• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

Here's what a friend of mine found is the best way to insufflate (sp?) the new 'plastic' OPs. Use a dremel to grind off the outer coating, down to the white. After that, use the dremel grinding tool to grind it down into powder...(into some sort of container, so you don't lose any.) Friend says a 1/4 of a 20 mg will last for the day. (up to 8 hours). This is the best & only way that actually works. Good luck, be safe & BE CAREFUL.

I am brand new here so I'm sorry for any ignorance. I'm in Pain Management and was recently prescribed generic Oxymorphone ER 15mg. I've heard that the generic has been abused cause it doesn't have the gelling precaution and can be abused much easier. I have a really high tolerance. Coming off 8mg Suboxone/day due to cost-insurance won't cover when prescribed for PM. I started the new prescription and found I'm not on a high enough dose but can't go back to my doc for a month. How do I get a stronger dose out of my prescription? Has anyone had the generic version? My 15 mg is a round white tab with a cursive looking D engraved on one side and 262 on the other. Any advice is much appreciated.

It might be that the suboxone is still blocking the opana a bit. As for how to get more, you get about 4x the dose by snorting it compared to taking it orally, and I think you can snort the ones you have. Oh and that's not a 'D' on them, it's a half moon.

Hey all, I know this has been covered time & again, but I got about 20 of the biconcave green 20 E's, and hace been experimenting--don't have a dremel tool, but I do have an extremely sturdy Ped Egg type device. I've tried everything with them (because they were free, woop woop!) and these were the top most effective methods.

Disclaimer: none of these methods have given me the blissful "rush," but have all resulted in that nice, warm feeling and eventual nod. Also, the wax matrix in them means that it is pretty harmful to snort & smoke (i would imagine--silicon is never good for the lungs) so use with caution. I don't plan on getting any more of these after running out. Far too much work.

There is also no provision here for slamming. Not something I'm interested in trying with a chewing gum pill.

Except for the water/alcohol overnight method, always start with this: lick & wipe off coating with tshirt or whatever. ped egg (using pliers or something of the sort to hold the pill, of course, to keep from getting your skin) or dremel down to dust. You'll get a mixture of fine dust and a few flaky, waxier particles--these can be sifted and cut down into tinier pieces using nail clippers. So now you have your powder. What next?

1) In my opinion, the most noticeably awesome high came from smoking it. Just like base H, on a foilie, with a cardboard tube (for the love of god don't waste good drugs by vaping them with a straw!). Won't run quite like H so it's better to crease the foil, add a long line of the powder and run the flame down as you move down. I was quite pleased with this--it tasted and burned and vaped EXACTLY like base H. This was a shot in the dark since I wasn't sure it would vape properly without converting it to another form, but lo and behold, it worked beautifully.

2) Snort. It'll eventually gel up in the back of your throat/sinuses (and is pretty fucking incredible when it comes out; I blew a bogey the girth and length of a betting pencil, I shit you not). doesn't hit you quite like the IRs, but it does give a nice, mellow buzz for some time)

3) parachuting with alcohol. I've heard/read that alcohol potentiates and increases the awful BA of this drug (~10%), but that it can be substantially increased with alcohol. I tried this method with the powder and a rizzla, and had a few stiff drinks before and after, and while it did give a slightly better onset "rush" after it kicked in (~15, 20 minutes), it was short lived and left me irritable as fuck.

4) alcohol extraction. 90%+ iso or ethanol, dump the pill (can be whole or shaved), let it sit for a few hours, and do whatever you want with it--if you sift out the pieces, you can dilute it with water without it gelling up and snort it (some people are and some aren't OK with snorting liquid, although this is much easier if you use the nasal spray method), or you can just drink the mixture--with all of the OM released and the alcohol potentiating it, this provides a decent buzz. But the best way I've found with this method is the ever-faithful plugging. I read that OM does not have any higher a rectal than oral BA, but anecdotally, I'm not so sure that's true. I got a pretty good high, a decent rush and one hell of a nod.

5) CWE. dump a couple of these (WHOLE PILLS, NOT crushed) into a ¼ full glass of cold water (you'll need more of the CW than you did if you used the alcohol method), let it sit for 24 hours. you'll be left with a couple of weird, translucent green domes--at this point, they are essentially useless, but if you're like…probably everyone else on this forum…nothing should go to waste, right? The liquid left behind, now slightly viscous, is good to drink or plug. Again, if you drink it, do it with an alcohol chaser or whatever else helps you nod. It makes it better.

and finally, 6) - just chew the shit out of it until it tastes bitter and, well, like an opiate, and wash it back with some good whiskey.

As far as potentiators go, here's what I have found helps, in order of efficacy:
Alcohol
Phenergan
DXM
Diphenhydramine (for the nod)
Xanax/valium (again, this is just a combination to relax you and get the nod--be careful. It's so easy to OD on an benzopiate cocktail).

Hopefully this is helpful. I still have about 400mg left and would love to hear some other stories about people in the same plight.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I felt that this deserves a bump because I just dosed with the best experimental method yet (so also, this might be a little scatterbrained and filled with nod-induced trailing! ed: I woke up a full hour after typing that last bit). It's a LOT like some of the methods mentioned above, but I'm going to take you step-by-step for a method that legitimately worked for me, resulting in either a dark brown powder or a light brown gummy-type product, depending on how you want to use it and therefore whether or not you take the final step.

