• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

I developed an interest in this compound, but I noticed that Erowid dosen't have a dosage range, or maybe I didn't look hard enough. What would be a considerable dosage range for oral DiPT in the light, medium, strong ranges?

Weird, I could have sworn there was a dosage range on Erowid, but i must have hallucinated it, ha ha.

All I could find to go by is TIHKAL, wherein it looks like ~15mg is threshold, 50mg moderate, up to 250mg (!) for what i assume is a very heavy dose. But the comments with each of these doses do not seem to vary enough to give me any confidence in them. E.g. the comments at 250mg do not seem all that more intense than at 25. *Sigh*, TIHKAL.... 8)

Maybe someone else has personal experience to share on this.

I have personal experience with DiPT. 70mg was enough to get me to a STRONG +3. A friend needed 100mg. But start low. I found DiPT rather strong.

10 mg comes at latent treshold (you can only notice when you know what it is at higher doses)
20mg is treshold where 'trip'-effects start to appear
around 30 mg works fine
around 50 mg works very well

didn't do more

my weight is about 57 kg

(most pharmaceutical dosages are calculated i thought for people around 70kg, not sure)

Tihkal speaks of dosing between 25-100 mg
but this scales are relative, subjectif and personal, they depend on what ones find to be 'minimum'effect and when start thinking it gets too much.

But I think it's a good scale, I don't think one will get hurt with 100 mg, but effects can be strong.

I tried DiPT for the first time recently, 70mg. The effects were marred by my stupid decision to add an accidentally large dose of DXM on top of it (I don't really recommend this combo, although parts of it were incredible).

The auditory effects were nothing short of astounding. They took a while to manifest -- I lost track of time but I'm sure they weren't even discernible until the 70-90 minute mark. I was listening to some Beck and all of a sudden his band seemed to completely lose the ability to play their instruments. The key started shifting at least once per bar, and the bass would keep landing on these crazy wrong notes. It sounded like a clown band! Then I put on one of my own band's CDs and just sat and shook my head in amazement. For a musician, listening to your own work on DiPT is a real treat.

What was interesting was that I could sing along perfectly on songs where I knew the melody. I could also focus in on one individual instrument's line and have it sound mostly normal -- it was the relative pitches of all the other instruments that would be crazy and skewed.

Later I turned on the TV and I had almost no clue what anyone was saying. After a while this became disturbing and I switched it off.

I was most surprised at how long the effects persisted. Voices were still pitch-shifted down at the 6-8 hour mark. This combined with the flanging effect of the DXM for some really wild stuff. It sounded *exactly* like a vocal effect Aphex Twin uses on one of his records. AT one point somebody called and left a message on the machine, and I played it bak five times trying to understand it. I kept getting snippets, but the meaning of it kept fading in and out.

There was some nausea on the come-up, but I didn't puke. (Well, not until I took DXM.) My ears were still ringing the next morning, pretty bad.

Next time I will make sure not to mix this with anything else, so I can better understand DiPT's psychedelic effects on its own. But the audio effects are, IMO, well worth it alone.

Well, I finally got around to trying this one. Took a 66mg capsule 50 minutes ago. I am already starting to notice definite wierd audio effects. When I turn my head to the side, the tone of the air sounds different than when my head is faced forward. Wierd. I'll report the results later. This is going to be VERY strange, I have a feeling...

Hmmm... I didn't like it, really.

It's not like what I took was too much, or anything, I just really wish it would go away. The audio effects were kinda interesting for a while, but now it's just a little annoying, and I'm looking forward to when my hearing is back to normal. I'm trying hard to figure out what it is about it that I don't like, but I can't really put a finger on it. It's a kind of stimulation that I don't really enjoy, and I didn't even find 2C-I stimulating...
I really want to listen to some music, but it's so horrible I can't even keep it playing (I pretty much expected this though)
Eh, I don't think I'll explore this one any further.

^^ That's interesting. I found the distortions annoying after a while too. I might agree with you in general that this one is not that worthwhile, but not until after I've tried DiPT on its own. As it is I can't tell whether I blame it, or DXM, for making me feel like I wanted the trip to end.

