View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question: 3-meo-pcp and SSRIs

jaced

Greenlighter
Good evening bluelighters, just thought I would pop in with a quick (kind of noobish) question.

I recently obtained a gram of high quality 3-meo-PCP from a vendor I have been using for many years. 10/10 trustworthy. I'm aware that taking any of the newer RCs while on antidepressant medication is a bad idea in general. But I was wondering, If I was to stop taking my medication, how long would I be advised to wait before starting my research chemical binge, are we talking days or weeks?

My meds are as follows: 5mg Etizolam(been using this for 2 weeks), 40mg citalopram and 600mg Pregabalin daily.

Thanks a lot, Go easy on me I'm only about a 3/10 at best on the drug knowledge scale %)

Makes me wish you could edit typos in the title sometimes, them silly fingers of mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ you can, click on 'Go Advanced' =D

I don't think 3meoPCP has any serotonin effects, but even so, i'd give it at least a few days without the citalopram. The etiz and pregs shouldn't have any interaction, and in fact if you've been using the etiz for a while, i'd advise you to take your normal dose to avoid any withdrawal effects.

I've been working with 3-meo-pcp for a quick minute now, and while I'm no pharmacist, here's some insight I've gathered regarding your question:

3-meo-pcp is primarily a NMDA antagonist and dopamine re-uptake inhibitor and should have little to no impact on the serotonin system. That being said, it might still be a good idea to give the SSRI a couple of weeks to clear out of your system if you're concerned. If you're habitually taking etiz, take nAON's advice and continue your regular dosing or else there's the possibility of experiencing withdrawals. Pregabalin works on the gaba system and shouldn't interfere either, however, I would be slightly concerned about the synergy that might be experienced from mixing it with 3-meo-pcp.

From personal experience I can tell you that taking gabapentin (which also works on the gaba system) on the same day of taking 3-meo-pcp will result in a headache and slight hangover the next day (for me). Mixing 3-meo-pcp and tryptamines seems to go over very well, though, and tryptamines work on the serotonin system, albeit in a different manner than anti-depressants. Armed with that info, I'd say you're probably safe to mix 3-meo-pcp with your anti-depressant medication, but it's better to play it safe than mix them and be sorry later.

Hi Jaced:)

You're right to be wary of mixing SSRIs and RCs.

However, if you were not planning on getting off the citalopram for any reason other than to take 3-MeO-PCP, then it might be worth just trying a small amount of the 3-PCP and staying on the SSRI.

Please take all this with a grain of salt because it is simply my subjective experience.

I have taken 3-MeO-PCP many times while also taking 100mg sertraline daily. I did not have any problems, except when I took too much of the 3-MeO-PCP. That RC is very potent and should be treated with care. Take small amounts and don't redose.

In my opinion, stopping an SSRI is very disruptive to your mental stability, and would put you in a dangerous place to be experimenting with something like 3-MeO-PCP, which can be a very mind-warping drug.

Ultimately, the safest thing to do would be to NOT take the RC. However, if you insist on taking it, I'm not sure that denying yourself of an SSRI on which you are habituated is a good way to set yourself up for the experience.

TAke care

I took the liberty of editing your title for you.

Basic Drug Discussion -> Psychedelic Drugs

I've been working with 3-meo-pcp for a quick minute now, and while I'm no pharmacist, here's some insight I've gathered regarding your question:

3-meo-pcp is primarily a NMDA antagonist and dopamine re-uptake inhibitor and should have little to no impact on the serotonin system. That being said, it might still be a good idea to give the SSRI a couple of weeks to clear out of your system if you're concerned. If you're habitually taking etiz, take nAON's advice and continue your regular dosing or else there's the possibility of experiencing withdrawals. Pregabalin works on the gaba system and shouldn't interfere either, however, I would be slightly concerned about the synergy that might be experienced from mixing it with 3-meo-pcp.

Actually 3-meo-pcp has affinity for SERT, look up this thread for more info http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/649843-Binding-data-for-popular-arylcyclohexamines. I would not mix it with SSRIs.

I had an unpleasant experience with taking 6-APDB (which is a serotonin releaser) the day after taking 3-MeO-PCP, I had pretty bad nausea and hot flashes for most of the trip. There are similar stories about mixing MXE with MDxx-type drugs. Given that I'd be wary of taking 3-MeO-PCP while on an SSRI.