So I have read loads about people experimenting (semi-successfully) with CWE, alcohol extraction, cooking, filing, dremeling, baking and crushing…bottom line, we all know these pills are a fucking pain and are doing whatever we can to get around the time release/wax matrix. I decided to combine a few of the methods to: (i) extract the oxymorphone (WITHOUT SPENDING IT!!!) ; (ii) break down the wax; and (iii) dry it out into a usable form (railed, bumped, gummed, sublingual, parachute, smoking…etc. etc. whatever; just remember this drug's abysmal oral BA without [and honestly, even with] potentiation). So without further ado…

1) Create a solution in which to drop & leave the dose for 24 hours (at least; patience is a virtue). I took two pills and dropped them into a cup containing 25ml surgical spirit (90% ethanol; isopropyl alcohol will work here as well, and since the alcohol is only to break down the wax and not to extract the OM without any gelling occurring, you do not need to worry about a certain percentage of alcohol beyond this. Theoretically total alcohol composition could be as low as 5%, but use more to be safe) and 125ml ice-cold water. Yes, these pills gel up in water, but since they were to be left without being disturbed, there only needed to be enough alcohol in the mixture to gradually break down the chemical composition of the wax.
Because oxymorphone is cold water soluble and the fillers (the important ones, anyway) are not, and because of the alcohol, 24 hours of this sitting in the refrigerator left the pills looking like translucent, amorphous blobs, and the liquid as slightly more viscous and a touch cloudier than water. Because of the alcohol, however, gelling was kept to a minimum as the alcohol broke down the thickening agent.

2) Double boil. This method would probably be served just as well by pouring the contents into a large, shallow container and letting the liquid evaporate (in fact, that is probably better as you stand a 0% chance of accidentally burning or vaping perfectly good OM), but I was impatient so I boiled water in a large pan, set a metal mixing bowl over it, and poured the contents (without the "balls" of the pills) into the mixing bowl. After the water boiled I set the cooker to medium-low heat and very, very slowly allowed evaporation to occur. This took about 15 minutes.

3) Remove the remnants. What was left in the mixing bowl was a white & light brown, sticky (but not waxy) residue. I used a straight edged razor (because I don't have enough junkie habits as it is) to scrape every little bit. I transferred the scrapings to a square of wax paper. It ultimately resembled a light brown, flaky wax in appearance, but upon further inspection and to the touch, it wasn't waxy at all; rather, it was just a bit wet and sticky (perhaps this is what the wax matrix broke down into).

4) Dry!. This would probably be easiest done by flattening out the residue on the wax paper and placing it in a windowsill that gets plenty of sun for a day or two. Once again, however, I was impatient so I went ahead and dried it using multiple paper towels. This is where I was a bit surprised. It wasn't "wet" or "sticky" at all--it was greasy and when pressed repeatedly between two sheets of kitchen roll/paper towels (pressed, soak the towels, remove to a new towel and repeat until dry), the product would leave a very obvious and noticeable grease stain (again--wax & ethanol byproduct?). I repeated this about ten times until I was happy with the product's consistency and it was no longer leaving a large, transparent grease stain on paper.

5) Crumble or Chunk. After the above, the product was dry and malleable enough to crumble into a fine enough powder to insufflate. It could also be rolled into larger, more intact chunk or chunks for smoking. I tried this with a very small piece. It didn't run all that well (just a bit), but it did vape beautifully and smelled and tasted exactly like the higher-quality #3 we get around London (when you know where to go). I railed the rest, and WHEW. That hit me harder than anything has in a very, VERY long time. I was mostly worried that I had burned or vaped off the OM but I swear to you, of the 40mg in this batch, it hit me like I got at least a 35mg yield, which is fucking amazing for what basically amounted to a 2am bored shitless, freestyle chemistry experiment.

Now, I know it seems like a lot of trouble, but for me this kind of thing is as much about the process, experimentation and ritual as it is about the rush. And there was no shortage of rush here. Felt like the first time I ever railed Opana; certainly this is the first time I've properly felt it since getting those shitty ass biconcave E/Rs. Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback, especially if you try this yourself. And stay safe! There is NOTHING that will bump your tolerance up faster than railing straight oxymorphone.

RN

Which tip does one use on the Dramell moter drill I use a pointy sand-paper one and I could not find the result. Lutopia

MoA

Hello all,

I have been reading/checking in on this thread off and on for what must be a couple years, and since activating my account have decided to drop my two cents. I know this thread is old, but after reading through the entire thing (which, as you may have noticed, contains some redundant suggestions regarding insufflation methods), I decided that I had a bit of perspective that people may find useful when considering a MoA.

I wouldn't bestow any method I'm listing here my stamp of approval, so don't get the wrong idea, but i can share with you what I've experienced/observed with some of the different M's'o'A. THERE IS NO SAFE WAY TO INJECT THESE PILLS, please do not mistake accounts of experience for suggestions. If anything, please pay close attention to the negative side effects I have experienced from experimenting with these methods.

(Let me first clarify that, unless I specify otherwise, I am talking about the new, round, concave, Opana ERs with an "E" on one side and a number on the other. I have tried an assortment of these (including the 40mg, 30mg, and 15mg) with lightly varied results - mostly due to the size/chemical makeup or proportions)

The first method I attempted, mainly because I didn't have any prep gear, was chewing, which was an improvement over swallowing whole, but the effect of an entire 40mg pill merely became mildly noticeable whereas I couldn't tell I'd even taken anything when I swallowed one whole.

When I felt it was safe to re-dose, I decided to grind one of the 40s and snort it (trying both the Dremel method and the microplane method (the dremel method is far superior, btw)), but the polymers in the pill make it dissolve inconsistently and it seems that the 'powder' fails to absorb effectively. I will say that this method seems to produce a very noticeable jump in bioavailability compared to oral administration, but the powder is not ideal for snorting.

I later attempted an isopropyl alcohol extraction for injection, which was a wicked pain in the ass, but produced enough of a boost in bioavailability and extraction efficiency to motivate me to keep experimenting.

Here's what I did (THIS DOES NOT PRODUCE A CLEAN EXTRACTION AND IS SHOULD NOT BE MISTAKEN FOR A SAFE METHOD):

1. Using an exacto blade, I carefully shaved off the colored coating (which keeps things a little cleaner, but may not be necessary).

2. I took the microplane to the pill using needlenose pliers to grip the pill. After 20 minutes, I was left with a pile of powder and some strings of rubber that rolled up as I was grinding. I chopped these into tiny bits and placed them in a 2oz metal ramekin, adding roughly 1.5 oz of 94% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. I stirred the solution every thirty seconds to one minute with a toothpick. After 10-15 minutes, the 'blob' we keep hearing about formed in the bottom of the glass, but with light agitation, the blob would separate into a suspension. I continued to do this for around 45 minutes.

3. After my final stir, I let the 'blob' reform in the bottom of the ramekin and, using a needleless syringe, lifted the liquid from the upper portion of the mixture, leaving a little as possible in the container, but being careful not to suck up any goop. (the liquid will all be a little bit viscous, especially toward the bottom of the container, but there is a distinct difference in the liquid portion and the 'blob').

4. Using a 3cc needleless with some cotton packed into the end, I filtered the liquid portion into another 2oz metal ramekin (a 2oz ladle can be used instead) and placed the container on the stove eye (you need a coil stove for this to work, as open flames will cause the isopropyl alcohol to combust). Slowly adjusting the heat from low on up, I found the setting that allowed the solution to evaporate without boiling (tiny bubbles will begin to appear on the bottom of the ramekin, but will not rush to the surface). Once the visible liquid was evaporated, I scraped the light golden powder from the bottom and allowed it to sit out until it was completely dry and no longer smelled, even faintly, of alcohol.

5. This resultant powder is soluble in warm or cold water, and is injectable.

The problem with this method is that, while it produces a powder that can be injected, the OM does not appear to efficiently leech into the liquid. Subsequent rinses and the repeat of steps 2-5 may remedy this, but holy fuck, what a pain in the ass!... not to mention the anxiety produced by resorting to injecting all of those fillers. All else aside, I personally suffered no adverse affects from doing this (but I suggest reading the thread containing the FDA warning regarding the injection of these pills to further educate yourself about the dangers involved)

I actually evaporated the remaining isopropyl alcohol out of the blob using the stove as described above and swallowed the resultant taffy-like wad. This produced a noticeable boost in effect with the 40mg variety.

Because this was not working as well, and I was bound and determined to successfully inject one of these pills, I started going over my notes on 'crisping' and began to experiment. At this point, I had access to the 30mg variety (yes, the concave pills again), but have tried this with the 40s as well with similar results.

Here is what I did (THIS IS NOT SAFE):

1. I used an x-acto blade to remove the colored coating, cut one 30 or 40mg pills in half, and placed it in my spoon.

2. I then began to heat the spoon from below with a butane cigarette lighter, applying maximum heat until the pill puffed up (i.e. was no longer concave and had started to puff out upwards).

3. After softening the half-pill, I took the butt of a bic lighter (ideally lightly moistened) or another blunt, smooth object and flattened the half-pill until it was roughly the size of a dime, flipping it in the spoon when it started to curl until it eventually stuck and began to melt. This portion of the heating calls for/requires MUCH less heat than you used in step 2, as you do not want to burn the pill or evaporate even larger portions of the OM. If heated slowly and while moving the flame around, a light brown/honey coloration can be achieved.

4. Once 0% of the pill was white any longer, I would set the spoon down on an insulated surface and let it cool just slightly.

5. At this point, I would add 2cc - 3cc of water and agitate the pill with the flat end of the plunger, only scraping the spoon in one direction to help it dissolve into the water as slowly as possible so there aren't any floaty bits that should be dissolved.

6. I would then use a needleless 1cc syringe and pull 80-90 units through cotton or other filter if it's handy (double filter, especially if any floaters are present (if the coating was cleaned off at the beginning, the presence of visible floaters in the solution can be minimized), and pull the solution up into a brand new, sharp 1cc syringe. If done well, the liquid will be mildly viscous - roughly the consistency of a very light syrup (maybe comparable to the liquid from fruit cups with fruit juice... just slightly more viscous than water). I would then inject the solution and repeat every so often until satisfied.

This method seems to deliver the OM effectively and quickly. I would speculate that the efficiency of extraction and delivery feels like it must be over 50%. Unfortunately, problems can arise right off. I noticed that even a partial miss/jump (even a drop) would cause irritation of the veins and surrounding tissue. This would typically only leave you with a knot or hard spot in that area and a swollen vein that needs time to heal. In some cases, abscesses can more easily result (likely due to the body's inability to rush the substance away from the affected area, and the subsequent festering of bacteria that may be present in the shot/liquid). Once again, you'll need to look at the thread I mentioned followng the previous extraction method for more info on the dangers of injecting these pills. I witnessed other immediate adverse effects resulting from the use of this method, and I have watched about a half dozen other people try it multiple times. I used this method myself to inject 4-12 pills per month (I was given some extra pills from a friend's prescription once a month) over a period of about 6 months and feel like I escaped any real short-term damage (as far as any long term damage that plans to rear its head down the road, I cannot say). I have noticed that the occurence of cotton fever seems higher when using this method, and I did suffer a surface abscess (which, because it was so close to the surface of my skin, resulted in relatively mild discomfort until I drained it) which I suspect may have been related to injecting concave opana ER pills, but I am not 100% sure.

As for the immediate adverse effects mentioned above (and this happened a couple of days ago): A friend of mine prepared and injected some opana ER solution after crisping and immediately turned beet red from hypertension and was having trouble breathing. This was his first time using this method and his solution was darker than mine usually is. He was also in a hurry and may not have filtered as well as I typically do. In 5 minutes, homeostasis seemed to return, and in 30, his breathing/blood pressure returned, basically, to normal. After another 4 hours had passed, he still felt pretty badly beat-down, but was no longer in a state of terror. I'd like to state that I put my shoes on as soon as I noticed his symptoms and prepared to rush him to the hospital. This did not wind up being necessary, but, man was it a scare. His health and/or life seemed at great risk. He re-dosed opiates much later in the evening, and reported to feel much better. When he woke up the next day he could barely move. All of his joints were so inflamed he couldn't bend them. Even his fingers were locked up. He did not re-dose, so his feeling better the night it happened may have resulted from the masking effect of the opiates he took. We have heard rumors of the major local walk-in clinic working with the authorities to crack down on IV drug abuse, so he is afraid to go in (I'm pretty sure that can't be legal at all, but somehow it wouldn't surprise me). Has anybody ever heard of anything like this happening? I think he is done using opana ER via IV, but I really wish I could figure out some way to help him in the mean time (and please don't tell me he deserves whatever he gets, that would be counterproductive).

