• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

DMT Extraction FTW/L

(into the mason jar)?

As an Entered Apprentice, you will have to seek written permission from the Worshipful Master of thy Lodge, or failing that, the permission of a Master Mason of at least a year's tenure in said degree. Brother.

Was that two jokes of highly-dubious quality sourced from from a single post? Pretty good going.

Anyone know of any readily available alternatives to a turkey baster? Fucked me right over last time I tried using it, kept sucking up the rootbark/lye/water mixture then dropping all the naptha on the way out.
Glassware wise, stick to pyrex?

Finally, any comments on buying shredded vs powdered bark? I've read some people say buy powdered to save yourself the hassle and some say buy shredded and keep it that way.

If you are willing to pay the cash for one I imagine a separatory funnel will be the best thing to use, not the most cost effective by any means though.

I got a gas syringe off ebay, does the job nicely. Sep funnel is the way forward but is quite an investment. You don't need to use pyrex, unless you're heating things up.

Try glueing the seal of the turkey baster (where rubber meets plastic). Ours was shit but it was alright when we did this. I love how the base sinks to the bottom if you pull it, meaning you can squirt out the base without losing much solvent.

I did pulls yesterday with a 10ml syringe gifted to me specifically for the purpose. Much better.

As for the bark, I fucking enjoyed grinding it. The plumes of smoke are beautiful to behold.

I was thinking maybe one of these?

I'd go for a separatory funnel in an ideal world but as you say they're pricey.

Anyone attempted using a plastic sandwich bag turned on its side with a hole poked in it? Vaguely recall people using this for some DXM extraction, makes kind of a make shift single use separatory funnel.

A good old-fashioned syphon can be handy for separating layered liquids. Ideally get someone to hold the 'in' end at the correct level in the vessel you're separating solutions from and get someone else to get the syphon started. If you're using aquarium-type tubing some large syringes fit into them nicely so you can get this miracle of physics rolling without risking a gob full of naptha / hexane / jenkem. Done right you can suck the fuck out of one layer with very little disturbance to what lies above or below it.

I was thinking maybe one of these?
11KylINAzeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That looks a little like the one I use. Works well.

Mine has a screwy bit for screwing needles onto though.

What is that syringe made out of? Particularly the seal on the barrel. My experience is that they tend to be vulnerable to attack from the solvent. Glass is the way to go.

What is that syringe made out of? Particularly the seal on the barrel. My experience is that they tend to be vulnerable to attack from the solvent. Glass is the way to go.

To be fair it's all plastic. Still watertight after a few pulls though and I washed it thoroughly (can use it for plugging properly now...)

The solvent fucks up the orange rubber seal on the mason jars. It's a slippery business trying to realign those things when you're clamping the lid back down.

When I was using mason jars, I stopped even using the seals. If the solvent is dissolving the seal, then that's ending up in your product and you don't want that. That syringe will probably be OK for a few uses, but that seal will eventually go.

When I was using mason jars, I stopped even using the seals. If the solvent is dissolving the seal, then that's ending up in your product and you don't want that. That syringe will probably be OK for a few uses, but that seal will eventually go.

In that case we can't turn the jars over or shake them any more. Will stirring suffice?

Once the seals start going, you can't turn them over and shake them anyway. Yeah, stirring will be fin.

I have a 100ml glass craft syringe with a luer lock, and with a long "needle", fuckin beautiful it is, very precise.

I also have a sep funnel, which, as my syringing from lovely narrow topped conical flasks is so precise, is redundant. (not giving it away before anyone asks, cos I like it).

I know you can do it in milk containers etc and ladle the solvent out and all sorts of heresy, but I like to be ocd about shit.

Munroe I don't think it's strictly legal to sell powdered bark in UK, so you have to buy shredded and powder it yourself. It's the most tedious part of the whole process, whatever Albion reckons...

I am of the opinion that if you use a ladle when you do chemistry, you're doing it wrong.