• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread (2nd edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn there is so much information on this and it all seems amazing. Anyway, anyone have any allergic reactions to this? Would it be safe to assume that if you are not allergic to 2c-i, you would not be allergic to this compound?

Probably be safest to assume nothing at all with a compound that's been out since 2010 at the earliest. Some people have had insanely bad reactions to this stuff. Example : http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=94953

Start out very low and work your way up, don't jump in the deep end with this compound.

Probably be safest to assume nothing at all with a compound that's been out since 2010 at the earliest. Some people have had insanely bad reactions to this stuff. Example : http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=94953

Start out very low and work your way up, don't jump in the deep end with this compound.

what he said. it should be a fairly safe chemical, particularly if you have previous experiences with the 2C-X or DOX family, but ALWAYS start low and work up. an allergy test cant hurt either, but with a full dose only being about 1mg, physical allergic reactions shouldnt be much concern to the general user.

Okay, so me and four friends were waiting on our free sample of some 25i-nbome. i read on Erowid that a fair dosage is 500 ug. Anyways the sample came in at about 1:45 and i was majorly stoked, seeing as i had never tripped other than alvia, which was quite forgettable. so i probably took about 1.3mg of the 10mg same we were given. everybody took about the same amount except for my one friend took probably closer to 5 mg. It was then when we waited for effects. but 4 hours later, i hadnt noticed a change in anything at all. Not even any mimimal changes. I was extremely confused at this point, but my friend, who had taken 5mg, was laughing histerically. When we ingested this drug, we dabbed our dosage on the tip of our index fingers and licked it off. I know i ingested a fair amount, because the taste of bunk ass chemicals filled my mouth and lingered for a few minutes. What i want to know though, is why didn't it affect me and my other 2 friends with a fair dosage? :|
No research about ROA and no measured doses. You're lucky you did it via oral and didn't snort it. Keep up what you're doing and you'll get a Darwin award.

^ He would have received the award post-mortem.

I was wondering does 25i cross tolerance to 5-MeO-DMT?

Yes. As a rule of thumb, if any drugs share similar effects, those effects will produce cross tolerance to each other.

No research about ROA and no measured doses. You're lucky you did it via oral and didn't snort it. Keep up what you're doing and you'll get a Darwin award.

sounds like these guys effectively took an oral dose, rather than sustaining buccal/sublingual contact for the necessary 15-30min

Hi, the freebase now seems amazingly cheap compared to the HCL, at least where I'm looking anyway. To convert to a salt, would it be a good idea to dissolve the freebase in a NP solvent like hexane, then add acid until the salt crashes out? Would white vinegar work for this? Or would HCL be better?

I'd just add an excess of dilute HCl, evap and wash with dry acetone. Does it form a nice acetate?

I'd just add an excess of dilute HCl, evap and wash with dry acetone. Does it form a nice acetate?

Cheers, wouldn't the salt dissolve in the water from the hcl? Would you decant the water and dissolve that to get your crystals or just the whole thing?

Cheers, wouldn't the salt dissolve in the water from the hcl? Would you decant the water and dissolve that to get your crystals or just the whole thing?

yes. the salt will very easily dissolve in water (or better, ethanol like in vodka) at 30-50mg/mL depending on the mixture and temperature. and you wont get an acetate from HCl, youll get an hcl salt. (acetate comes from vinegar/acetic acid, citrate from lemon juice/citric acid, fumerate from fumeric acid)

id avoid the acetone wash, seems unneccessary and ive found in the past that making anhydrous acetone is tedious and annoying to deal with, especially if you only want a few mL of it as the case would be here. (anyways, the hcl-acidified water should evaporate easily if im not mistaken)

when possible, spend a little more to get the nbome-hcl salt. salting the freebase yourself can be tough to predict and adds materials and effort to your work that is unneccessary by paying a chinese lab a few extra dollars. (nbomes are getting cheap now due to increased production, closing the gap on 2c-x prices!) I previously performed a citrate conversion on a small freebase sample that i used 200% excess acid (citric acid isnt particularly strong though) and resulted in a barely-active compound that was either still freebase or was partially-destroyed by the acid. im sure a second try would be far better, but getting hcl salts in the first place avoids the issue entirely.

and you wont get an acetate from HCl, youll get an hcl salt. (acetate comes from vinegar/acetic acid, citrate from lemon juice/citric acid, fumerate from fumeric acid)
I know mate, I was just asking if it does form a nice acetate. Yeah, the acetone wash isn't really necessary, I have anhydrous acetone lying around anyway, no need to go out of your way if it would be hassle for you.
Yeah, it will dissolve in the water, but both the water and the excess HCl will evaporate.

^ah. ive read reports of people converting with vinegar with no ill effects, but in terms of stability or bio availability i'm not sure.

if you have4 the anhydrous already then its definitely more feasible then making a batch explicitely for your desired purpose. 2 hours with the oven and then the filtering of particle epsom salts and gunk after - not my favorite lab exercise...

i still would say the acetone step is not really necessary as it'll only serve to add solvents to the equation and any traces of water in it (unless using lab-grade purchased anhydrous acetone, the stuff you make yourself is gonna still have a few % water in it). Id do a simple conversion to hcl salt form if you can locate muriatic acid, and K.I.S.S. is a very good philosophy for chemistry.

I meant a nice crystalline dry solid, though if you leave it in solution it's no biggy.
i still would say the acetone step is not really necessary as it'll only serve to add solvents to the equation and any traces of water in it (unless using lab-grade purchased anhydrous acetone, the stuff you make yourself is gonna still have a few % water in it). Id do a simple conversion to hcl salt form if you can locate muriatic acid, and K.I.S.S. is a very good philosophy for chemistry.
Agreed.

Tried 500ug 25i and had a pretty nauseating time. Think I may have brought on a mild serotonin poisoning. I take 20mg fluoxetine too. I felt that 25i has some great potential, but the nausea spoilt it for me. Anyway, I know now - no ssri mixing! I'm withdrawing anyway so I'll give it a few weeks and then try again. Despite feeling quite ill yesterday, I feel fantastic today and I believe 25i could have some positive prolonged benefits.

a little bit of alcohol helps with the bodyload and anxiety sometimes, a hard drink on the comeup is nice (both for these reasons and because its liquor)

I was wondering if 25I could be smoked? I was thinking of dropping 3 drops of 25I (apx 450 mcg) onto the weed in my bowl. Anyone know if this would work?

^supposedly with the freebase this works, using a low dose (450mic would work well i assume), and is said to last about ~2hrs with strong visuals. no idea if it works in salt form though, but i dont think it could hurt to try, its not a large amount of chem thats entering your lungs (like smoking something in the multi-milligram range).

start low (300mic) and give it 20min to kick in. if no/limited effects try another single drop. repeat every 10-20min as sen fit based on effects or lack thereof. (dont smoke more than 700mics in the first hour tho, in case its delayed)

I found it to last about 4 hours. I vaporised the freebase.

I didn't think it was much more potent, strangely.

I added some MDAI (50mg, a low dose) at about 2 hours in and had no luck getting to sleep at 6 hours.

I don't think I would bother again and I certainly wouldn't add MDAI, it just added a cloudy darkness to the trip.

This thread is relevant to my interests. Anyone have any other insight on dissolving 25I-NBOMe in any sort of liquid? I have 50 mg on the way and would like some more experiences/knowledge on long term storage in a liquid solution, say, 6 months to a year. I would also like to be snorting the liquid as well, and I don't think snorting alcohol would be very pleasant. Input?

Status
Not open for further replies.