I managed to muster the will power to refuse to inject any of the solution, but another friend finished the solution and did not have the same experience, so I am left to suspect that poor filtering was, at least, partially responsible.

Any time I used the crisping method for extraction, I did so due to a fear of withdrawals in the midst of a shortage in cash which leads to mild complacency. At best, this method works (to the extent that you can successfully (not safely) deliver the OM), but is in no way ideal. I fear that the long term effects will certainly outweigh the short term risks discussed above, so please be very careful and try not to resort - people do very dangerous things when they are desperate (as is apparent in this post). INJECTING THESE PILLS IS NOT SAFE. EVER.

Does anybody else have experience with with some of the methods above that were not discussed prior to this post? I am curious what is behind some of the side effects that I could not really wrap my mind around.

Last edited:
I recognise that oxymorphone is the best tabletted opioid on the market - the problem being that the 'market' is USA ONLY. It is not licenced as an analgesic for human usage in any other country, so there is a slight problem with acquisition. The chemistry thread does mention that it can be made quite easily from raw oxycodone and then made into the hydrochloride, best for human consumption.
Can anybody confirm that the IR generic by Teva is almost as good as the excellent Endo product (brand name Opana)?
As for Global Pharm, I have not even heard of that company, I guess they operate in the US only.
Is it true that the ER system is easily circumvented simply by crushing to the consistency almost of talcum powder and as with all opioid alkaloid salts, is then water soluble, making for a delicious quarter cup of coffee laced with almost pure oxymorphone? That is my preferred method for relatively low bioavailability opioids/ates such as the prescription Napp MST Continus and Diamorphine hydrochloride 10mg (only strength available on prescription) tablets which come in tubs of 100. Palladone SR hydromorphone also is very well absorbed in this way, though THAT is the only opioid that has a higher bioavailability when used intranasally than orally! Electrically (battery) operated dry powder nasal inhalators are available from medical supply shops in any city and are far more effective than rolled-up banknotes. Note that I refer here to the UK; I have absolutely NO idea what the situation in the USA may be other than it is the only country where oxymorphone is used; this now also applies to Hydrocodone bitartrate; DICODID brand 10mg, sold as an antitussive and NOT an analgesic, was recently withdrawn from Europe, making the USA the sole user of Hydrocodone in the world.
Always remember though that when using opioids (as I have done since first prescribed morphine sulphate CONTINUS with dipipanone or dextromoramide as the 'breakthrough' or 'rescue' medicine of choice since 1994, oxycodone replacing the morphine and being more effective when arriving on the market in around 1996/7) that TOLERANCE is a most important issue and that one should never take any more than prescribed, or if you find your Rx not quite sufficient, what you have GRADUALLY increased your dosage up to.
Opioids are most definitely very dangerous to non-tolerant patients and methadone in particular with a VERY long duration of action and half life, a bad choice for chronic pain patients because if it's lipid solubility and cumulative action - the easiest of all to fall prey to by taking too much in too short a period.
I hope that the UK NHS can see some sense soon and approve oxymorphone for moderate to severe chronic pain patients such as myself��������.
The 'plastinated' so-called anti-abuse formulations that I have tried, the 'OP' oxycodone, feels around half strength of the regular pills and also carry dreadful gastric side effects. NOT a good choice, and I would imagine that most US oxycodone patients now take IR versions four times daily rather than the twice daily MR/ER/SR drugs, NONE of which last anything even close to the advertised 12 hours, and these new US formulations are even worse in that respect than the regular pills sold everywhere else.

DAMN YOU FDA/DEA/BIG PHARMA!

You gave us opana, the one decent pain reliever, and you mix it with 10 year old mayonnaise and quick-rete...you bastards!

I spent a good lil chunk of change on 2 E whatever 20mg bi-concaveovex ones, and it barely touched my aches...I should have taken that tiny 1mg of sub on top of it...sheeeit.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone post the technique I use and it works as I usually have access to the pink Opana 10mg IRs but usually I buy most of the script about a week before the refill is ready for me to have access to again so there is usually about a week where I have to do the yellow Opana 40mg ERs(new formula of course) and my "access " "aka my guy" to these two wonderful gems of Oxymorphone and myself have found an awesome way to break these down for being able to put them up your nose without clogging your entire nose as the ERs are way more abuse proof than any other Painkiller I know of. And just as a dosage/tolerance check, I usually do anywhere from 10 to 40 mg (IV) of the usual IRs and anywhere from 20 to 40 mg (Nasally with my method) at a time depending on how much $$ I have of course. As how Opiated I'm trying to get. But anyways here is my method for Opana ERs to be broke down and put up your nose.

YOU WILL NEED: Large Spoon, Oral Syringe, Lighter or torch-flame lighter, Water and Scissors(preferably small beard trimming scissors or something easy to control rather than a Huge bulky pair) and of course the Opana ER pills.....NOTE: 40mg work the best IMO but I have tried this method on the 40s and 20s as they are same size which means more filler in the 20mg but either will do fine.

HOW TO BREAK THEM DOWN: Just so your aware the Final Product will be a liquidly,syrup-like,sticky solution that can be snorted into your nose which seems to work Better than snorting a powder because the powder still has to dissolve in the mucus then obsorbed into the blood stream afterwards and with this Syrup like solution that you will end up with is basically a snot texture anyway so it's already mixing with mucus In your nose and honestly hits you quicker than snorting a powder or at worst the same onset time as. Anyways....

