• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The NEW reformulated round Opana ER Mega Thread v.1 really? again??

okay people...time to not panic.

i figured these things out and its not difficult. get the followig tools;

1. pedegg
2. pliers
3. microwave

what you do is tale the new opana hold it with a pair of plier and grind it onto the pedegg. if you dont use pliers your finger tips will bleed cause these suckers are a pain. but once grinded put it microwave for 4 mins. then enjoy

Yea i got part of my scrip filled for the 30 er 3x/day....i got 55 old ones...they didnt have the full 90, and the next day when i got the remaining 35, they were the new ones. I'm a guy who loves to snort the opanas. simply because it just makes me feel happy and better all around and it's definitely more of a pain relief than swallowed.lol. I also get 4mg dilaudid 3x/day. I've been trying to get less opana and more dilaudid, but it hasn't happened yet. i tried just taking the opana er 30mg 3 times a day, without any dilaudid, and I felt like i was in withdrawal, so i took another one....I had to take 6 of them in one day just to try to avoid withdrawal, and my back pain was a little less but not really, i was taking tylenol and aspirin and lodine and soma but i was still in a lot of pain. Hopefully i can get on more dilaudid....does anyone know anything about exalgo? (Time release dilaudid) can they be crushed/injected etc.? Thank god i get those dilaudid with my opana, cause i turn them into 4mg shots using micron filter. anyways, if anyone has any info on the safety precautions used in manufacturing exalgo, or avinza for that matter (24hr time release morphine) I'd love to hear it...

Thanks! And for all you opana lovers, i sympathize lol. But don't lose hope, supposedly snortable opana ER generics will be coming out sometime between september 2012 and january 2013...dont know if it's true but we'll see, hopefully sooner than later, lol

On the sixteenth I got my last forty hexagonal opanas because they didn't have enough, but I'm the only one at my pharmacy who takes them. I went back on the twenty-third to get my remaining twenty and they were the the new circular 40's of the same color with an E on one side. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone comes out with a way to make these insufflatable, but until then a lot of doctors are going to be noticing a lot patients asking to be changed on to something different. Me? I'm perfectly content with taking them orally whole. If you chew them up then there just going to get stuck within your teeth. these companies are just looking out for your best interest instead of trying to get you high. don't curse them for it. if you're snorting these than you should probably check into a rehab or stop before you develop a serious addiction (I don't know your Pain Management circumstances, but I'm sure if you really wanted to get smashed you could consume these with alcohol, but I would not condone that because the TimeRx system just keeps the medicine steadily rising in your blood and the last thing you want to do is raise your tolerance or change it in anyway on such a powerful narcotic (not to mention - kill yourself!). I have ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia, two degenerative discs, with a host of other physical and other mental health problems and hope to start school this fall at Tulsa University. I'm twenty-four, but because of my medical problems I'm finally able to get my life somewhat back on track. if it wasn't for drugs like Opana 40mg twice a day, Morphine Instant Release 30mg (up to four a day, I average two on a normal day, three on a bad one, and four and a day where I don't want to get to get out of bed. I would go into detail of what other two narcotics I'm on and my other medicines, but I don't see where that would benefit anyone.

just give it time guys and I'm sure someone will figure out how to snort these things although I'd recommend finding better ways to enjoy life than snorting drugs... I don't say these tings to bitch, but for your own good.

Last edited:
Me? I'm perfectly content with taking them orally whole. If you chew them up then there just going to get stuck within your teeth. these companies are just looking out for your best interest instead of trying to get you high. don't curse them for it. if you're snorting these than you should probably check into a rehab or stop before you develop a serious addiction (I don't know your Pain Management circumstances, but I'm sure if you really wanted to get smashed you could consume these with alcohol, but I would not condone that because the TimeRx system just keeps the medicine steadily rising in your blood and the last thing you want to do is raise your tolerance or change it in anyway on such a powerful narcotic (not to mention - kill yourself!). I have ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia, two degenerative discs, with a host of other physical and other mental health problems and hope to start school this fall at Tulsa University. I'm twenty-four, but because of my medical problems I'm finally able to get my life somewhat back on track. if it wasn't for drugs like Opana 40mg twice a day, Morphine Instant Release 30mg (up to four a day, I average two on a normal day, three on a bad one, and four and a day where I don't want to get to get out of bed. I would go into detail of what other two narcotics I'm on and my other medicines, but I don't see where that would benefit anyone.

just give it time guys and I'm sure someone will figure out how to snort these things although I'd recommend finding better ways to enjoy life than snorting drugs... I don't say these tings to bitch, but for your own good.

thank you for the revelations, what would we do without someone like you for inspiration to get clean :|

^ He's right though, and I basically wrote something very similar in my post below. Getting high isn't fun once you are hooked, so unless you use occasionally I would suggest changing up your lifestyle so that you aren't miserable whenever you run out of pills, or with each new reformulation of pills.