It's interesting isn't it that visual distortions don't seem to get as annoying, or interfere with enjoyment, the way audio distortions do? Maybe it really would suck more to be deaf than to be blind....

As it is I can't tell whether I blame it, or DXM, for making me feel like I wanted the trip to end.

Well, only you can answer that for yourself - but I'd say, it could very well have been the DIPT. Because that's exactly how I feel, I just want it to end. I mean it's not horrible and I'm not it any pain, it's just kind of uncomfortable... And my fuckin' music is broken! lol...

Yeah it is interesting how the audio distortions get annoying, but visual distortions don't. That is wierd. I think for one thing, it's because it ruins music - and I love music. But, I dunno... I still can't explain why exactly I don't like this.

I sure found it worthy. :) I'd have to list it among my favorite. And not for the weird audio distortions, but for the incredible entheogenic effects. Though the audio part was fantastic. I will never forget listening to the Airplane and hearing Grace Slick sound like a man

At the dose I took, I didn't really GET a whole lot of effects other than the audio... I mean there was a little, but it was so weak it wasn't even worth reporting.

MGS you seem to be a lot more sensitive to tryptamines than me, I wonder if maybe I just need to take a higher dosage to get the type of the effects you and some others describe? I have a feeling that may be the case, it seems I always have to take higher dosages... I don't know if it's worth it though, my hearing is FINALLY starting to get back to normal now and I'm rather glad to have it back!

You may. When I took DiPT, I took it with a friend. We both took 70mg. He did not trip as I did. A month later, he took 100mg and had the same type of entheogenic breakthrough that I did. In fact, he said he experienced the same entity contact that I did.

I've only had DiPT the one time, but I look foward working with it again.

Well I may have to rethink whether I'm going to try it again then - you said the magic word, "breakthrough". I've always had a feeling there's a breakthrough point with DIPT, and after reading a few more reports on it, and hearing what you say, I know there must be. I just hope the audio effects don't get any stronger with higher dosages... (or LAST LONGER!)

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if, once again, I needed a higher dosage of something to get where others get with a lower dosage...

Thanks for your input!

Dipt

Hi, i have searched for days on end on dipt. and from what ive learned that its active at about 25-30mg,psychedelic at 60-100mg. I aquired 200mg's two weeks ago. My friend took 30-35mg to test the waters. Hes very experienced in chems and psychs. He said for an hour he just felt extra high, and after two hours his ears popped like on a airplane and everything was a pitch lower. He was smoking pot too. Ive held off on this substance for a couple weeks. He says there was absolutly no tryptamine buzz, no mind fuck or psychedelic effects at all. more of a novelty they would sell at a store too make everything sound a pitch lower, is how he described it. I am contemplating takin 50-60mg but my friend said " i mean yea it might be psychedelic but at that dose i think it would just be plain wierd w/ uncomfortable audio and body effects" So i am not sure. Ive read MG seeds report on it bieng pretty damn psychedelic. I am wondering in what way is it psychedelic? like mindfuck,body buzz? what?

It's still psychedelic, but much less noticeably so than many other chemicals. I would put it on the order of 2C-T-21 or another mild PEA in terms of overall strength of psychedelic effects. I think part of it is that the audio stuff is so weird it distracts you from what other effects there are.

This should be merged into the Big DIPT Thread.

Aszazin said:
my weight is about 57 kg
(most pharmaceutical dosages are calculated i thought for people around 70kg, not sure)

Not sure if you are suggesting that weight plays a factor with indole/PEA psychedelics, but it doesn't. I've tripped with many different folks, people of all shapes and sizes, and there was never any correlation/connection between level of intensity/effects and one's body weight or fat levels.

Originally posted by StickGreen513
Ive read MG seeds report on it bieng pretty damn psychedelic. I am wondering in what way is it psychedelic? like mindfuck,body buzz? what?

