all the practitioners I encountered labeled me very seriously mentally ill, despite the fact that I was functional (relatively) and stable (albeit in a less than ideal state), and proceeded to heavily medicate me with antipsychotics. These drugs completely obliterated my drives; even today, more than two years after quitting, I still have issues with the apathy they induced. I also became completely void of original thought, I'd just echo sentiments and react how I was conditioned. For a period of time in the very beginning, I was even housed in a ward for observation and analysis. The point is, I'm not mentally ill. I hallucinate without the aide of drugs, and I can become a bit delusional (even though I've become pretty apt at recognizing them), but I am a functional and productive member of society. Want to know how I learned to deal with seeing things so differently than normal people? Psychedelics and dissociatives. Granted, they probably exacerbate the degrees of intensity, but that's a small price to pay if it allows me to hold a job, go to school, and have relationships with people that go further than pity friendship or burdened care.
Don't think that my results are typical. Self medicating isn't recommended, especially with drugs that so affect cognitive processing.

Last edited:
Once a week really is too much. This seems like one of those once every sixth month drugs you hole your brains out and put it away again. I'm guilty of abuse myself, but at least now I see it and am working on control.

I believe in self medication but only if you can practice control, and a lot of people can't.
I'm learning slowly.

Everyone needs to lay off accusing each other of stuff. Too harsh.
I don't see how we can all be so judgmental of each other when were all kinda going through the same thing here, somewhat, even though some of us dose much more or less than others.

I think the energy is better focused on corroboration and education.

so I did like 100 mg last night after ingesting like 3 beers.......blacked out.......that's never happened before and I've done this stuff hundreds of times

anyone else with this problem?

Cleaned up some posts. Although I'm being far more lax than I was last time we did a clean up, I'm pretty impressed, I only had to remove 3 posts from the last 6 pages and merge a couple of double posts.

Still a bit like a social thread in here at times but for the most part it's actually useful discussion about MXE, lets keep it that way guys :D

Once a week really is too much. This seems like one of those once every sixth month drugs you hole your brains out and put it away again. I'm guilty of abuse myself, but at least now I see it and am working on control.

I'm going to have to agree here. I don't think in the short run dosing once a week is going to cause any harm, but in the long term I suspect it would. Also, after more experience of my own, and that of friends, I feel that the afterglow with MXE is somewhat of a trap - unlike the Ketamine afterglow, a large part of MXE's afterglow seems to be due to its affects on dopamine - and as such, when abused, it's likely those afterglows will start turning into hangovers, and those hangovers will carry on over into daily life, causing real problems.

In my opinion, it would be fair to say that due to its dopaminergic action we should not treat this just as having similar risks to Ketamine, but also as having similar risks to dopaminergic stimulants like Cocaine and Methylphenidate (Ritalin). Those risks compounded make for something that I really think is going to cause havoc for anyone wishing to take it long term.

Personally I'd say if you're going to use it with any sort of regularity and not just a once in a while thing then I'd dose no more often than once every 2-3 weeks.

I was inclined to suggest that the afterglows may be dopamine or serotonin in origin, but was not sure so did not say so. The afterglow feels like another part of the body was stimulated all together beyond dissociation.

It seems to be some sort of release of material from your body in response to the shock of a high it just went through.

Like a good MXE hole, a breakthrough on DMT or an ego death on mushrooms, you have a huge afterglow when it's over. That's your body saying "What the hell did you just do to me?!" haha

I feel that the afterglow with MXE is somewhat of a trap - unlike the Ketamine afterglow, a large part of MXE's afterglow seems to be due to its affects on dopamine - and as such, when abused, it's likely those afterglows will start turning into hangovers, and those hangovers will carry on over into daily life, causing real problems.

What problems are we speaking about here?

^Various, from depression to dissociative disorder (the latter would not be primarily caused by dopamine), decreased mental functioning, dopamine receptor down regulation (I'd imagine you'd have to be using quite frequently to down regulate receptors a significant amount). Fatigue, apathy, and more. Dopamine is very important to our functioning (understatement of the century).

I'm going to have to agree here. I don't think in the short run dosing once a week is going to cause any harm, but in the long term I suspect it would. Also, after more experience of my own, and that of friends, I feel that the afterglow with MXE is somewhat of a trap - unlike the Ketamine afterglow, a large part of MXE's afterglow seems to be due to its affects on dopamine - and as such, when abused, it's likely those afterglows will start turning into hangovers, and those hangovers will carry on over into daily life, causing real problems.

In my opinion, it would be fair to say that due to its dopaminergic action we should not treat this just as having similar risks to Ketamine, but also as having similar risks to dopaminergic stimulants like Cocaine and Methylphenidate (Ritalin). Those risks compounded make for something that I really think is going to cause havoc for anyone wishing to take it long term.

Personally I'd say if you're going to use it with any sort of regularity and not just a once in a while thing then I'd dose no more often than once every 2-3 weeks.

It's a bit like PCP I think (more than a bit really), which is highly dopaminergic. The high from MXE feels to me a lot like high dose DXM or moderate dose PCP, and the after effects I get from MXE are similar to the ones I have gotten from PCP in the past.

Definitely people shouldn't see this stuff as having the same risks of ketamine, they should see it as having similar risks to PCP or the stimulants you mentioned. Meaning we must all treat carefully, over use could prove very damaging and right now we don't know enough to even say for sure what over use is.

But once a week sounds to me like way too much, I can feel negative mental effects after 5 or 6 weeks of using once a week. I'd say once or twice a month tops, but who knows, that might even be too much.

This drug is super alluring because it feels familiar, very much like the other (relatively) safe dissociatives, so it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking you can do MXE like you would do K. Although I also think that once a week is too much to be using ketamine, at least for me. Be careful friends, this is one of the newest and best research chemicals, it has only been commonly available for under 2 years and all of us who use it are acting as human guinea pigs.

The high is a lot like PCP, and PCP is definitely a drug to use with great caution or not at all. I think we should treat MXE with the same caution as we would PCP. Stay safe.

Last edited:
I can't believe the way people are acting in this thread now. Open up your minds and allow people to make their own decisions and formulate their own opinions about this substance....AND QUIT COMING DOWN SO HARD ON PEOPLE, IT HELPS NO ONE AND JUST MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A DILDO. We all know drugs are bad....MMMKAY MR. MACKEY....People will always still use them how THEY see fit, illegal or legal, good idea or bad, you're just wasting space and sounding ignorant. Aren't you stiffs due back at the Republican National Convention anyways?? Your comments make me think you yourself would vote to make this compound illegal and ROB humankind from it's very novel abilities.

I used to frequent this board a few months ago when REAL methoxetamine was available, I unfortunately live in the United States of Ashitholeica and can no longer seem to find the actual legitimate shit ANYWHERE. I checked out some of the Chinese manufactured MXE and although it is definitely legit and uncut, it's just a completely different animal, although it has bits of what the real deal is about. This is just my personal speculation from trying the two seperate brands, but I think I can tell what makes the Chinese stuff so much different and in the end, not even close to as good. I think that they are using different proportions of the same molecules. Like instead of making the molecule with the frame of Ketamine, and then the insides of it are split equally 50/50 one part 3-meo-pcp for every one part PCE......if that makes sense, please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a chemist, I'm just explaining this from an informed/intelligent addicts perspective, sure I may not be a chemist, but I sure as hell know what this substance feels like, and what the substances that it is made out of are like on their own, as I have tried Ketamine, 3-meo-PCP, and PCE all on their own respectively, so I feel that I can genuinely tell what the differences in the chemical makeup of the drug are while in my body. I may be explaining the actual chemical makeup incorrectly, but please do not just disregard my comment for that. I'm intrigued to know the answer right or wrong.

Anyways, my point being.............The Chinese MXE feels MUCH more like 3-meo-PCP is the dominant molecule. 3-meo-PCP is not as euphoric as PCE, does not have as strong of an opiatesque feel to it........which is what gives you that nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.........and the visual aspect of it is completely different. I find it to be bit more wonky feeling, I felt much more clumsy and uncoordinated on the Chinese product............whereas I ALWAYS felt very on point, with an almost amphetamine like focus on the original AIRCR synthesized MXE. The difference is also very apparent when it comes down to the kind of visual distortions that you get from either substance. The UK manufactured product has MUCH more psychedelic and colorful visuals, making it feel like a MUCH more complete drug. The Chinese product has entirely different visual distortions..........I've found it to have very little full blown OEVisuals, while it has quite a different style of CEVisuals, much more cartoony and 3-meo-PCP like. You can REALLY start to tell the difference in substances though when injected. The UK stuff ALWAYS has a mild opiate like rush when injected IV, kinda like sparkly psychedelic dope....as long as you don't do too much, whereas the Chinese stuff..........has NO RUSH at all. This is what proves it in my opinion. Having injected 3-meo-PCP and PCE on different occasions multiple times, I can absolutely say that the UK product feels nearly identical to injected PCE.............the Chinese product is much more akin to 3-meo-PCP. My conclusion from these main differences is that the UK product was more heavily proportioned towards PCE.....while the Chinese product is more heavy on the 3-meo-PCP. I made be wrong CHEMICALLY speaking in that statement.......but that is ABSOLUTELY what the 2 different MXE types FEEL like...........both get the job done, one is just WAY BETTER at doing it.

All that being said, the Chinese product is still useful, just in a different way. It is much less manic and intoxicating than the other brand, so if you are using it mainly for anti-depressant and anti-anxiety purposes........it works much better. It has a lot less compulsion to re-dose and it takes considerably more to get out of control and start acting nuts. This makes for a much higher medicinal value, while the UK product is WAY better if you're trying to go bye-bye and have conversations with your furniture about Universal Harmony. If you want some quick depression relief...........go with the Chinese...........If you want to party and have actual fun, go for the AIRCR UK stuff, if you're lucky enough to be able to find it you fuckers.
All in all, I'm very thankful for the existence of this substance............it has helped give me the first depression free 6 months of my entire 28 years on this planet. SERIOUSLY. So whether you think using it daily is wrong or unwise or whatever..........people in my situation DON'T FUCKING CARE. I will risk my health and life to be happy and ENJOY being alive. What is the point in being alive.............if you really genuinely get NO enjoyment out of it. I'll ALWAYS be willing to take a risk to feel better. End of story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.