Yea i got part of my scrip filled for the 30 er 3x/day....i got 55 old ones...they didnt have the full 90, and the next day when i got the remaining 35, they were the new ones. I'm a guy who loves to snort the opanas. simply because it just makes me feel happy and better all around and it's definitely more of a pain relief than swallowed.lol. I also get 4mg dilaudid 3x/day. I've been trying to get less opana and more dilaudid, but it hasn't happened yet. i tried just taking the opana er 30mg 3 times a day, without any dilaudid, and I felt like i was in withdrawal, so i took another one....I had to take 6 of them in one day just to try to avoid withdrawal, and my back pain was a little less but not really, i was taking tylenol and aspirin and lodine and soma but i was still in a lot of pain.

How did you normally take the old formulation of Opana? The oral BA is 10% whereas the nasal BA is 40% so if you are used to sniffing your Opana and had to take the new ones orally, then that explains why you had to take such a higher dose to feel any relief.

I suggest tapering down with the old formulation until you are taking them all orally. Slowly switch from sniffing some and eating some to eating all of them. This will make the withdrawals minimal when you are all out of the old formulation. The reason why the reformulation of Opana is so bad is because the oral BA is so low compared to the other ROAs. At least with OxyContin the oral BA is high, so even if you were stuck eating them all the withdrawal shouldn't be much of an issue.

As for the Exalo, you really need to be thinking long term with your pain management. I don't know about how easy Exalo is to abuse, but think about the harm that you are doing by IVing all the nasty stuff in pills. Even if you can crush and IV the Exalo, then what? Your tolerance will undoubtable rise, and then you will just be using to keep from withdrawing, at which time your pain issues will be even worse. It's all fun and games until you are hooked, and that has already happened.

If I were you I would either strictly take your pain pills as directed, or taper off of them and maybe get onto something like Suboxone for maintenance. Being hooked on opiates is no way to live, so you would be better off with something with a long half-life like Suboxone so that you don't have to deal with withdrawals between each dose.

Ill try to get back on topic.I havent seen the new convex ER Oxymorphones yet, just the ogtagonal ones. I am sure that system can be busted easily. Even OPs, as much a pita as they are nowm, can be busted (broken down) by simple mechanical and heat/cold reactions. The 'old' octagonal ones were easy to beat if you had a decent solvent (91%IPA works great) adn a microwave (for boiling off excess solvent).

Somewhere Id like to think that whoever came up with Timer-X system for Opana, thinking it couldnt be beaten, could see how easily it is beaten with $3 worth of IPA, a few microwave safe plates, and a shot glass, all weilded by a guy (me) who didnt get a 7 figure salary for busting their miracle anti-abuse system.

eta: IV'ing any drug non specifically manufactured to be IVed can lead to all sorts of problems. and There is a quantum leap ij potency between eating/snorting opana and banging them I am currently looking into pharmas that work worth a damn orally; so far that list is just one drugs, 15 adn 30mg IR Oxycodone. Oral morphine, hydro and oxymorphone have total shit bioavailability due to their chemistry, whereas drups like OPs have horrible bioavailabilty due to the anti-abuse measures in place.

Last edited:
these companies are just looking out for your best interest instead of trying to get you high. don't curse them for it.

This is the only thing in that post I have a problem with...

If you truly believe that all of these drugs are being reformulated because the pharm companies have our best interest in mind, you're sadly mistaken.

If that was the case, why wouldn't their drugs work better, instead of working LESS then the original formula? Have you heard the complaints from legitimate chronic pain sufferers about the new OP Oxycontin? Half the time, the pill passes through them, completely undissolved, and leaving them in pain and withdrawal. Not to mention the severe stomach issues many, many, MANY people have reported with the reformulated drug. The original Oxycontin worked GREAT when taken as prescribed. The new ones are just about worthless, why do you think so many people switched from Oxycontin to Opana? Because they were having so many issues with it.

