• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Twitching and spasms

timetohunt thank you!!!

I always wondered what i was covering up with the opiates...i mean i was taking enough so i could walk on two broken legs...i used to think..."UMMM...whats going on under the drugs...what cant i feel that i should be?"

Having a seizure from IV heroin? You're probably overdosing.

I have never heard of muscle twitches/spasms during an opiate high, as long as the individual hasn't overdosed.

Im def not ODing...im tapering off my methadone dose...I am not high nor am i in withdrawals...just holding level and steady....i think most the others are the same El Capitan...

Old thread but I get the same type of twitches and I noticed in timetohunt's article, it says co-morbid factors include dehydration.

On opiates I drink far less water, to the point where I feel it. I've never forced myself to stay well-hydrated but this may be a factor. They also said electrolyte imbalance, and very few people get enough magnesium - some have problems with potassium as well.

I don't do opiates or any drug on a regular basis. However antihistamines give me repetitive contractions. One day it's my bicep, the other it's my calve etc. Anything from hydroxyzine to diphenhydramine gel triggers them. Try stopping the benadryl for a few days....

Do you take anti-psychotics by any chance?

They are very synonymous with the development of Tardive Dyskinesia which causes involuntary muscle spasms and twitches.

Damn... I take Quetiapine and AH-7921 and I get involuntary movement and spasms.

same thing happens to me with any full agonist and especially with suboxone. sometimes i even have muscle spasms in my larynx, causing me to randomly vocalize, which sounds like a loud "NNNNN" haha. it's fucking weird. this didn't happen to me when i first started using, but it gradually became more and more prevalent. when i'm not on suboxone, it doesn't happen. when i am on suboxone, it only happens when i am meditating or lying in bed. some days it only happens right before i fall asleep, like a kind of hypnagogic jerk. certain days on suboxone will even give me gnarly hypnagogic hallucinations. it can be fucking scary when you're about to fall asleep and all of a sudden you hear an elephant trumpeting or a woman screaming. more often, i just hear two claps, which jerks me awake and i start looking around for the motherfucker who woke me up, but there's no one to be found. spooky.

Yes I take antidepressants
I am very confused. Why revive a two year old dead topic just to say that as if you're answering a question when you have never posted in this thread. What is it you hope to achieve? What answer are you looking for? What is the question?

Guys this might be scary but This is my story.

When I was a 7th grader this choking game.thing happened and I got addicted to choking And wacking until I was 16. And started to shake and spasm and stuff. Well while on H it happens.

So, slow brain death and obvious brain damage happened . Maybe H makes brain damage symptoms heavier. And I'm prone to Parkinson's.

...... maybe its Parkinson's showing its face. Go to a neurologist. I am.

same thing happens to me with any full agonist and especially with suboxone. sometimes i even have muscle spasms in my larynx, causing me to randomly vocalize, which sounds like a loud "NNNNN" haha. it's fucking weird. this didn't happen to me when i first started using, but it gradually became more and more prevalent. when i'm not on suboxone, it doesn't happen. when i am on suboxone, it only happens when i am meditating or lying in bed. some days it only happens right before i fall asleep, like a kind of hypnagogic jerk. certain days on suboxone will even give me gnarly hypnagogic hallucinations. it can be fucking scary when you're about to fall asleep and all of a sudden you hear an elephant trumpeting or a woman screaming. more often, i just hear two claps, which jerks me awake and i start looking around for the motherfucker who woke me up, but there's no one to be found. spooky.
BTW, subs are partial, but I doubt this guys gonna read this 3 yr old post

Guys this might be scary but This is my story.

When I was a 7th grader this choking game.thing happened and I got addicted to choking And wacking until I was 16. And started to shake and spasm and stuff. Well while on H it happens.

So, slow brain death and obvious brain damage happened . Maybe H makes brain damage symptoms heavier. And I'm prone to Parkinson's.

...... maybe its Parkinson's showing its face. Go to a neurologist. I am.

Plus I have psychedelic highs from H also.

How old are you now? Wait, you choked and masturbated?! Wicked

I was just reading about muscle spasms as a part of opiate withdrawal. On the other hand, I mostly get them when I am high. It comes right after anod, usually I'll be ok kinda close my eyes for a minute then wake up violently where my whole bottle shakes. I have almost hurt myself really bad in the shower for example. I also take benadryl and robitussin, often with my dose.

How much pleasure have you derived so far from your drug highs ever since you started using drugs? Consider 1 unit to be the joy you had as a child when you got your favorite thing for Christmas, found it under the tree and played/used it until you were bored with it. That's 1 pleasure unit. How many pleasure units did you get so far?

Done tar 4 times. Smoke style. After a crazy long meth binge. Shaking and anxiety
Diphenhydramine definitely amps symptoms. Stop the benadryl now!