I think I did as good a job as possible in describing my DiPT trip. I can't think of what else I could add. The report was very detailed and you should be able to understand "what way" I found it psychedelic. And a body-buzz has nothing to do with "psychedelic," or rather I would not label a body-buzz as a psychedelic (mind-expanding) effect. Perhaps read the report again. Sometimes when I read something again, I seem to "pick up more" than I did the first time. Maybe you will get more if you do.

Originally posted by VictorBorge
It's still psychedelic, but much less noticeably so than many other chemicals. I would put it on the order of 2C-T-21 or another mild PEA in terms of overall strength of psychedelic effects.

I'd have to disagree with you here. I found the experience VERY powerful. 70mg brought me to a strong plus-three that at times (when I experienced the sense of mystical oneness with everything as my ego slipped away and I became one with the rock I was on and the stream I was sitting by) went into a plus-four experience. A friend was with me and he took the same dosage as I did. But at 70mg, he got nothing more than auditory distortions, and some minor visuals. But no real psychedelic (mind-manefesting/expanding) effects. Kind of what many who dismiss DiPT seem to experience. I thought I had a unique, one-of-a-kind trip but a few weeks later he took 100mg and, at that level, it brought my friend to a very similar place that I got to with 70mg. He even experienced a meeting with a computer-blip sounding spirit that sounded like the one I met from his description.

Though I've never taken 2C-T-21, I hear it frequently compared to 2C-C in terms of depth. And DiPT sure beat 2C-C in intensity and depth, hands-down. I believe, and my friend also feels this too, that DiPT is very set and setting dependant. This psychedelic seems to "open the mind" mostly through the auditory channel. It is through that sense that "information" is obtained. I had the entity contact, and it was an auditory thing. I could feel the presence of many beings, but could not see them like with DMT. And then one started communicating with me. Well, it is all in the report I wrote so I won't rehash it again.

But yeah, DiPT is best experienced at night in complete silence. And I believe it works best in nature. I took it by a stream coming down from the rocky mountains. If taken in this kind of setting, I'll bet everyone would have a very special experience. No one should dismiss DiPT as a mere novelty until they try it in a similar setting as I did. I believe only then, will the real nature of DiPT begin to be experienced. Though I'm glad it's not popular. It's one of the best and I'd really hate to lose that one. Not just because I enjoy it and find it useful, but because it is a facinating tool to study auditory perception. Someone needs to figure out how to radiolabel it, and see where it goes.

morninggloryseed said:
70mg brought me to a strong plus-three that at times went into a plus-four experience. A friend was with me and he took the same dosage as I did. But at 70mg, he got nothing more than auditory distortions, and some minor visuals. ...but a few weeks later he took 100mg and, at that level, it brought my friend to a very similar place that I got to with 70mg.
I can believe that. My highest dose was 70mg. I tend to be less sensitive than most to psychedelics, so it's entirely possible a ~100mg dose would break the psychedelic threshhold for me. I'll have to try it someday. :)

Okay, I like to write creatively while tripping and this compound intrigues me because it appears to have little visual distortion (if any). However, I would like insights and revelatory information... will DiPT offer this (is that what the "breakthrough" is about?). Also, would I still be able to discern words spoken and be able to keep up a verbal conversation (i.e., to a cop, parent, teacher, etc.)? Thanks.

On 30mg DiPT, I had no trouble communicating with people. At that dose, I only noticed mild sound distortion; however, there was a moderate tryptamine push, along with slight visual enhancement/distortion (not sure which). Generally all these effects are subjective so what works for me may not for you.

As an example, after taking 30mg of DPT via IM, (what I consider a moderate dose) I held a normal conversation with my friend's grandfather. This is something that normally would have freaked me out had I taken a different substance or dose, yet I was fine in this case.

DiPT gave me minimal thought distortion, so if your mind-set is good & strong I wouldn't predict any problems, but assuming it's your first time, it's better to be somewhere safe to see how DiPT affects you.

I was fairly conversant and normal on 55mg. 70mg was pushing it. More than that would probably be unadvisable for tripping on the down-low.