I've already heard reports from friends, that the reformulated version of Opana is the exact same way. & none of these people abuse their meds. They take them strictly as prescribed, every day, like clockwork. So it's not just the people that [ab]use any of these narcotics that are complaining. It's also legitimate patients, who need this medication in their every day life, just to be able to get up and go to work.

Big pharma is making these changes to keep the millions, if not billions of dollars rolling in, because one of their patents expired. It's all just to keep making that cake. If they really had the consumer in mind, they would find a way to make their existing drugs work better, the way they were intended to be taken.

Sorry man, I don't mean to come off as rude, I'm just saying...

just give it time guys and I'm sure someone will figure out how to snort these things...

Yeah like when they came out with the new oxycontin formula and we.... oh, yikes, bad example. lol

Well, I guess technically someone did figure out a way to sniff the new oxycontin, but it was so unbelievably laborious and wasteful, and to go through such a long process each and every time you wanted to get high was... well, unless you were baking cookies and had the oven already going, it was just stupid. lol

So honestly? No, we'll probably not figure out a way to sniff these stupid things. But it's whatever, because at the end of the day, drug addicts will merely move onto a pill that has not yet been reformulated, or they'll make the switch to dope; and so the beat goes on...

Ultimately, I feel bad for those pain patients for whom the new, reformulated opana no longer works, or at least not as effectively.

Yeah like when they came out with the new oxycontin formula and we.... oh, yikes, bad example. lol

Well, I guess technically someone did figure out a way to sniff the new oxycontin, but it was so unbelievably laborious and wasteful, and to go through such a long process each and every time you wanted to get high was... well, unless you were baking cookies and had the oven already going, it was just stupid. lol

You mean you wouldn't want to do this method to get high off of the OP OxyContin? :\

^ LOL!

That's not the method I was thinking of, but yeah, that's still pretty ridiculous... more ridiculous, even.

I was thinking of the microwave/oven method. I can just imagine my mother...

"I know you're still using!"
"What? How do you know?"
"My ped-egg is missing, and the oven's still warm, Steven!"
"Uh.... well I uh...."

^ Yea I knew what you were referring too, but I figured I would bring up an even more rediculous method.

I used to joke about getting caught using suboxone by coming home with an orange mouth, or getting caught using roxi by having blue stuff in my nose. Getting away with the micro-freeze method would be hard if parents knew about it. If you have the digital buttons on the oven or microwave you would get busted by the beeping sound on them haha.

Hi Greenlighter. I'm new to this website, myself. I found it after my pharmacy told me they can't get Opana ER anymore. It sounds like you are on a pretty low dose, compared to many of the folks posting, here. I use the 10 mg Opana ER twice a day with Dilaudid as my "breakthrough" drug. Vicodin does nothing but make me constipated. I hope you have a good doctor and he's willing to work with you.

What a small world! I've had 5 major back surgeries, too, and I'm considering a Spinal Cord stimulator (though I question whether it would be better than my TENS Unit. I went through Methadone withdrawal a couple years ago and it was awful. Now, I'm having trouble finding Opana ER and it's making me nervous. Just 10 mg, twice a day, helps me a lot. Without PM Doctors, lots of us would spend all our time in bed. I appreciate mine. And I'm anxious to read your posts about the new Opana formulation.

so does anyone know yet if you can cook these in oven then freeze like the OPs...i hear the pretty much the same as the OPs so i dont see why not

Heat will not solve this problem, just degrades the oxymorphone.

They are def the new formulated opanas, been on them since they switched, they suck, just like when they re-did the oxi's.

so does anyone know yet if you can cook these in oven then freeze like the OPs...i hear the pretty much the same as the OPs so i dont see why not

They don't use the same time release formula for the OP oxy and the new Opana ER. I posted the ingridients list to compare the two, and they are nothing alike.

like i said before the dremel works the best but everyone flamed me on it so i removed my posts and pics.

What sucks is when u pay too much for 2 30mgs thinkin they were the old ones and its from my main dealer and shows up hands off and 10 mins later i check the little bag and im in shock and all i can do is laugh cuz i know that bitch wont refund them lol..

Last edited by a moderator: