• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is stronger: Generic Darvocet 100mg or Hydrocodone 10mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedball820

Greenlighter
I'm on Day 5 of no Suboxone and have weaned my pill stash down to only about 20 left. I'm still trying to get that nice opiate high that H used to give me. What would I have a better chance with? How much is a normal does of Darvocet 100mg?

Hydrocodone. Darvocet never did ANYTHING for me. not one thing. YMMV though.

Yes, hydrocodone by faaaaaaaaaar. Darvocet, that went off the market, no? Darvocet is one of the weakest opioids out there.

BTW, the longer you wait to take the hydrocodone the more you'll enjoy yourself. By day seven no suboxone you'll be gooolden :) But regardless, enjoy!

pure Darvon is a different story, but still TPD is right I'd take pure hydrocodone over pure propoxyphene.

You will never get a nice high from darvocet ha.

Ever.

In a million years.

isn't it toxic also?

NSFW:
=wiki
Toxicity

Overdose is commonly broken into two categories: liver toxicity (from paracetamol poisoning) and dextropropoxyphene overdose.

Many users experience toxic effects from the paracetamol (acetaminophen) in pursuit of the endlessly-increasing dose required for pain relief. They suffer acute liver toxicity, which causes severe stomach pains, nausea, and vomiting (all of which are increased by light or stimulation of the sense of sight).

An overdose of dextropropoxyphene may lead to various systemic effects. Excessive opioid receptor stimulation is responsible for the CNS depression, respiratory depression, miosis, and gastrointestinal effects seen in propoxyphene poisoning. It may also account for mood/thought altering effects.

In addition, both propoxyphene and its metabolite norpropoxyphene have local anesthetic effects at concentrations about 10 times those necessary for opioid effects. Norpropoxyphene is a more potent local anesthetic than propoxyphene, and they are both more potent than lidocaine.[11] Local anesthetic activity appears to be responsible for the arrhythmias and cardiovascular depression seen in propoxyphene poisoning.[12]

Both propoxyphene and norpropoxyphene are potent blockers of cardiac membrane sodium channels and are more potent than lidocaine, quinidine, and procainamide in this respect.[13] As a result, propoxyphene and norpropoxyphene appear to have the characteristics of a Vaughn-Williams Class Ic antiarrhythmic.

These direct cardiac effects include decreased heart rate (i.e. cardiovascular depression), decreased contractility, and decreased electrical conductivity (i.e., increased PR, AH, HV, and QRS intervals). These effects appear to be due to their local anesthetic activity and are not reversed by naloxone.[11][12][14] Widening of the QRS complex appears to be a result of a quinidine-like effect of propoxyphene, and sodium bicarbonate therapy appears to have a positive direct effect on the QRS dysrhythmia.[15]

Seizures may result from either opioid or local anesthetic effects.[11] Pulmonary edema may result from direct pulmonary toxicity, neurogenic/anoxic effects, or cardiovascular depression.[12]

Last edited:
Stay away from darvocet.... It sucks major dick. I mean I had a full bottle of it and threw it away. That's how much it sucks.

As stated. Yes it is indeed toxic and that is why it was withdrawn.

^yup, another reason why I didn't touch the stuff again. Such a nasty drug... I hate it even more than tramadol and that's shocking that I can hate another prescription medication more than that.

I'm pretty sure 100 mg of Dextropropoxyphine Napsylate (Darvocet) is much, much weaker to hydrocodone (it's barely stronger than codeine). Also, you have to take into consideration that 100 mg of the napsylate is equivalent to 65 mg of propoxyphine hcl. I found a bottle of these recently, and used a ton of them to ween myself off of a little dope bender, before going back on buprenorphine. The high is really nasty and confusing, and there is no way that I can figure out to CWE them, so your stuck consuming the APAP.

Also, I've heard that Darvon (dextropropoxyphine hcl) is better than Darvocet, and that in the Napsylate form, the drug is released more slowly, almost as if it is extended release.

Also, dextropropoxyphine metabolizes into norpropoxyphine which is a strong anaesthetic which can easily kill you. There is very little space to mess around with, even if you are opiate tolerant, because of this fact. You can OD off of an opiate that will never get you high..

Last edited:
Hydrocodone is much stronger than propoxyphene in any form. Plus, Darvocet/propoxyphene was recently taken off the shelves for its toxicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.