• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

It's not as bad as I thought. I've also been alternately snorting/ plugging my 40's for a couple of years. However, when I got my script filled this month and saw I too had gotten the new ones I was so glad that I was only snorting/plugging teeny amounts just enough to feel it and relieve my pain. I wanted to save up the med in case I can no longer afford insurance or am unable to pay for pain management. Because of doing such small amounts each day I have been able to save over 350 of the old ones so now I can sit back and wait until someone figures out how to bypass the gum situation. Although I really am tempted to stop doing that because I decided to try taking the new ones as directed and they do in fact work just as well as the old ones and in my opinion they work even better than the old ones when taken as directed. With the old ones, using the other roa my pain was relieved 90 - 100% whereas taken as directed only relieved about 60% so I'd like to ask the doctors, "what would you do if you had pain." Take them as directed and relieve 60% & still deal with pain issues, walk around complaining and groaning or relieve it 100% and be able to do things to live your life without constantly complaining and sounding like an old lady! I actually don't know what it feels like when I hear everyone talk about euphoria and being "high". I do get a foggy feeling in my head but my god, I used to call that brain fog and it in no way is enjoyable. I've actually used a water enema after plugging a couple of times because I must have used too much and I hated it. But I sure like not being in pain! Someday my stash will be all gone and then I'll probably be bumming too!

Ya. Like I said. When I took mine it was like I snorted a 5mg for 12 hours. So YES its MANY hours of pain relief. Just no instant high. Itll deffly cure withdrawls. You just gotta dose accordingly. Although I only took the NEW ones not the NEW NEW ones.

So.. idk if this has already been said, but ive seen it done with the "new new" ones. You can place it in the oven as high as it goes for around 10-15 min until it has turned nearly black, like if you had been smoking something off the foil. you then peel it off, place on mirror and crush, and then if you inject, place in spoon and cook like normal. I've watched 2 people with very high tolerance get rocked off one 20mg each. If you did it right, it will look very similar to black tar heroin in the spoon. If you snort, you can get a dropper thing and place your opana in a spoon, add like a ml of water and it no longer gels up, you then slowly over like 5 min push .5 in each nostril to maximize absorption. I personally do not use needles, but I did try the nasal method. It is similar to doing an opana 15~ nasally. Just thought i would share. idk how it works, since i assumed this would burn off the active ingredient, but it seemingly doesnt. just dont leave it in too long. good luck and be safe. i cannot attest to the safety of the IV route of these new ones, as i dont know which ingredient are left in the pill. It seems very dirty and bad for the veins, but it does get you there like the old ones. Actually come to think of it, I havent ever seen anyone inject the stop sign ones. But i have seen the new ones done, this is the only reason I posted this, as it's still an anecdotal report, but it is based on watching the reaction of the 2 who did it, and understanding how opiates work as im quite tolerant myself. I would be able to tell if it was just some jackass fooling around, but the 2 are close to me, and both older junkies. Very clearly not placebo. umm.. excuse my amphetamine rant, but i would like to add one last time that this cannot be healthy to iv, and those who choose to try it should understand the potential risk. :)

It's pretty silly all this bullshit you hear about people microwaving or baking pills in attempt to unbind the oxy from the polymer.... Hmm, how to destroy oxy with heat: Easy. How to destroy plastic with heat: More difficult, and the polymer doesn't have any positive effects anyways.

It doesn't work so don't try it, people have this false sense of security that "oh I'll put this in the microwave/oven and it let magic, hopes, dreams, and science I don't even understand help me abuse this drug! I'm sure there's nothing more harmful about injecting degraded pill matter that's been heated to allow more inactive ingredients to contaminate my shot, here goes nothing."

/mini rant, we're even ;)

It's pretty silly all this bullshit you hear about people microwaving or baking pills in attempt to unbind the oxy from the polymer.... Hmm, how to destroy oxy with heat: Easy. How to destroy plastic with heat: More difficult, and the polymer doesn't have any positive effects anyways.

It doesn't work so don't try it, people have this false sense of security that "oh I'll put this in the microwave/oven and it let magic, hopes, dreams, and science I don't even understand help me abuse this drug! I'm sure there's nothing more harmful about injecting degraded pill matter that's been heated to allow more inactive ingredients to contaminate my shot, here goes nothing."

/mini rant, we're even ;)

Actually oxycodone get's destroyed at 428degrees F reoughly. An average microwave get's to 220.

Well heck, let's not drink, smoke, or get high at all. ; ) Everyone draws there own lines, right? Look, I've been drinking with my opiates since before there was an internet, (since before there were personal computers, actually), and have never experienced any kind of problem. YMMV, but I drink often, though not a lot.
Telling people what not to do is less helpful, I think - in the context of harm reduction - than telling people how best to do what they already plan on doing. I think it's clear that having a couple beers with your Opana is a lot safer than trying to figure a way to shoot them. And one of the biggest reasons people try to shoot them is the low BA of oral dosing. If that can be improved, then surely we are reducing harm.
That said, my beer tek was not very effective. Today though, I plugged the snotty mess these things become, and it was a definite improvement.
Chop, soak until snotty, plug.

