• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you OD on heroin if you snort it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, it completely depends on the quality. Yes you can OD from snorting it. What kind of question is that anyways? Also, without having it in front of me it's hard to tell how much will/won't kill you. Also, everyone is different.

dont kill yourself by od'in on heroin dude that makes you a selfish coward...if ur asking these questions you obv have not done it n highly recommend you keep it that way man. killing yourself may seem like easiest way out from your pain but think about family n friends dude , there will b no easy way out for them when they have to bury you...quit being so selfish n seek yourself some help man goodluck :(

Yeah painless...

I went into a 5 day coma in a resuscitation ward. When I was stabilized they put me out with sedatives and transferred me to involuntary psych hold and strapped me to the bed, where I woke up like that.

So painless bro.

just wait till they stick a catheter in you OP (I like to think of the procedure as a nurse raping your penis with a plastic tube).

*snip*

*we don't even joke about this anymore, no glorifying IV use and recommending it, thanks - NT*

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah painless...

I went into a 5 day coma in a resuscitation ward. When I was stabilized they put me out with sedatives and transferred me to involuntary psych hold and strapped me to the bed, where I woke up like that.

So painless bro.

Well I mean the actual OD itself IS painless. I have no idea why people are saying it's painful. That's just not true.

Now, the resuscitation measures may not be painless, but that's not part of an overdose.

(I've overdosed multiple times, and I also went into a coma).

But as far as the actual overdose itself, it's just like going to sleep.

just wait till they stick a catheter in you OP (I like to think of the procedure as a nurse raping your penis with a plastic tube).

Oh yeah that's a lot of fun. Hopefully the OP doesn't have prostrate problems and you have to pop it in. Ouch!

OD is far from painless IME. You may not feel physical pain although sometimes you do, your psychological world is turned upside down and as it fades to black you experience something I can't even explain. It is the emotional equivalent of the pain your body feels as your body shuts down. Everything you ever were, and everything you'll ever be.

I don't get the question really, isn't that obvious if any drug has a lethal dose, you can overdose via any ROA. Just the amount will differ probably, with smallest being IV and largest orally

Just don't try to do it, if you overdose and die, it's a coward way to waste a life,
if you overdose and live, you'll feel like the worst shit for weeks

I think the OP's original question has been answered, though he could have figured it out just from a google search. You can overdose on anything no matter how you take it if you do enough. As far as the pain from overdose thing, the only pain I ever experienced is coming out of the blackout. Incredible headache, body aches, etc. But all overdoses aren't created equal. Depending on the level you OD'ed, sometimes you'll just pass out and then come out of it yourself, or you'll need to be medically brought out of it by the paramedics. Either way, it doesn't feel good when you wake up, especially if you were pumped full of Narcan. Now that's pain. Overdose itself doesn't hurt. You will feel weird sometimes, higher than usual, maybe a tinging in your face and hands, blurry vision, and then it's just lights out. But no pain. Though I've never overdosed on anything other than heroin. Maybe OD'ing on coke or meth is different as far as the onset of pain.

Snorting heroin is actually a common cause of OD, as heroin absorbs slowly through the nasal mucosa, leading to redosing before full effects are achieved...

OD is far from painless IME. You may not feel physical pain although sometimes you do, your psychological world is turned upside down and as it fades to black you experience something I can't even explain. It is the emotional equivalent of the pain your body feels as your body shuts down. Everything you ever were, and everything you'll ever be.

Death can be like that.

Well I mean the actual OD itself IS painless. I have no idea why people are saying it's painful. That's just not true.

Now, the resuscitation measures may not be painless, but that's not part of an overdose.

(I've overdosed multiple times, and I also went into a coma).

But as far as the actual overdose itself, it's just like going to sleep.

When I have overdosed, more than not I could feel it coming on. I'd get sick. Light headed. I couldn't control my balance. The next thing I know I've blacked out and almost died. Okay, so in a way, the process of blackout (the beginning of what we think of as OD'ing), isn't all that painful. Resuscitation, or even coming to on one's own, can be very, very painful. Since this is also part of the process, it's fair to say having an OD is not pain free in the least (even blacking out to begin with doesn't feel good or right, even if it isn't excruciating most of the time).

It a little silly distinguishing from the blackout stage and resuscitation stage of an OD - they're both part of the process of ODing. Although different people under different circumstance (or the same people under different circumstance) will experience an OD in different ways, it is very misleading to advertize an OD as painless.

^I liked how tricomb put it too missy

Status
Not open for further replies.