• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction I'm out of veins. I need to shoot up. Help

I face the same problem. From the get-go my veins have been hard to hit, hard to find, hard to everything... even doctors gotta stick me like 5-6 times before I ever closed any of the main veins down. My vein closure has been accelerated by the fact that I shoot cocaine = vasoconstriction = death of tissue = closed veins... that along with the few spots I have to IV in, my veins close pretty quickly unless I'm super super careful.

Really, my only advice, and this will sound comical/fucked up, but it's what I've been doing: workout. Lifting weights and exercise will get those smaller veins that are hidden pumping and swelling to where you can see them. I've been working out hard the past 2 months and I'm seeing new veins pop up now. Of course, those aren't as good as your old ones, but.. what else can ya do?

Good luck.

and yes, heat and moisture help bring out veins better too

and a question... you guys seriously plug cocaine? I've seen waht it did to me on missed shots - completely ate through my skin like it was acid. I can't imagine it in my fucking anus. That would seriously get you 2-3 new assholes. I mean, I've never done it. Any comments on this? I heard this recently and LMAO, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Hey chick...Heat heat and more heat...Plus movement...You know like when you do the dishes??..The veins all stick out of my hands when i do the dishes...Hot water hot but not too hot of course...But thats my opinion...

I have been where you are chickadee...had screwed all the veins i could find, because i didnt know what i was doing...I was jabbing at my self some 15 times per needle.. had congealed blood up the syringe clotting and clotting as i jab and jab and jab crying sometimes, trying blindly to hit a vein...(Always fucks up on your last shot too!! Dont know why that happens..First shot, second shot third are all pearlers...The last one though fucks up on me all the time( ...Had blood pissing out me...Looked fucking disgusting...Then i start looking for even more obscure veins like you are now...If we couldnt get the easy ones, how do we get the obscure?...

Anyway, i aint judging you one bit...I have been there also..Its time for a break though..You really got to let em heal..
Anyway chick...Water, shoers, do dishes, anything that really warms you up should assist you in IVing..:)

Heat is not a good idea when you're shooting cocaine (or using cocaine in anyway). I'm not sure how it works, but it increases the chance of a heart attack/heart problems.

I've had luck getting veins on the inside of my bicep, by the armpit, when all others were failing me. There are some pretty fat ones up there but they are deep, so you almost have to go straight in with the rig to reach them. It's a very painful spot to IV, but there are good veins there. How about your neck? It should be a last resort, but clearly you are nearing that juncture. I have a friend, an old time dope fiend who has been using for 30+ years and he now exclusively uses his neck. Downside is you need to be in front of a mirror to do it. Both of these spots aren't by any means pleasant to fix in, but if you're like me and the friends I've had throughout the years..you're either gonna get clean or start popping off in your throat. It's clearly more dangerous, that is implied when sticking needles in your neck. The HR in me will tell you to just get clean or take a break while your veins heal and then be very careful and use proper technique when starting up again so you don't trash the veins so fast. But the junkie in me says, neck, armpits. Whatever it takes to chase the rush right? Now you know why they call it a disease. We're fucked up in the head.

^No kidding. I'm stubborn. I'll sit and keep poking, no matter how long or how many needles I gotta use. I never really timed, but I know Ive watched entire hour long shows and still hadn't hit.

^No kidding. I'm stubborn. I'll sit and keep poking, no matter how long or how many needles I gotta use. I never really timed, but I know Ive watched entire hour long shows and still hadn't hit.

Hah, absolutely. I get into like a trance when I'm fixing and can't hit. People could be talking to me, yelling at me, the fucking ground could be opening up to swallow everything whole, but I tune it all out. Blood will be pouring down my arms and shit and I'll just keep sticking myself over and over until I register clean. It's sick. I remember the days when I could duck into a Starbucks bathroom in the east village, get out my gear, tie off and register immediately. In and out, wham bam thank you mam. It sure made being a junkie on the go a whole lot easier. Though I have been clean now for a while so I could probably hit one of the veins in my wrist or hand pretty quick, at least until they went back into hiding a couple weeks later. Hah.

Last edited:
I appreciate you standing up for me swain................:) thanks.......
@@maxim you are right...but we are not here to judge. You don't know his/her whole situation.

Also, you are going to come into contact with a lot of addicts on this board.. Just so you know.

Miss Kirsty............you are RIGHT ON!!!!! I was cracking up reading your post because that is exactly where I have been. Especially about the congealed blood up the syringe clotting and clotting........damn that sucks. I'm so glad someone knows where I'm coming from. I'm gonna take a break.........from everything.............thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How about your neck? It should be a last resort, but clearly you are nearing that juncture

I really advise against this. IV coke in the neck has a really high chance of causing panic attacks because it's such an instant and strong high. But that's just my 2 cents, the risk is all yours to take OP. Just say safe.

^ I'm pretty sure IV coke would tend to produce anxiety no matter what vein was used...

If someone is contemplating injecting into his/her jugular, I'd say they would have much more important things to worry about than a panic attack.

anybody have advise on Adderall VS. Vyvanse 60 mg. capsule. what can I expect???? I took a 60 mg. Vyvanse and have felt nothing and it's been 6 hours.

I really advise against this. IV coke in the neck has a really high chance of causing panic attacks because it's such an instant and strong high. But that's just my 2 cents, the risk is all yours to take OP. Just say safe.

Not sure why the neck would promote a panic attack any more than the crook of the elbow? The high is instant as it is.. it takes 1 second to hit you.. I get high before the plungers even totally down.