First get your supplies laid out and spoon ready. Then take your pill a choose your dose,(although I don't recommend doing more than half the pill at a time because of filler responsible for the gooey mess and the more you try to fit in ,the gooey-er and less manageable your final product will be. if u need more than half a pill which is more than understandable just repeat the process) anyways take your dose and cut and chop the pill into as many tiny pieces as possible and I'm talking the smallest little pieces and flakes that your able to. The smaller u can cut the pieces the more you will ultimately get at final stage. Think grains of sand as a goal. I personally hold the pill inner ween my pointer finger and thumb and using the scissors cut the pill as it sits in your finger and keep cutting while keeping the pill chunks in your fingers and moving the pieces in your finger grip so it keeps chopping the pieces into smaller and smaller pieces. The more u cut into smaller and smaller pieces the better. Then sprinkle those tiny flakes and granules into your spoon so it looks like chunky, flakey powder almost . Then take 2.5mL or 0.5tsp of water drawn up into your oral syringe and drop HALF of the water slowly onto the flakes of Opana. It should just appear like water with little speckles/flakes floating around. Then take your lighter or heat source and begin to head the bottom of the spoon until u get it to boil for a few seconds then stir with the tip of the oral syringe or stir with whatever your comfortable with and stir for a good 20 seconds and your solutions should start looking murky and gooey almost like a sperm, snotty liquid with little gooey flakes of gel in the burley solution(those gel like pieces are not the good stuff, the Murky whitish color solution that it's mixed in is what u want. Then I would put the other half of the 0.5tsp or 2.5mL of water into the solution and then stir again and then heat to a boil again. Then stir you solution once again an mix it well and kinda play with it so it's mixed well. Then take your empty oral syringe and draw up the liquid avoiding any little gel boogers left in the spoon as those are the Waxy Abuse proof outer coating that shouldn't dissolve as the actual white inner part of the pill that the coating surrounds should. Plus those booger will clog your nose. So you should be able to draw up a snot like solution without any clumps of gel boogers into the oral syringe. Let the solution cool down of course because it was just boiling.. Lol. Once it's cooled down enough. Tip ur head back just a bit, out the tip of the oral syringe into your nose and plunge slowly as you snort the solution into your nose. don't just hawk it back all the way up your nose where it goes into your tho at cause that's just like taking it orally which is a waste for Opana of course. Imagine when u have a runny nose and u keep lightly sniffing the snot back into your nose. keep doing that to make sure the solution stays in the top half of your nose an tilt your head back a little so it doesn't run right back out your nose. And should dissolve pretty quickly in your nose. Also if your gonna do 2 doses I would reccomend using the other nostril for the second shot just so it dissolves more into a fresh nostril or even if u wanna put half of the one dose in one nostril and the other half of the dose into the other but just make sure not to sniff it back into your throat or let it run out your nose. Kinda takes getting use to an getting use to the feeling of it all but I guarantee you if u follow these steps then it will satisfy you and you will have a method for snorting the Opana ERs that works very well. just remember to cut the dose into as many tiny pieces as possible and use the 2.5mL/0.5tsp of water per dose. And you can always experiment yourself with these things, this is just the way I found most effective. Any questions or comments feel free to message me or whatever. enjoy!

I really need an answer to this question. Is it safe to cut the new reformulated Opana ER in half or even in quarters? If it is safe will the medicine still release over 12hours like it does whole? I am a chronic pain patient and my doctors have recently discovered a non-narcotic medication which works better to relieve my pain than the narcotic pain medicine I am on. I want to lower my intact of the pain medicine to determine just how effective this new medication is. I do not want to go to my doctor to ask for a lower dosage because I had so much trouble getting the pain treatment I have now. I have opana 10mg er and need to slowly taper the medication to determine the effectiveness of my new non-narcotic medicine. I have pain because I do not get enough blood flow to my legs and this new medication works by increasing blood flow to my legs. It is possible for my doctors to increase this medication to increase flow even more but I will not know if that is required unless I try to taper my pain medicine. If you need more information to answer my question please feel free to ask.
Second question, I am currently on 10mg Opana ER twice daily, tramadol IR 100mg twice a day, and Vicodin 5/300mg which I average over a month at about one pill a day. My question is will I have withdraws from the medication. I do not get high off any of this medication and never have, I only use it to lower my pain level which it does. I have a few time gotten a slight buzz which I try to avoid. This is another reason why my first question is important because if I will withdraw I would like to cut my pills to taper off. All the information you provide will be highly appreciated and will potentially help me tremendously.

Please do not answer this question if you do not know the answer for sure, I need a educated answer from someone who knows cutting the pills will not harm me.

^ if you have been taking the opana, tramadol, and hydrocodone for any extended period of time, daily, even as prescribed, you will have withdrawals. You can cut the pills but they are a wax/plastic matrix so they won't absorb any different really if u take a half or a whole. You will experience withdrawals and taperin is a good idea, you can actually talk to your doctor about a taper plan and he could prescribe you more pills of lesser strength to taper with, so u can take smaller doses more easily than cutting the rock hard pills. Good luck and I hope I helped .

I have to say that I agree with most posters who've said that Endo Pharmaceuticals ruined what was originally a fantastic medication with this new formulary of Opana ER.
I too have noticed that about 8hrs. after taking one of the "new" Opana ER's they cease to be effective. I don't for one second believe that this isn't purposeful on Endo's part though as Purdue Pharmaceuticals purposely did this with Oxycontin. The only difference is, Purdue marketed Oxycontin from the outset as a 12hr. ER opiate, then eventually acknowledged that it was truly an ER medication with only an 8hr. duration and then had their reps. begin urging doctors to "off label" prescribe OC's at an MDD of 3 tabs. Of course, this raised the company's profit margin dramatically. As a 54 yr. old chronic pain patient living in the U.S.A, where once again our illustrious DEA has most doctors scared to write pain med scripts anymore, I can only hope that Endo does the same now because the "new" tablets definitely do NOT last 12 hrs. as the original hexagonal tablets in fact did.....WTF 8(

I miss the white 10's. To me, those were far better than the pinks. And as far as the ER/TR, it's like baking a cake...the wrong method can ruin the whole thing.

I prefer to take my RX the right way, it just seems more effective to orally administer the 40's. Don't get me wrong, a 10 nasally gives you that added boost, but the 40's seem to give a migraine when trying that route. Opana, by far, has been the best drug for me but like any other, you can become immune to the effects after so long. That's why I alternate between opanas and oxycodone every few months. A nice break from the morphine.

Hello all,

I have been reading/checking in on this thread off and on for what must be a couple years, and since activating my account have decided to drop my two cents. I know this thread is old, but after reading through the entire thing (which, as you may have noticed, contains some redundant suggestions regarding insufflation methods), I decided that I had a bit of perspective that people may find useful when considering a MoA.

I wouldn't bestow any method I'm listing here my stamp of approval, so don't get the wrong idea, but i can share with you what I've experienced/observed with some of the different M's'o'A. THERE IS NO SAFE WAY TO INJECT THESE PILLS, please do not mistake accounts of experience for suggestions. If anything, please pay close attention to the negative side effects I have experienced from experimenting with these methods.

(Let me first clarify that, unless I specify otherwise, I am talking about the new, round, concave, Opana ERs with an "E" on one side and a number on the other. I have tried an assortment of these (including the 40mg, 30mg, and 15mg) with lightly varied results - mostly due to the size/chemical makeup or proportions)

The first method I attempted, mainly because I didn't have any prep gear, was chewing, which was an improvement over swallowing whole, but the effect of an entire 40mg pill merely became mildly noticeable whereas I couldn't tell I'd even taken anything when I swallowed one whole.

When I felt it was safe to re-dose, I decided to grind one of the 40s and snort it (trying both the Dremel method and the microplane method (the dremel method is far superior, btw)), but the polymers in the pill make it dissolve inconsistently and it seems that the 'powder' fails to absorb effectively. I will say that this method seems to produce a very noticeable jump in bioavailability compared to oral administration, but the powder is not ideal for snorting.

I later attempted an isopropyl alcohol extraction for injection, which was a wicked pain in the ass, but produced enough of a boost in bioavailability and extraction efficiency to motivate me to keep experimenting.

Here's what I did (THIS DOES NOT PRODUCE A CLEAN EXTRACTION AND IS SHOULD NOT BE MISTAKEN FOR A SAFE METHOD):

1. Using an exacto blade, I carefully shaved off the colored coating (which keeps things a little cleaner, but may not be necessary).

2. I took the microplane to the pill using needlenose pliers to grip the pill. After 20 minutes, I was left with a pile of powder and some strings of rubber that rolled up as I was grinding. I chopped these into tiny bits and placed them in a 2oz metal ramekin, adding roughly 1.5 oz of 94% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. I stirred the solution every thirty seconds to one minute with a toothpick. After 10-15 minutes, the 'blob' we keep hearing about formed in the bottom of the glass, but with light agitation, the blob would separate into a suspension. I continued to do this for around 45 minutes.

3. After my final stir, I let the 'blob' reform in the bottom of the ramekin and, using a needleless syringe, lifted the liquid from the upper portion of the mixture, leaving a little as possible in the container, but being careful not to suck up any goop. (the liquid will all be a little bit viscous, especially toward the bottom of the container, but there is a distinct difference in the liquid portion and the 'blob').

4. Using a 3cc needleless with some cotton packed into the end, I filtered the liquid portion into another 2oz metal ramekin (a 2oz ladle can be used instead) and placed the container on the stove eye (you need a coil stove for this to work, as open flames will cause the isopropyl alcohol to combust). Slowly adjusting the heat from low on up, I found the setting that allowed the solution to evaporate without boiling (tiny bubbles will begin to appear on the bottom of the ramekin, but will not rush to the surface). Once the visible liquid was evaporated, I scraped the light golden powder from the bottom and allowed it to sit out until it was completely dry and no longer smelled, even faintly, of alcohol.

5. This resultant powder is soluble in warm or cold water, and is injectable.

The problem with this method is that, while it produces a powder that can be injected, the OM does not appear to efficiently leech into the liquid. Subsequent rinses and the repeat of steps 2-5 may remedy this, but holy fuck, what a pain in the ass!... not to mention the anxiety produced by resorting to injecting all of those fillers. All else aside, I personally suffered no adverse affects from doing this (but I suggest reading the thread containing the FDA warning regarding the injection of these pills to further educate yourself about the dangers involved)

I actually evaporated the remaining isopropyl alcohol out of the blob using the stove as described above and swallowed the resultant taffy-like wad. This produced a noticeable boost in effect with the 40mg variety.

Because this was not working as well, and I was bound and determined to successfully inject one of these pills, I started going over my notes on 'crisping' and began to experiment. At this point, I had access to the 30mg variety (yes, the concave pills again), but have tried this with the 40s as well with similar results.

Here is what I did (THIS IS NOT SAFE):

1. I used an x-acto blade to remove the colored coating, cut one 30 or 40mg pills in half, and placed it in my spoon.

2. I then began to heat the spoon from below with a butane cigarette lighter, applying maximum heat until the pill puffed up (i.e. was no longer concave and had started to puff out upwards).

3. After softening the half-pill, I took the butt of a bic lighter (ideally lightly moistened) or another blunt, smooth object and flattened the half-pill until it was roughly the size of a dime, flipping it in the spoon when it started to curl until it eventually stuck and began to melt. This portion of the heating calls for/requires MUCH less heat than you used in step 2, as you do not want to burn the pill or evaporate even larger portions of the OM. If heated slowly and while moving the flame around, a light brown/honey coloration can be achieved.

4. Once 0% of the pill was white any longer, I would set the spoon down on an insulated surface and let it cool just slightly.

5. At this point, I would add 2cc - 3cc of water and agitate the pill with the flat end of the plunger, only scraping the spoon in one direction to help it dissolve into the water as slowly as possible so there aren't any floaty bits that should be dissolved.

6. I would then use a needleless 1cc syringe and pull 80-90 units through cotton or other filter if it's handy (double filter, especially if any floaters are present (if the coating was cleaned off at the beginning, the presence of visible floaters in the solution can be minimized), and pull the solution up into a brand new, sharp 1cc syringe. If done well, the liquid will be mildly viscous - roughly the consistency of a very light syrup (maybe comparable to the liquid from fruit cups with fruit juice... just slightly more viscous than water). I would then inject the solution and repeat every so often until satisfied.

This method seems to deliver the OM effectively and quickly. I would speculate that the efficiency of extraction and delivery feels like it must be over 50%. Unfortunately, problems can arise right off. I noticed that even a partial miss/jump (even a drop) would cause irritation of the veins and surrounding tissue. This would typically only leave you with a knot or hard spot in that area and a swollen vein that needs time to heal. In some cases, abscesses can more easily result (likely due to the body's inability to rush the substance away from the affected area, and the subsequent festering of bacteria that may be present in the shot/liquid). Once again, you'll need to look at the thread I mentioned followng the previous extraction method for more info on the dangers of injecting these pills. I witnessed other immediate adverse effects resulting from the use of this method, and I have watched about a half dozen other people try it multiple times. I used this method myself to inject 4-12 pills per month (I was given some extra pills from a friend's prescription once a month) over a period of about 6 months and feel like I escaped any real short-term damage (as far as any long term damage that plans to rear its head down the road, I cannot say). I have noticed that the occurence of cotton fever seems higher when using this method, and I did suffer a surface abscess (which, because it was so close to the surface of my skin, resulted in relatively mild discomfort until I drained it) which I suspect may have been related to injecting concave opana ER pills, but I am not 100% sure.

As for the immediate adverse effects mentioned above (and this happened a couple of days ago): A friend of mine prepared and injected some opana ER solution after crisping and immediately turned beet red from hypertension and was having trouble breathing. This was his first time using this method and his solution was darker than mine usually is. He was also in a hurry and may not have filtered as well as I typically do. In 5 minutes, homeostasis seemed to return, and in 30, his breathing/blood pressure returned, basically, to normal. After another 4 hours had passed, he still felt pretty badly beat-down, but was no longer in a state of terror. I'd like to state that I put my shoes on as soon as I noticed his symptoms and prepared to rush him to the hospital. This did not wind up being necessary, but, man was it a scare. His health and/or life seemed at great risk. He re-dosed opiates much later in the evening, and reported to feel much better. When he woke up the next day he could barely move. All of his joints were so inflamed he couldn't bend them. Even his fingers were locked up. He did not re-dose, so his feeling better the night it happened may have resulted from the masking effect of the opiates he took. We have heard rumors of the major local walk-in clinic working with the authorities to crack down on IV drug abuse, so he is afraid to go in (I'm pretty sure that can't be legal at all, but somehow it wouldn't surprise me). Has anybody ever heard of anything like this happening? I think he is done using opana ER via IV, but I really wish I could figure out some way to help him in the mean time (and please don't tell me he deserves whatever he gets, that would be counterproductive).

I managed to muster the will power to refuse to inject any of the solution, but another friend finished the solution and did not have the same experience, so I am left to suspect that poor filtering was, at least, partially responsible.

Any time I used the crisping method for extraction, I did so due to a fear of withdrawals in the midst of a shortage in cash which leads to mild complacency. At best, this method works (to the extent that you can successfully (not safely) deliver the OM), but is in no way ideal. I fear that the long term effects will certainly outweigh the short term risks discussed above, so please be very careful and try not to resort - people do very dangerous things when they are desperate (as is apparent in this post). INJECTING THESE PILLS IS NOT SAFE. EVER.

Does anybody else have experience with with some of the methods above that were not discussed prior to this post? I am curious what is behind some of the side effects that I could not really wrap my mind around.

I can confirm the bolded part works, with the following notes:

1) I didnt peel the coating, figured it would burn up/melt in the process (it can be wiped off with a damp rag)
2) If you dont have a 29ga or larger 1cc (or larger) rig, forget it, it's too syrupy to draw thru smaller gear. A 3cc rig with a 25-28ga needle is optimum
3) You have to REALLY heat the pill/half pill a LONG time with a lighter (3-6 minutes) Id recommend a stove (on LOW) or candle instead of a lighter. Using a rolling pin, I managed to flatten the pill to increase contact area of a concave pill to move convex, tho it dented the rolling pin.
3a) After the initial heating, use the pen to mash it out - you can get a whole pill smashed the size of a quarter. Make sure it is evenly flattened and stuck to the spoon so that it heats/browns evenly.
4) Use your finger to mix the water in with light browned pill, it will stick to a pen or end of a rig. The result is like he wrote; light brown,fine syrup.. if it's black then you've overcooked it, and any leftover white chunks will contribute to gelling and increase viscosity (bad).
5) I dont know about missed shots of Opana ER but I have missed with similarly thick stuff (exalgo). You WILL abscess if you miss. SC and IM are out, and idk if these tend to harden like glue when dried (ala exalgo), so Id be leery about snorting them too.
6) Forget ped eggs, dremel tools, pepper/coffee grinders - you cant mechanically separate these pills, save for cutting them with a sharp, heavy knife
7) Tho this will work with 10-40mg strengths, 40s would be best as they have more active ingredients for the same amount of garbage. Tested on 20mg pills, E on one side 20 on the other, green, double convex pills.

Subsequent addition of water and mixes results in considerably higher yields. Nearly every tek on busting ERs is short on time, and time is the one ingredient you cant fake. Think of it this way: the best safecracker with the best tools in the world couldnt open a standard household safe in 10 minutes. Give him 10 hours, he'd probably be able to get you into Fort Know. and Opana ER are like mini-safes: hard to get into but well worth the effort.

Yeah, not safe, but safer than ppl fucking around with flammable solvents and shooting up burnt shit or straight up diluted goop.

PS: Heating anhydrous alcohol (e.g., Everclear) is safe provided your heat source is not an open flame. Ive boiled off probably gallons of 91% IPA in a microwave without incident. The most dangerous parts of this, aside from the legal danger and IV'ing anything, pills in particular, is the chance of instant burns from touching lighters or hot spoons. Again, not that it's safe, but I think this is safer than eating a handful to get high, mixing with other drugs, or other ways to defeat Opana that are way worse

Hello Bluelight!
This is my first ever post to Bluelight, but as I believe I have useful harm reduction information I am going to jump right in and divulge on what I hope will reduce risks to people trying to IV these new NEW Opana ER pills. Let's not mistake any of what I have stated or will state in this post as a claim to having a safe way to inject pills. My best advice to anyone who does not have experience with successfully injecting new "OP" Oxycotins or injecting pills in general would simply be DO NOT INJECT PILLS EVER! If you are not extremely skilled with a syringe and are not 100% confident in your ability to hit a vein perfectly, then injecting pills is a potentially limb losing, life threatening endeavor. Especially these particular "abuse proof" Opana ERs. The method I am about to explain is NOT SAFE, and does NOT produce a CLEAN solution for injection. However, for those of us that must find a way to extract the heavenly substance "oxymorphone" from these chewing gum like prison pills I wish to divulge the method that I have used successfully on about 10 of the 20mg variety of these pills per month with no noticeable side effects for two months (long term is obviously not known here and I'd assume it won't be good so take my advice and do your best not to do this...ever). Here goes nothing...

What you will need:

- 1 x 20mg Opana ER (just to be clear this is the green round concave pill with "E" on one side and "20" on the other)

- metal cooker (I use the bottom of a tall boy can)

- piece of foil to use as a "shroud" or "dust cover"

- sterile water (I use bottled water which is not technically sterile, but will suffice)

- pliers/vice grip (or similar pill flattening device)

- strong sterile scissors

- 1cc syringe (lowest gauge possible I believe the ones I use are 29G 12.7mm long)

The first step is not required, but I find it helps to produce a clear substance at the end which I like as it feels less dirty. So, if you care about the clarity of your final product start by wetting the pill on all sides and then quickly take a paper towel and rub off the coating. This should be very easy and only take a minute. Once your coating is removed take your STERILIZED pliers or whatever you have for flattening the pill and flatten it until it is the size of a quarter. Try to make it as circular as possible so you can cut the pill into even halves or quarters. Next cut the pill in half or in quarters. I use the bottoms of multiple tall boy cans to place my pill halves or quarters in, and then I add 2.5ml of water for a half a pill and 1.75ml for a quarter of a pill (I use less water than the average person for a more potent end product). You want just enough water to submerge the flattened pill piece and to have room for it to puff up and become the clear ball of goo that it will become while leaving enough water around the edge to pour into another cooker and draw up, but I'll get to that in just a sec. First I'll explain the timing. All of this so far I have previously skipped, but it speeds things up A LOT and yields more of the oxymorphone in the end. If you wanted to you could just drop the entire pill (unadulterated) in the bottom of the can with 4-6ml of water (I use 4ml, but some use as much as 10ml), cover it with the foil shroud, and wait 24 hours. At the end of the 24 hours you'll end up with a big clear blob of goo that has absorbed over half of the water and left the other half as a clear, lightly syrupy, almost as viscous as water solution that can be easily drawn up with no filter and injected. This yields most of the oxymorphone in the pill, but by no means all of it.

Now, to pick up where I left off. If you put half of a pill in 2.5ml of water, then you wait 12-24 hours and your solution is ready. If you put a quarter of a pill in 1.75ml of water, then your solution is ready after 8-16 hours. These are all approximate times, so use your own discretion and test for yourself. I personally like to do the half a pill with 2.5ml of water and wait 18 hours. Once you have your solution separate from the blob of goo you can decide yourself if you want to use a cotton to filter it, but I personally take steps through the entire process to make sure that it stays as clean as possible so that I do not need to filter it at the end. Out of the approximately 10mg of OM it feels like I'm getting most of it, but I'd take a guess that I'm getting about 80-90% yield. I can personally inject the whole solution produced from using half a 20mg pill in 2.5ml of water (yields approximately 1ml of syrupy water with approximately 8mg oxymorphone in it). I get a huge very "leggy" rush and the subsequent high lasts 3-5 hours. OM is amazing and one of my favorite "rush" providing injectable drugs. I am an opiate specific drug user that has never injected anything besides just about every kind of opiate that is possible to IV (oh and benedryl, but only to increase effects of my opiate).

In conclusion, this method of extraction is what I believe to be the safest and most efficient way to get the OM out of these ridiculously annoying pills. I am well aware of the length of time this extraction requires, and that many of you do not have the time to do this. I DO know of and have also successfully tested, about ten times, another method for injecting these pills and it takes exactly one hour (for me personally). However, this method I have dubbed "motor oiling" and as I'm sure you can guess from that name it is IRREVOCABLY UNSAFE and DANGEROUS AS F**K. I use this method when I first get a few of the 20mg pills and I really want to get high without waiting a minimum of 8 hours to get high. So I take 5mg aka a quarter of a 20mg pill and IV the whole thing so that I can get high while I wait for the good stuff in the long term water extraction. I don't really feel it is appropriate to divulge the method behind "motor oiling" at this time as it is so unsafe, but if I see enough responses from people who really want to know how I may decide to explain it. Stay safe and for the love of the man don't do anything like this without doing your research. Look at the FDA warning about injecting Opana ER. Don't be an idiot. Thank you, and good day!

-Haze

Last edited:
Just wanted to add to the above: the body load (feeling hours/next day later) from doing this is beyond awful. The high was ok, nowhere near as nice as the old Timer-X opana (which can easily and cleanly be busted by IPA), but the aftereffects are fkn horrible. Wont do this again unless I get IR or the generic Opana with the older system.

I gotta give my experience on this.

I got 4 of the Opana ER 10mg pills (the round orange with E on one side and 10 on the other) We tried the methods of snorting on 2 of the pills... we chopped it into tiny little pieces which took forever... and snorted them keeping most of it in our sinuses... we hardly felt anything and it was uncomfortable as fuck. We even tried later squirting a little water up the nose to make them gel better and absorb into the membranes better... this also didn't help at all... Don't try to snort these unless you enjoy wasting your pills.

We then tried the next day simply cutting them into small pieces and eating them with a high fat meal, hydroxyzine to potentiate and omg... hours of euphoria and a nice warm opiate buzz. So my conclusion is eat these. Don't snort them. It doesn't work. I was curious about IV but honestly after reading... it seems like way too much fucking work and if one thing goes wrong that could mean death which sounds a bit too risky for a high. Better off just slamming some good quality heroin if you're gonna slam any opioid or maybe an opioid that is prepared for injection like liquid morphine or hydromorphone.