• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction I'm out of veins. I need to shoot up. Help

Man, your internal jugulars.. They run parallel to your carotid artery. You really don't want to hit your carotid by mistake, you can give yourself a stroke (which could be fatal) if it goes into arteriospasm, which arteries tend to do. It's the artery that supplies a large proportion of your brain. Shooting there could cause a severe haemorrhage as well. If you miss and get an abscess that could be fatal too, an infection in your neck could erode into your carotid or jugular causing a massive haemorrhage, damage nerves and muscles and potentially spread to your head and brain. There are too many important structures in the neck to be going anywhere with a needle, even in a hospital setting they use ultrasound guidance these days.. The external jugular is more superficial and further away from the carotid but it's all far too risky. If you reach this stage you really need to stop shooting.

out of veins!!!! SUCKS but my suggestion to anyone else is to use your thighs!!! ive only been doing this for 5 months but appearantly i suck at it cus ive seen posts from others who done it 5 and still have a spot i poke myself (up to 76 x last pm) cont. and then the syringe gets full of blood and i can barely see the register - i really wanna find the basalic or near underarm one cus im 2 chicken shit to go to neck or groin but with my last 2 shots of meth left i might have to - if anyone can provide detailed inst on the basalic or anywhere upperarm id be so grateful! Thanks!

Coacine ruined mine. Feet -> gone ->arms / upper gone -> legs all gone except if you get a long needle and jab all of it in at 90 degrees angle -> hands, soso -> sucks, tried shooting up probably 40 times today then gave up. My blood sucks and my vein sucks. My veins are the most fragile crap ever, my girlfriend had better veins.

Now I shoot up in my stomach sometimes, need to get the needle in quite far not too sure how good that is, but it works if you are lucky (extremely hard to hit)

My stupid blood keeps clogging all needles, today it clogged 23g that I used in desperation. Couldn't even fucking push the plunger down without the syringe detaching from the needle pushing it inward while spilling my drugs.

I have to give up soon, not doing neck and definitely not my dick. I may be reckless, but some lines even I will not cross.

Have shot up addicts in neck several times, people usually ask me because I'm quite good at it. Except when I am high, especially on stims, that's what's ruined it for me. And no supply of new rigs very often, reused needles till they would no longer pierce the skin, sometimes then used brute force. Call me an idiot but I would not have done this had I been able to buy them at pharmacies, or if there were a needle exchange.

I miss my veins. Taking drugs just ain't the same when IV won't work. Though this compelled me to get off the drugs (lies, stop being addicted more correct), so I guess that's something positive. I don't enjoy snorting / eating opiates and stims, opiates can be ok but stims suck if I don't IV, I just want the rush, don't care for the high afterward.

I can enjoy the occasional shot these days, but that's all my veins can handle. Unfortunately if I am high on stims, I will get some kind of psychosis and keep trying even though it is impossible, this sucks when there is no one around to slap some sence into me. It's the definition of frustration when you can't register after so many tries.

My veins are about as thin as a thread, your regular USB contact is thicker. Well at least I got some motivation to hit the gym.

Track marks will soon look more like som kind of tribal pattern than scars tbh. Used to IV like 20 times a day some years ago.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE NECK, IF YOU MISS YOU MIGHT GET SWELLING AND DIE OF ASPHYXIATION -> read my posts and see how dumb I am, if you do this you are reaching a new level of stupid in my book

Last edited:
Ever consider plugging? With most substances, the bioavailability is still high and the stuff gets absorbed into the bloodstream quickly. It should satisfy you enough, and is likely healthier for you.

You might even find pleasure in the rituals of preparing a shot (needless syringe ofcourse) to administer up your ass. I came to enjoy preparing it myself, never IV'd though. Sticking something up your ass might seem unappealing, but it's really not bad at all and has plenty of benefits for doing so.

No offense but IMO if you ran out of veins, that's a pretty good sign that you need to stop..at least stop using the needle. Come on, now..

Ever consider plugging? With most substances, the bioavailability is still high and the stuff gets absorbed into the bloodstream quickly. It should satisfy you enough, and is likely healthier for you.

You might even find pleasure in the rituals of preparing a shot (needless syringe ofcourse) to administer up your ass. I came to enjoy preparing it myself, never IV'd though. Sticking something up your ass might seem unappealing, but it's really not bad at all and has plenty of benefits for doing so.

I have and I don't care for it. I'm not after saving money, which is the only thing this will do compared to other ROAs. Once IV, always IV. There is no turning back. Drugs like stimulants are only worth the rush, otherwise I'd rather not take them at all. Doing heroin without shooting it would feel boring.

I do drugs mostly for the rush only. So for me IV is the only way (except with some drugs)

Shouldn't it be possible to use an ultrasound machine to locate otherwise impossible/hard to hit veins as some kind of desperate last resort?

Last edited:
Shouldn't it be possible to use an ultrasound machine to locate otherwise impossible/hard to hit veins as some kind of desperate last resort?

They make vein finders that are used by EMT's, nurses, etc. Some of them are really expensive (the really good ones) but others, like The Veinlite EMS, is not too bad and I've personally tried it.

I wouldn't recommend this to hardly anybody, but in your case (getting ready to hit the jug and all), i would suggest you start cooking your stuff and smoking it. At least long enough to give some veins a break. Then you will most definitely get the rush you crave.

This happened to me recently. I blew out every vein in my upper body (not my neck or head). I wasted about 1.5 grams of meth. I am still pissed off but I just said fuck it. Wait till it heals and try again. I am a junkie but I do lead a productive life, I only do it when I visit my parents and usually binge for 1 week then I'm clean for 6 months

I blew out the crook of my right arm in one night of shooting coke non-stop with a dull needle. That was about 15 years ago... still have the scar, still cant use it. Stop while you're alive. and ffs, I hate to even mention this, but do not even think about going for the jugular or your dick. If you're hell bent on doing it, rock it up and smoke it.

i have very few locations that i can inject so i rotate but just between these places and my bloods always been thick
but lately its been thicker then usual and now whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting
and ive had weird headaches for the past couple days every time i do a shot it feels like pressure, throbbing, sometimes like somethings crawling under my scalp
and my arms (where i inject) get tired very easily and theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?

Dangerous deathly infections. Lomar Odums friend Jamie died from infection related to dirty swollen site use like you described. I often ask my self a question how far will I go to fuck myself up to get fucked up. At some point it's not worth it. Specially if you can be careful but you refuse.

I don't even feel comfortable contributing after you said that. I don't want to sound like a preacher either. I suggest you get some band aids and hand sanitizer and if possible get medihoney for your wounds and lastly don't shoot in your arm knowing it's not in a vein. It cause crazy infection and swelling. Sometimes taking a extra shower or two can really help your skin heal and feel better.

Dehydration, Hep A,B or most likely C
Also clots.

You ruin a vein and another you kill more and more ways for circulation of blood. Which will cause all that and more.

Your system needs purged. You need it your organs. Your brain. The more liquid you can drink will help. So don't just sip chug some Gatorade and milk and eat!!

i have very few locations that i can inject so i rotate but just between these places and my bloods always been thick
but lately its been thicker then usual and now whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting
and ive had weird headaches for the past couple days every time i do a shot it feels like pressure, throbbing, sometimes like somethings crawling under my scalp
and my arms (where i inject) get tired very easily and theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?

what is plugging?

You really ought to consider switching ROA. I know that's probably not want you want to hear, being an IV drug user myself, I understand that once you turn to the needle, it's almost inconceivable to go back. But if your out of agell your veins in your arms ands, you should consider plugging instead. It's the only other ROA that has almost as fast of an onset as IV, and usually a good BA.

You especially dont want to be messing around with hard to hit veins when shooting coke. It's hard to tell when you miss a shot of cocaine, as it numbs the injection site almost immediately, even before you deliver the shot. I don't want to condone smoking freebase, but if you want a similar rush, you might consider doing that instead. Missed shots of coke can be really nasty, especially with the horrible cutting agents they're using today.

Also, a missed shit in the foot or legs is more dangerous, as the circulation is slower down there, so you're more prone to infection and abscess. Check out a diagram of the veinous system in the arms. I imagine you still have one or two left that are usable, if you are definately going to shoot.

I'm also having issues with my veins.i do meth & always use the same 2 veins bBcuz they're easier to see n feel in my fatty arms but after a few shots its almost impossible to hit & I try other places but miss.on ur post u mention"plugging",I'm not familiar with this but im very curious!

I'm also having issues with my veins.i do meth & always use the same 2 veins bBcuz they're easier to see n feel in my fatty arms but after a few shots its almost impossible to hit & I try other places but miss.on ur post u mention"plugging",I'm not familiar with this but im very curious!
Never mind!! As I kept reading others posts I was shockingly educated on plugging! Lol..not my cup of tea lol I'll just do a line & give my veins a rest.

I have been an on-and-off IV user for years, and I luckily never had this problem I have really good veins. In fact, I can usually hit a vein without even tying off my arm.

The only time I've ever really fucked up my veins is when I'm doing speedballs, and I shoot up like 20 times in the same vein with the same needle. Even then, it usually heals within a week or two.

I have a friend who I used to shoot up with, and he would always take like half an hour (or longer) to find a vein. One time, we were shooting up in the staircase of an apartment building, and he took so long to find a vein that the cops showed up and arrested us. Luckily, in the city/state where I was living, heroin possession is not a serious criminal charge.

^Yeah some people's veins are just thinner, more prone to insult, perhaps they have a bigger vascular system in certain areas good for "hitting" where the body compensates for the blown vein by immediately rerouting all traffic through other deeper smaller veins... there are shitloads of veins to hit most of them are really really deep though. If you know the one in the crook of the arm, not the one on the bottom but the one "above" it so to speak... the "traditional" one people think of when IV drug users... depending on how I put the needle in (at an angle compared to parallel), I've been able to accidentally hit the one that is deeper than it more easily than the surface one. Everyone's vascular system has idiosyncracies and only through rotating spots is it possible to retain the look of one's arms while still being a heavy IV user... even some people I've known even with switching out rigs etc, depending on the quality of the dope it seems to just dissolve people's veins almost permanently, after a night of binging.

God damnit, all this talk of shooting up is making me miss it!

I'm American but I've been living overseas for several months (I have family here), and I don't have access to dope here. There simply isn't a black market for opiates or heroin where I'm at, so I couldn't get any even if I wanted to (which is a good thing).

All this talk of shooting up and needles is making me really miss it, though. I miss shooting up more than I miss the high. If someone offered me dope right now but told me I had to smoke or snort it (as opposed to shooting it), I'd probably turn it down. I don't even miss being high. I miss the needle, though. And the rush.

Yep, I'm basically the same. I would definitely crave to smoke some blk right now though. Would send me right to sleep and right as rain in the morning.yet here I am despite benzos, weed, ibuprofen, plenty of mental/physical stimulation and been a 2-3month period since I last took bupe... Just still tossing and turning. Oh well, I mean I had some fentanyl laced bars a few days ago, for the ridiculous cheap price they were at. Too Good to be true, turns out that perhaps there was some benzo on them, but I ate a few and some felt almost psychedelic/sleep/hunger inducing, others made me scratch and made me nod, and still other bars of this same batch only seemed to stimulate me in a peculiar fashion. So idk I'm trying other stuff other than what I've had on my script, 0.25mg triazolam and 0.5mg clonazepam/day, the clonazepam just keeps me chilled out enough to be able to deal with stress I guess, and triazolam is more for when I get really sleepy but still can't sleep... I dunno its just been lame since I stopped subs, with work and everything else... Has thoroughly fucked up my flow. This is after using for like 4-5 years and abt 2 years of subs.