That being said.. IV in the neck is dangerous especialyl with coke. Thr eason I say that is a few things.. if you miss a shot you can get swelling, obstruct blood flow to and from brain and even your throat passage could be obstructed. If you are shooting coke, its way easier to miss because its numbing the area..

God forbit an abscess forms or infection spreads around up there.. who knows, what if it spreads to you rbrain. I mean I am not a doctor.. but that would be my biggest concern. That vein is vital.. really not one you want to fuck around with.

Here's some help original Poster, GET ON SUBOXONE ASAP before you die of a blood born infection. A lady I knew just recently died, and she too, couldn't ever find a vein so she started shooting it into her neck, and inevitably, now she's 6 feet under or was she cremated? I forget...I know how harsh I sound but with newer ways out of this horrible addiction like subs and methadone and even tramadol for God's sake, just do that before you kill yourself. Heroin is good, and I know, believe me, heroin is great, but life is better and your body is a temple, don't shit on it, help it.

^ I'm pretty sure IV coke would tend to produce anxiety no matter what vein was used...

If someone is contemplating injecting into his/her jugular, I'd say they would have much more important things to worry about than a panic attack.

Yea, for real. You get the same high no matter where you hit, but it's just so dangerous hitting in the neck since what would be a minor complication in another area like the arm, is a major complication in the neck. Treating an abscess in the neck is not easy, and skin grafts there aren't as simple as ones on the arm. Also, I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure that if it gets really infected, they can't amputate your neck and keep you alive. :\

im sorry but being a former IV H addict, this thread makes me sad. i too have lost so many veins that if i wanted to i would have to use my hands or feet. some things i can say:

use HIGHER guaged rigs, ie get 30 or 31 NOT 27 as you can hit smaller veins with these which reside on your extremities....not like the huge pipes that used to be on your arms.

PLEASE stay away from the neck. it is just so fucked up. if you miss in your neck you are in for a fucking world of trouble.

now, if you are using IV C, well it is even worse for a missed shot. however with tar and the base that needs to be hit with acid in the UK.,....it can be just as bad.

a friend of mine went to the hospital for shooting C in his foot. NOT COOL. almost lost his damn foot over a bellringer.

i really really would just get on suboxone or methadone if you are trying to hit your neck or have no veins left. your body is trying to tell you something.

for C i would simply smoke it. all the heads i know that lost veins are on done and smoke crack. not saying it is a good life, but at least you dont risk amputation! i actually dont know anyone, personally, anymore as i got out of that life.....but im bringing up old experiences and observations from being a VET for 5 yrs.

last words:
FUCK THAT SHIIIIIIIT.

thank you.

Not sure why the neck would promote a panic attack any more than the crook of the elbow? The high is instant as it is.. it takes 1 second to hit you.. I get high before the plungers even totally down.

That being said.. IV in the neck is dangerous especialyl with coke. Thr eason I say that is a few things.. if you miss a shot you can get swelling, obstruct blood flow to and from brain and even your throat passage could be obstructed. If you are shooting coke, its way easier to miss because its numbing the area..

God forbit an abscess forms or infection spreads around up there.. who knows, what if it spreads to you rbrain. I mean I am not a doctor.. but that would be my biggest concern. That vein is vital.. really not one you want to fuck around with.

As yet, they haven't figured out a way to amputate a human head and keep the person alive.

IV use in your jugular is reckless and stupid.

That's what I was trying to elaborate on ^

IMO it's more likely to promote an overdose which on a stimulant would lead to a panic attack. And at the same time, like you said, IV use of any kind of a stimulant provides instant effects and could promote a panic attack. But administration through the neck has the potential to promote it more, no matter how much.

^ The high is still the same though, but there are more dangers associated with IVing in the neck, as myself and others have pointed out.

Effects in terms of the high: IV in neck = IV in any other vein
Dangers and risks: IV in neck > IV in any other vein

I think the second most dangerous place to hit would be the femoral vein due to its close proximity to the femoral artery, making it easy to accidentally hit the artery on accident, especially since they are both deep and you are pretty much going in there blind.

Figure out a way to get new needles, some states like new york let you buy them in the pharmacy. Also get higher gauge needles, I always used 30 and never had a problem with them clogging, but i guess some ppl might so just use the highest u can.
As for shooting in the foot, those guys roll like nothing else, so you can't really do it with a dull needle. And im assuming you've tried taking a hot shower and doing jumping jacks or whatever, I used to tie off and then swing my arm around in circles really fast to get the veins in my arm or hand up.
But new, higher gauge needles make all the difference in the world, it went from shooting out vein after vein to it barely leaving a mark at all.

Just dont Jug it! ughh Thats so nasty to watch someone shoot up in the neck. I watched a guy hit right above his ripcage on his chest.

I've used the internal jugular veins in my neck as a last resort a couple of times. A long time addict friend of mine, who now almost solely fixes in his neck, showed me one day when the veins on the rest of my body were particularly fussy. Despite the dangers and risk involved, the internal jugular veins—one on each side of your throat starting at your clavicle and going straight upwards under your jaw, are pretty fat and not that difficult to hit. I'd go straight in, at almost a 90 degree angle right above my clavicle, rotating from the left side to the right, and register almost immediately. For harm reduction purposes, I can't in good conscious recommend this spot..but it can be used fairly easily as a last resort.. but you need to take extra care.

Here is a diagram to showcase the two internal jugular veins I spoke about.

picture-12.png