I have read, though I can't find it now, that alcohol does increase bio-availability for oxymorphone. Perhaps because alcohol is a better solvent for it, as is the fat in a fatty meal. Not that there aren't synergistic effects, though I've never noticed it all that much with other opiates, oxymorphone included.
Hopefully, someone with some more knowledge on this topic will chip in.

As for my own experiment, some four hours, one cheeseburger, and three, twelve-ounce (American) beers later, I haven't much of a buzz. I'm quite disappointed as previously I could snort half this amount and be much, much higher. My nose doesn't even itch!

This is the information on the interactions that Opana has with food and alcohol. It is from a PDF on the new Opana ER from the Endo Pharmaceuticals website, which is linked at the bottom of the quote.

Food Effect
Two studies examined the effect of food on the bioavailability of single doses of 20 and 40 mg of oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets in healthy volunteers. In both studies, after the administration of oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets, the Cmax was increased by approximately 50% in fed subjects compared to fasted subjects. A similar increase in Cmax was also observed with oxymorphone solution.

The AUC was unchanged in one study and increased by approximately 18% in the other study in fed subjects following the administration of oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets. Examination of the AUC suggests that most of the difference between fed and fasting conditions occurs in the first four hours after dose administration. After oral dosing with a single dose of 40 mg, a peak oxymorphone plasma level of 2.8 ng/ml is achieved at 1 hour in fasted subjects and a peak of 4.25 ng/ml is achieved at 2 hours in fed subjects and that beyond the 12 hour time point, there is very little difference in the curves. As a result, OPANA ER should be dosed at least one hour prior to or two hours after eating.

Ethanol Effect
In Vivo Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets Formulation-Alcohol Interaction
Although in vitro studies have demonstrated that oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets do not release oxymorphone more rapidly in 500 mL of 0.1N HCl solutions containing ethanol (4%, 20%, and 40% ), there is an in vivo interaction with alcohol. An in vivo study examined the effect of alcohol (40%, 20%, 4% and 0% ) on the bioavailability of a single dose of 40 mg of oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets in healthy, fasted volunteers. The results showed that the oxymorphone mean AUC was 13% higher (not statistically significant) after co-administration of 240 mL of 40% alcohol. The AUC was essentially unaffected in subjects following the co-administration of oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets and ethanol (240 mL of 20% or 4% ethanol).

There was a highly variable effect on Cmax with concomitant administration of alcohol and oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets. The change in Cmax ranged from a decrease of 50% to an increase of 270% across all conditions studied. Following concomitant administration of 240 mL of 40% ethanol the Cmax increased on average by 70% and up to 270% in individual subjects. Following the concomitant administration of 240 mL of 20% ethanol, the Cmax increased on average by 31% and up to 260% in individual subjects. Following the concomitant administration of 240 mL of 4 % ethanol, the Cmax increased 7% on average and by as much as 110% for individual subjects. After oral dosing with a single dose of 40 mg in fasted subjects, the mean peak oxymorphone plasma level is 2.4 ng/mL and the median Tmax is 2 hours. Following co-administration of oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets and alcohol (240 mL of 40% ethanol) in fasted subjects, the mean peak oxymorphone level is 3.9 ng/mL and the median Tmax is 1.5 hours (range 0.75 – 6 hours).

Co-administration of OPANA ER and ethanol must be avoided.

OPANA ER may be expected to have additive effects when used in conjunction with alcohol, other opioids, or illicit drugs that cause central nervous system depression because respiratory depression, hypotension, and profound sedation, coma, or death may result.

[source]

Cmax: peak concentration that the drug achieves
Tmax: time it takes to reach the Cmax
AUC: Area under the curve; method used to estimate total drug exposure

It is too harmful to mix alcohol with Opana. The low alcohol percentage of beer has little effect on the concentration of Opana, and solutions with higher percentages of alcohol would be way too dangerous to mix with Opana, and the intoxicating effects of the alcohol would "dirty" the high too much, along with increasing the risk of death.

Last edited:
I don't know I don't really think it's that hard, from what I've read at least.

File with a nail file or peda egg.

place in oven until starting to turn slightly brown.

place in freezer for about 10 minutes then chop up finely and snort.

If you guys put the same effort in school as you did at gettin high youd all be PHD's lol

Is the old opana back.?

Hello, I'm new here and it seems like there is a ton of info on here. the past few months when I went to pick up my OPANA 30mg it was the new round tab that's like wax.. I just went today and picked up my monthly script and it's back to the old stop sign formula? Is it back to stay?? This is a huge pharmacy and I received two scripts with the new formula so it can't be old stock? Any thoughts? I think they might have both and they pick who they think should get it??

