• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you OD on heroin if you snort it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Overdose is nothing trivial or something to joke about.

When I've overdosed I can compare it to a nightmare when you try to scream as loud as you can, but you cant or no one can hear you. Your soul is shouting "Hey! I want to live!!!!!" as your brain and body shut down.

One of the most bonechilling things I remember about ODing was SCREAMING silently "I WANT TO LIVE, PLEASE SAVE ME, I DONT WANT TO DIE LIKE THIS". I couldn't form words let alone speak, you aren't breathing enough to form words. It's like your drowning and you're staring up at the waters surface from deep underneath, and you're slowly sinking down, the surface becoming darker and harder to see.

After a certain point, your mind just wants to give up, and you cant take it anymore so you give in and blackout.

OD is not a trivial matter.

When I have overdosed, more than not I could feel it coming on. I'd get sick. Light headed. I couldn't control my balance. The next thing I know I've blacked out and almost died. Okay, so in a way, the process of blackout (the beginning of what we think of as OD'ing), isn't all that painful. Resuscitation, or even coming to on one's own, can be very, very painful. Since this is also part of the process, it's fair to say having an OD is not pain free in the least (even blacking out to begin with doesn't feel good or right, even if it isn't excruciating most of the time).

It a little silly distinguishing from the blackout stage and resuscitation stage of an OD - they're both part of the process of ODing. Although different people under different circumstance (or the same people under different circumstance) will experience an OD in different ways, it is very misleading to advertize an OD as painless.

^I liked how tricomb put it too missy

Dude, I have OD'd multiple times. It's not at all misleading to say an OD is painless. I don't know what kind of pain experiences you've had, but clearly not very many if you think it's "very painful." I've had Nalaxone administered several times, I've come to on my own, I've been slapped awake. None of those were "very painful," and I'd be hard pressed to call them painful at all, except for the few days after coming out of a coma, and I was extremely weak and sore, but it didn't really hurt.

And his resuscitation is not part of the overdose, it's part of treating the overdose. You don't have to get treated after an overdose, plenty of people don't and die. It's a little silly if you can't distinguish the two. He didn't ask "Is getting Narcan painless?" He asked if overdosing is painless, and yes, it is.

Everytime I've overdosed it's been euphoric bliss until out of nowhere I go unconscious.

I've had other "overdoses" that you're talking about where I'd get sick first and feel bad, and then pass out, but those were not "overdoses" in the sense that I needed Narcan.

I'm wondering if a lot of the people being melodramatic about it actually even overdosed. I doubt it.

Last edited:
Excuse me, I meant to say, treating the OD is inherently tied to to the process of OD'ing... I mean it's either that or death.

What say you wise sir in response to all the other posts here, that state in rather strong language that it is misleading to say an OD is painless?

Dude, I have OD'd multiple times. It's not at all misleading to say an OD is painless. I don't know what kind of pain experiences you've had, but clearly not very many if you think it's "very painful." I've had Nalaxone administered several times, I've come to on my own, I've been slapped awake. None of those were "very painful," and I'd be hard pressed to call them painful at all, except for the few days after coming out of a coma, and I was extremely weak and sore, but it didn't really hurt.

And his resuscitation is not part of the overdose, it's part of treating the overdose. You don't have to get treated after an overdose, plenty of people don't and die. It's a little silly if you can't distinguish the two. He didn't ask "Is getting Narcan painless?" He asked if overdosing is painless, and yes, it is.

I agree. It's part of what helps when close friends die from the shit. At least I knew that they went out with no pain. They were just high and then...nothing.

I agree. It's part of what helps when close friends die from the shit. At least I knew that they went out with no pain. They were just high and then...nothing.

This is complete bullshit. Have you lost a loved one??? I'm guessing not. I have lost too many people from drugs and it doesn't make you feel ANY better thinking "oh well they went out high as fuck".

Have you hands on witnessed an overdose? Given your best friend CPR? Carried your 200 pound friend who is completely limp, blue, not breathing or responding out to your car and driven him to the hospital?

Excuse me, I meant to say, treating the OD is inherently tied to to the process of OD'ing... I mean it's either that or death.

What say you wise sir in response to all the other posts here, that state in rather strong language that it is misleading to say an OD is painless?

My first reaction is to wonder if they even overdosed. I've had "overdoses" like these people are talking about and they weren't actually overdoses, I would just pass out and then wake back up.

If they WERE overdoses, than I just had different experiences. All of my TRUE overdoses I was high as balls and then I was out like a light. In fact, if I was going to commit suicide, it would be via heroin OD.

You've made your point. I'd appreciate it if you took all the other post different people have shared with us into account and squared them with your own experience. I'm sure there a way (i.e. you experience are not mine, and mine are not yours...).

You've made your point. I'd appreciate it if you took all the other post different people have shared with us into account and squared them with your own experience. I'm sure there a way (i.e. you experience are not mine, and mine are not yours...).
Quantity of the heroin is the only way I can. An extreme overdose, will not have a slow onset. That's not to say you couldn't stop breathing from a smaller overdose. A smaller OD could also inhibit your respiratory center in the brain stem. But the distinction, I can only believe is quantity.

I just wanted information from people with first hand experience. I have already made my decision but i just wanted to make sure.

I just wanted information from people with first hand experience. I have already made my decision but i just wanted to make sure.

And it is?.....

Quantity of the heroin is the only way I can. An extreme overdose, will not have a slow onset. That's not to say you couldn't stop breathing from a smaller overdose. A smaller OD could also inhibit your respiratory center in the brain stem. But the distinction, I can only believe is quantity.

So how do you make sense of

Agreed. Overdose is nothing trivial or something to joke about.

When I've overdosed I can compare it to a nightmare when you try to scream as loud as you can, but you cant or no one can hear you. Your soul is shouting "Hey! I want to live!!!!!" as your brain and body shut down.

One of the most bonechilling things I remember about ODing was SCREAMING silently "I WANT TO LIVE, PLEASE SAVE ME, I DONT WANT TO DIE LIKE THIS". I couldn't form words let alone speak, you aren't breathing enough to form words. It's like your drowning and you're staring up at the waters surface from deep underneath, and you're slowly sinking down, the surface becoming darker and harder to see.

After a certain point, your mind just wants to give up, and you cant take it anymore so you give in and blackout.

OD is not a trivial matter.

Does that not sound painful? Did tricomb just not take enough heroin not to feel any pain?

You want my advice? Don't start. I don't use heroin anymore, but just reading this thread and posting in it is starting to give me anxiety and making me feel sick thinking about that period of my life.

And it is?.....

So how do you make sense of

Does that not sound painful? Did tricomb just not take enough heroin not to feel any pain?

That just sounds like fear to me. Very different from physical pain, which is what I assumed from the beginning we were referring to. I think the quantity argument holds water here as well, anyway--had he taken more, he would have bypassed that stage of feeling the overdose coming on. I'm also skeptical whether or not that would have been a lethal overdose, although it's certainly possible.

I've had that experience he's talking about. I shot up, realized I just did way too fucking much, and thought I was dead. Then I blacked out, but woke up on my own some time later. And I wouldn't have considered that experience an OD in the true sense of the word, but I don't know all the particulars of his situation, which would be relevant.

Last edited:
@Trigeminal, I guess my overdose experiences don't live up to your standards. The point is overdose is not something you should be glorifying and it varies on a patient by patient, case by case basis. Your overdose is different from mine, even if we took exactly the same amount of the same drug. Everybody's different. YMMV.

I couldn't have put it better.

You want my advice? Don't start. I don't use heroin anymore, but just reading this thread and posting in it is starting to give me anxiety and making me feel sick thinking about that period of my life.

Good advice!

You can overdose from snorting a 'very small amount.' First of all, a 'small amount' is subjective.. we don't have any idea what you mean by that. Second theres no way for us to know the quality of your dope and your tolerance levels.

If you want to play it safe start with no larger than a match head amount of dope. Sniff it, wait atleast 10 minutes before redosing if you feel you need more to get higher.

Generally speaking if you are an every day or frequent user, sniffing is one of the safer ROA's and is harder to OD than say IVing. Once you start mixing other drugs in there..there's no telling what could happen.

Thanks for getting this back on track Swain :) An angel, you are.

If the dope is really REALLY good, even an amount as small as a match head can be too much to the novice user. But this is rather uncommon. I just wanted to make the point that it's REALLY important to start small and work your way up. That, as well as the point that you just never know when it comes to street dope.

I apologize for my part in hijacking this thread, apparently I misunderstood another poster and it could not be resolved peacefully.

I'm really worried about the OP, he sounded suicidal.

I've unapproved ALL of the inflammatory/heated f'ing and blinding in this thread. I appreciate we're touching on some very personal issues here, and my heart goes out to all of you who have either experienced an opiate OD, or experienced a loved one ODing, but you mustn't let emotions derail a thread focused on the prevention of further OD's. Let's keep the baiting at bay from now on.

How much heroin would you need to guarantee an overdose? Is it possible to overdose by snorting it?

wow this sounds really bad like this person really wanted to know how to OD to kill them self. man this is very scary and has officially freaked me out now. i really hope this person didnt go through with it(suicide that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.