No the old opana is not back, it was probably just a rare thing for them to still have the old formulation.

Merging this with the megathread.

Hi.

It was suppose to come back in september as a "Generic" by I forget which pharmacutical company. But don't get your hopes up. Even though it's a big chain these chains are owned by someone who answers to coporate. For all you know this person could be VERY crooked, and bought a stock pile off the street. Sounds far fetched and in a way it is but in NJ trucks get stolen and resold to legit companys by organized crime and in NY as well.

But this is interesting. Mind posting pics so I can masturbate? haha

It not a crooked guy. I have been going thier for 20 years. I think they have both old and new and if your not a regular customer you get the new crappy OPANA. I have filled the last two months and they gave me new and today I got stop signs. It does not make sense. Not sure if I can say who the pharm. ?

I don't think its rare thing... They ran out a while back and could not fill any scripts of OPANA and the last two I got were the new formula... I truly think they have both and there only giving it to there regular customers...

It not a crooked guy. I have been going thier for 20 years. I think they have both old and new and if your not a regular customer you get the new crappy OPANA. I have filled the last two months and they gave me new and today I got stop signs. It does not make sense. Not sure if I can say who the pharm. ?

If you know the guy for 20 years why wouldn't he hook you up the last two months?

And you'd be surprised what people do to make a fast buck.

The only thing I can think of is a stock pile. He probably got the new ones and sold em because the opana company was pushing pharmacies to go towards them. He probably is behind on a order of the new ones and is using up the OG's before the "due" date (even though drugs have a VERY long shelf life in normal temp)

I say, enjoy it now. It's pretty much impossible for any of us to give you an naswer as to WHY he had em, but as for are they back...not till september. I just checked opana.com to be sure. So enjoy, or make your money now. Cause once there gone you got a whole lonly summer.

Now for the past 2 months did you get the OLD NEW ones or the NEW NEW ones (this is getting pretty ridiculous. It's like a movie saga or something)

I got the new ones for the past two months. I also get 8mg dilaudid 180 tabs plus 90mg 120 tabs of morphine so I'm good without the OPANA but man are the old one strong!

If you know the guy for 20 years why wouldn't he hook you up the last two months?

And you'd be surprised what people do to make a fast buck.

The only thing I can think of is a stock pile. He probably got the new ones and sold em because the opana company was pushing pharmacies to go towards them. He probably is behind on a order of the new ones and is using up the OG's before the "due" date (even though drugs have a VERY long shelf life in normal temp)

I say, enjoy it now. It's pretty much impossible for any of us to give you an naswer as to WHY he had em, but as for are they back...not till september. I just checked opana.com to be sure. So enjoy, or make your money now. Cause once there gone you got a whole lonly summer.

Now for the past 2 months did you get the OLD NEW ones or the NEW NEW ones (this is getting pretty ridiculous. It's like a movie saga or something)

He works nights and I was filling during the day. So I went last night and I got the old ones... He did tell me that they had no old ones left two months ago so it really makes no sense... Oh well it's party time this weekend...

He works nights and I was filling during the day. So I went last night and I got the old ones... He did tell me that they had no old ones left two months ago so it really makes no sense... Oh well it's party time this weekend...

So you been getting the NEW ones or the NEW NEW ones that look almost like an xtc pill?

Go to www.opana.com if you don't know what I mean

And not to be rude...but if your pharmacist told you there's no old ones left...why did you ask us if they're back?

Hi.

It was suppose to come back in september as a "Generic" by I forget which pharmacutical company. But don't get your hopes up. Even though it's a big chain these chains are owned by someone who answers to coporate. For all you know this person could be VERY crooked, and bought a stock pile off the street. Sounds far fetched and in a way it is but in NJ trucks get stolen and resold to legit companys by organized crime and in NY as well.

But this is interesting. Mind posting pics so I can masturbate? haha

I think it's Actavis, but don't quote me on this, I've given up on oxymorphone for now, at least the ERs for now.

So you been getting the NEW ones or the NEW NEW ones that look almost like an xtc pill?

Go to www.opana.com if you don't know what I mean

And not to be rude...but if your pharmacist told you there's no old ones left...why did you ask us if they're back?

It's ok your not rude... It makes no sense to me... Three months ago they had no stop signs left and could not fill my script cause they were waiting for the new round ones to come in and he told me they had none... I filled my script the last two months and got round also...today I got stop signs... I hope that clears up why I asked?

You're suggesting that people boil anhydrous ethanol? Do you realize the insane risk of explosion this poses to most users?

It's beyond insane. Not quite up there with working with diethyl ether, but up there. This method presents an enormous risk to most anyone, even those with years of lab experience.